FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > manners

manners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is it just me or being nice and showing manners on here is a thing of the past.

if i get one or fifty or a hundred messages in a day i reply to every one with out fail.

or am i just a small number that do this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its just you chippy I ignore 99 out of 100

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"is it just me or being nice and showing manners on here is a thing of the past.

if i get one or fifty or a hundred messages in a day i reply to every one with out fail.

"

My manners are the same, my approach to the site has changed

You seem to be obsessed with this " not getting any replies" thingy as you have started threads about it a number of times!

Sometimes it's just easier not to reply to messages..... As it saves having to reply to the next message they send asking why ect

"is it just me or being nice and showing manners on here is a thing of the past.

"

But you've never had 50 messsages a day have you? Let a lone 100? Most of which would be thouroughly uninspiring. How you use the site is up to you, but it's not up to you to tell others what they should or shouldn;t do in response to a message

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I answer my message I get each day very politely.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I reckon mannners goes both ways. If they can't be arsed to read my profile, i can't be arsed to reply.

But you've never had 50 messsages a day have you? Let a lone 100? Most of which would be thouroughly uninspiring. How you use the site is up to you, but it's not up to you to tell others what they should or shouldn;t do in response to a message"

I ignore most of mine but then I am mildly lazy

By *ischiefmanagedWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk border

I used to reply to everyone and now I don't. Bit harsh but I have other things to do in life that are more important to me than replying to one line messages from people I don't want to meet. Simple.

My manners are the same, my approach to the site has changed "

I always reply, even to gay men and I'm straight. Even just to say that I am not interested. Anyone who takes the time to write should be given some respect.

Thank you for reading.

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

Does any guy get that many, really?

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Have you changed gender.

most of the time i answere my messages only if i am not sure about someone or i am thinking about what to write i just leave it for a few days.

Towcester

This thread comes up so often..

Towcester

"most of the time i answere my messages only if i am not sure about someone or i am thinking about what to write i just leave it for a few days."

I don't bother anymore. I just hit the delete button, that's what its there for.

If ppl don't like it or deem me ignorant, rude or bad mannered, boo hoo.. Just block me cos I wouldn't think twice to blocking them

I dont really get this and obviously im just bored, but why do people deserve a response? I dont get it so much on my single profile but when I was on a couples profile most of the messages we got were just cut and paste drivel so why am I honour bound to respond, happily send a cut and paste drivel response back if it would make all happy

I answer most mine if they are polite but for the ones who obviously havnt read my profile or the fuck me messages i ignore.

The thing is.... We have found that we have sent nice " no thank you " replies to then recieve more messages asking

Why not?

How are you today?

Have you had a good day?

Why not?

How are you today?

Ect ect ect!

So to save ping pong messages between people we are not interested in, we either don't reply or reply and block

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I always reply, even to gay men and I'm straight. Even just to say that I am not interested. Anyone who takes the time to write should be given some respect.

Thank you for reading. "

That suits you.

I have on my profile I won't reply to anyone outwith what I'm looking for. If they decide to ignore what I'M looking for and write any way...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"

The reason is that some cretins on here don't seem able to take no for an answer so couples and even moi, get sick and tired of ignorant people who keep messaging why why why y y y type of messages. It's easier to ignore and block. Reasons for not wanting to meet do not need explaining and I find it fucking rude and annoying that some people seem to think they deserve a follow up answer to a 'no'.

London

The reason is that some cretins on here don't seem able to take no for an answer so couples and even moi, get sick and tired of ignorant people who keep messaging why why why y y y type of messages. It's easier to ignore and block. Reasons for not wanting to meet do not need explaining and I find it fucking rude and annoying that some people seem to think they deserve a follow up answer to a 'no'. "

Norfolk/Suffolk border

The "how are you today?" messages are an instant no no for me. If I want to chat about my day I'll phone a friend!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

Don't take it too seriously. If you really did get 50 or a hundred messages a day would you REALLY have the time to write a polite no thank you to them all, because some ladies & couples do get that many.

I get stressed when I get 4 or 5 to reply to!! Lol

Also those who respond to a 'no thank you' message with 'but why not?' (and there are a lot of them) mean that most ladies & couples now prefer not to reply.

Don't take it personally.

Norfolk/Suffolk border

Don't take it too seriously. If you really did get 50 or a hundred messages a day would you REALLY have the time to write a polite no thank you to them all, because some ladies & couples do get that many.

I get stressed when I get 4 or 5 to reply to!! Lol

Also those who respond to a 'no thank you' message with 'but why not?' (and there are a lot of them) mean that most ladies & couples now prefer not to reply.

Don't take it personally. "

i dont think highly enough of myself to expect a reply if their not interested from my unsolicited message to them..

I really believe in treating others like you want to be treated yourself, which is great in the outside world.

But on a site like this some people get lots of messages a day, maybe even hundreds on some days and to expect them to reply even with a simple no thanks is silly, and can also prompt a return message asking why ? (As some people have already stated from experience) adding more messages for them to have to go through. It would be unfair to judge them or anybody if they do not reply.

Mrs f

"I really believe in treating others like you want to be treated yourself, which is great in the outside world.

But on a site like this some people get lots of messages a day, maybe even hundreds on some days and to expect them to reply even with a simple no thanks is silly, and can also prompt a return message asking why ? (As some people have already stated from experience) adding more messages for them to have to go through. It would be unfair to judge them or anybody if they do not reply.

Mrs f "

I couldn't agree more it would be nice to have the time to reply to all but its not always possible.

manner cost nothing, I always reply no matter how many messages I get

I'm surprised no-one's used the 'junk mail' analogy yet! Isn't that one usually the most favored?

" manner cost nothing, I always reply no matter how many messages I get"

except it has nothing to do with manners..

why do people think cos someone doesnt reply they must be sitting the other side the computer thinking "oh what a tit i wanna piss them off by being rude"

no they are not intending to be rude so why take it as being rude? they are jst not interested.. so what..

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"I'm surprised no-one's used the 'junk mail' analogy yet! Isn't that one usually the most favored? "

It is

I don't like that one, after all your advertising yourself and inviting contact so it's not junkmail. I think job application is a better one ... you don't always get a response to them either.

London

" manner cost nothing, I always reply no matter how many messages I get

except it has nothing to do with manners..

why do people think cos someone doesnt reply they must be sitting the other side the computer thinking "oh what a tit i wanna piss them off by being rude"

no they are not intending to be rude so why take it as being rude? they are jst not interested.. so what.. "

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"

I ignore those that just basically say 'hi' or 'hello sexy' or similar. And those which say 'wanna fuck' or the like. And those which have no face pic.

All of this is on my profile.

» Add a new message to this topic