FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bank card problem

Bank card problem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ruit OP   Woman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I have money in my account as had already checked my available funds.

I pop to tesco to buy my needed vanilla vodka and and other bits. Paid by card ok.

Pop to other til few mins later still with plenty if cash in my account and my card is refused.

I dash out to hole in wall to get cash and it tells me insufficent funds.

Got home and checked balance again and all fine with nothing due to come out of my account big.

Stressed as bank closed to speak to.

My card did decline a sale even though the bank confirmed plenty of money in the account.....

Any ideas? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

double authorisation and that has tied up available funds...

do you do telephone banking ?, they will know

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

or an uncleared cheque/deposit

it shows a balance but it is not cleared to spend

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Something like this happened a few months back didn't it and the some of the banks had made an unholy mess. I would get into the bank as soon as you can tomorrow and ask them what on earth is going on.

near kings lynn

I phoned the number on my computer screen as do online banking most and it says they are closed.

Dont use phone banking as all done online x

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

Available funds might be tied up by a previous authorisation that hasn't actually gone through. These can be a right pain.

In some cases, the bank can put a temporary stop on your card if there is suspicion of fraud. You'll need to call up, answer very specific security questions to satisfy them and the stop will be removed.

near kings lynn

I checked the available balance and was over £100 so funds available x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok, it usually says amount in your account and amount available to spend.

It takes sometimes 4 days for items to actually come out of the account but they "hold" the money in your account once the transaction has gone through and once the place you have spent the money request it then the amount available will change.

Have you spent money else where in the last few days. Also it doesnt show up on your bank statement until the company have requested it, so it can go a few days without showing anything

Also it doesnt have to be one big item, your purchases at the first checkout will have come of the balance, i dont know what they where but say £30 that will automatically bring it down to £70

Toronto

"I checked the available balance and was over £100 so funds available x"

Yes, but as has been stated by some people, not all transactions are instant. Your available balance is a snapshot of the money in your account pending cleared transactions at the time. If you purchase something and the merchant process takes 2 days for instance, in your mind, you've paid. However, the transaction between the merchant and your bank is still in process.

As such, your bank can "ringfence" the required funds needed to complete your purchase, but that won't show up on your statement or available balance until the time comes for the clearing process.

Having worked in a bank before, i'm all too used to this.

near kings lynn

No. My wage went in Friday and spent very little that eve. Been working since then so not spent anything til then.............erm.....now thinking....

Lol. Bugger. Think I have possibly just worked it out...I think it may be _ruity error....but will pop to the bank tomorrow lunch to check.

I may have had a idiot monent and possibly have forgot a transaction which may have made a difference.

Will check tomorrow.....I have been at work since 9am yesterday lol.

Toronto

Hope you get it all sorted. I know the feeling....when you start going through every transaction and doing mental arithmetic, haha

good luck

"No. My wage went in Friday and spent very little that eve. Been working since then so not spent anything til then.............erm.....now thinking....

Lol. Bugger. Think I have possibly just worked it out...I think it may be _ruity error....but will pop to the bank tomorrow lunch to check.

I may have had a idiot monent and possibly have forgot a transaction which may have made a difference.

Will check tomorrow.....I have been at work since 9am yesterday lol. "

I do it all the while, thats why i now keep my reciepts and soon as i get home put them next to my cumpeter until its actually shown up on my statement, cause im a right empty head

"double authorisation and that has tied up available funds...

do you do telephone banking ?, they will know"

This, plus the fact that two transactions in such a short space of time in the same store may have flagged up as suspicious activity so rather than let someone else use your card they may have put a temporary stop on it. Pain in the arse, but if this is the case the cashier may have had a message to ring the bank and confirm your identity but just couldn't be bothered - have known that before now! Give them a call as soon as you can and they should be able to sort it for you

near kings lynn

Am deffinately not shopping when having a blonde _ruity moment lol.

Mind you to make things nicer my hair colour this weekend was compared to the colour if the fur on the bunny rabbit that was sat in my knee....did make me smile lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Are you an rbs or natwest customer? They have had problems recently releasing funds

"Am deffinately not shopping when having a blonde _ruity moment lol.

Mind you to make things nicer my hair colour this weekend was compared to the colour if the fur on the bunny rabbit that was sat in my knee....did make me smile lol"

Phone the emergency number on your bank card. They helped me in the past with a similar prob x

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I hate it when hotels ringfence money. On a recent visit they ringfenced the charge, then forgot and recharged me on checkout. So in effect I had paid twice and had to wait for the ringfence to expire, which took a week! Its my blimmin money. Why did I have to wait for it just before Xmas? Grrr!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

Mind you to make things nicer my hair colour this weekend was compared to the colour if the fur on the bunny rabbit that was sat in my knee...."

Not trimmed down there for a while?

near kings lynn

Haha x

By *axwellTattMan  over a year ago

knutsford

To the Op,

Tell me you’re not in the Co Op bank by any chance are you? I had have 5 cards off them since January as the pin numbers would not work with the cards they kept sending me out it only took them 5 times to get it to work, but I had a slight accident with the last pin number I was going to change it at the hole in the wall and I took it out to do it and it blew out of my hand

Do you want a Sub

knutsford

"Do you want a Sub "

why are you selling one?

knutsford

"Do you want a Sub

why are you selling one? "

or giving one away?

Maybe a direct debit is due out tomorrow, and exceeds your limit? just a thought

near kings lynn

"To the Op,

Tell me you’re not in the Co Op bank by any chance are you? I had have 5 cards off them since January as the pin numbers would not work with the cards they kept sending me out it only took them 5 times to get it to work, but I had a slight accident with the last pin number I was going to change it at the hole in the wall and I took it out to do it and it blew out of my hand

"

No am not.

I think its my error.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

is it barclays as we have had probs over the last few weeks with them

near kings lynn

No its a lical building society x

near kings lynn

I remembered a bit ago I had bought 2 outfits to wear to a club meet so that is possibly my slip up or just my card being silly again.

Likely its me being an idiot. I am very good at it lol

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I remembered a bit ago I had bought 2 outfits to wear to a club meet so that is possibly my slip up or just my card being silly again.

Likely its me being an idiot. I am very good at it lol"

Oopsy!

near kings lynn

Its all gone wrong today lol.

I am an idiot lol

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"I have money in my account as had already checked my available funds.

I pop to tesco to buy my needed vanilla vodka and and other bits. Paid by card ok.

Pop to other til few mins later still with plenty if cash in my account and my card is refused.

I dash out to hole in wall to get cash and it tells me insufficent funds.

Got home and checked balance again and all fine with nothing due to come out of my account big.

Stressed as bank closed to speak to.

My card did decline a sale even though the bank confirmed plenty of money in the account.....

Any ideas? X"

I had this once in M & S. because I had used mt card once there and then went to the checkout again to buy something else, the bank thought I may have dropped my card and someone else was using it....

» Add a new message to this topic