FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Child with 3 parents

Child with 3 parents

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So they are very close to creating an embryo from 3 parents..

how will that work with the CSA?

And imagine Jeremy Kyles face on that DNA result - You are the father and You are the father!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

how does that work then? whats the 3rd party needed for?

or it could be you are the mother, and you are the mother lol

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"how does that work then? whats the 3rd party needed for?"

to buy the house

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah just saw it on the news....playing at god

I say that today but thought it was going to be two Mum's which is equally confusing!

ok not sure how they are working the 3 people.. but what is the point behind it?

If the techniques were approved it could help a handful of families each year. Around one in 6,500 children develop serious "mitochondrial disorders" which are debilitating and fatal.

Research suggests that using mitochondria from a donor egg can prevent the diseases.

However, it would result in babies having DNA from two parents and a tiny amount from a third donor.

Full article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21806911

"Yeah just saw it on the news....playing at god "

"If the techniques were approved it could help a handful of families each year. Around one in 6,500 children develop serious "mitochondrial disorders" which are debilitating and fatal.

Research suggests that using mitochondria from a donor egg can prevent the diseases.

However, it would result in babies having DNA from two parents and a tiny amount from a third donor."

i see... genetically engineered people..

"Yeah just saw it on the news....playing at god "

i agree but you can say that about many things, any IVF, transplants, bloody transfusions, resuscitation etc

"If the techniques were approved it could help a handful of families each year. Around one in 6,500 children develop serious "mitochondrial disorders" which are debilitating and fatal.

However, it would result in babies having DNA from two parents and a tiny amount from a third donor."

Having lost a niece to a mitochondrial disease called alpers and watching a child suffer its such a good thing.

A lady who also lost not only her 1st child but a few weeks later their new baby to alpers went to America last year to have a donor and a week or so ago had a beautiful baby boy who is perfect and healthy its all worth while gave me a big smile and made me cry when i got sent the pics

However, it would result in babies having DNA from two parents and a tiny amount from a third donor.

Having lost a niece to a mitochondrial disease called alpers and watching a child suffer its such a good thing.

A lady who also lost not only her 1st child but a few weeks later their new baby to alpers went to America last year to have a donor and a week or so ago had a beautiful baby boy who is perfect and healthy its all worth while gave me a big smile and made me cry when i got sent the pics "

well thats a less playing with god way of overcoming the problem.

oh and looking at your name.. its very apt for this thread

Lol yeah i guess it is

» Add a new message to this topic