FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motorway

Motorway

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm afraid I'm got in to have a rant bout motorway driving.. Why the fuck do they stay in the middle lane fucking idiots there's no need too or even stay on the fast lane when there's no other traffic about and your doin 80mph and you havin to undertake the arseholes coz they can't be arsed moving the steering wheel to move 2 lanes.,, and when they do move over to overtake a lorry move the fuck back in!!! Omg fuckingtwatbollocksidiots....rant over.....for now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Slap your botty for doing 80mph!

Hope your not driving now lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Slap your botty for doing 80mph! "

Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph!

"Slap your botty for doing 80mph! "
. Promises promises!!!

Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!

"Hope your not driving now lol "
. Nope safe n sound at home

By *odelmasterMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Thellwall especially why? Five lanes n yet still people just go where THEY want!

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!"
. Oh yeah there's that one too....not indicating or even acknowledging you when you flash someone in

"Thellwall especially why? Five lanes n yet still people just go where THEY want!"

"Slap your botty for doing 80mph! . Promises promises!!!"
bend over then

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph! "
. Do u do the legal limit of 70mph???????

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

agree, this is what causes most delays

"Slap your botty for doing 80mph! . Promises promises!!!bend over then "

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph! "

It doesn't matter what speed you're doing in as much as you should still be on the inside lane UNLESS you're overtaking.

Undertaking at 80?

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

it amazess me that you can take a driving test without ever having been on a motorway, ifact its illegal to

evesham

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!"

I had to do a driver awareness course once and one if the driving instructors that ran it said that he didn't indicate when moving back in lane as it was part of the overtake manoeuvre and do should be expected.

Not saying he was right just saying what he said, before I'm asked to quote the highway code or something

evesham

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph! . Do u do the legal limit of 70mph??????? "

Yes

By *scariMan  over a year ago

Taunton

"I'm afraid I'm got in to have a rant bout motorway driving.. Why the fuck do they stay in the middle lane fucking idiots there's no need too or even stay on the fast lane when there's no other traffic about and your doin 80mph and you havin to undertake the arseholes coz they can't be arsed moving the steering wheel to move 2 lanes.,, and when they do move over to overtake a lorry move the fuck back in!!! Omg fuckingtwatbollocksidiots....rant over.....for now"

I have always said if i win the lottery and can afford the law suits, i would armour plate a dodge ram pickup and "help" them back to the correct lane. the highway code clearly states " keep left unless overtaking!!

middle lane drivers should be shot!!!

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph!

It doesn't matter what speed you're doing in as much as you should still be on the inside lane UNLESS you're overtaking. "

. Well said

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Undertaking is dangerous .

Rugby

People yo-yoing speed wise..coming from know where then popping past coming back in...then they brake...why??

Doesn't matter if they were doing the legal limit, irrespective of road classification.

There is a more basic rule of using a multi lane road in the UK and that is...

KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING.

If their is no traffic to your left AND you are unlikely to overtake the next vehicle ahead in less than 3/10th's of a mile you are REQUIRED to pull to the left.

If you don't, you can be nicked for Driving without Due Care and Attention.

And - for all those who get as pissed off with it as me - if you are in lane 1, and a vehicle is dawdling in lane 2, if YOU maintain YOUR lane (ie. do not undertake and pull to the right in front of the slower vehicle, into lane 2) that is a LEGAL manoeveure and is NOT classed as undertaking. It's in the Highway Code people......

Inside. Middle. Outside.

No such thing as fast lane.

Calm the fuck down and get there safely. Seriously.

"Undertaking is dangerous ."
noy when there's no other traffic but this one car in the fast lane and I'm in the lane your spose be in

I hate driving on motorways that much that these days is rather find an alternative more stress free route to my destination, even if it means extra time or distance. I'd rather arrive relaxed than wound up like a tight spring.

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph! . Do u do the legal limit of 70mph??????? "

Yep.

"Inside. Middle. Outside.

Calm the fuck down and get there safely. Seriously. "

There is Lane 1, and two overtaking lanes.. 'officially'.. (assuming it's a 3-lane carriageway, of course)

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Doesn't matter if they were doing the legal limit, irrespective of road classification.

If their is no traffic to your left AND you are unlikely to overtake the next vehicle ahead in less than 3/10th's of a mile you are REQUIRED to pull to the left.

And - for all those who get as pissed off with it as me - if you are in lane 1, and a vehicle is dawdling in lane 2, if YOU maintain YOUR lane (ie. do not undertake and pull to the right in front of the slower vehicle, into lane 2) that is a LEGAL manoeveure and is NOT classed as undertaking. It's in the Highway Code people...... "

The Highway Code discourages undertaking on motorways with some exceptions (rule 268): "Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake". Undertaking is permitted in congested conditions when frequent lane changing is not recommended

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!

I had to do a driver awareness course once and one if the driving instructors that ran it said that he didn't indicate when moving back in lane as it was part of the overtake manoeuvre and do should be expected.

Not saying he was right just saying what he said, before I'm asked to quote the highway code or something "

But how is the person who you are going to pull in front of, supposed to be aware of your intentions? Plenty of people have pulled in front of me, with maybe only 2 carlengths to spare. It's dangerous.

evesham

Calm the fuck down and get there safely. Seriously. "

I used to tear area around and get wound up etc but went in a speed awareness course last year and have changed completely now. I don't speed, I don't get wound up when people overtake me etc it's not worth it at the end of the day.

By *scariMan  over a year ago

Taunton

It may well be, but if there is a queue of cars in lanne 2 and 3 doing 50 and lane 1 is clear, why should i not do 70 in the correct lane.

Remember there is NO such thing as the "slow lane" there is lane 1 and 2 overtaking lanes! so many people call lane 1 the slow lane and lane 3 the fast lane, neither exist!!

driving laws state ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Undertaking is dangerous .noy when there's no other traffic but this one car in the fast lane and I'm in the lane your spose be in"

No other traffic on the road except you two?

"I hate driving on motorways that much that these days is rather find an alternative more stress free route to my destination, even if it means extra time or distance. I'd rather arrive relaxed than wound up like a tight spring."

I'm the same, give me a country road any day. I don't even mind being stuck behind a tractor. Unless they have been muckspreading.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Undertaking is dangerous .

It may well be, but if there is a queue of cars in lanne 2 and 3 doing 50 and lane 1 is clear, why should i not do 70 in the correct lane.

."

That is up to you if you want to undertake on a motorway, I didn't say you can't if thats what you want to do.

What motorway do you use for interest? I will watch out for you if we use the same one so I can keep my distance from you

Set your sat nag route finder to avoid motorways, save your sanity

"Undertaking is dangerous .noy when there's no other traffic but this one car in the fast lane and I'm in the lane your spose be in

No other traffic on the road except you two?"

nope...I'm in normal lane cruise control he's in distance in 3rd lane doin bout 70.....

"Doesn't matter if they were doing the legal limit, irrespective of road classification.

And - for all those who get as pissed off with it as me - if you are in lane 1, and a vehicle is dawdling in lane 2, if YOU maintain YOUR lane (ie. do not undertake and pull to the right in front of the slower vehicle, into lane 2) that is a LEGAL manoeveure and is NOT classed as undertaking. It's in the Highway Code people......

The Highway Code discourages undertaking on motorways with some exceptions (rule 268): "Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake". Undertaking is permitted in congested conditions when frequent lane changing is not recommended"

The key to that is the 'not moving to your left', or doing what IS illegal which would be to be: in lane 2, moving to lane 1 to undertake, then back to lane 2. Now that IS illegal.

The rule was changed sometime 12-15 years ago when it used to be a hard and fast 'no undertaking'.

Down where I am it would be nice if they reinforced the 'keep left unless overtaking' rule a bit more - the M25 is constantly brought to a standstill for no reason other than peoples complete ignorance and lack of regard for anyone else.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Taken from the govt website, it seems pretty plain to me...no undertaking unless in slow moving congested traffic.

"Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake."

Put more motorway police patrols back on. People become the best drivers in the world when those guys are nearby. Take the wombles (highways agency traffic officers, hehe) off the network.

Most of these middle lane hoggers also don't realise if you're towing a trailer you're not allowed in the outside lane and become quite rude when you signal they should move left rather than do 50 and block someone. Boils my piss on a long journey south sometimes when there's one every few miles.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Put more motorway police patrols back on. People become the best drivers in the world when those guys are nearby. Take the wombles (highways agency traffic officers, hehe) off the network."

I do find it hilarious when the traffic slows right down, some people won't even go past the traffic coppers who are normally only going around 60.

I like motorways because they are the safest place to be. Just sit on the inside lane and maintain a relatively moderate speed.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I'm afraid I'm got in to have a rant bout motorway driving.. Why the fuck do they stay in the middle lane fucking idiots there's no need too or even stay on the fast lane when there's no other traffic about and your doin 80mph and you havin to undertake the arseholes coz they can't be arsed moving the steering wheel to move 2 lanes.,, and when they do move over to overtake a lorry move the fuck back in!!! Omg fuckingtwatbollocksidiots....rant over.....for now"

Be careful. Undertaking will get you pulled up by the police if they see you doing it. Some will say undertaking is illegal - others will say that it's driving without due care and attention.

"Put more motorway police patrols back on. People become the best drivers in the world when those guys are nearby. Take the wombles (highways agency traffic officers, hehe) off the network.

I do find it hilarious when the traffic slows right down, some people won't even go past the traffic coppers who are normally only going around 60.

"

If they Are under the speed limit I am going past and as I see them disappear In my mirror my foot gets heavy lol

I totally agree with you, they're fucking morons with a four wheeled death wish.

They don't even move back over when a 44 ton truck is heading towards the ass end of their vehicle. They need to remember that we need plenty of room to stop, so just wanna remind people that do overtake us to be mindful and not pull back in too early forcing us to brake to ensure a safe dropping distance.

Ok, rant over, back to my trucking.

So glad I work nights, all the asshole drivers are in bed asleep!

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!. Oh yeah there's that one too....not indicating or even acknowledging you when you flash someone in"

Well if u want to pick at the rules, then that is total improper use of flashing.

Flashing is just the equivelent of beeping ur horn, to make someone aware ur there.

They need to acknowledge that?

And yet most countries allow overtaking in all lanes

"it amazess me that you can take a driving test without ever having been on a motorway, ifact its illegal to"

I never had a motorway lesson during my lessons, after I passed my test ( I was 36 yrs old), I asked my daughter's driving instructor about taking the Pass Plus and he said no I couldn't but didn't say why

"I'm afraid I'm got in to have a rant bout motorway driving.. Why the fuck do they stay in the middle lane fucking idiots there's no need too or even stay on the fast lane when there's no other traffic about and your doin 80mph and you havin to undertake the arseholes coz they can't be arsed moving the steering wheel to move 2 lanes.,, and when they do move over to overtake a lorry move the fuck back in!!! Omg fuckingtwatbollocksidiots....rant over.....for now

Be careful. Undertaking will get you pulled up by the police if they see you doing it. Some will say undertaking is illegal - others will say that it's driving without due care and attention. "

I thought it was illegal to undertake too

I used to tear area around and get wound up etc but went in a speed awareness course last year and have changed completely now. I don't speed, I don't get wound up when people overtake me etc it's not worth it at the end of the day. "

I don't get wound up by people overtaking me, indeed I change lanes to let them pass as they are often in faster cars than me, to be honest, its no big deal is it

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!. Oh yeah there's that one too....not indicating or even acknowledging you when you flash someone in"

I just had to check it was the OP who wrote about flashing.. It was

I don't think u can get at others about failing to use the lane rules correctly when you clearly don't use the flashing light rule correctly

If you feel the need to have to do 80mph when limit is 70mph set off earlier abd stick to limit its idiotic driving like this that can cayse accidents.

If limit was raised to 80mph there will still be folk thinking its ok to do 90 and moan about folk who are driving legally and sensibly.

Speed limits are set for a reason and should be enforced at all times

By *ander_XMan  over a year ago

Greater Manchester

[Removed by poster at 13/03/13 06:49:23]

If you do your advanced drivers you will find its not a legal requirement but I agree that people tend not to signal before they manoeuvre

Why are you doing 80 why are you undertaking both manoeuvres are illegal and dangerous

Remember there is NO such thing as the "slow lane" there is lane 1 and 2 overtaking lanes! so many people call lane 1 the slow lane and lane 3 the fast lane, neither exist!!

driving laws state ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them."

is it worth getting picky on the exact names of a lane.. i think people refer to them as fast and slow cos if there is alot of traffic then lane 1 is the slowest and lane 3 the fastest, when following the rules of overtaking right?

they are also reffered to as the inside and the outside lane.. is that a problem?

doesnt matter what you call them as long as you know they are for overtaking only

By *ander_XMan  over a year ago

Greater Manchester

I used to tear area around and get wound up etc but went in a speed awareness course last year and have changed completely now. I don't speed, I don't get wound up when people overtake me etc it's not worth it at the end of the day. "

Same here.

Although I do agree with the OP. Especially when you get someone pootling along in the middle lane on an empty road who forces you to cross all the lanes and back again to pass them. That does still mildly annoy me

I used to tear area around and get wound up etc but went in a speed awareness course last year and have changed completely now. I don't speed, I don't get wound up when people overtake me etc it's not worth it at the end of the day.

Same here.

Although I do agree with the OP. Especially when you get someone pootling along in the middle lane on an empty road who forces you to cross all the lanes and back again to pass them. That does still mildly annoy me

"

yep causing u to have to take dangerous manovoers as overtaking has risks..

I have an hgv class 1 licence I have a coach licence I have a car licence I also have points for speeding. I have learned that leaving that little bit early saves time in the long run don't speed cos I have seen so many accidents caused by careless speeding and dangerous driving. Mainly caused by I need to get there yesterday. You will get there in one peice by driving safely and slow down

The Highway Code states: 'Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.'

The Highway Code is basically suggesting that a driver may flash their headlights to warn other drivers of their presence if in a hazardous position, or to warn another person that may not have noticed you.

i just copied and pasted that - why should anyone acknowledge you when changing lanes if your using the headlights correctly and just warning them you are there?

" The Highway Code states: 'Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.'

The Highway Code is basically suggesting that a driver may flash their headlights to warn other drivers of their presence if in a hazardous position, or to warn another person that may not have noticed you.

i just copied and pasted that - why should anyone acknowledge you when changing lanes if your using the headlights correctly and just warning them you are there?"

"I have an hgv class 1 licence I have a coach licence I have a car licence I also have points for speeding. I have learned that leaving that little bit early saves time in the long run don't speed cos I have seen so many accidents caused by careless speeding and dangerous driving. Mainly caused by I need to get there yesterday. You will get there in one peice by driving safely and slow down "

i also have my PCV license.. do you not find it makes you more aware of dangers and better at reading the road..

makes me realise that maybe a standard car test isnt enough

" The Highway Code states: 'Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.'

i just copied and pasted that - why should anyone acknowledge you when changing lanes if your using the headlights correctly and just warning them you are there?"

Lorry drivers flash to say they are clear but it's also as the Highway Code says to say they are there. To be honest taking your test in an Hgv if you flash someone in after they overtake you is a fail

evesham

Same here.

"

No one forces you to do anything. You can assess the situation and decide to take action. If you think it's dangerous then don't do it.

"I have an hgv class 1 licence I have a coach licence I have a car licence I also have points for speeding. I have learned that leaving that little bit early saves time in the long run don't speed cos I have seen so many accidents caused by careless speeding and dangerous driving. Mainly caused by I need to get there yesterday. You will get there in one peice by driving safely and slow down

i also have my PCV license.. do you not find it makes you more aware of dangers and better at reading the road..

makes me realise that maybe a standard car test isnt enough"

I would agree with that totally

By *c69funCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Trucks are limited to 54mph, they would comfortably do 70+ mph, wonder why they don't limit cars to say 75mph in the UK,. Would solve the problem of speeding overnight lol.

Same here.

No one forces you to do anything. You can assess the situation and decide to take action. If you think it's dangerous then don't do it. "

Apart from the law of course

"Trucks are limited to 54mph, they would comfortably do 70+ mph, wonder why they don't limit cars to say 75mph in the UK,. Would solve the problem of speeding overnight lol. "

Try driving a Tesco truck 47 miles an hour is what they are limited too

OMG who let women drive??????

"OMG who let women drive?????? "

oi ya cheeky fucker!! *slaps*

some of us women drivers are ace

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I also have my PVC license.."

Oooh kinky, when ya putting in for ya latex one

"OMG who let women drive??????

oi ya cheeky fucker!! *slaps*

some of us women drivers are ace "

No way that's just a vicious rumour circulated by women

By *c69funCouple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Trucks are limited to 54mph, they would comfortably do 70+ mph, wonder why they don't limit cars to say 75mph in the UK,. Would solve the problem of speeding overnight lol.

Try driving a Tesco truck 47 miles an hour is what they are limited too "

No thanks, ours our been reduced to 52 which is bad enough, 47 is ridiculous.

"I totally agree with you, they're fucking morons with a four wheeled death wish.

They don't even move back over when a 44 ton truck is heading towards the ass end of their vehicle. They need to remember that we need plenty of room to stop, so just wanna remind people that do overtake us to be mindful and not pull back in too early forcing us to brake to ensure a safe dropping distance.

Ok, rant over, back to my trucking. But you still get them on nights though I bet......

So glad I work nights, all the asshole drivers are in bed asleep!

"

"OMG who let women drive?????? "
. Watch what your sayin cheeky bugger or ull get a. Slap

"Trucks are limited to 54mph, they would comfortably do 70+ mph, wonder why they don't limit cars to say 75mph in the UK,. Would solve the problem of speeding overnight lol.

Try driving a Tesco truck 47 miles an hour is what they are limited too "

. My husband drove an Asda truck at nite and the horror stories he would tell me of the arsehole even at nite

"I hate driving on motorways that much that these days is rather find an alternative more stress free route to my destination, even if it means extra time or distance. I'd rather arrive relaxed than wound up like a tight spring.

I'm the same, give me a country road any day. I don't even mind being stuck behind a tractor. Unless they have been muckspreading. "

Here here I agree much rather take a bit longer and avoid motorways if I can, oh and by the way can I watch the spanking

By *rlicker123Man  over a year ago

gillingham kent

still dont give them the right to hogg the lane.

One of the things that winds me up are drivers going from the inside to outside lane repeatedly. I tend to just stay in the middle or outside lane and if I am in the outside lane, pull in if someone wants to overtake

evesham

"Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe they were doing the legal limit of 70mph! still dont give them the right to hogg the lane."

Also doesn't give anyone the right to drive over the speed limit.

Apparently sitting in the middle lane is an endorsable offence

Same here.

No one forces you to do anything. You can assess the situation and decide to take action. If you think it's dangerous then don't do it. "

Well that's obvious.

Let me try putting it another way as maybe I wasn't clear

People who hog the middle lane are forcing others to do something more risky unecessarily..

By *outhernchappieMan  over a year ago

brighton

I think it's more down to female drivers, unsafe, speeding, undertaking- our roads are much safer with just men driving around

it's a joke honest! Xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Apparently sitting in the middle lane is an endorsable offence "

it is if you are not keeping up with the speed of general traffic around you... easy to prove if you are doing 50 on a clear motorway... no so easy if you are doing 70 which obviously is the legal speed limit...

but as others have said you should put into lane 1 unless you are overtaking anyway...

I was trotting along the a1 most of the way yesterday at 75..... I know the general guidance for police on motorways is not to go after anyone unless they are doing more than 15 over...

isn't the general rule 10% + 2... so 80 is about that anyway...

"Taken from the govt website, it seems pretty plain to me...no undertaking unless in slow moving congested traffic.

"Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.""

Yep, that's correct - and the key to how it's interpreted is the very last line. If you are in lane 1, and there is slower traffic in the lane to your right, the onus is on THEM to observe the 'keep left unless overtaking' rule and move to Lane 1 and let you overtake normally. If they don't, and so long as you don't cut in front after passing them, you are allowed to pass them whilst staying in Lane 1. Had this happen so many times, especially on the M25, and explained it time and again to my passengers, and people are just plain ignorant. Go on to explain that the same rule does NOT apply on 'A' roads, and they just don't get it at all!!! I give up!!!

"Apparently sitting in the middle lane is an endorsable offence

it is if you are not keeping up with the speed of general traffic around you... easy to prove if you are doing 50 on a clear motorway... no so easy if you are doing 70 which obviously is the legal speed limit...

but as others have said you should put into lane 1 unless you are overtaking anyway...

I was trotting along the a1 most of the way yesterday at 75..... I know the general guidance for police on motorways is not to go after anyone unless they are doing more than 15 over...

isn't the general rule 10% + 2... so 80 is about that anyway..."

Not in Lothian and Borders! MINUS 5% and they'll be on yer back!! The religious zealots of the Police world are L and B...

By *illdeeCouple  over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

"Apparently sitting in the middle lane is an endorsable offence

isn't the general rule 10% + 2... so 80 is about that anyway...

Not in Lothian and Borders! MINUS 5% and they'll be on yer back!! The religious zealots of the Police world are L and B... "

Not just them, I think Central musta got at least a dozen drivers in one scoop last June. Clocked me at 81 on the M9 at Stenhousemuir when I was in a long queue of traffic all doing same speed. Fined 60 and 3 points. They would ave coined in about a couple of grand that morning I reckon.

Also, always taught never indicate left unless turning left or stopping.

Rugby

Not sure id trust a trainer who didnt msm...out msm back...

"

I had to do a driver awareness course o driving instructors that ran it said that he didn't indicate when moving back in lane as it was part of the overtake manoeuvre and do should be expected.

Not saying he was right just saying what he said, before I'm asked to quote the highway code or something "

The roads we use the most are the M2/A2,M20 and M25. Going past anyone in any lane is a novelty let alone undertaking or overtaking at speed. Its just generally three solid lines of traffic

By *win PeaksCouple  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

I'm an LGV driver too and what bugs me is that the Police will nick someone breaking the speed limit on an empty motorway but do nothing when someone is 2 yards off the arse end of the car in front doing 70.

Dave

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Apparently sitting in the middle lane is an endorsable offence "

You might get run over

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Taken from the govt website, it seems pretty plain to me...no undertaking unless in slow moving congested traffic.

"Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake."

Yep, that's correct - and the key to how it's interpreted is the very last line. If you are in lane 1, and there is slower traffic in the lane to your right, the onus is on THEM to observe the 'keep left unless overtaking' rule and move to Lane 1 and let you overtake normally. If they don't, and so long as you don't cut in front after passing them, you are allowed to pass them whilst staying in Lane 1. Had this happen so many times, especially on the M25, and explained it time and again to my passengers, and people are just plain ignorant. Go on to explain that the same rule does NOT apply on 'A' roads, and they just don't get it at all!!! I give up!!!"

To be honest I don't get that either.

Unless you are in conjested traffic then you can't undertake.

If some arse is in the middle lane doing 50 and I was in the inside lane about to catch him up then I would move round him rather than undertake him.

The highway code clearly says when you can undertake and the above isn't one of them.

I think undertaking is dangerous so won't do it.

Motorway driving is boring so I often get my cock and have a play while driving

Motorway driving is boring so I often get my cock and have a play while driving

"Motorway driving is boring so I often get my cock and have a play while driving "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Motorway driving is boring so I often get my cock and have a play while driving . "

I hope you are not agreeing that you get your cock out too

What does my nut in is when you're in the fast lane and behind a line of cars, you always get one prick that speeds up behind you flashing his lights like you're supposed to move so he can get one car ahead.

I think the fact you openly admit you were speeding negates your argument.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

All theas people who try n be god like & try & say they NEVER break the speed limit... bollox you all lie

"All theas people who try n be god like & try & say they NEVER break the speed limit... bollox you all lie"

Right back at you ....Ive never broken a speed limit ...ever :P

evesham

"All theas people who try n be god like & try & say they NEVER break the speed limit... bollox you all lie"

I used to but I've learnt the error of my ways and stick to all speed limits now, even the 20mph ones

It's good to have such law abiding citizens here. Good job adultery is not against the law or you'd all be fucked, or not as the case May be.

No speeding on the coast bound M20, Operation stack yet again, two lanes 14 miles long at a standstill. Not a tea trolley in sight.

WOW who's upset you lol

evesham

"It's good to have such law abiding citizens here. Good job adultery is not against the law or you'd all be fucked, or not as the case May be."

I'm good all Round then as I dont commit adultery either

"It's good to have such law abiding citizens here. Good job adultery is not against the law or you'd all be fucked, or not as the case May be."

Can you explain how that would be the case??

So Someone driving in the middle lane while in receipt of a blow job would piss you also

I hold my hands up there just got another 3 points

By *etanreadyCouple  over a year ago

dover

Please dont give these middle lane hoggers such a bed time, as they have paid there monthly membership to the central lane owners club lol

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Please dont give these middle lane hoggers such a bed time, as they have paid there monthly membership to the central lane owners club lol"

They have also paid road tax, just like everyone else including those aggressive outside lane drivers who get up your arse at around 90mph and flash you till you move over. It's called bullying and is highly dangerous. No one person has the RIGHT to any lane regardless.

Lol. And you would know this how?

[Removed by poster at 13/03/13 17:43:40]

Stick to the limits in towns etc, by if the conditions allow, I've been known to put my toe down on the mway.

There no such thing as undertaking, there's near side overtaking, which isn't illegal; however, if it causes an accident you will be held responsible.

Sitting asleep in lanes 2 or 3 is bloody annoying frequently dream of nudging them over to lane 1.

Speeding in road words pisses my off, as someone who's spent many a night in lane closures working to keep roads open and safe for the twats speeding by or swearing at us for having a lane closed.

They don't put road works out for fun, setting those cones out is one of the most dangerous jobs out there, give the folk working to keep the road network safe some respect.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

They don't put road works out for fun, setting those cones out is one of the most dangerous jobs out there, give the folk working to keep the road network safe some respect."

I would do, but the buggers are never there

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"

They don't put road works out for fun, setting those cones out is one of the most dangerous jobs out there, give the folk working to keep the road network safe some respect.

I would do, but the buggers are never there "

And yet most countries allow overtaking in all lanes"

Yep, got to love Germany for the autobahn!

"

Can you explain how that would be the case??"

I shall attempt it! I was pointing out that a fair amount of posts where condoning speeding, showing that they are law abiding people. I was merely trying to make the joke that if adultery was a law here those same people wouldn't be able to participate in sexual acts with many of the people here due to them being married couples or people married but cheating. I added they'd be fucked or not as the case may be because it would be against their law abiding ways.

I thought it was amusing anyway.

Most of the bad driving on motorways is down to sheer ignorance and a total lack of common sense. Many people are frightened of motorways and avoid them like the plague. And when did you last see a police car, a jam sandwich, anywhere on any road let alone a motorway? I started driving before we had motorways!!

I spend a lot of time driving on the motorway, I see all manner of bad driving but I'm perfect and it's all ways woman driving badly

P.S good job I'm hiding

Just a comment on an accident I witnessed... Boy racer comes down slip road to join motorway , cuts over the chevrons and flys out across lane one into lane two, just as another asshole undertakes from lane two into lane one... End result.... A bad end to many people's day in the resulting 5 vehicle accident!!! Follow the rules people and we'll all get there in one piece.

"

Can you explain how that would be the case??

I shall attempt it! I was pointing out that a fair amount of posts where condoning speeding, showing that they are law abiding people. I was merely trying to make the joke that if adultery was a law here those same people wouldn't be able to participate in sexual acts with many of the people here due to them being married couples or people married but cheating. I added they'd be fucked or not as the case may be because it would be against their law abiding ways.

I thought it was amusing anyway."

Yessss.....I did get that but ty for the re run....I was referring to your statement about adultery, I neither speed nor am i married or meet married people so....

Forget all this speeding and undertaking nonsense. Why is there always somebody in front of me when I'm driving? Pain in the arse really is. All I want to do is get where I'm going and send some texts, check messages on here, take the gherkin out of my big mac and lots of other shit that needs doing whilst performing the mundane task of driving. But oh no, I have to concentrate on the idiot in front! Makes my blood boil, I pay good money to tax my car and I have to share it with all these numpties in front of me. Jeeez my life would be so much easier if you all just got out of my way!

OH SHIT! any one got the number of a tow truck, bloody idiot in front just stopped to quick. Lol

I'm an open throttle kinda guy x

"

Yessss.....I did get that but ty for the re run....I was referring to your statement about adultery, I neither speed nor am i married or meet married people so.... "

I see you have bested me with logic, I take my hat off to you good lady.

Just seen the story about Cheryl Baker from Buck's Fizz being on the M23 for 15 hours..

You'd think that Cheryl Baker of all people would know how to drive in snow.

You've gotta speed it up..and then you gotta slow it down....

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

2 4 6 8

sorry, someone had to do it eventually

"2 4 6 8

sorry, someone had to do it eventually "

ain't never too late

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Being undertaken should be the offence. I bet they'd soon move in then.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

5 years ago I was driving up to Guy`s Hospital London on the M3. It was a cold but dry and sunny Sunday morning. North of the M25 the motorway was deserted () so I wasn`t "hanging around" but then I came across a Mini in the middle lane doing about 60 mph. Just in case the driver was asleep I employed the old continental overtaking method - indicate, sound horn and put on headlights as you pass, but even doing this and an exaggerated move from lane 1 to lane three and back to one when I had passed, the Mini was STILL in lane 2 having overtaken nothing and with nothing in the distance apart from me to overtake!

So after my little jaunt on motorway the other day I decided that today's journey I shall stay at the legal limit of 70 mph,,,, in each lane that I needed to use,,,,,, there are still some fucking stupid idiots that come tear arson up the fast lane flashin lights at you even when it's busy.....

So being a good girl driving or being a naughty girl driving ,,,,but here's still fuckin dickheads out there

Getting in the way of men again?

You want to try driving here in Spain , for total recklessness and damn right stupidity topped with self centerdness and ignorence the Spainish motorist takes some beating

"Getting in the way of men again?"
. Watch what your sayin mister your gettin very sexist when it comes to women drivers

"Why can't people signal when they are moving BACK to the inside lanes? They can do it when the want to move to the outside , so why not the other way round? It IS a legal requirement and it's just as bloody dangerous as moving OUT without indicating. JESUS!!!

That's what they teach on advanced driving courses for emergency services.

Oh...picky but there isn't a fast lane.. we call it lane 3... Not overtaking ? Move to the left.....easy

"Getting in the way of men again?. Watch what your sayin mister your gettin very sexist when it comes to women drivers"

I'm not you're shit fact !

One thing that gets me is the lorry drivers who wait until you are level with the back of there trailer then they start indicating and the fast lane happens to be full.

Let me get this right, your undertaking at 80mph on the motorway with a 70mph speed limit but there the 'fucking idiots arsholes etc' is that what your saying?

"I'm afraid I'm got in to have a rant bout motorway driving.. Why the fuck do they stay in the middle lane fucking idiots there's no need too or even stay on the fast lane when there's no other traffic about and your doin 80mph and you havin to undertake the arseholes coz they can't be arsed moving the steering wheel to move 2 lanes.,, and when they do move over to overtake a lorry move the fuck back in!!! Omg fuckingtwatbollocksidiots....rant over.....for now

Let me get this right, your undertaking at 80mph on the motorway with a 70mph speed limit but there the 'fucking idiots arsholes etc' is that what your saying?"

Lol

Not saying he was right just saying what he said, before I'm asked to quote the highway code or something

That's what they teach on advanced driving courses for emergency services.

Oh...picky but there isn't a fast lane.. we call it lane 3... Not overtaking ? Move to the left.....easy "

They shouldn't be teaching it then! It's just lazy, and with the sheer weight of traffic on the roads nowadays, a prior warning of someones manouever is comes in handy. If I have pulled out to overtake someone, got round them and got back in, it's a classic overtaking manouver - fair enough. That scenario does not always apply. It's a signal, it cannot do any harm. Or is it only not done by the people who are scared that their indicator will stay stuck on AGAIN for the next 3 miles, confusing everyone else?

"Please dont give these middle lane hoggers such a bed time, as they have paid there monthly membership to the central lane owners club lol

They have also paid road tax, just like everyone else including those aggressive outside lane drivers who get up your arse at around 90mph and flash you till you move over. It's called bullying and is highly dangerous. No one person has the RIGHT to any lane regardless."

But,...but...they are in BMW's and Audis...the rules don't apply to them. The outside lane was built just for them...wasn't it?

» Add a new message to this topic