FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How does positive thinking

How does positive thinking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

help you improve your life? From Yoga to Pilates, from Meditation to Mindfulness... or whatever else tickles your fancy....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i have a pic of me aged 4 by the front door. i see it every morning. it reminds me to be the person my parents wanted to be and to try not to be too much of a cunt.

it seems to work

I try to see the positive in everything. No matter how crap things seem, it could have been worse. Just got to see the good in it. It helps keep me cheerful.

"i have a pic of me aged 4 by the front door. i see it every morning. it reminds me to be the person my parents wanted to be and to try not to be too much of a cunt.

it seems to work"

"I try to see the positive in everything. No matter how crap things seem, it could have been worse. Just got to see the good in it. It helps keep me cheerful. "
Me too. Sometimes it leads to disappointment when people let you down but hey ho that is part of life

"I try to see the positive in everything. No matter how crap things seem, it could have been worse. Just got to see the good in it. It helps keep me cheerful. Me too. Sometimes it leads to disappointment when people let you down but hey ho that is part of life "

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ......

I am a very positive person ....... I see tiny positives in people where others don't see any at all - because of this, I and others, can be pleasantly surprised by complete turnarounds of character .......... this keeps me going

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"help you improve your life? "

Expect the best, prepare for the worse, can't go far wrong.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I always log on here on a Thursday and read all the rants. It doesn't half cheer me up

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

"I always log on here on a Thursday and read all the rants. It doesn't half cheer me up "

Works for you then?

I'm a firm believer in you get back what you put out. I think that's just common sense really. But I've done a riding course which uses a great deal of aikido energy work and say positive energy up close and it really does work. It's quite scary sometimes.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"help you improve your life? From Yoga to Pilates, from Meditation to Mindfulness... or whatever else tickles your fancy.... "

I've always hoped for a bigger cock and guess what? I saw one in a pic today!!!!!

Positive mental health...

"I try to see the positive in everything. No matter how crap things seem, it could have been worse. Just got to see the good in it. It helps keep me cheerful. Me too. Sometimes it leads to disappointment when people let you down but hey ho that is part of life

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ...... "

I promise I ll buy you an icecream next time- honest!!!!

"help you improve your life?

Expect the best, prepare for the worse, can't go far wrong."

My mantra, too

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"i have a pic of me aged 4 by the front door. i see it every morning. it reminds me to be the person my parents wanted to be and to try not to be too much of a cunt.

it seems to work"

This made me laugh!! Good plan tho x

"I always log on here on a Thursday and read all the rants. It doesn't half cheer me up "
There was I thinking you caused them

"I'm a firm believer in you get back what you put out. I think that's just common sense really. But I've done a riding course which uses a great deal of aikido energy work and say positive energy up close and it really does work. It's quite scary sometimes."
I believe in Karma, too

it seems to work

This made me laugh!! Good plan tho x "

I chuckled as well

"I try to see the positive in everything. No matter how crap things seem, it could have been worse. Just got to see the good in it. It helps keep me cheerful. Me too. Sometimes it leads to disappointment when people let you down but hey ho that is part of life

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ...... I promise I ll buy you an icecream next time- honest!!!! "

thank u .............. coffee one !!!!! please

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ...... I promise I ll buy you an icecream next time- honest!!!!

thank u .............. coffee one !!!!! please "

Just got to remain hopeful and positive and these things will happen

Towcester

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ...... I promise I ll buy you an icecream next time- honest!!!!

thank u .............. coffee one !!!!! please "

Finger licking good x

"I am a very positive person ....... I see tiny positives in people where others don't see any at all - because of this, I and others, can be pleasantly surprised by complete turnarounds of character .......... this keeps me going "

Finger licking good x"

Are you throwing a KFC in? Shocking!!!;-)

with so many poor people that are having their benefits cut and are going to be homeless i think myself extremely lucky to have a roof over my head.

i havnt always been so lucky.

when my son was born my family wanted me out of the house except for my youngest brother, then i lived in a damp bedsit.

Towcester

they might let you down at that point in time but can amend the situation and surprise you later on ...... I promise I ll buy you an icecream next time- honest!!!! Anything can be finger licking good

Finger licking good xAre you throwing a KFC in? Shocking!!!;-)"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

ive been doing cbt for ten years and cant let things rest until i find a positive. now im not as emotional about my dad dying i can see that it could have happened in a much worse way

it seems to work

This made me laugh!! Good plan tho x "

mind you it doesn't say much about me that i have to remind myself not to be an arse

"ive been doing cbt for ten years and cant let things rest until i find a positive. now im not as emotional about my dad dying i can see that it could have happened in a much worse way"

I'm a Optomist and always try to look on the bright side. And take people on face value

I suffered from depression for years and i was a right cunt with it, so much in fact that i ruined my marrage and a relationship after. I sought professional help eventually and besides the medical help i tried cbt but that did me no help at all, then i tried mindfullness training andI've never looked back.

Im a completely different character now, i have off days the same as anyone else but I've Even changed so much that my ex wife has said to me if she hadn't remarried she would take me back because I'm back to the person she fell in love with.

I've learned though the mindfulness ttraining to stop thinking negatives and focus in the positives so positive thinking is a way of life for me now

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"I suffered from depression for years and i was a right cunt with it, so much in fact that i ruined my marrage and a relationship after. I sought professional help eventually and besides the medical help i tried cbt but that did me no help at all, then i tried mindfullness training andI've never looked back.

Im a completely different character now, i have off days the same as anyone else but I've Even changed so much that my ex wife has said to me if she hadn't remarried she would take me back because I'm back to the person she fell in love with.

I've learned though the mindfulness ttraining to stop thinking negatives and focus in the positives so positive thinking is a way of life for me now"

what an amazing story .. you should be very proud of yourself each and every day

I often find a Galaxy Caramel helps with Karma and positive thinking

"I suffered from depression for years and i was a right cunt with it, so much in fact that i ruined my marrage and a relationship after. I sought professional help eventually and besides the medical help i tried cbt but that did me no help at all, then i tried mindfullness training andI've never looked back.

I've learned though the mindfulness ttraining to stop thinking negatives and focus in the positives so positive thinking is a way of life for me now

what an amazing story .. you should be very proud of yourself each and every day "

thanks, i am proud that I've come this far, not proud of how far i let myself go before i sought help though

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

" thanks, i am proud that I've come this far, not proud of how far i let myself go before i sought help though "

we have all made mistakes and have regrets .. what makes us different is the way in which we deal with them upon realisastion of them .;. realisation will occur at different times for different people but it is the subsequent actions that should be judged

I am a positive person...

I'm positive my boss is a twat...!!!

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

if you feel lost and out of place ... go all zen ..... you are meant to be where you are. centre yourself and move on x

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

it seems to work

This made me laugh!! Good plan tho x

mind you it doesn't say much about me that i have to remind myself not to be an arse"

I should suggest the same thing to my ex. He needs reminding not to be a cunt on a daily basis

I do think that if you are a naturally positive (glass half full type of person) obviously things are always going to be easier for you.

it seems to work"

You sure about that

it seems to work

You sure about that "

fits and spurts....fits and spurts

I think I am a naturally glass half full person, after losing my lovely in a road traffic accident then succumbing to cancer I didn't crumble, I've raised my youngest single handedly and even though I'm going through cancer again I can still see humour in life. I truly believe that being a positive person has seen me through each crisis and carries me on to the next in good humour! ___

I have always said this: I cannot change the past, however I can influence the future, and I get as much out of the present as I can.

Glass is always half full, as there is no point crying over sour/spilt milk etc...

And what goes round, comes around.

If there is an issue, and I can do something to change the outcome, then I will do something about it.

I don't want to live my life full of regrets because I have not done something when I could have.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I read Desiderata every day and have done for 20 plus years - I'm a naturally glass half full person (unless it's Pinot then it's always in need of topping up).

By the way, what's cbt? - all that's coming into my head is cock and ball torture - think I've been on here too long!

"I read Desiderata every day and have done for 20 plus years - I'm a naturally glass half full person (unless it's Pinot then it's always in need of topping up).

By the way, what's cbt? - all that's coming into my head is cock and ball torture - think I've been on here too long! "

cbt = cognitive behavioural therapy I think.

Always have and always will be a positive thinker, it has got me through quite a few bad times.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I read Desiderata every day and have done for 20 plus years - I'm a naturally glass half full person (unless it's Pinot then it's always in need of topping up).

By the way, what's cbt? - all that's coming into my head is cock and ball torture - think I've been on here too long!

cbt = cognitive behavioural therapy I think."

Thanks Laine xxx

"help you improve your life? From Yoga to Pilates, from Meditation to Mindfulness... or whatever else tickles your fancy.... "
Being postive helps in everyday life , Coming on sites like this at times you can take things to heart ... and you have to stay true to you ..... as others can get you down at times saying things you don't wish to here .

My mother was a pessimist of the first degree. It led to her being happy but completely constrained by her 'half empty cup' attitude . Was just talking about her today , about how she could have widened her horizons so much but was scared to.

In consequence, I've always tried to think positively, to think the best of people, to try to not be constrained by the' what if it goes wrong' thinking although my close friends might argue that one lol but it's a work in progress.

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

I love this saying from Sis Teresa

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"

it says so much

Nothing helps. Were all doomed.

"help you improve your life? From Yoga to Pilates, from Meditation to Mindfulness... or whatever else tickles your fancy.... Being postive helps in everyday life , Coming on sites like this at times you can take things to heart ... and you have to stay true to you ..... as others can get you down at times saying things you don't wish to here ."

Positive thinking for me is about choosing the 'happy' option.

The happy option will usually lead to happiness.

Happiness will improve you're quality of life.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I'm a great believer in positive thinking. Had amini meltdown this morning about my hhealth nut stood in the shower listing all the positive things about my recent annual checkup and mmessaged a lovely helpful forumite and am back on track now!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Big believer in being positive, no good going in half cocked has it were. When I was much younger I got into a fight with a group of lads that ended with some broken bones on my part and a real knock of my self belief. My grand father came and gave me a talking too, along with advice.

It's not how many times you get knocked down in life it's how many times you get up.

Never do anything you would not like me to know, if you are too embarrassed for me to know should you be doing it.

It is ok to lose but it not ok to give up trying.

To truly taste success, first you need to taste failure.

» Add a new message to this topic