FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Police Poverty Force Fuzz to Foodbanks

Police Poverty Force Fuzz to Foodbanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 26 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that record numbers of our brave cops are turning to food banks just to survive. If you see a cop on an undercover stakeout then please drop off some coffee and donuts. It will raise morale no end.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple 26 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't funny that people have to resort to foodbanks

By *alandNitaCouple 26 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Reports that record numbers of our brave cops are turning to food banks just to survive. If you see a cop on an undercover stakeout then please drop off some coffee and donuts. It will raise morale no end.

-----

"

Although the police are reasonably well paid, pay for the entire public sector has fallen well behing the rate of inflation. The Old Bill's bills have increased, but their wages haven't

Cal

By *alandNitaCouple 26 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"It isn't funny that people have to resort to foodbanks"

Foodbanks, like most charity shouldn't need to exist. There is only a need for charity because governments don't fulfil their responsibility.

Cal

By *icolerobbieCouple 26 weeks ago

walsall

"Reports that record numbers of our brave cops are turning to food banks just to survive. If you see a cop on an undercover stakeout then please drop off some coffee and donuts. It will raise morale no end.

"

No need for police food banks Tom, they can just steal donuts from Tesco and when the police get called, they can drop the charges against themselves.

By *ealMissShadyWoman 26 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"

How would you know they were undercover in the first place?

Sad that anyone should need to use foodbanks and it's a worrying state of affairs when our emergency services aren't being looked after as they should.

I have to pinch myself to remind myself the year is actually 2024 and people are living in poverty

By *undee2Man 26 weeks ago

Dundee

I blame it on the IOPC. This was not necessary in the good old days, they just took their bribes.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 26 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

There could be a marketing opportunity here, supply cut price donuts to the police and get the donut company logo on the side of a police car for some advertising.

"

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

I’m not sure when Food Banks started in the UK I first heard of them in 2012 as it was part of my job role. I understand that there has always been poverty but I also believe there are people that take advantage of the food bank as I have heard some say I am here for my free bag of groceries.Whether they are joking or serious is open to debate.Either way people shouldn’t have to rely on food banks in 2024.Sadly I don’t know what the answer is.

By *icecouple561Couple 26 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’m not sure when Food Banks started in the UK I first heard of them in 2012 as it was part of my job role. I understand that there has always been poverty but I also believe there are people that take advantage of the food bank as I have heard some say I am here for my free bag of groceries.Whether they are joking or serious is open to debate.Either way people shouldn’t have to rely on food banks in 2024.Sadly I don’t know what the answer is."

The groceries are free so I think that's an acceptable thing to say

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them

By *anJenny 181Couple 26 weeks ago

Preston

I don't want to get all political today as that will cause division but let just say our MPs can claim expenses of £50 for breakfast, whilst people struggle with food banks.

We have had to tighten our belt and despite working full time we had less than £50 in our bank this pay day.

We have binned off loads of luxury's & one big bill could put us into using food banks

We are now part of the working poor seen as essential workers during the pandemic begging for food the next,

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

"I’m not sure when Food Banks started in the UK I first heard of them in 2012 as it was part of my job role. I understand that there has always been poverty but I also believe there are people that take advantage of the food bank as I have heard some say I am here for my free bag of groceries.Whether they are joking or serious is open to debate.Either way people shouldn’t have to rely on food banks in 2024.Sadly I don’t know what the answer is.

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them"

. Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.However I will smile and complete the food bank referral slip and give it to them to go to the food bank and see if they are entitled to help.

By *estless nativeMan 26 weeks ago

near Glasgow

"I’m not sure when Food Banks started in the UK I first heard of them in 2012 as it was part of my job role. I understand that there has always been poverty but I also believe there are people that take advantage of the food bank as I have heard some say I am here for my free bag of groceries.Whether they are joking or serious is open to debate.Either way people shouldn’t have to rely on food banks in 2024.Sadly I don’t know what the answer is."

Foodbanks have been around for decades in various forms, just more focus on them now due to societal/governmental failure on a large scale.

My first memory of food banks was late 70's or early 80's, when I found out my local Church had a cupboard full of tinnes and dried goods as emergency supplies for families in need

By *atricia ParnelWoman 26 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

We need more community canteens, free hot meal and people to chat and keep warm too. Our local church gets supplied by food donations and then cooks for the area, people pop in and get to see friends and any other help they might need

By *uckurcumMan 26 weeks ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Plain fact is this type of attitude is as big a problem as is the level of poverty in a G7 economy..it's a shameful indictment of Britain today ...

It takes more guts to go to a food bank irrespective of job or situation,then it does to say things in an online forum ...

People should do well to remember,

The higher up the so called social scale the bigger the drop ....Poverty now cuts across a wide demographic...

Welcome to Victorian Britain Part 2 .. What a fine legacy after 14 years !

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’m not sure when Food Banks started in the UK I first heard of them in 2012 as it was part of my job role. I understand that there has always been poverty but I also believe there are people that take advantage of the food bank as I have heard some say I am here for my free bag of groceries.Whether they are joking or serious is open to debate.Either way people shouldn’t have to rely on food banks in 2024.Sadly I don’t know what the answer is.

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them. Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.However I will smile and complete the food bank referral slip and give it to them to go to the food bank and see if they are entitled to help."

Good

How would you like people to ask to be referred?

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them. Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.However I will smile and complete the food bank referral slip and give it to them to go to the food bank and see if they are entitled to help.

Good

How would you like people to ask to be referred?"

. I would like people to say something like. Am I entitled to help from the food bank , Someone told me I maybe entitled to help from a food bank.How do I go about getting a food bank slip. I’m here for a food bank slip.Been asked this way I don’t find it infuriating.As I said earlier my personality / character traits are different and I don’t have a great sense of humour so I take a lot of things seriously maybe some are just joking when they say they are here for a free bag of shopping.When you see the same people every month you start to think that perhaps they maybe taking advantage of the system especially when they say last time they didn’t have certain types of food , out of date food , they didn’t have Heinz baked beans.I appreciate it probably takes guts / courage to ask for help.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them. Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.However I will smile and complete the food bank referral slip and give it to them to go to the food bank and see if they are entitled to help.

Good

How would you like people to ask to be referred?. I would like people to say something like. Am I entitled to help from the food bank , Someone told me I maybe entitled to help from a food bank.How do I go about getting a food bank slip. I’m here for a food bank slip.Been asked this way I don’t find it infuriating.As I said earlier my personality / character traits are different and I don’t have a great sense of humour so I take a lot of things seriously maybe some are just joking when they say they are here for a free bag of shopping.When you see the same people every month you start to think that perhaps they maybe taking advantage of the system especially when they say last time they didn’t have certain types of food , out of date food , they didn’t have Heinz baked beans.I appreciate it probably takes guts / courage to ask for help."

I see.

When I used to work with people who needed a bit of support they usually felt humiliated having to ask. Some people wouldn't ask and we'd have to try to spot the ones who were just too embarrassed. I know that some take advantage but the vast majority in my experience are just trying to get through life.

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Good

How would you like people to ask to be referred?. I would like people to say something like. Am I entitled to help from the food bank , Someone told me I maybe entitled to help from a food bank.How do I go about getting a food bank slip. I’m here for a food bank slip.Been asked this way I don’t find it infuriating.As I said earlier my personality / character traits are different and I don’t have a great sense of humour so I take a lot of things seriously maybe some are just joking when they say they are here for a free bag of shopping.When you see the same people every month you start to think that perhaps they maybe taking advantage of the system especially when they say last time they didn’t have certain types of food , out of date food , they didn’t have Heinz baked beans.I appreciate it probably takes guts / courage to ask for help.

I see.

When I used to work with people who needed a bit of support they usually felt humiliated having to ask. Some people wouldn't ask and we'd have to try to spot the ones who were just too embarrassed. I know that some take advantage but the vast majority in my experience are just trying to get through life. "

. I understand what you are saying about feeling humiliated. I have never tried to humiliate anyone as I know and understand things happen in life that can change your life for the worse.Recently my manager asked me to see someone who was vulnerable she said she choose me as I have more empathy than 2 of my colleagues. I had to ask her what empathy meant as although I had heard the word I didn’t know its meaning. I was have worked the same office for almost 13 years now.I believe I know most of the ones who are playing the system and it is a minority so I accept what you are saying when you say the vast majority are just trying to get through life.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^

By *ad NannaWoman 26 weeks ago

East London

Most food banks require referral (not all) from a medical professional, social worker, school or college so it's difficult to take advantage. Community pantries are different and anyone can use them. Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.However I will smile and complete the food bank referral slip and give it to them to go to the food bank and see if they are entitled to help."

Why do you find it infuriating?

Isn't that why you're there?

East London

Good

How would you like people to ask to be referred?. I would like people to say something like. Am I entitled to help from the food bank , Someone told me I maybe entitled to help from a food bank.How do I go about getting a food bank slip. I’m here for a food bank slip.Been asked this way I don’t find it infuriating.As I said earlier my personality / character traits are different and I don’t have a great sense of humour so I take a lot of things seriously maybe some are just joking when they say they are here for a free bag of shopping.When you see the same people every month you start to think that perhaps they maybe taking advantage of the system especially when they say last time they didn’t have certain types of food , out of date food , they didn’t have Heinz baked beans.I appreciate it probably takes guts / courage to ask for help.

I see.

When I used to work with people who needed a bit of support they usually felt humiliated having to ask. Some people wouldn't ask and we'd have to try to spot the ones who were just too embarrassed. I know that some take advantage but the vast majority in my experience are just trying to get through life. . I understand what you are saying about feeling humiliated. I have never tried to humiliate anyone as I know and understand things happen in life that can change your life for the worse.Recently my manager asked me to see someone who was vulnerable she said she choose me as I have more empathy than 2 of my colleagues. I had to ask her what empathy meant as although I had heard the word I didn’t know its meaning. I was have worked the same office for almost 13 years now.I believe I know most of the ones who are playing the system and it is a minority so I accept what you are saying when you say the vast majority are just trying to get through life."

Jeez, I'd really fucking hate for you to be my advisor. For future reference, if I need to, should I cry and wring my hands when asking for help?

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Why do you find it infuriating?

Isn't that why you're there?"

. Is it really necessary to say the words I am here for my free bag of shopping ?. As I said I smile complete the food bank referral and send them on their way.

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Good

I see.

When I used to work with people who needed a bit of support they usually felt humiliated having to ask. Some people wouldn't ask and we'd have to try to spot the ones who were just too embarrassed. I know that some take advantage but the vast majority in my experience are just trying to get through life. . I understand what you are saying about feeling humiliated. I have never tried to humiliate anyone as I know and understand things happen in life that can change your life for the worse.Recently my manager asked me to see someone who was vulnerable she said she choose me as I have more empathy than 2 of my colleagues. I had to ask her what empathy meant as although I had heard the word I didn’t know its meaning. I was have worked the same office for almost 13 years now.I believe I know most of the ones who are playing the system and it is a minority so I accept what you are saying when you say the vast majority are just trying to get through life.

Jeez, I'd really fucking hate for you to be my advisor. For future reference, if I need to, should I cry and wring my hands when asking for help?"

. If you start crying at my desk I will get up go to the toilet and get you some hand towels to wipe your tears.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 26 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Are these police types worthy of free food or not.. ?

By *ealMissShadyWoman 26 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"Are these police types worthy of free food or not.. ?"

Why would you think they wouldn't be?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Every single person on the planet is worthy of food Tom. Come on!

East London

Good

I see.

When I used to work with people who needed a bit of support they usually felt humiliated having to ask. Some people wouldn't ask and we'd have to try to spot the ones who were just too embarrassed. I know that some take advantage but the vast majority in my experience are just trying to get through life. . I understand what you are saying about feeling humiliated. I have never tried to humiliate anyone as I know and understand things happen in life that can change your life for the worse.Recently my manager asked me to see someone who was vulnerable she said she choose me as I have more empathy than 2 of my colleagues. I had to ask her what empathy meant as although I had heard the word I didn’t know its meaning. I was have worked the same office for almost 13 years now.I believe I know most of the ones who are playing the system and it is a minority so I accept what you are saying when you say the vast majority are just trying to get through life.

Jeez, I'd really fucking hate for you to be my advisor. For future reference, if I need to, should I cry and wring my hands when asking for help?. If you start crying at my desk I will get up go to the toilet and get you some hand towels to wipe your tears."

Would I get referred for free food though?

By (user no longer on site) 26 weeks ago

Didn't see ACAB Tommy Essex on my 2024 bingo card..

By *allySlinkyWoman 26 weeks ago

Leeds

" Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating."

Maybe when I went to hospital last month I should have said to the NHS staff "I'm here for my free hysterectomy" and see if they were infuriated.

By *rozac_fairyCouple 26 weeks ago

Tamworth

My Mom used to go to her local food bank (it was in a church and charity ran) in the 50's, her Dad couldn't work due to having TB. Her mother didn't work because she had 4 children to care for aswell as an ill husband and the house.

They lived on benefits and used a food bank. They aren't new, they're just needed more now.

I'd say the person/people saying they're there for their free bag of groceries is probably just trying to make light of the hard situation they're found themselves in. Laugh otherwise you'd cry type of thing.

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Good

I see.

Jeez, I'd really fucking hate for you to be my advisor. For future reference, if I need to, should I cry and wring my hands when asking for help?. If you start crying at my desk I will get up go to the toilet and get you some hand towels to wipe your tears.

Would I get referred for free food though?"

. I would complete the food bank referral slip and give you the slip to take to the food bank.My understanding is when you go to the food bank they will check their records to see how many times you have had food from the food bank before they decide.They generally give food to last 3-4 days.

By *ohnysteMan 26 weeks ago

newcastle under lyme

A lot ot the private sector are zero hours and minimum wage. Typically public sector have better pay, conditions & pensions.

Years ago people managed on less but we didnt have cars mobiles tvs house ownership holidays etc etc

East London

Good

I see.

Jeez, I'd really fucking hate for you to be my advisor. For future reference, if I need to, should I cry and wring my hands when asking for help?. If you start crying at my desk I will get up go to the toilet and get you some hand towels to wipe your tears.

Would I get referred for free food though?. I would complete the food bank referral slip and give you the slip to take to the food bank.My understanding is when you go to the food bank they will check their records to see how many times you have had food from the food bank before they decide.They generally give food to last 3-4 days."

And if I wasn't crying but said can I be referred for free food?

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

Good

I see.

Would I get referred for free food though?. I would complete the food bank referral slip and give you the slip to take to the food bank.My understanding is when you go to the food bank they will check their records to see how many times you have had food from the food bank before they decide.They generally give food to last 3-4 days.

And if I wasn't crying but said can I be referred for free food?"

. Same again I would complete the food bank referral slip and give you the slip to take to the food bank.

By *os19Man 26 weeks ago

Edmonton

" Probably just my personality / character traits but coming into my place of work and saying I am here for my free bag of shopping I find it infuriating.

Maybe when I went to hospital last month I should have said to the NHS staff "I'm here for my free hysterectomy" and see if they were infuriated. "

. As I said in earlier posting that’s my personality/ character traits and I don’t have a great sense of humour.Also you wouldn’t see me been infuriated as I keep my emotions in check that you probably wouldn’t know I was infuriated.

By *sianmale89Man 26 weeks ago

Stockport

What is truly concerning in this day and age is how many people in developed countries have to turn to food bank services..

cost off living and inflation crisis around the globe as things get more and more expensive year by year....

some say it's capitalism/greed at it's best and others argue it's overpopulation etc around the world...

the poor/homeless population continues to grow more due to rise in cost off living and other crisis developing especially lack off housing for some..

what is more concerning when people on 20k - 30k a year jobs have to turn to food banks even after working over time and living with in their means..

I know some will argue that people having loads off children, spending on excessive or non essential things or luxuries etc or being careless with their expenses and so on..

but for those people who live within their genuine means and still have to turn to these services is shocking and a show off the times we live in..

regardless to how some may feel towards the emergency services especially the police and all the red tape or lack off resources these days or other shortages etc this is the result of back to back years off austerity leading to a severely understaffed and over worked/burnt out emergency services personnel in general..

» Add a new message to this topic