FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Daily Mail, Express etc

The Daily Mail, Express etc

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ot30scouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Oxford, London

Does anyone else find these tabloids offensive? On the one hand, I can't help being amused at times at their right-wing propoganda, but then it does scare me that so many people read them...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have largely given up with print media news: all have a bias of one sort so ideally I would read a range. When I feel the urge I opt for The Guardian/Observer or the Financial Times.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

very good newspapers.

it scares you, how strange.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

My mum gets that rag The Express

Even seeing the headline is enough. Such classic gems as;

Thousands Will Die in: Ferret flu/ Hosepipe ban / Arctic winter/ heatwave/ Immigrant led terrorist act

Cure for: Cancer/ Obesity/ Aids/ Immigrants: Found!

Five/ six / seven: Bedroom House Given to Immigrant Mother of :eighteen/ nineteen/ twenty: Children

Pedaphiles/ gangsters/ Immigrants / gang members: Make Life Hell For: taxpayers/ working classes/ hard working honest people.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"My mum gets that rag The Express

Thousands Will Die in: Ferret flu/ Hosepipe ban / Arctic winter/ heatwave/ Immigrant led terrorist act

Five/ six / seven: Bedroom House Given to Immigrant Mother of :eighteen/ nineteen/ twenty: Children

Pedaphiles/ gangsters/ Immigrants / gang members: Make Life Hell For: taxpayers/ working classes/ hard working honest people.

"

By *ot30scouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Oxford, London

Exactly! : ) you understand! This morning's was a classic: BENEFIT MUM'S REIGN OF HATE: mother of eleven targets war widow.

[Removed by poster at 07/03/13 12:38:53]

"

You forgot Princess Di.

"Does anyone else find these tabloids offensive? On the one hand, I can't help being amused at times at their right-wing propoganda, but then it does scare me that so many people read them... "

I would have to read them to stand a chance of being offended by them. I don't so I'm like a pig in shit very happy.

"Exactly! : ) you understand! This morning's was a classic: BENEFIT MUM'S REIGN OF HATE: mother of eleven targets war widow. "

They tell it like it is.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Exactly! : ) you understand! This morning's was a classic: BENEFIT MUM'S REIGN OF HATE: mother of eleven targets war widow.

They tell it like it is."

No....they tell it like they want people to believe it is

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I read the guardian which downloads to my phone every night, and the mail. After all, you need to see what the enemy is up to!!

"I read the guardian which downloads to my phone every night, and the mail. After all, you need to see what the enemy is up to!!"

I used to like the Guardian but in recent years its lost some of its pomposity and its always right attitude and I really liked that strangely enough.

Only read the i. if its not in there i don't need to know about it.

I read a few papers online versions but The Mail is the most offensive to a pedant such as myself.

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

They are so bad I wouldn't put them in the bottom of a budgies cage

The daily mail, Royal arse kisser`s , it is boring, makes me just flick through it, finished with it in about 15 mins.

i bet there is a daily mail reporter in every royal bed, it just throws it in your face everyday.

"I read the guardian which downloads to my phone every night, and the mail. After all, you need to see what the enemy is up to!!

I used to like the Guardian but in recent years its lost some of its pomposity and its always right attitude and I really liked that strangely enough.

"

How's the spelling these days?

My dad always used to refer to it as 'The Gruaniad' !!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Exactly! : ) you understand! This morning's was a classic: BENEFIT MUM'S REIGN OF HATE: mother of eleven targets war widow.

They tell it like it is.

No....they tell it like they want people to believe it is"

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

I absolutely LOVE the Mail! I read it online during the day, it feeds my need to be in q constant state of righteous indignation!

The comments tickle me too, especially the ones on say immigrant gangs grooming white girls...from an Englishman in Thailand!

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

My Dad reads these rags and some of the reactionary opinions he spouts have obviously been fuelled by the guff he ingests every day. I should sue the papers for damaging my relationship with him!

"Does anyone else find these tabloids offensive? On the one hand, I can't help being amused at times at their right-wing propoganda, but then it does scare me that so many people read them...

I would have to read them to stand a chance of being offended by them. I don't so I'm like a pig in shit very happy. "

Yup

"I read the guardian which downloads to my phone every night, and the mail. After all, you need to see what the enemy is up to!!

My dad always used to refer to it as 'The Gruaniad' !! "

The Grauniad is referred to as just that in Private Eye. Always has been. Maybe they nicked it from yer dad.

"

The comments tickle me too, especially the ones on say immigrant gangs grooming white girls...from an Englishman in Thailand! "

Lmao.

The irony.

Ironically the only time I ever find myself in agreement with capital punishment is when reading the dribble in their articles and comments.

Although occasionally discussions on here can get similar..

My dad always used to refer to it as 'The Gruaniad' !!

The Grauniad is referred to as just that in Private Eye. Always has been. Maybe they nicked it from yer dad. "

Hislop's my dad???

I have some relations living in the US.

They were democrat voting liberals until they retired and started watching Fox News every day.

They would now regard the mail and express as pinko commie trash

"I have some relations living in the US.

They were democrat voting liberals until they retired and started watching Fox News every day.

They would now regard the mail and express as pinko commie trash"

:

To paraphrase: we get the media we deserve.

Question everything.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

The Daily mail and Express, horrible papers. They seem to *just* skirt being racist, homophobic, anti anything other than more money for pensioners and hang hung saboteurs.

I still laugh at many years ago when the dailymail was claiming a toddler of 3years had completed a videogame(Goldeneye)- a 3D first person shooter with missions.

the outrageousness of it and the proof of the baby sat with the controller in his hands was enough for me

"Does anyone else find these tabloids offensive? On the one hand, I can't help being amused at times at their right-wing propoganda, but then it does scare me that so many people read them... "
Quite scary how many quote from them on here too

They tell it like it is."

Hate the daily express always seems to get a thrill out of it going to be minus 20 for the rest of our lives.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Must be 20 years since i bought a newspaper. I sometimes pick jays up but thats it. When i did read them it was the Guardian

Ah , stumbled into a self righteous leftie thread !

"Ah , stumbled into a self righteous leftie thread !"

You don't need to be left wing to recognise those papers aren't fit for lining a cat litter box.

The other tabloids are no better, all of them have a pathetic sense of their own importance. Unfortunately to some extent they're still able to influence opinions.

» Add a new message to this topic