FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bloody trains !!!!

Bloody trains !!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just thought I'd share.............

Travelling home yesterday one of my connections was 25 mins late into New Street which meant I'd missed the last train that would get me all the way home !!!

After a 2 hour wait, having been asked countless times for money, fags and even a bit of my sandwich ??? I finally got a train that took me to within 14 miles of home, God knows what I'd have done without good old Dad coming out after 11pm to come and fetch me.

Grrrrrrrrrr was looking forward to a nice relaxing journey but will definitely drive next time !!! (oh and don't bother pre-booking seats unless you are up for a fight to get rid of the twats that are sitting in them) xxx xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Aw hun, that must have been awful and what a rotten end to what I bet was a fab weekend.

Now Breeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaattttthhhhheeee

Hugs and Kisses

Thank you Honey, and yes it was a rather fabulous 4 days that not even that journey home could spoil lol xxx xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

they never advertise that when they promoting public transport!!! hence why i use the car when i can i live in the arse end of nowhere and its quicker and actually cheaper for me to drive!! public transport is needin a serious review if they want people to use it xx

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

It can't be easy if you live in Hicksville but I'd hazard a guess more people end up late for stuff as a result of car breakdowns, road works and road traffic collisions than do as a result of problems on trains.

I appreciate it can get problematic if you're on a train which fails to connect with a last train to wherever but I'm still a great fan of trains.

Sit back, relax, enjoy the scenery and a wee drink on a 'have it away day' ticket? That'll do nicely.

yeah and if you feelin really adventerous get the last glasgow train anywhere and see the pride of humanity in action..... david attenborough would have a field day with them!! xx

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

On the occassions I travel by train late at night I'm usually heading towards Glasgow - you get a better class of scum on those trips

lol!! its actually interesting!! i like people watchin and by god i see some sights !! xx

try saffend late at night omg

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

If you book a taxi in advance to catch a train and the taxi does not get you there in time to catch it. Then they are obliged by law to take you to your destination.

How does public transport get away with missing its own connections and leaving people stranded, especially femail passengers!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Female* ffs

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just thought I'd share.............

Travelling home yesterday one of my connections was 25 mins late into New Street which meant I'd missed the last train that would get me all the way home !!!

After a 2 hour wait, having been asked countless times for money, fags and even a bit of my sandwich ??? I finally got a train that took me to within 14 miles of home, God knows what I'd have done without good old Dad coming out after 11pm to come and fetch me.

Grrrrrrrrrr was looking forward to a nice relaxing journey but will definitely drive next time !!! (oh and don't bother pre-booking seats unless you are up for a fight to get rid of the twats that are sitting in them) xxx xxx"

that was naughty of them... I work for a railway customer services dept... if you send me as many details as you can I'll tell you what you can claim for and what sort of compensation you can get........

sean xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Just thought I'd share.............

Grrrrrrrrrr was looking forward to a nice relaxing journey but will definitely drive next time !!! (oh and don't bother pre-booking seats unless you are up for a fight to get rid of the twats that are sitting in them) xxx xxx

that was naughty of them... I work for a railway customer services dept... if you send me as many details as you can I'll tell you what you can claim for and what sort of compensation you can get........

sean xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Thank you Honey will get the details from my ticket and pm them to you xxxRazxxx

Tell us about it!

"Let The Train Take The Strain"....My Arse!

XXXX

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just for the record what should have happened is that if the train runs late and you run late, the company who's train ran late are legally obliege to get you to that station... be that by taxi straight from that destination, or to get you to the nearest point they can on the railway and then providing you a taxi from there.... your dad should not of had to pick you up from the station 15 miles away...

also because you have now gotten to your final destination more than 2 hrs late, they should refund your ticket in full... at least.... also, because of what you had to put up with at birmingham new street (my least favourite station on the entire network) you can also claim for distress, for inconvieience, and for a ton of other things.....dads petrol money ect ect....

if anyone had any problems railway wise, and wants advice on anything... give me a shout and If i can't answer it, I'll point you in the direction of the people who can......

sean xxxxxxx

» Add a new message to this topic