FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A lovely surprise....

A lovely surprise....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

This week I was delivering session 15 of a training course and a lady brought in abeautifully sewn cushion with lots of lace and an embroidered "Thank you" - as she said she had enjoyed the course and wanted to say thank you.

I never expected this or anything else for that matter so I was really lost for words for a moment.

How have others surprised you in a lovely, warm and kind way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I was round at my Dad's for a shower while my new bathroom was being fitted and was just telling him that I'd priced Velux windows and they were a lot more expensive than when I last bought one 20 years or so ago...he popped out of the kitchen for a coupla minutes and came back in and handed me £300 to put towards my Velux saying I never asked him for anything and he was always helping out my siblings...I did joke that I'd keep coming for showers if I got £300 each time to which he responded with a clip round the lughole!

"I was round at my Dad's for a shower while my new bathroom was being fitted and was just telling him that I'd priced Velux windows and they were a lot more expensive than when I last bought one 20 years or so ago...he popped out of the kitchen for a coupla minutes and came back in and handed me £300 to put towards my Velux saying I never asked him for anything and he was always helping out my siblings...I did joke that I'd keep coming for showers if I got £300 each time to which he responded with a clip round the lughole! "

Aw that is lovely - and coming from dad, even more so, I think

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

when the old lady next door died her daughter gave me a xmas card with £100 in it and said that her mum would of wanted me to have it and she said thanks for what you did for my mum.

when my friend who was 90 died recently

her daughter gave me two red glass vases

she said to remember her mum by.

it was a very kind thought.

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

Ain't it nice to be appreciated

That's lovely, hand made gifts are always so much more special. I alway make blankets for friends when they have bambinos and its lovely then seeing the blankets in the background of pics on Facebook etc its lovely that things are appreciated and used.

"when the old lady next door died her daughter gave me a xmas card with £100 in it and said that her mum would of wanted me to have it and she said thanks for what you did for my mum.

when my friend who was 90 died recently

her daughter gave me two red glass vases

she said to remember her mum by.

it was a very kind thought. "

Aw that is such a lovely thing to do. Must have been a warm feeling for you!

"Ain't it nice to be appreciated "
Absolutely - it also motivates people to be better people I think.

Mine's a red wine, please

"That's lovely, hand made gifts are always so much more special. I alway make blankets for friends when they have bambinos and its lovely then seeing the blankets in the background of pics on Facebook etc its lovely that things are appreciated and used. "
What I appreciated most was the fact it must have taken her hours to do.. so much detail and embroidered bits... a real master piece.

Being informed I do not look my age always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I bought 3 pieces of ceramics from an exhibition of a new up and coming artist, she came out after me and gave me a 4th as a thank you.

I was really touched

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"That's lovely, hand made gifts are always so much more special. I alway make blankets for friends when they have bambinos and its lovely then seeing the blankets in the background of pics on Facebook etc its lovely that things are appreciated and used. "

the very irst teddy i made was for a member of my team who, after quite a traumatic pregnancy, had a baby girl. a few months ago i got a icture message from her saying it was her little girls favourite teddy. was so nice

I said 'thank you' to a guy that did something for a lot of people at work. He mentioned it to someone else and she told me that he was really chuffed because no-one had ever said thank you for things he'd done at work before.

Sounds daft but it really made me smile.

» Add a new message to this topic