FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How much is human sexuality

How much is human sexuality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *phrodite OP   Woman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

capable of evolving and of changing as we get older? I mean is it possible to be straight and become bi or gay or even take the reverse route of being gay and becoming straight?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

It's essentially fluid isn't it, so absolutely no reason why it can't change with age.

If anything, it's probably the expected reactions of friends and family that make such change seem quite unusual now. Bet in a hundred years no-one would even ask the question.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We certainly become more adventurous in our sex lives.

What was once a naughty fantasy, becomes a "why not give it a try"

Dont think we change out sexuality, just accept what there is available more easily.

"It's essentially fluid isn't it, so absolutely no reason why it can't change with age.

If anything, it's probably the expected reactions of friends and family that make such change seem quite unusual now. Bet in a hundred years no-one would even ask the question."

DO you thinnk that there are far more people out there stating they are straight in fear of being judged?

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

"capable of evolving and of changing as we get older? I mean is it possible to be straight and become bi or gay or even take the reverse route of being gay and becoming straight? "

Tom Robinson from the Tom Robinson band .

Are you thinking of joining the club Aphrodite ?

"We certainly become more adventurous in our sex lives.

What was once a naughty fantasy, becomes a "why not give it a try"

Dont think we change out sexuality, just accept what there is available more easily. "

I can see that in an era where sex is a more acceptable topic we are also more likely to fantasise and experiment.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sexual orientation is increasingly recognised by psychologists as fluid, and I think our culture does support this ever more, so that people probably feel less discomfort about their fluidity. (someone's gotta have a though about fluids, so I'll add it now )

Is it not just being more self aware, confident and comfy with who you are?

"Sexual orientation is increasingly recognised by psychologists as fluid, and I think our culture does support this ever more, so that people probably feel less discomfort about their fluidity. (someone's gotta have a though about fluids, so I'll add it now )"
lol..nice one!

So do you believe we have the potential for being anything on the spectrum of straight to gay and depending on the situation it "comes out" or not?

"Is it not just being more self aware, confident and comfy with who you are?

"

I am wondering that - and does that mean we can be anything we fancy at that moment?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's an article here about women exploring same sex relationships later in their lives - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/jul/22/late-blooming-lesbians-women-sexuality

I believe fab rules allow posts from reputable news sites, such as the Guardian etc. Apologies to mods, if I've transgressed. Guess I won't be heard of for a while, if I have.

I've always thought of sexuality as being on a spectrum with 100% Gay being one end and 100% straight the other. Our position on the spectrum can and will vary at different times in our life and can be influenced by our internal emotions as well as outside influences. So yes I tink it's a very fluid thing.

Bristol

"It's essentially fluid isn't it, so absolutely no reason why it can't change with age.

If anything, it's probably the expected reactions of friends and family that make such change seem quite unusual now. Bet in a hundred years no-one would even ask the question.DO you thinnk that there are far more people out there stating they are straight in fear of being judged? "

Not sure what you mean...yes, there are people who pretend to be straight because they fear being judged...but there will be far fewer of hem than there were say fifty years ago.

But also, there will be gay people afraid of voicing heterosexual feelings, for fear of being judged by their peers too.

Yes it is, perhaps feelings towards the same sex lie dormant until they are awakened later in life when one is more sexually aware and relaxed

By *hris148Man  over a year ago

I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Our 'tastes' change as we get older, food, music etc..

Sexual likes, dislikes are surely the same..

"

But also, there will be gay people afraid of voicing heterosexual feelings, for fear of being judged by their peers too."

Good point, not thought of that before.

Bristol

It's a bit simplistic to suggest that because our tastes in food or music changes, so will our sexuality.

Or maybe it isn't? We don't know enough about the way the mind works to say one way or the other, that's the truth of it.

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more....."
I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults.

"capable of evolving and of changing as we get older? I mean is it possible to be straight and become bi or gay or even take the reverse route of being gay and becoming straight? "

Yep, loved girls, and I mean loved them, met a guy, married 25 years, now I'm fighting with my head, love women, don't want a man.

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. "

If no one gets hurt then nothing wrong......well some people are into getting hurt too but that's another topic

"capable of evolving and of changing as we get older? I mean is it possible to be straight and become bi or gay or even take the reverse route of being gay and becoming straight?

Yep, loved girls, and I mean loved them, met a guy, married 25 years, now I'm fighting with my head, love women, don't want a man."

So really you have done the full circle in a way?

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults.

If no one gets hurt then nothing wrong......well some people are into getting hurt too but that's another topic"

Nothing wrong with a bit of spanking, is there?;-)

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults.

If no one gets hurt then nothing wrong......well some people are into getting hurt too but that's another topicNothing wrong with a bit of spanking, is there?;-) "

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

There is a story line in Corrie at the moment where a gay man is now having a straight relationship.

He is laughed at by other gay men ( one being his ex) and also by straight friends.

I know its a soap, but it made me think.

I think sexuality depends on a lot of things.

The people your with, the enviroment your in.

What kind of mood your in and how relaxed you are.

The days of Straight or Gay have long gone now.

People are more relaxed and enjoy themselves more as well.

If its fun when your doing it, then just enjoy the experience.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I was straight until I moved to Brighton. Had girlfriends since I was 5, although that one only lasted a day, and never thought of men sexually. So now I'm bi....maybe I always was and didn't realize....maybe denial although if one is unaware of something they can't deny whatever it is....so, I still don't find men attractive much prefer ladies but if there's a m/f couple.....

So I would say sexuality can evolve or emerge or change whatever....I'm just me.

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

"I think sexuality depends on a lot of things.

If its fun when your doing it, then just enjoy the experience."

Perfectly put

"capable of evolving and of changing as we get older? I mean is it possible to be straight and become bi or gay or even take the reverse route of being gay and becoming straight?

Yep, loved girls, and I mean loved them, met a guy, married 25 years, now I'm fighting with my head, love women, don't want a man.So really you have done the full circle in a way?"

I have, and now I'm fighting with my head over my heart, I know if being gay was acceptable when I was a teenager I would have "come out" but it wasn't, I conformed, wish I hadn't looking back. Now I have found the real me again , it's very difficult to be who I know I am.

"I think sexuality depends on a lot of things.

If its fun when your doing it, then just enjoy the experience.

Perfectly put "

Plus 1

I can honestly say that my sexuality hasn't altered since I was 15. All due to watching The Naked Civil Servant with my Dad, but that's a story for another day..

But, Perky only had one bi experience when she was 21, then nothing until we started swinging together - now she isn't happier than when she has a mouthful of muff, and considers herself bi-friendly - ie. half way between curious (which she can't really be as she went back for more!) and fully bi, as she only plays with other women, having no desire for anything more than that (ie. no form of relationship)

So maybe it is a moveable point, depending on the opportunities which present themselves during our lives...??

Yep, loved girls, and I mean loved them, met a guy, married 25 years, now I'm fighting with my head, love women, don't want a man.So really you have done the full circle in a way?

I have, and now I'm fighting with my head over my heart, I know if being gay was acceptable when I was a teenager I would have "come out" but it wasn't, I conformed, wish I hadn't looking back. Now I have found the real me again , it's very difficult to be who I know I am. "

I can imagine the internal struggle as there is so much attached to our sexuality in terms of who we are in our families of origin, with our life partners, friends, at work etc...

Can't be easy. xx

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. "
there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...

"I can honestly say that my sexuality hasn't altered since I was 15. All due to watching The Naked Civil Servant with my Dad, but that's a story for another day..

But, Perky only had one bi experience when she was 21, then nothing until we started swinging together - now she isn't happier than when she has a mouthful of muff, and considers herself bi-friendly - ie. half way between curious (which she can't really be as she went back for more!) and fully bi, as she only plays with other women, having no desire for anything more than that (ie. no form of relationship)

So maybe it is a moveable point, depending on the opportunities which present themselves during our lives...??"

I am thinking also that the boundaries between the sexes have become blurred, not just in terms of fashion! Maybe the hormone levels have changed in men and women so make way for mor similarity between the sexes?

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe..."
I think you are right.

Towcester

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right. "
due to men's attitude, a lot are happy to embrace the female female situation but not admit they may be just a teeny bit curious

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right. "

Is there not some quote that all men are Bi/Gay?

Thats why God invented bi nights at clubs.

Shut the door and only those inside know whats going on.

Just be careful though, not all clubs are as discrete as you think.

"

Is there not some quote that all men are Bi/Gay?"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints.

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right. due to men's attitude, a lot are happy to embrace the female female situation but not admit they may be just a teeny bit curious"
That is something I can understand at head level... but not at emotional level. I cannot "feel" what it is like for a man to watch two women together I just dont get it.

Brighton - even Hove!

"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints."

See my post above. I wasn't d*unk!

"I can honestly say that my sexuality hasn't altered since I was 15. All due to watching The Naked Civil Servant with my Dad, but that's a story for another day..

So maybe it is a moveable point, depending on the opportunities which present themselves during our lives...??I am thinking also that the boundaries between the sexes have become blurred, not just in terms of fashion! Maybe the hormone levels have changed in men and women so make way for mor similarity between the sexes?"

That is a documented fact about the hormone levels - all due to the pill. When it is washed out of the female body, it goes into the water system, and seems to survive the cleaning process and comes back in very small amounts in the fresh water supply. Maybe the effect over time (it's 50 years since the pill was launched) has been to blur the edges of sexuality... ? Who knows..?

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right.

Is there not some quote that all men are Bi/Gay?"

So where does straight end and bi/gay start? Fantasies or actual sexual acts?

"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints."

And the ladies?

"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints.And the ladies? "

They are just bloody greedy

Towcester

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right. due to men's attitude, a lot are happy to embrace the female female situation but not admit they may be just a teeny bit curiousThat is something I can understand at head level... but not at emotional level. I cannot "feel" what it is like for a man to watch two women together I just dont get it. "
I don't understand it either but it does interest us

"I think it is only right to try whatever flicks our switch at the time. 10 years ago I liked beer, now I like wine more.....I believe anything goes provided it is legal and between consenting adults. there are more people curious than would admit it I believe...I think you are right.

Is there not some quote that all men are Bi/Gay?So where does straight end and bi/gay start? Fantasies or actual sexual acts? "

Where does any sexuality start? Fantasies surely always come before actually engaging in the act?

Bristol

"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints.And the ladies? "

Half a shandy.

Brighton - even Hove!

Two women together is cool

Towcester

"

All men are straight till they have d*unk 6 pints.And the ladies?

Half a shandy."

now that's good value lol

"

They are just bloody greedy "

Sexist!

Is there not some quote that all men are Bi/Gay?So where does straight end and bi/gay start? Fantasies or actual sexual acts?

Where does any sexuality start? Fantasies surely always come before actually engaging in the act?"

I wondered that!

"

Half a shandy."

I would not be happy with half a shandy if they are having 6 pints..lol. Would you?;-)

"Two women together is cool "
Yes, understand.... but WHY????

"So where does straight end and bi/gay start? Fantasies or actual sexual acts? "

I dont think there is a start and end point.

Having a fantasy may make you curious.

Trying out a bi sexual act just means you tried it.

Tasting beer doesnt make you alcoholic does it???

Just do whatever you enjoy and dont worry about what someone else thinks.

They probably only do it missionary and with the lights out on Sunday evenings anyway.

"Two women together is cool Yes, understand.... but WHY????"

twice the boobs? twice the pussy? what's not to like?

"

They probably only do it missionary and with the lights out on Sunday evenings anyway. "

Hey, that s me on an adventurous night - dont knock it

"Two women together is cool Yes, understand.... but WHY????

twice the boobs? twice the pussy? what's not to like?"

Yes I get your point lol

"Two women together is cool Yes, understand.... but WHY????

twice the boobs? twice the pussy? what's not to like?"

Sitting in the corner on your own, not allowed to join in

Brighton - even Hove!

"Two women together is cool Yes, understand.... but WHY????"

Looks and sounds good

Don't know. Just is

Guys, I STILL dont get it... why is it so exciting??????

"Guys, I STILL dont get it... why is it so exciting??????"

Think its a lot to do with it being "really naughty" in normal circumstances.

"Guys, I STILL dont get it... why is it so exciting??????

Think its a lot to do with it being "really naughty" in normal circumstances."

See to me sex and naughty has to involve cock - otherwise it is not sex. It is playing, being playful, having fun... all sorts of things but ultimately not proper sex unless a man is present.

Brighton - even Hove!

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply....

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply.... "

I'm struggling to explain a theory about the male feeling something in common with both women - fancying the other women.

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply.... "

But two women having sex together is not sex in my head? Dont know if that makes sense and I have had a similar conversation with a couple of my gay (female) friends - I dont wish to insult them with my lack of understanding but I just dont get it.

I find exciting because I have always believed only a woman can know another womans body as well as she does. So, take that further and another woman should be able to get reactions to stimulation a guy can only dream of getting - to me, watching that is without question one of the most erotic, horny things possible.

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply....

I'm struggling to explain a theory about the male feeling something in common with both women - fancying the other women."

That might be helpful - I ll think about that.

I find exciting because I have always believed only a woman can know another womans body as well as she does. So, take that further and another woman should be able to get reactions to stimulation a guy can only dream of getting - to me, watching that is without question one of the most erotic, horny things possible. "

I can follow that also.Thanks, that does make a bit of sense to me.

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply.... But two women having sex together is not sex in my head? Dont know if that makes sense and I have had a similar conversation with a couple of my gay (female) friends - I dont wish to insult them with my lack of understanding but I just dont get it."

That's a different topic. What activity constitutes sex, or playing?

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply.... But two women having sex together is not sex in my head? Dont know if that makes sense and I have had a similar conversation with a couple of my gay (female) friends - I dont wish to insult them with my lack of understanding but I just dont get it.

That's a different topic. What activity constitutes sex, or playing? "

Actually you are right - it is a different topic. Maybe one thread for you for another night?

Towcester

Is it anything that stimulates our sexual desires?

Now that's where the vagaries of the English language lets me down. No group of words would adequately describe how I feel when I watch two women having sex together. Useless reply.... But two women having sex together is not sex in my head? Dont know if that makes sense and I have had a similar conversation with a couple of my gay (female) friends - I dont wish to insult them with my lack of understanding but I just dont get it.

That's a different topic. What activity constitutes sex, or playing? Actually you are right - it is a different topic. Maybe one thread for you for another night? "

Perhaps

"Is it anything that stimulates our sexual desires? "
Good definition - as such it could be anything physical, concrete and on the real world but also imagination and fantasies, thoughts, dreams.

"Is it anything that stimulates our sexual desires? Good definition - as such it could be anything physical, concrete and on the real world but also imagination and fantasies, thoughts, dreams."

Some men claim to get turned on by cars.....

"Is it anything that stimulates our sexual desires? Good definition - as such it could be anything physical, concrete and on the real world but also imagination and fantasies, thoughts, dreams.

Some men claim to get turned on by cars....."

Sorry, confession to make - I do love aeroplanes in the same sexual way

"Is it anything that stimulates our sexual desires? Good definition - as such it could be anything physical, concrete and on the real world but also imagination and fantasies, thoughts, dreams.

Some men claim to get turned on by cars.....Sorry, confession to make - I do love aeroplanes in the same sexual way"

What plane makes you horniest then?

Some men claim to get turned on by cars.....Sorry, confession to make - I do love aeroplanes in the same sexual way

What plane makes you horniest then?"

Cue the Vulcan, me thinks....

Some men claim to get turned on by cars.....Sorry, confession to make - I do love aeroplanes in the same sexual way

Got to be a "JUMP JET" surely.

What plane makes you horniest then?"

Some men claim to get turned on by cars.....Sorry, confession to make - I do love aeroplanes in the same sexual way"

... and two threads collide on the same night! I got a stonking hard on watching the Vulcan making it's 'howl' at Duxford last summer. Now that IS sexual!!!!

[Removed by poster at 07/03/13 22:23:35]

Spelling, Doh! Love the Vulcan for its impressive and majestic "charisma" and yes, aircraft have charisma!

I love the hawk for its agility and on its own or part of the Red Arrows it gets me sooo excited every time. I also liked the Harrier on take off!

... and two threads collide on the same night! I got a stonking hard on watching the Vulcan making it's 'howl' at Duxford last summer. Now that IS sexual!!!!"

Merlin engined machines get me going

"Merlin engined machines get me going"

Mind I also like the smell of aviation fuel - how sad is that...

Towcester

I feel impotent now, I've never got turned on by an engine

"I feel impotent now, I've never got turned on by an engine "
That is funny because us engine lovers are the strange ones and you are the normal guy. Dont worry, it is only a relatively small affliction here

Towcester

"I feel impotent now, I've never got turned on by an engine That is funny because us engine lovers are the strange ones and you are the normal guy. Dont worry, it is only a relatively small affliction here "
i have to say a Ferrari sounds bloody marvellous

"I feel impotent now, I've never got turned on by an engine That is funny because us engine lovers are the strange ones and you are the normal guy. Dont worry, it is only a relatively small affliction here i have to say a Ferrari sounds bloody marvellous "

Oh heck, yes - I am not restricting myself to planes although I love them. I do love cars also. Just not Clarkson

Towcester

"I feel impotent now, I've never got turned on by an engine That is funny because us engine lovers are the strange ones and you are the normal guy. Dont worry, it is only a relatively small affliction here i have to say a Ferrari sounds bloody marvellous

Oh heck, yes - I am not restricting myself to planes although I love them. I do love cars also. Just not Clarkson "

now there's a bonding agent!

in Lancashire

i dont get the link between sexy and vehicles, planes etc..

yes some items are well designed, look good or even stunning..

and yes a pair of silk french cut pants on a woman are 'sexy' as part of the moment but on the washing line they're just an item of clothing drying..

"i dont get the link between sexy and vehicles, planes etc..

and yes a pair of silk french cut pants on a woman are 'sexy' as part of the moment but on the washing line they're just an item of clothing drying..

"

There was not a link, Surrey - I have to reprimand myself severely for trolling my thread. Can you think of a suitable punishment for me?

in Lancashire

There was not a link, Surrey - I have to reprimand myself severely for trolling my thread. Can you think of a suitable punishment for me? "

i have an idea or two perhaps..

There was not a link, Surrey - I have to reprimand myself severely for trolling my thread. Can you think of a suitable punishment for me?

"

Holy mackerel I am doing it again... allowing myself to get distracted from the spirit of the thread. I need double punishment.

in Lancashire

Holy mackerel I am doing it again... allowing myself to get distracted from the spirit of the thread. I need double punishment. "

Surely not fish...

Holy mackerel I am doing it again... allowing myself to get distracted from the spirit of the thread. I need double punishment. "

need anyone to administer the punishment?

Holy mackerel I am doing it again... allowing myself to get distracted from the spirit of the thread. I need double punishment.

Surely not fish... "

nooooo just a little spanking will bring surely me back in line

need anyone to administer the punishment?"

Oh heck I have a bad woman... I probably need a lot of punishment

need anyone to administer the punishment?Oh heck I have a bad woman... I probably need a lot of punishment"

need anyone to administer the punishment?Oh heck I have a bad woman... I probably need a lot of punishment

"

need anyone to administer the punishment?Oh heck I have a bad woman... I probably need a lot of punishment

"

I will let you choose the punishment

I will let you choose the punishment"

Thank you on both accounts

I will let you choose the punishmentThank you on both accounts "

LOL

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

If anything, it's probably the expected reactions of friends and family that make such change seem quite unusual now. Bet in a hundred years no-one would even ask the question.DO you thinnk that there are far more people out there stating they are straight in fear of being judged? "

i had this conversation with someone very recently who said although he puts straight on his profile, he meets guys. He is terrified of putting Bi in case he is judged. so whether he would be judged or not he believes he would....That has to be a reflection

» Add a new message to this topic