FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sex education

Sex education

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Should it be compulsory at schools ? or left to the parents ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Either as long as there's no practical

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think it should be compulsory , but it should be available but able to opt out of if wanted

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Either as long as there's no practical"

Only behind the bike sheds

The government wants nothing left to the parents as it believes parents are all stupid, unhealthy and irresponsible. How would a parent know where children came from? I'm just hoping Gove will be gone at the next election.

Based on a few of the posts on in the forums it should be compulsory in schools to prevent some passing on their very limited and sometimes scary knowledge!

In all seriousness though I do think it should be taught in schools as then there is no prejudice to what it taught and less risk of incorrect facts being passed on to kids. Some adults can barely discuss their own sex life too so to rely on them to give a child a healthy outlook on sex seems a bit daft to me

The mechanics of the human form and the reprocussions of sexual activity should be shared with 14 year olds as a minimum age. We are all being a little forgetful if we didnt know about sex and attraction at 14. Complusary in my view with strong emphasis on safe sexual ativity and emotional consquences.

Bit of both I think we had none at school and my parents told me nothing

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

There have been a number of very good sex ed courses taught in schools. The best are the ones which actively affect whether teenagers become sexually active or wait. Unfortunately, many of these have been scuppered by the media with inaccurate reporting.

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex.

"There have been a number of very good sex ed courses taught in schools. The best are the ones which actively affect whether teenagers become sexually active or wait. Unfortunately, many of these have been scuppered by the media with inaccurate reporting.

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex."

I agree that Michael Gove has clouded the issue and I would advise against reading the Daily Mail.........unless you are white, Male and "middle class"

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"There have been a number of very good sex ed courses taught in schools. The best are the ones which actively affect whether teenagers become sexually active or wait. Unfortunately, many of these have been scuppered by the media with inaccurate reporting.

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex.I agree that Michael Gove has clouded the issue and I would advise against reading the Daily Mail.........unless you are white, Male and "middle class""

It's not just this government though - previous incumbents have also buggered things up.

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex.I agree that Michael Gove has clouded the issue and I would advise against reading the Daily Mail.........unless you are white, Male and "middle class"

It's not just this government though - previous incumbents have also buggered things up."

Yes agreed..........but these are particularly anal.........ooops!

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex.I agree that Michael Gove has clouded the issue and I would advise against reading the Daily Mail.........unless you are white, Male and "middle class""

what would white, male, middle class have to do with anything?

Yes sex education should be taught, and yes it should be compulsory, and yes if you're a decent parent you'll also educate your kids on it - you'll also help your children learn to read, count, cook..

APause was one which was described by the Mail as 'promoting homosexuality' which it absolutely did not! So many schools dropped it when parents complained. Which was a real shame as it had been proven that it helped lower the incidents of under-age sex.I agree that Michael Gove has clouded the issue and I would advise against reading the Daily Mail.........unless you are white, Male and "middle class"

Yes sex education should be taught, and yes it should be compulsory, and yes if you're a decent parent you'll also educate your kids on it - you'll also help your children learn to read, count, cook.."

The Daily Mail panders too them!

Yes sex education should be taught, and yes it should be compulsory, and yes if you're a decent parent you'll also educate your kids on it - you'll also help your children learn to read, count, cook.. The Daily Mail panders too them!"

I don't see what white, male, middle class has to do with anything, other than perhaps your own prejudices.

"The government wants nothing left to the parents as it believes parents are all stupid, unhealthy and irresponsible. How would a parent know where children came from? I'm just hoping Gove will be gone at the next election. "

Sadly some "parents" are irresponsible imbeciles, ever watched jeremy kyle, sex ed, should be compulsory at school end of !

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

We are British sex is something that happens in other countries but not here.

» Add a new message to this topic