FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > April Mental Health Thread

April Mental Health Thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asisfan25 OP   Man 26 weeks ago

Essex

April Mental Health Thread

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope life is going well for all you lovely people on the forum.

I’ve made a few threads sharing my struggles with anorexia and other issues in the hope it would help others who are struggling. I’m not going to talk much about my own issues as this thread is for everyone else who is struggling with their mental health and would like some support. Or if you’ve had issues in the past and are recovering, it would be great to hear your stories. Even if you don’t feel like posting it on the thread, you can message me, and I’ll post it anonymously.

For a long time, I didn’t think I’d recover from anorexia, and honestly, at times I didn’t want to as it felt safer. It wasn’t until I really wanted to recover and have a better life that I did finally start to change. I wouldn’t tell anyone that it’s been easy or that I haven’t relapsed multiple times or that I don’t wake up and hate the way I look. It’s felt impossible at times, but I’ve never given up hope because I want to live life to the fullest and not regret the years I didn’t try or didn’t want to recover.

I wake up every day and feel hope and optimism for the future in a way that I haven’t in many years.

For anyone struggling, don’t give up. If you’re losing hope or if it seems impossible, I’m not saying it’ll be easy, but start to think of the life you want to live. I’ve learned that half the challenge is you have to want to get better, and you need a dream or something more important to you than continuing to struggle.

If anyone is going through a hard time or can’t cope, my inbox is always open.

HOPE SHINES BRIGHTEST IN THE DARK.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mber SkiesWoman 26 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Good afternoon OP keep up with being strong

Essex

Essex

"Good afternoon OP keep up with being strong "
Thanks so much

By *ealMissShadyWoman 26 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Great read OP. Thank you for sharing your journey, you've come a long way and you should he proud of yourself. True inspiration

By *midnight-Woman 26 weeks ago

Hi OP, this is beautiful

"

I wake up every day and feel hope and optimism for the future in a way that I haven’t in many years.

HOPE SHINES BRIGHTEST IN THE DARK. "

Wishing you lots of virtual support and love on your continued journey, i know how difficult it can be and it's great to read how far you have come

Essex

"Hi OP, this is beautiful

HOPE SHINES BRIGHTEST IN THE DARK.

Wishing you lots of virtual support and love on your continued journey, i know how difficult it can be and it's great to read how far you have come "

Thanks so much you wonderful lady. Hopefully we’ll get other’s reaching out if they need support

Essex

This thread is for anyone struggling with their mental health you’re not alone and recovery is possible

Essex

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

Hello OP keep going it takes one day at a time to achieve the happiness and mindset you want. Thank you for starting this thread xxx

By *etKatproject88Woman 26 weeks ago

Bristol

I have struggled with a lot of things in my life and was dealt quite a few cruel curveballs. Sometimes therapy only made it worse. I'm a firm believer of self help. Your body/ your mind knows how to heal itself and move forward. Don't listen to bad advice do what you feel you need to do. Self help books and meditation all the way. I'm always open to a chat if anyone needs one xxx breathe and do the best you can xxx

By *ackformore100Man 26 weeks ago

Tin town

"April Mental Health Thread

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope life is going well for all you lovely people on the forum.

I’ve made a few threads sharing my struggles with anorexia and other issues in the hope it would help others who are struggling. I’m not going to talk much about my own issues as this thread is for everyone else who is struggling with their mental health and would like some support. Or if you’ve had issues in the past and are recovering, it would be great to hear your stories. Even if you don’t feel like posting it on the thread, you can message me, and I’ll post it anonymously.

For a long time, I didn’t think I’d recover from anorexia, and honestly, at times I didn’t want to as it felt safer. It wasn’t until I really wanted to recover and have a better life that I did finally start to change. I wouldn’t tell anyone that it’s been easy or that I haven’t relapsed multiple times or that I don’t wake up and hate the way I look. It’s felt impossible at times, but I’ve never given up hope because I want to live life to the fullest and not regret the years I didn’t try or didn’t want to recover.

For anyone struggling, don’t give up. If you’re losing hope or if it seems impossible, I’m not saying it’ll be easy, but start to think of the life you want to live. I’ve learned that half the challenge is you have to want to get better, and you need a dream or something more important to you than continuing to struggle.

If anyone is going through a hard time or can’t cope, my inbox is always open.

HOPE SHINES BRIGHTEST IN THE DARK. "

Nice thread op. Keep on doing it.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 26 weeks ago

Leeds

Lovely thread OP & keep being strong.

Poor MH is an awful thing to go through.

Mrs

Essex

"Hello OP keep going it takes one day at a time to achieve the happiness and mindset you want. Thank you for starting this thread xxx "
it definitely takes one day at a time and everyday is a chance to do better than the last. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic