Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man 31 weeks ago

Solihull

You’ve ever had

Could be full time, part time or even as a kid when you were still at school

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple 31 weeks ago

North West

PT in Matalan when I was at 6th form. Poverty wages, supervisors on a power trip and (some) really rude customers.

By *inxy777Woman 31 weeks ago

essex

Saturday job in a shoe shop! Absolutely hated it, even managed to give a customer 2 left shoes!

By *acksparrow99Man 31 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

At a local newspaper. Designing ads for local businesses with delusions of grandure. Low pay or no pay at the proprietor's whim.

By *os19Man 31 weeks ago

Edmonton

Back in 1989 I worked in a spice factory tipping sacks of curry , chilli and various other spices into a machine I needed to take a long bath every night and my clothes and house smelt of curry.I only lasted 6 months.

By *929Man 31 weeks ago

newcastle

Worst job was about 18 work had dried up with my dad and applied for what was advertised as a factory labourer turned up it was cleaners job nowt at all against cleaners just this place was the most miserable boring fucking place on Earth could do all the tasks in about 3 hours were stuck there for 12 I don’t know why I didn’t just walk straight out the first day I just stupidly did my 3 days I was rota for and never went back

Worst job within my actual job was hand digging some footings with my dad we doing them to 3 foot in a day and building inspector came said he wanted them 6 foot deep as there was a manhole nearby that deep the fucking wanker, so we go next day and it had rained overnight and was now snowing, there was a foot of water in the trench and what preceded was the most miserable day of hand digging I’ve ever done drove home in our underwear as we both were soaked head to toe and covered in clarts by the end I was working in the trench digging a shovel full out passing the shovel and muck up to my dad so he could put in the skip never again

By *ookie46Woman 31 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Working in a well known banks call centre, lasted 10 weeks. Definitely not for me

By *viatrixWoman 31 weeks ago

Redhill

I worked in a care company for 5 months.

I have so much respect for people who work in the sector but it was definitely not for me. I was in charge of making the carers’ rosters.

By *ealMissShadyWoman 31 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

My first job after leaving school working in a hotel by the seaside. It was live in and my room was at the top of the hotel.

Started work at 6, finished at 2 off until 5 then work until 10 was a thankless never ending slog. The owners were horrible and the chef always shouted. I lasted a month before crying down the phone to my Mum, she came to pick me up that night and told the owners to stick it lol

By *layfullsam OP   Man 31 weeks ago

Solihull

"My first job after leaving school working in a hotel by the seaside. It was live in and my room was at the top of the hotel.

Started work at 6, finished at 2 off until 5 then work until 10 was a thankless never ending slog. The owners were horrible and the chef always shouted. I lasted a month before crying down the phone to my Mum, she came to pick me up that night and told the owners to stick it lol "

Well done you for leaving life is to short to be unhappy

By *luebell888Woman 31 weeks ago

Glasgowish

A nanny when I was 19. I looked after a 9,7,2 and a 1year old plus a huge dog who shit on the kitchen floor most mornings. I didn't last long.

By *onameyet2Man 31 weeks ago

chorley

I was minister of honesty for the Tory party for a while but I packed it in as there was fuck all to do

By *midnight-Woman 31 weeks ago

I mean i loved all of my jobs, but probably the worst was a barmaid when you could smoke in bars.. Remember those days! Some of you won't even know that you could smoke indoors

By *illy IdolMan 31 weeks ago

Midlands

"I mean i loved all of my jobs, but probably the worst was a barmaid when you could smoke in bars.. Remember those days! Some of you won't even know that you could smoke indoors "

Are you being serious? You could actually smoke indoors?

"I mean i loved all of my jobs, but probably the worst was a barmaid when you could smoke in bars.. Remember those days! Some of you won't even know that you could smoke indoors

Are you being serious? You could actually smoke indoors? "

On aeroplanes too!

By *itty9899Man 31 weeks ago

Craggy Island

12 HR shift in a warehouse.

By (user no longer on site) 31 weeks ago

Office assistant in a letting agent

I stayed 1 shift and didn't go back

Manager was a cow. Zero direction for what they wanted from me. Not even offered a coffee

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 31 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Not had a bad one to be honest. Been in this one well I've 30 years. I must like it.

By *elix SightedMan 31 weeks ago

Cloud 8

Cold calling to sell shitty powdered coffee machines. I had a meeting with my manager three months in and we both decided i should leave.

By *elix SightedMan 31 weeks ago

Cloud 8

"Office assistant in a letting agent

Manager was a cow. Zero direction for what they wanted from me. Not even offered a coffee"

They wanted coffee from you.

By *rispyDuckMan 31 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Working in retail in big Supermarket

Realised the customer is not always right! Sometimes the customer is a stupid ungrateful idiot haha

"Office assistant in a letting agent

Manager was a cow. Zero direction for what they wanted from me. Not even offered a coffee

They wanted coffee from you."

Helps if they had coffee or a kitchen. They didn't. They'd come back from appointments with coffee in hand

By *ltrMan 31 weeks ago

sheffield

Being a an apprentice caterpillar (jcb) fitter I was given the shitty job of power washing all dirt off before the qualified fitters

Worked on them ,used to go home piss wet though and covered in crap

By *uri00620Woman 31 weeks ago

Croydon

Factory work from 6pm to 6am. My job was to stand next to the big machine and catch the water leaking out of it in a dustpan.

I didn't do it long.

That or turtle conservation. That was OK I guess but living on rice and beans everyday (3 times a day) was miserable. And having to wrestle rats out of the rice bag before cooking when they'd shat in it wasn't too great either.

By *rill PhilMan 31 weeks ago

Crediton

I worked as a cleaner in an industrial bakery.

The work itself wasn't so bad but, the manager treated me like a piece of shit. He didn't seem to understand that cleaner's are close to the most important people in a food prep environment.

At one point he decided that I should provide my own cleaning equipment AND I shouldn't use gloves. (he became enraged to find me wearing latex gloves when cleaning the toilets!)

I was glad to get out of that hell hole.

By *r_GreyscaleMan 31 weeks ago

Baldock

Either car wash or in a chilled warehouse

Carer

I have so much respect for the people that can do it. It’s mentally and physically exhausting, long hours and my heart just couldn’t handle it.

Oh I remember as a teenager i worked for a cafe in the summer holidays - i left after a week, i don't think we suited each other

They were really awful business owners, treated their FT staff very badly - I got into trouble for slicing a tomato wrong... They were also annoyed when i asked how they ensured the egg mayonnaise stayed fresh - they used to mix new eggs /mayo into the old eggs /mayo daily.

I left after a week and it kicked off at the job centre - i think they must have had a high turnover of employees - the business owners rang me direct demanding to know what I'd said to the JC who i think had refused to send anymore people

By *rHotNottsMan 31 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think I’ve enjoyed or at least had fun at every single one of my jobs, and I’ve had many - since age 14. But the odd one turned bad.

One job in Cloncurry Australia,, my gf friend was sexually harassed by the owner while I was working 50 miles away in the outback , we had no money or car but had to get away so left in the night with nothing and hitched a dangerous rd out of there.

By *adbod2godbodMan 31 weeks ago

Manchester

Cleaning labels off tote boxes

By *adbod2godbodMan 31 weeks ago

Manchester

Oh and a data entry job. No conversation allowed, no radio. 15 minutes lunch break and two 5 min breaks one at 11 and the other at 3

By *atnip make me purrWoman 31 weeks ago

Reading

Factory job i lasted 2 days.

By *oupleus30Couple 31 weeks ago

Minster

I've had a lot of jobs over the years all had their unique differences

By *BWLOVER1965Man 31 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Factory job

Lasted one hour

Feck that not doing that !

By *hocolate37Man 31 weeks ago

Heathrow

As a young thing, I worked in a warehouse in the City of London that "processed" certain animals for their fur, back in the days when real fur was big with the ladies...7am till 7pm. It was like walking in through the gates of hell each day, and the smell of death is something I'll take with me to my grave...

By *ayRyuMan 31 weeks ago

Harrogate

When I was a teen I worked in an abattoir cleaning out carcasses. That really wasn't pleasant

By *zeroMan 31 weeks ago

A wretched hive of scum and villainy

Worked in a Clarks shoe shop.

Team leaders were constantly on power trips, hyper focused on selling extra stuff like shoe care and the manager happily encouraged a culture of bullying to try and people out that he didn't like.

I was also told to lie to parents that their kids shoes were a perfect fit. I never did though.

By *ex HolesMan 31 weeks ago

Up North

Fab mod

Naked cleaning ironically. They were hugely degrading towards me and disrespectful. Im a cleaner, i do a brilliant job but i dont deserve to be called all the names under the sun weather im clothed or not.

By *leasureseekers123Couple 31 weeks ago

Heathrow

Had a job for 1 day cleaning aeroplanes as a teenager. As soon as I got there my worst fears were confirmed. It was the outside that they wanted cleaned not the inside. And these were commercial planes not little 2 seaters.

My worst job.. Geriatric Nursing..I just couldn't handle people dieing..very responsible job too when administering meds..Some lovely experiences too though X .... But I'd never return & made a serious career change....

By *annaPlayABCCouple 31 weeks ago

Bacup

Did 3 1/2 days at a 'maggot factory' processing bait for angling shops..smell was tolerable after a while but about 2 hours in on my 3rd day was told to take 2 carcasses to 'fly room' and guy in there would show me what to do,so me being very naive picks up the dead animal bodies (police would bring all local unclaimed/unchipped roadkill) and then that was used to get bluebottles to lay eggs on which turned into maggots after couple of days,then you had to shovel everything..bones,flesh all sorts of innards etc. into a huge 'washing machine' type drum and after few spins maggots fell through holes into trays below which had to be manually pulled out and could guarantee you come out from under that drum with at least a dozen or so of them f*****s down your back ! Wasn't best job I've had believe me ! Wages were pretty good from what I remember LOL

By *esthetic21Man 31 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Traffic warden gotta be up there

By *reative-mindMan 31 weeks ago

Exeter

Windowless factory packing boxes or medicines into a slightly bigger box, was full time. Hated it.

By *urvyFan!Man 31 weeks ago

Bury

Shoe packing at jd warehouse

By *ornucopiaMan 31 weeks ago

Bexley

Retrieving lobsters from J**** M*********'s arsehole.

By *izandpaulCouple 31 weeks ago

merseyside

As an adult I've loved my career, its been brilliant in every way.

Great / caring employers.

Great pay.

Travel.

My heart goes out to folks who are not fulfilled in their jobs.

But, when I was about 14/15 got a summer job in a fairground taking the money from people in dodgems.

The boss and older lads told me when the siren went at the start of the session the floor would become electrified and I'd have seconds to get clear or I'd get electrocuted.

I wondered why they all pissed themselves laughing when I ran like hell on hearing the siren.

By *inkyropecoupleCouple 31 weeks ago

carluke

Week of work in a meat factory. 10 hours a day mind numbingly putting 4 frankfurter sausages into a tray. The blue gloves turned green by lunchtime so god knows what was in the sausages! And on Friday lunchtime all the leftovers, broken sausages and stuff that hit the floor, were sold to the staff in the canteen at a discount

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 31 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Working in a Tesco express (over covid and a little beyond), part time while I studied. Absolutely awful job, awful company, awful customers, it actually made me unwell working there.

By *r_GreyscaleMan 31 weeks ago

Baldock

I actually worked on a car wash called Mr Hand Job. Honest! Even had a fleece with that written across the back

By *lueDressWoman 31 weeks ago

Bath

It wasn't the worst job until the day I left. It was difficult because there weren't many of us.

It was working in a very busy bar when the new Romantics were the height of fashion.

I would get Home 3am.

I would stink of cigarettes and alcohol.

But I had a good time.

It's only when the owner asked Me into his office, and asked for sex when it became a nightmare. He was an ugly man and I wasn't interested. So I left.

"I actually worked on a car wash called Mr Hand Job. Honest! Even had a fleece with that written across the back "

Lol.... ha You had to wear a fleece with Mr Hand Job on it.... bet it got you attention whether you wanted said attention or not!!!!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 31 weeks ago

Leeds

Ice cream van in the middle of a field when I was 15, no toilet, no breaks it was so hot.

Mrs

By *ornucopiaMan 31 weeks ago

Bexley

"It wasn't the worst job until the day I left. It was difficult because there weren't many of us.

It was working in a very busy bar when the new Romantics were the height of fashion.

I would get Home 3am.

But I had a good time.

It's only when the owner asked Me into his office, and asked for sex when it became a nightmare. He was an ugly man and I wasn't interested. So I left."

Crafty way to sack someone!

In Australia I worked at a business cutting the side-walls off old Tyres so they could be exported to Indonesia, it was a dirty miserable job

By *lueDressWoman 31 weeks ago

Bath

"It wasn't the worst job until the day I left. It was difficult because there weren't many of us.

I would get Home 3am.

But I had a good time.

It's only when the owner asked Me into his office, and asked for sex when it became a nightmare. He was an ugly man and I wasn't interested. So I left.

Crafty way to sack someone!"

I left I was not sacked.

By *ohn 66Man 25 weeks ago

Birmingham

Best job I ever had was teaching. Supportive parents, great kids. I loved it.

Absolute worst job ever was teaching. Shit school, parents who couldn't give a toss.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 25 weeks ago

Central

I volunteered with an accountant, who had me learning and practicing accounts in pounds, shillings and pence as they were the books he'd used for studying from. Considering he didn't pay me a penny, he could at least have bought me a book. He was like a Victorian Scrooge

If anyone is behind with their accounts from the era before decimal money, I could help you. . But I won't . I think I'd have preferred to learn in a foreign currency that's current, than one that is defunct. Help with groats?

By *naswingdressWoman 25 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fast food call centre. Threats (up to and including bomb/ death threats - this is well outside the statute of limitations even if we did take it seriously), abuse, screaming, entitlement - no I am not driving 150 miles to magically make the oven in your local store un-explode rather than you driving an extra mile to your next store...

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Working for a small organisation, my boss was a b#tch, no support, ridiculous expectations .... left after 4 months.

By *ed MartinMan 25 weeks ago

Shefford

At 17 I did a week waitering in a gastro pub, got promised I’d get my second week’s rota and first week wages on the Sunday evening- neither ever materialised. Found out the owner was entertaining his family and friends to dinner there the following weekend so turned up to ask him about it in front of them. He tried to deny ever having met me so I gave him a piece of my mind then emptied a gravy boat over his crotch.

By *ot to giggleWoman 25 weeks ago

Coventry

i had a Saturday job at a small chemist - one day two guys came in high on something and starting pushing things of the shelves, i asked them to please stop whilst looking round for my male boss - he disappeared and locked himself in the toilet, they wanted drugs - i just let them take whatever they wanted - i was 16 ... when they left my boss appeared and suggested we call the police - i told him he was a fucking asshole and left, oh taking my wages out the till on the way out.

By *yronMan 25 weeks ago

grangemouth

Retail security officer. 14 hours on my feet, with two thirty minute breaks. I was expected to patrol the store pretty much constantly.

All bar one of the store managers were arseholes who'd get on at me if I was one minute over my break. Surprisingly, the store staff were more supportive and sympathetic

By *ools and the brainCouple 25 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well my current job as a carpenter has taken me to lots of places over the 40 year's I've been doing it some aspects are absolutely terrible, removing insulation from a roof void in a very large warehouse on a day when temperatures over 30.

Dripping sweat but coz of the itchy insulation full bunny suit and mask's etc...

Assisting a plumber replacing a faulty bilge pump ina cess pit full to the brim with sqaddie shit on army base , stinky to high heaven lifting it out his hand slipped and he dropped it back into the poo, sploshing shit and piss all over me in my face .

Working on a runway at Heathrow in the middle of the night freezing cold bitter winds knee deep in mud trying to do some shuttering with 20 groundworkers shouting at me to hurry up.

But actually all of that pales into nothing compared to the six months I tried to get out of the building trade and become a Milkman.

Yup worst pissing job I ever had ridiculous long hours.

7 day's a week

Used to start at 11pm and lucky to be home before 4 the following day, lone working, getting mugged,chased by dog's,stuff sto len and covered in spiders almost every day walking through garden's at night unable to see the webs.

Just the worst.

By *ony MannMan 25 weeks ago

Wallop

"Saturday job in a shoe shop! Absolutely hated it, even managed to give a customer 2 left shoes! "

That is sad, having two left feet.

couple, us we him her.

"Saturday job in a shoe shop! Absolutely hated it, even managed to give a customer 2 left shoes!

That is sad, having two left feet."

Sounds like me with my dancing abilities

By *amierebelMan 25 weeks ago

nae danger.

Door to door sales selling kitchens still remember have the spiel we had to spout

By *eedshandymanMan 25 weeks ago

leeds

Pig farming bloody stunk

Did a week as a double glazing salesman. What a greasy horror show that was.

By *irthandgirthMan 25 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Worked for 18 months on the railways. For the first 12 months I had 1 email a day to send. For the next 8 months I had to travel into London every shift. I had more managerial experience than all 3 of my managers combined. Absolute shit show.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 25 weeks ago

St Leonards

A few late teenage years of telesales and telecanvassing.

Dull companies, strange managers, general sense of despondency amongst the younger staff and misanthropy amongst the older staff.

However, absolutely brilliant for teaching me the skills required never to work in telesales or telecanvassing again .

By *issNaughtyWoman 25 weeks ago

Sheffield

Working on a fruit farm while travelling. 30 degree plus heat every day, flies trying to get in your eyes, ears and nose and to top it off Tiger snakes!

St Leonards

"i had a Saturday job at a small chemist - one day two guys came in high on something and starting pushing things of the shelves, i asked them to please stop whilst looking round for my male boss - he disappeared and locked himself in the toilet, they wanted drugs - i just let them take whatever they wanted - i was 16 ... when they left my boss appeared and suggested we call the police - i told him he was a fucking asshole and left, oh taking my wages out the till on the way out."

You did everything right apart from the last bit. 4 x your wage is the going rate for going through that shit .

By *J the bullMan 25 weeks ago

Washington

Customer service manager for comet.. most frustrating dangerous job ever.. genuinely trying to help those who had problems. But ruined by morons with issues they created ..

Highlights having a tumble dryer thrown at me through store window.. Wife didn't want it and had left it in garden for month but wanted full refund.

Nearly being decapitated by a dyson that turned out to be non functional due to the 22 pairs of socks aimed in the hose by a husband who didn't know how to use a cleaner and dint want to tell wife he broke it..

By *ackformore100Man 25 weeks ago

Tin town

"You’ve ever had

Could be full time, part time or even as a kid when you were still at school "

Retrieving lobsters from Jayne Mansfield’s areshole

By *sWyldWoman 25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I was an accommodation manager at a university. I used to cry in my car.

My last job came a close second. People were awful.

St Leonards

"You’ve ever had

Retrieving lobsters from Jayne Mansfield’s areshole "

Hmmmmm....really? Something smells fishy here...

couple, us we him her.

Cock knocker

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 25 weeks ago

District 13

I worked in millets at 16 1/2 shittest job ever and the gaffs followed me everywhere I left after 5hrs

By *ark73XXXMan 25 weeks ago

North Staffs/South Cheshire

"You’ve ever had

I did the same job for Churchill

By *ermite12ukMan 25 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Carrying (live) chickens to be transported to the abatoir. Lasted a week, I think.....took another week at least, to get rid of the pong.

By *KentMan 25 weeks ago

Canterbury

Worst was a call centre job, lasted the length of the induction before sacking it off.

By *adyBugsWoman 25 weeks ago

cognito

Fluffer

By *ackformore100Man 25 weeks ago

Tin town

"You’ve ever had

Retrieving lobsters from Jayne Mansfield’s areshole

I did the same job for Churchill "

I was offered that job

Lap dancer.

By *illy IdolMan 25 weeks ago

Midlands

Pot washer

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 25 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

I worked on the fish counter of a well known supermarket whilst I was a student. The job itself was great, but no amount of scrubbing gets the smell of kipper out of your hands ready for Saturday night out on the pull.

B

By *oeBeansMan 25 weeks ago

Derby

Before getting into my current career at 18, my family had a corner shop I would help out in and that was a bit crap as it was seen as an obligation to help stock shelves, clean up, get the stuff out the van when my Dad went cash and carry, dealing with shit people. And that was on top of going to school and doing homework so can't say that was the best.

By *eadymade31Man 25 weeks ago

benton

Only had 3 jobs since 15yr old kitchen fitter for first 5 years then gas bottle delivery driver which was probably the worst been a tree surgeon ever since

By *irthandgirthMan 25 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"Fluffer"

But your pillows are always so nice!

By *icecouple561Couple 25 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When I was at college I worked in a shoe shop. I absolutely hated it.

I scooped the potato out of the skins at the end of the production line to make wedges. Omg it was painful. My first job when I left school many moons ago

Mrs

By *illycarrolCouple 25 weeks ago

n/cle on tyne

Been lucky workwise ,Construction, Oil Rigs etc but never got the point of Arseholes in charge coming to work with the intention of making everyone's life a misery, why, one rig I worked on 1st week the gaffa was a thorough bred Ahole 2nd week gaffa was a gentleman same work done ffs no need miserable bastard should stay in their dark room and cry

By *ohn 66Man 24 weeks ago

Birmingham

"You’ve ever had

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

"12 HR shift in a warehouse. "

Done that too shift never seem to end only lasted 3 weeks. Next worse was two different supermarkets. Never again.

By *adyBugsWoman 24 weeks ago

cognito

"Fluffer

But your pillows are always so nice!"

It’s so nice you noticed

By *alcon77Man 24 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

Probably working for a debt company agency in their office. One of those ones where they consolidate the debt and add their interest on top and get poor souls in even more debt..

I've also found retail quite horrible too.

By *alcon77Man 24 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

Jobs I've liked have been playing in wedding bands..doing the sound at drum & bass gigs...and working in a video shop in my school holidays, the owner let me take films home to watch each evening.

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

Reading through the forums so full of shit never read so much bullshit so childish

» Add a new message to this topic