FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bipolar

Bipolar

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone have any advice on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Google!!!

The best advice i can give, cos many ppls interpretation of it varies!!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Does anyone have any advice on this "
Its a big ball park, are you after serious advice, the green smiley confuses things?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

To be honest what ever sexuality a polar bear wants to be is fine by me. They scare me.

Never heard of it till stacy on eastenders had it.now it seems everyone does.???

Doesn't Terry Hall from the specials have it ?

If its been properly diagnosed the support is there, much better taking advice from support groups and professionals than gain info on here IMO

One of my best mates is bipolar, its very severe with him, he developed it in his late twenties. I've know him for years and seen him go from a confident fella who played in a band to a person that has trouble leaving the house some days.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Bi polar is the term used for manic depression famous suffers are frank bruno Stephen fry and Kerry katona. It is a mental health illness can can often see suffers suffer a euthopic high and then a rather significant low...it is controlled by medication.. some suffers have ocd tendencies other don't it is a complex illness that if left untreated can cause the person to become very unwell..

Though with the green smiley i am not sure how serious the question is?

Bipolar isn't new its just manic depression renamed . This was done to differentiate it from other forms of depression.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Though with the green smiley i am not sure how serious the question is? "
Which was my initial question CC, but the OP has buggered orf.Im sure he will respond later though.

"Bi polar is the term used for manic depression famous suffers are frank bruno Stephen fry and Kerry katona. It is a mental health illness can can often see suffers suffer a euthopic high and then a rather significant low...it is controlled by medication.. some suffers have ocd tendencies other don't it is a complex illness that if left untreated can cause the person to become very unwell.."

requote manic high and lows

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

there are many different forms of bi polar it certainly far more complex than suffering extreme highs and lows. then you havd other illness inside the bipolar. the green smiley seems to indicate you dont want serious answers

As Karen has said Bi polar is complex...

Not just feeling a bit down one and a bit high the next!

I suggest if your being serious ( which I expect your not ) then do your own research and visit your gp!

I find some posts these days are done in very bad taste

"the green smiley seems to indicate you dont want serious answers"

or maybe he does and was too embarrassed to ask it seriously ?

if it is a genuine question, seek professional help rather than relying on others experiences

if it is not a genuine question then tread carefully op as this is both an emotive and emotional issue for some on here

"the green smiley seems to indicate you dont want serious answers

if it is a genuine question, seek professional help rather than relying on others experiences

if it is not a genuine question then tread carefully op as this is both an emotive and emotional issue for some on here "

Maybe I guess only the op can answer... op MIND has some great literature about mental health illness and covers alot...bi polar is complex...

if it is not a genuine question then tread carefully op as this is both an emotive and emotional issue for some on here

Maybe I guess only the op can answer... op MIND has some great literature about mental health illness and covers alot...bi polar is complex..."

I find the bipolar-foundation an excellent source of information.

Also you really need to know which type of bipolar you are talking about as they dont all have the same symtoms, bipolar 1, 2, rapid cycle syndrome, mixed mood episodes ect

Sorry very serious was making light of it just need some help understanding it all

"Does anyone have any advice on this Its a big ball park, are you after serious advice, the green smiley confuses things?"

Sorry the smiley face was put in to make light of how serious

"Sorry very serious was making light of it just need some help understanding it all "

Go to a bipolar support group for suffers, family and friends. There is lots of stuff out there but you need to be proactive.

As know one on here knows what your talking about your unlikey to get the answers you want

"Sorry very serious was making light of it just need some help understanding it all

Go to a bipolar support group for suffers, family and friends. There is lots of stuff out there but you need to be proactive.

As know one on here knows what your talking about your unlikey to get the answers you want"

Ok will give it a go thank you

If you feel you are bipolar you need to get to your doctors,and if he deems it necessary he will refer you to a mental health unit, but there is normally a long waiting list so I would a act now.

M

I know that this is the symbol for bipolar :

"I know that this is the symbol for bipolar :"

That's all well and good but when your coping with a family member that has it what symbol is it then

"I know that this is the symbol for bipolar :

That's all well and good but when your coping with a family member that has it what symbol is it then"

As has been said already a few times!

Google support groups in the area you require!

That's all well and good but when your coping with a family member that has it what symbol is it then"

If its a family member of yours that has it, the only advice i can give you is to give them plenty of patience and understanding, but dont be afraid of getting tough when the situation demands it. Medication wise it will take a long time to find something that stabilizes their condition and when something works its not guaranteed to work forever. this is how i deal with my mate as most of his family dont want to know him because of his condition. I feel for you mate, its a cruel condition for the person that suffers and anyone that has to help them

That's all well and good but when your coping with a family member that has it what symbol is it then

As has been said already a few times!

Google support groups in the area you require! "

Done and found 2 that are close too me

My neighbour has this one minute really nice And if she forgets to take tablets she is right mental cow

She had her kid taken into care for 3 months and has to keep her curtains closed as me and Paula's 3 cars and 1 motorcycle parked outside our place drives her insane .

And she hates it that her guy keeps eyeing Paula up especially as Paula looks really good and she looks like a oxfam reject charity case

Lol

"Bi polar is the term used for manic depression famous suffers are frank bruno Stephen fry and Kerry katona. It is a mental health illness can can often see suffers suffer a euthopic high and then a rather significant low...it is controlled by medication.. some suffers have ocd tendencies other don't it is a complex illness that if left untreated can cause the person to become very unwell.."

Fry was quoted rather well the other week. He said think of it like the weather in your head. You can't alter the weather but you can hairdo against it.

So not just medication, but CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) can help too.

"Does anyone have any advice on this

My neighbour has this one minute really nice And if she forgets to take tablets she is right mental cow

She had her kid taken into care for 3 months and has to keep her curtains closed as me and Paula's 3 cars and 1 motorcycle parked outside our place drives her insane .

And she hates it that her guy keeps eyeing Paula up especially as Paula looks really good and she looks like a oxfam reject charity case

Lol"

I'm sure she welcomes your obvious understanding of her condition and the warmth you have shown in describing it

Lol"

what a lovely post brings warmth to my heart what understanding neighbours you are....

Lol"

good god and they say the stigma of mental health isnt as bad as it used to be. nice to see people like you keep it alive and kicking

Lol"

It's so nice to see that your ILL neighbour has you to look out for her!

When my mum developed Manic Depression (as it was still called then) the guy from a couple who were two of my parent's best friends decided to try and use my Mum's mental instability to try and have an affair with her. Some lovely people around

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Hmmm just MORE attention seeking I feel.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

if it is not a genuine question then tread carefully op as this is both an emotive and emotional issue for some on here "

Remembering one of vans other threads, I think its meant to be genuine.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

Lol"

With neighbours like you,who needs enemies. Why not try to find out about bipolar and maybe help

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

GP

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

One can try give all the advise in the world on a load of posted subjects but when the person really doesnt want to take it then advise is pointless.

By *andCCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

For the last 3 months my partner has been through a very bad depressive episode...she was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 a couple of years ago, but depression has always been a part of her life. It's not helped by the fact that she also has M.E to contend with.

Regarding a previous negative comment about the poster's neighbour; that nasty judgmental kind of attitude is not uncommon in my experience. When she's at her worst, so called "friends" have accused my partner of being manipulative - she isn't ...it's the bloody illness you fools When she's well, my partner is a gorgeous, lovely, outgoing and generous person, and vulnerable and helpless when she's not. Hopefully the new meds (Quetiapine) will soon level her out and make her whole again.

Btw I have lived with depression since my teens ...but I do thank my lucky stars that I haven't had to deal with the extreme elevated moods, and severe depressive episodes which are common in a bipolar illness.

» Add a new message to this topic