FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Broadband down

Broadband down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Came home from work today to find I have no broadband and no incoming calls..... Rang the call centre ( not a uk one ) and going to have to wait up to 72 working hours for it to be restored!!

Problem at the exchange apparently

Not a happy bunny

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Came home from work today to find I have no broadband and no incoming calls..... Rang the call centre ( not a uk one ) and going to have to wait up to 72 working hours for it to be restored!!

Not a happy bunny "

Why so long? I trust they are going to reimburse you?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doh! And I was going to do my naked dance covered in angel delight tonight on cam lol

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Have you tried the peanut butter method?

"Came home from work today to find I have no broadband and no incoming calls..... Rang the call centre ( not a uk one ) and going to have to wait up to 72 working hours for it to be restored!!

Not a happy bunny Why so long? I trust they are going to reimburse you? "

Haven't a clue why it's going to take so long, was on the phone with them for 2 hours altogether!!!!

They are giving us a tv package and box thingy free of charge... Would rather have my broadband back on though

"Have you tried the peanut butter method?"

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

Exchange?

"Exchange? "

Yeah that's what I thought!!!

Find it strange that I can ring out but not recieve calls!!!

In Your Bush

I have had this before. One of the engineers messing around in the cabinet disturbed a connection. Bloody kipper

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

"I have had this before. One of the engineers messing around in the cabinet disturbed a connection. Bloody kipper"

oooo I smell a fish.

"I have had this before. One of the engineers messing around in the cabinet disturbed a connection. Bloody kipper"

hehehe... that's techy speak for a bloody install guy has nicked your e-side pair for his new install. They are supposed ot phone control to be allocated a spare e-side but that can take up to three hours so what they do it pick one, install the new line and then phone control and tell them which one they've used.

Control are then faced with a dilemma: if he's picked a line that is already in use they will have two disgruntled customers if they disconnect it again; the new customer and the old customer, so they leave the new customer on the old customer's e-side and he's happy as larry. The old customer is pissed off at loss of service while they allocate a new e-side paring, but a few freebies soon placates them.

(from a former telecoms engineer - me!)

In Your Bush

"I have had this before. One of the engineers messing around in the cabinet disturbed a connection. Bloody kipper

oooo I smell a fish."

that's nothing to boast about !

By *ameyrichardsTV/TS  over a year ago

vale royal

"

hehehe... that's techy speak for a bloody install guy has nicked your e-side pair for his new install. They are supposed ot phone control to be allocated a spare e-side but that can take up to three hours so what they do it pick one, install the new line and then phone control and tell them which one they've used.

Control are then faced with a dilemma: if he's picked a line that is already in use they will have two disgruntled customers if they disconnect it again; the new customer and the old customer, so they leave the new customer on the old customer's e-side and he's happy as larry. The old customer is pissed off at loss of service while they allocate a new e-side paring, but a few freebies soon placates them.

(from a former telecoms engineer - me!) "

Know all about this my old man used to be on the other end of this, he said it was a nightmare to deal with as sometime the engineers didn't even let them know which pairs had been used, at least it was back before broadband

Well I am proper peeved off!!!

And don't really care about the freebies really...... Just want my broadband back

» Add a new message to this topic