FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cars or Houses

Cars or Houses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 40 weeks ago

Chelmsford

What is the most important to you? If you had the choice between a nice home or a nice car what would you choose? Tom had to go to a part of town last night which is predominantly occupied by the poor people yet he was surprised that some of the cars outside these rabbit hutch like houses were pretty tasty. So what would you choose,? A nice house or a nice car. So many people leasing cars these days. What's going on here guys?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 28/12/23 12:56:06]

It must be said your choice of words are

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

These people may be economically poor, but you’re poor of mind. As in judgmental and narrow minded. That’s far more poor than some of those people will ever be.

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman 40 weeks ago

Wales

Tom lives in a chicken coop

By *inkyguyUKMan 40 weeks ago

worcester

Cars cost money, houses on the whole make money. Most people I know don't care about the car they drive until they can pay for it with a months income.

Maybe some people like small houses

By *mma29Couple 40 weeks ago

wirral

About 10 years ago my friend was paying £500 a month for a really nice Audi, and living at home with his parents. I said you could get a house with a mortgage for that.

But he wanted to impress people driving round in a nice car.

Different things are important to people at different times.

By *aughtycouple1008Couple 40 weeks ago

west london

"It must be said your choice of words are

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

These people may be economically poor, but you’re poor of mind. As in judgmental and narrow minded. That’s far more poor than some of those people will ever be. "

Never judge

The car could be on finance or a company car

The house could be where they want to be

By *aughtycouple1008Couple 40 weeks ago

west london

House is more important to us....

worcester

"Never judge

The house could be where they want to be"

it will be finance. And probably why they can't afford a house. A house can last generations a car not so much. There are reasons the poor are poor

By *essaMayWoman 40 weeks ago

Fairytale Wood

"What is the most important to you? If you had the choice between a nice home or a nice car what would you choose? Tom had to go to a part of town last night which is predominantly occupied by the poor people yet he was surprised that some of the cars outside these rabbit hutch like houses were pretty tasty. So what would you choose,? A nice house or a nice car. So many people leasing cars these days. What's going on here guys? "

Image is very important to a lot of people - car, cloths is what most people see. You could live in an old tin shack but nobody would know unless they visited. Cars, clothes, jewellery etc is what most people see you in and judge you.

Like any social media and real life people want to be seen a certain light and not in true light

By *ellhungvweMan 40 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

These people may be economically poor, but you’re poor of mind. As in judgmental and narrow minded. That’s far more poor than some of those people will ever be. "

We might not agree with Tom but you cannot dispute he is one of the best wordsmiths on the forums. His choice of words is always spot on if he wants to get a reaction and he usually succeeds. That is a skill to be applauded.

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

These people may be economically poor, but you’re poor of mind. As in judgmental and narrow minded. That’s far more poor than some of those people will ever be.

We might not agree with Tom but you cannot dispute he is one of the best wordsmiths on the forums. His choice of words is always spot on if he wants to get a reaction and he usually succeeds. That is a skill to be applauded."

In other words if you’re good with words you’re excused from being a dickhead? That’s a lovely way to tolerate poor choices.

Yesterday someone made a joke that sent others to great lengths to assume that person was expressing a hatred towards others. It was far more innocuous than this pigeon-holed mentality expressed here but that was attacked severely and this is excused.

Right, I get the score.

By *ad NannaWoman 40 weeks ago

East London

If I owned my rabbit hutch I'd buy a half decent car that would last me 10 years plus.

I'm in the sink hole of London and my neighbours have an electric powered Porsche plus another decent family car.

The house is a 3 bed mid terrace and in decent condition.

I'm surprised the wheels are still intact.

Other people have nice Audis, BMWs, new Toyotas and little houses.

They wouldn't get a rabbit hutch in another part of London for what they pay here.

By *ad NannaWoman 40 weeks ago

East London

If I rented a run down rabbit hutch I'd want nice wheels to get me the fuck out of there ASAP.

By *ora the explorerWoman 40 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"What is the most important to you? If you had the choice between a nice home or a nice car what would you choose? Tom had to go to a part of town last night which is predominantly occupied by the poor people yet he was surprised that some of the cars outside these rabbit hutch like houses were pretty tasty. So what would you choose,? A nice house or a nice car. So many people leasing cars these days. What's going on here guys? "

House.

I lease a car though. What’s wrong with that? I got fed up of stuff going wrong on cars. Now I get a new one every 2 years. Much prefer it.

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

We might not agree with Tom but you cannot dispute he is one of the best wordsmiths on the forums. His choice of words is always spot on if he wants to get a reaction and he usually succeeds. That is a skill to be applauded."

I’m not sure wordsmith is the word I’d use

By *929Man 40 weeks ago

newcastle

Definitely house, Cars are a (usually) a greatly depreciating asset, when my ex moved out she took the car and I didn’t even bother to replace it I just use my work van to go everywhere fuck how it makes me look I’ll never own a nice car again would rather save the money to invest in something worthwhile

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

I believe Hitler was a great wordsmith too!

Chelmsford

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

We might not agree with Tom but you cannot dispute he is one of the best wordsmiths on the forums. His choice of words is always spot on if he wants to get a reaction and he usually succeeds. That is a skill to be applauded.

In other words if you’re good with words you’re excused from being a dickhead? That’s a lovely way to tolerate poor choices.

Yesterday someone made a joke that sent others to great lengths to assume that person was expressing a hatred towards others. It was far more innocuous than this pigeon-holed mentality expressed here but that was attacked severely and this is excused.

Right, I get the score. "

What was the joke ?

By *ndycoinsMan 40 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

Tom isn't being judgemental,he is using a couple of words to set context instead of making us read half a volume of PC bollocks.Poor are poor however you word it and a small house is small whatever alternative description you use.Perhaps the real narrow mindedness and judgement is crashing in to critique Tom without regard for the context.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS 40 weeks ago

Newquay

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

I’m not sure wordsmith is the word I’d use "

Although he's a troll he is my favourite troll from Essex!

Chelmsford

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

I’m not sure wordsmith is the word I’d use

Although he's a troll he is my favourite troll from Essex! "

Aww Shucks...

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

I believe Hitler was a great wordsmith too!"

He was also teetotal,a non smoker and vegetarian,perfect guy for today.

By *andyfloss2000Woman 40 weeks ago

ashford

Just an poor people's house suits me! Never had a car! Never tried driving! My bike does just fine! X

By *adbod2godbodMan 40 weeks ago

Manchester

I can't believe those poor people even had the audacity to own a car

By *oo..Woman 40 weeks ago

Boo's World

If I had to choose I'd pick a safe warm house even if it was a rabbit hutch size and a car that worked.

I live in an economically poor area. My house was 60k 3 years ago, I've always had average cars, Skoda Octavia, Ford Focus. Money means very little to me, I have enough to put a roof over our heads and a bit left for nights out when we fancy.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 40 weeks ago

Leeds

It’s because drug dealing is frowned upon in the posher parts of town.

Or you can get any car you want on tick these days.

The mr

By *ookie46Woman 40 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"Never judge

The house could be where they want to be it will be finance. And probably why they can't afford a house. A house can last generations a car not so much. There are reasons the poor are poor "

What are the reasons?

"Never judge

The house could be where they want to be it will be finance. And probably why they can't afford a house. A house can last generations a car not so much. There are reasons the poor are poor

What are the reasons? "

Intrigued too, love from an old friend

By *ucka39Man 40 weeks ago

Newcastle

Who needs a house I'd Live in a barn long as it had similar fixture and fittings similar to a home and a horse

By *ovetolick78Man 40 weeks ago

The Shire

I'm a single dad and I work full time, I own my own home and car and neither of them are are amazing but both serve the purpose they are meant for. Don't be quick to judge people by what you can see on the outside.

By *rozac_fairyCouple 40 weeks ago

Tamworth

Damn those poor people. With cars. And other luzlxury items like flatscreen tellies and phones.

"Never judge

The house could be where they want to be it will be finance. And probably why they can't afford a house. A house can last generations a car not so much. There are reasons the poor are poor

What are the reasons? "

The Tory Government?

By *penbicoupleCouple 40 weeks ago

Northampton

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

People getting really upset over what?

By *ildo_swagginsthe3rdWoman 40 weeks ago

Wales

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

Tom isn't being judgemental,he is using a couple of words to set context instead of making us read half a volume of PC bollocks.Poor are poor however you word it and a small house is small whatever alternative description you use.Perhaps the real narrow mindedness and judgement is crashing in to critique Tom without regard for the context."

Its not giving me judgmental vibes necessarily, Tom exhibits more of a superiority complex.

Northampton

"Cars cost money, houses on the whole make money. Most people I know don't care about the car they drive until they can pay for it with a months income. "

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too.

worcester

"Cars cost money, houses on the whole make money. Most people I know don't care about the car they drive until they can pay for it with a months income.

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. "

once a house is ten years older what's it worth? Once a car leaves the forecourt of the seller what's it worth? Unless you are extremely lucky and pick a car that will go up in money a ten year old car isn't worth the srap value. Rent a car, buy a house it's simple

"Cars cost money, houses on the whole make money. Most people I know don't care about the car they drive until they can pay for it with a months income.

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. "

Yeah, you’re missing resale.

No amount of upkeep will keep a cars resale ability

Houses do pretty well in that area

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. once a house is ten years older what's it worth? Once a car leaves the forecourt of the seller what's it worth? Unless you are extremely lucky and pick a car that will go up in money a ten year old car isn't worth the srap value. Rent a car, buy a house it's simple "

I’ve always said buy but run it into the ground

Might look into renting though, as you might be right

worcester

"Never judge

What are the reasons? "

bad investments, like putting all your money into depreciating assets, little habits that cost. Lack of self investing or leaving your kids better than you were brought up. It's a sliding scale.

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"Damn those poor people. With cars. And other luzlxury items like flatscreen tellies and phones. "

Amazing what you can get on benefits.You can get a holiday to Cuba if you don't pay the over £4k gas and electricity bill you have run up.

Northampton

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. once a house is ten years older what's it worth? Once a car leaves the forecourt of the seller what's it worth? Unless you are extremely lucky and pick a car that will go up in money a ten year old car isn't worth the srap value. Rent a car, buy a house it's simple "

It's simple? So those who can't afford to buy a house are just bad with money?

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. once a house is ten years older what's it worth? Once a car leaves the forecourt of the seller what's it worth? Unless you are extremely lucky and pick a car that will go up in money a ten year old car isn't worth the srap value. Rent a car, buy a house it's simple

It's simple? So those who can't afford to buy a house are just bad with money? "

It’s extremely simple

You’ve made it not simple by putting words in someone’s mouth

By *ellhungvweMan 40 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Never judge

What are the reasons? "

In my experience people are poor because they are not rich. That sounds stupid but it is an important distinction. So how do you go from poor to rich? Most people who are no longer poor are no longer poor because they own things that appreciate in value or generate them an income without them having to spend time on it. In modern times that means shares. They have probably set up a company that has done well and so own shares in that.

If you are working (even with a high salary) then you are limited in how much wealth you can create by the hours you have available. Poor people work for others. Rich people have others working for them.

Northampton

I must be missing something. Whilst houses do/can make money, they also cost quite a bit of money too. once a house is ten years older what's it worth? Once a car leaves the forecourt of the seller what's it worth? Unless you are extremely lucky and pick a car that will go up in money a ten year old car isn't worth the srap value. Rent a car, buy a house it's simple

It’s extremely simple

You’ve made it not simple by putting words in someone’s mouth "

I haven't put any words in someone's mouth. Someone acted as if cars cost money and houses make money, conveniently missing out the point that houses cost money too, which lots of people don't have.

It’s extremely simple

I haven't put any words in someone's mouth. Someone acted as if cars cost money and houses make money, conveniently missing out the point that houses cost money too, which lots of people don't have."

You clearly have.

Reread it and ask yourself where they said people without houses are just bad with money

Honestly, your clutching at straws here to find offence in just good financial advice

Deepest darkest Peru

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?"

It was made to sound like it was lifestyle choices which is not always the case

worcester

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?

It was made to sound like it was lifestyle choices which is not always the case "

true, I am not really saying it's a person's fault. But let's put it this way, the shop brighthouse for example who shopped there?

By *ddie1966Man 40 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

I whole heartedly concur with you Bella.

I live in what could be described as a "Rabbit Hutch"

But it's my rabbit hutch and I love it.

I worked hard for it and due to divorce I've probably paid for it twice.

I love the area its in and it has an amazing community around.

internally it's my little Palace.

Externally it's functional.

No one would think of breaking in to it..

Many of us choose to live in houses like mine and we're proud of them.

As for cars.. I never buy new. I don't see the point. As long as its functional and reliable and comfortable, it'll do for me.

I've got better things to spend my money on.

No, I'm not poor.

No, I'm not rich.

Yes, I'm happy

Please choose your words wisely next time

Hmmm, my car is 06 and not yet on the scrap heap, though many think it should be!

Northampton

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?

It was made to sound like it was lifestyle choices which is not always the case true, I am not really saying it's a person's fault. But let's put it this way, the shop brighthouse for example who shopped there? "

People who couldn't afford a new fridge anywhere else and were exploited by a company that was willing to count essential benefits as 'income.'

By *MisschiefxTV/TS 40 weeks ago

London

In London those rabbit hutches would be £1m so the cars would just be cheap run a rounds for them

Northampton

It’s extremely simple

I haven't put any words in someone's mouth. Someone acted as if cars cost money and houses make money, conveniently missing out the point that houses cost money too, which lots of people don't have.

You clearly have.

Reread it and ask yourself where they said people without houses are just bad with money

Honestly, your clutching at straws here to find offence in just good financial advice "

I'm not actually offended in the slightest. This is only fab!

Someone implied that the difference between a car and a house was that cars cost money and houses make money. I added that another more significant difference was the cost of a house, which makes them unattainable for many.

Deepest darkest Peru

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?

It was made to sound like it was lifestyle choices which is not always the case true, I am not really saying it's a person's fault. But let's put it this way, the shop brighthouse for example who shopped there?

People who couldn't afford a new fridge anywhere else and were exploited by a company that was willing to count essential benefits as 'income.' "

Those companies/firms played on people’s vulnerabilities

Northampton

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?

It was made to sound like it was lifestyle choices which is not always the case true, I am not really saying it's a person's fault. But let's put it this way, the shop brighthouse for example who shopped there?

People who couldn't afford a new fridge anywhere else and were exploited by a company that was willing to count essential benefits as 'income.'

Those companies/firms played on people’s vulnerabilities "

Brighthouse were fucking corrupt. Thankfully, it backfired and they collapsed.

worcester

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

The Tory Government?

Those companies/firms played on people’s vulnerabilities

Brighthouse were fucking corrupt. Thankfully, it backfired and they collapsed."

I don't think it backfired, it made the owners very very rich. Companies can be run into the ground while the owners pick it dry look at topshop

By *rozac_fairyCouple 40 weeks ago

Tamworth

"Damn those poor people. With cars. And other luzlxury items like flatscreen tellies and phones.

Amazing what you can get on benefits.You can get a holiday to Cuba if you don't pay the over £4k gas and electricity bill you have run up."

We both had experience on benefits

For the Mr, it was just due to being made redundant, took him about 6 months to find another suitable job so he claimed JSA for about 4 months (he had to wait till he was 18).

For me, I was on IS as a single parent after a relationship breakdown, 2 children aged 2&4, not many bills tbh because we had to live in a couple of different shelters. So we had money "disposable" cash I suppose you could say... damn, that holiday to Cuba would have been nice!

By *batMan 40 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I'm still surprised that some people haven't worked out the OPs style yet. It's deliberately provocative.

Take the bait or don't. You choose.

Gbat

House

Mrs C

By *wislandMan 40 weeks ago

Newquay

House for me - you sleep in it everyday for afterall...

although I am lucky enough to have a couple of decent cars at the end of the day they are a tool to get me to work & to fishing lakes!

Also bricks & mortar goes up in value - cars depreciate...

If they are stupid enough to spend their spare money on leasing a car to make the neighbours think they are rich then good for them.

I have colleagues like this. Any tiny increase in interest rates and they are eating dry bread. But their car and house look good so......

By *oxesMan 40 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

Home because it's a greater investment.

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 40 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Neither are important as long as your not in debt up to your eyeballs

Be smart and don’t get sucked in

" …..

The Tory Government?"

Boom….there it is. I was wondering how quickly we’d get to this.

Why is it all right to be so easily offended by someone using the term ‘poor’ in some way but entirely excusable for everyone to spew venom and cliched rhetoric about the ‘rich’ and Tories whenever they want to?

M

" …..

The Tory Government?

Why is it all right to be so easily offended by someone using the term ‘poor’ in some way but entirely excusable for everyone to spew venom and cliched rhetoric about the ‘rich’ and Tories whenever they want to?

M"

No one chooses to be poor but poor political choices for parties that hurt the average person are entirely on your control

By *a LunaWoman 40 weeks ago

South

Home.

Unless I had a mobile home, that would kill two birds with one stone.

" …..

The Tory Government?

M"

Where's the venom?

" …..

No one chooses to be poor but poor political choices for parties that hurt the average person are entirely on your control "

Define ‘average’.

M

" …..

Where's the venom? "

I didn’t say it was in this thread, necessarily. It’s whenever the cliche can be thrown around, it’s perfectly acceptable.

M

By *inaTitzTV/TS 40 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Yikes

By *ocalwatcherMan 40 weeks ago

ipswich

Never been one of them people who judges people on what they have or got or whatever …. I was born naked and I’ll probably die naked and won’t be able to take anything with me … live by your means and not by your neighbour….

Chelmsford

"I'm still surprised that some people haven't worked out the OPs style yet. It's deliberately provocative.

Take the bait or don't. You choose.

Gbat "

Best Batty avoid Toms posts then

" …..

Where's the venom?

I didn’t say it was in this thread, necessarily. It’s whenever the cliche can be thrown around, it’s perfectly acceptable.

M"

The implication was there, so seems a bit unnecessary. Tories have been in power for over 13 years. If there's an increase in poverty in that time then wouldn't it be accurate to suggest that government decisions play a part?

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman 40 weeks ago

In the clouds

Neither.. don't have either

By *batMan 40 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Best Batty avoid Toms posts then "

Or doesn't. Choices, choices.

Gbat

By *JandCMCouple 40 weeks ago

cardiff

I worked with someone over 30 years ago who always had a flash car, I drove an old banger, but I had just bought a house.

Left the job and did work with the same guy again 30 on he had an OK car n was living with his father did say how he wasted so much money on flash cars so couldn't afford to leave home.

Now I own my own my house n drive a BMW n all paid for in full.

Nothing wrong with a flash car if n when you can afford it, but other things should take priority first.

But then again that is just my opinion

By *ilfCrumpet9Man 40 weeks ago

Wirral

Put my money in property and drive a second hand car

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 40 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

I have house and a car, that is why I am poor.

By * and M lookingCouple 40 weeks ago

Worcester

"Put my money in property and drive a second hand car "

In reality, we all drive 2nd hand cars.

The only people to drive brand new cars are the ones who deliver them to the dealerships.

By *ornucopiaMan 40 weeks ago

Bexley

"

In reality, we all drive 2nd hand cars.

The only people to drive brand new cars are the ones who deliver them to the dealerships."

.. the short distance from the transporter to the parking lot round the back.

I was going to add the time wasting fantasists who take them for test drives but the dealers aren't stupid, they only have a few for that purpose so they don't all get farted into and slobbered over..

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

In my experience people are poor because they are not rich. That sounds stupid but it is an important distinction. So how do you go from poor to rich? Most people who are no longer poor are no longer poor because they own things that appreciate in value or generate them an income without them having to spend time on it. In modern times that means shares. They have probably set up a company that has done well and so own shares in that.

If you are working (even with a high salary) then you are limited in how much wealth you can create by the hours you have available. Poor people work for others. Rich people have others working for them. "

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Because the system is gamed that way.

By *pearmint RhinoCouple 39 weeks ago

Leeds

A nice little rabbit hutch with a 4 car garage please

H x

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

House.

Cars in this craphole country where it gets scratched just parking up at Tesco's? I'm good.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 39 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom is more fortunate than most but the harder he worked then the more fortunate he got..

Despite his success he cares not for flash things.

A car is to get you from A to B

By *ob357Man 39 weeks ago

Oswestry

Thought this said horses

Horses all the way x

By *icolerobbieCouple 24 weeks ago

walsall

Nicole is thinking of living in one of those big posh Winnebago type motorhomes. That way she’ll tick both _oxes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 24 weeks ago

Central

Homem

I just want the car for reliable transport

By *asques and boxersCouple 24 weeks ago

Ashford and dept16

"Tom lives in a chicken coop "

By *onameyet2Man 24 weeks ago

chorley

Occupied by poor people

Rabbit hutch like houses

By *onameyet2Man 24 weeks ago

chorley

"Never judge

What are the reasons?

If you are working (even with a high salary) then you are limited in how much wealth you can create by the hours you have available. Poor people work for others. Rich people have others working for them.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Because the system is gamed that way.

"

I believe it’s more an evolutionary thing rather than the “system”, all countries have rich and poor

By *s10biladMan 24 weeks ago

wednesbury

you can live in a car but you can't race a house

By (user no longer on site) 24 weeks ago

I have a collection of cars and a small house with very big garage

» Add a new message to this topic