FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > let downs

let downs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ordered two bunches of flowers ahead of tomorrow (one for my mum and one for my grandma) and spent £40 on each bunch.. needless to say i could have done better if i'd bought supermarket flowers and paid Royal Mail to deliver them

Im miffed!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

never buy flowers for mothers day anymore .. they have always been let downs in our experience

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have found the same, because its a busy time of the year for them they seem to throw any old shit together to get as many bunches out as cheaply as possible, and charge you extra for it

its a coincidence that my uncle bought the identical bunch for my grandma that id also chosen, (clearly we both know what flowers she likes) and his are a far better quality and there are double the amount of flowers.

We paid the same price and both paid an extra £5 to make them a larger bunch..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

many get delivered on the Sunday so you may be still in the delivery chain

"its a coincidence that my uncle bought the identical bunch for my grandma that id also chosen, (clearly we both know what flowers she likes) and his are a far better quality and there are double the amount of flowers.

We paid the same price and both paid an extra £5 to make them a larger bunch.. "

he must have ordered his before they started running low lol

i think better to go to waitrose or tescos see what your getting .Even good flower shops better .. x

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

I once ordered flowers for Christmas for my mum as we were visiting the inlaws, they were awful! I complained to the company who sent her a huge bunch with an apology and a refund for me.

Email their customer service department and complain

"many get delivered on the Sunday so you may be still in the delivery chain "

both of our deliveries had arrived today which we had ordered as my grandma is out for lunch tomorrow

we both paid for the same product (well bunch of flowers), same size (upgraded to the large rather than the standard size)

The total we paid for the products inc postage was the same, yet his bunch of flowers looked amazing and was double the amount of my 'garage' sized single bunch..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

cool, I misread... I thought your flowers hadn't arrived

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"many get delivered on the Sunday so you may be still in the delivery chain

both of our deliveries had arrived today which we had ordered as my grandma is out for lunch tomorrow

we both paid for the same product (well bunch of flowers), same size (upgraded to the large rather than the standard size)

The total we paid for the products inc postage was the same, yet his bunch of flowers looked amazing and was double the amount of my 'garage' sized single bunch..

"

Take pics of them both side by side if you can and then send the pics with your letter to the Customer Services people....

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

The trouble with using flower delivery services is that it doesn't matter how good the florist you place the order with is - it's the florist which does the delivery that gets it right .......... or wrong.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"i think better to go to waitrose or tescos see what your getting .Even good flower shops better .. x "

Agree!! My mum would much rather get a tenners worth from the supermarket or green grocer that I can choose myself than expensive bouquets by the time you get all the wrapping off there's hardly anything there. Of course it helps that my mum lives just up the road so I don't need to get anything delivered. I e sent flowers before and they've been terrible!! X

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ive always chosen florists near the recipient, never had a dud bouquet yet.

I've bought 3 bouquets from Tesco and arranged them all into to one bunch.

Think I missed my calling as a florist lol.

"Ordered two bunches of flowers ahead of tomorrow (one for my mum and one for my grandma) and spent £40 on each bunch.. needless to say i could have done better if i'd bought supermarket flowers and paid Royal Mail to deliver them

Im miffed!! "

tske pics and have a moan - get some money back = love a good lack of service complain i do -

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I've bought 3 bouquets from Tesco and arranged them all into to one bunch.

Think I missed my calling as a florist lol. "

Good for you!

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

"Ordered two bunches of flowers ahead of tomorrow (one for my mum and one for my grandma) and spent £40 on each bunch.. needless to say i could have done better if i'd bought supermarket flowers and paid Royal Mail to deliver them

Im miffed!! "

I think you may of done the right thing, I had a look today at my local supermarket, most of the bunches costing £20 plus looked about ready to die. Last year i ordered from Next, was disappointed in the size of the flowers but they lasted over a week. Quality over quantity is best (in this case)x

"I've bought 3 bouquets from Tesco and arranged them all into to one bunch.

Think I missed my calling as a florist lol. "

Should have done that for my grandma, however i do not live local to my mum

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Usually get them from tesco and jay gets mine from tesco, my mum would have a fit if i sent flowers by interflora or whatever. Although i did for valentine day but that was a joke.

They had massive amounts in tesco today, you could of got four big bunches for about £15.

Id complain about them

Im miffed!! "

I think you should mail say your not happy ... and maybe get some money back xxxx

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

Take pics of them both side by side if you can and then send the pics with your letter to the Customer Services people...."

Glad I read thread as was going to go e exact advice..saved me some typing...LOL

Take pics of them both side by side if you can and then send the pics with your letter to the Customer Services people....

Glad I read thread as was going to go e exact advice..saved me some typing...LOL"

never complained before.. but i was utterly disappointed

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"never complained before.. but i was utterly disappointed "

Well complain then... nothing ventured nothing gained...

well make this your first time.... you pay and should be happy.

I own holiday homes around Norfolk one thing wrong thay tell me .

By *o1mrtlcMan  over a year ago

cannock

Im miffed!! I think you should mail say your not happy ... and maybe get some money back xxxx "

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Im miffed!! I think you should mail say your not happy ... and maybe get some money back xxxx "

I've ordered through Interflora many many times and always been pleased with the quality and quantity. Never had a bad delivery yet. Perhaps I have been lucky.

Sent my mum on a mystery trip tomorrow with a friend, great value for money and lasting memories. I stopped doing flowers a while ago!

I go to a local florist that delivers, they do some fantastic bunches. I normally just tell them the occasion, how much I can spend and what the person likes they have nevet let me down yet

» Add a new message to this topic