FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I can't believe I'm away to admit this......

I can't believe I'm away to admit this......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

And I am totally disgusted, but I have just discovered something about myself......I can't change a fecking lightbulb!!

Now, give me a bit of credit, they are those halogen spot lights that you need one of those suction cups and even though I am balanced on the kitchen worktop and doing it in the dark, the little feckers just wont come out, any suggestions or is there a special knack?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Buy some candles

Count to ten and find a torch

There are 2 type. 1 is a push fit, so you push upwards and it releases. 2 is a twist fitting so you have to rotate it to remove it.

if you find out how to do it please let me know as i have only 1 out of 3 working and could soon be in total darkness

Scotland - Aberdeen

"if you find out how to do it please let me know as i have only 1 out of 3 working and could soon be in total darkness "

I'll go give the advise above a bash and let you know! I had 8 and waited until the last one went last night

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

if its the halogen with two nipple ended pieces(no pun intended) push up and twist anticlockwise to remove opposite for putting in new one if pronged ones just pull out

Shouting at them doesnt make them come out any easier but it feels good

"if its the halogen with two nipple ended pieces(no pun intended) push up and twist anticlockwise to remove opposite for putting in new one if pronged ones just pull out "

That's what I do with mine - no need for a 'sucker'..... but it might come in handy after..... lol!

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

how every you do it make sure you use a cloth even tho its cold them fecker get really hot an if its over heated they shatter really easy an your hand wont stand a chance

If you're using the suction cup thing put it on the bulb and leave it for a couple mins. It's sticks better then.

next time can u wear a short skirt and no knickers....and shave ur beaver

I'll hold the ladder

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well I've tried all of the advise given and still no joy! I'm starting to think they're bloody superglued in!

They wont be hot as the last one gave up the ghost last night but I will persevere

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Put on a rubber glove, you'll get a better grip then.

The ones in our kitchen are rubbish. You need a knife to lever the whole thing out ( after taking the spring clip off) then it's a standard twist type but its just bad design and quite dangerous.

Good luck, may be best if you wait till daylight and change them all!

Some of them, specially the pronged ones that simply push in, have a circlip holding the bulb in. Can you see/fell anything that looks like thick wire around the edge of the bulb ?

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've given up! I've tried 6 out of 8 now and not one has even remotely felt like it's coming out anytime soon.

The lights are like 4 spots per strip and have a metal casing/jacket (if that makes sense) Think I'm just going to learn how to cook in the dark, thank feck I don't cook often

Oh and Paddy, thanks for your words of wisdom, if you lived a bit closer I might have taken you up on your offer

try youtube great for those hard tasks

"I've given up! I've tried 6 out of 8 now and not one has even remotely felt like it's coming out anytime soon.

The lights are like 4 spots per strip and have a metal casing/jacket (if that makes sense) Think I'm just going to learn how to cook in the dark, thank feck I don't cook often

Oh and Paddy, thanks for your words of wisdom, if you lived a bit closer I might have taken you up on your offer "

lol I'll be in aberdeen again soon enough , and will help u out no bother...can u change the bulb with one hand while u finger urself as I stand underneath though???...just askin

Push it in gently but firmly and turn it anti-clockwise, it should come out fairly easily, it's a pain trying to align the ends back in the socket but once you have push and turn it clockwise. Hope that helps

Tut tut women!

Scotland - Aberdeen

"

Oh and Paddy, thanks for your words of wisdom, if you lived a bit closer I might have taken you up on your offer

lol I'll be in aberdeen again soon enough , and will help u out no bother...can u change the bulb with one hand while u finger urself as I stand underneath though???...just askin "

Now your just bloody pushing it! As usual

"

lol I'll be in aberdeen again soon enough , and will help u out no bother...can u change the bulb with one hand while u finger urself as I stand underneath though???...just askin

Now your just bloody pushing it! As usual "

hehehehe...cant wait..ive been after ya for ages..are u a good cook too?..brill! x

Scotland - Aberdeen

"

hehehehe...cant wait..ive been after ya for ages..are u a good cook too?..brill! x"

Your a cheeky bugger lol and you haven't even offered any advice on my lights situation! I do a mean mircro meal though, does that count?

Word of advise folks, don't wait until the last bulb has gone before trying to change them, at least that is one lesson I have learned tonight

try a 10p or 50 coin xx

Scotland - Aberdeen

"try a 10p or 50 coin xx"

Eh? Sorry, I might be a bit thick tonight, but how on earth will that help?

"

hehehehe...cant wait..ive been after ya for ages..are u a good cook too?..brill! x

Your a cheeky bugger lol and you haven't even offered any advice on my lights situation! I do a mean mircro meal though, does that count?

Word of advise folks, don't wait until the last bulb has gone before trying to change them, at least that is one lesson I have learned tonight "

sorry i didnt offer any advice...but hey..its a swinger site OKOKOK!

"try a 10p or 50 coin xx

Eh? Sorry, I might be a bit thick tonight, but how on earth will that help?"

For the meter.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"try a 10p or 50 coin xx

For the meter. "

Are there still coin in the slot meters out there?

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

[Removed by poster at 06/03/13 20:29:21]

Scotland - Aberdeen

"try a 10p or 50 coin xx

For the meter. "

Hmph that might have helped IF I hadn't said my bulbs had all blown!

Sometimes you feckers are too sarcastic for you own good

"And I am totally disgusted, but I have just discovered something about myself......I can't change a fecking lightbulb!!

Now, give me a bit of credit, they are those halogen spot lights that you need one of those suction cups and even though I am balanced on the kitchen worktop and doing it in the dark, the little feckers just wont come out, any suggestions or is there a special knack?

"

I hate those things as well, we had them.in our kitchen i got 3 in ok but the fourth one took me hours. I got so annoyed I kept walking away from it then going back for another attempt

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"And I am totally disgusted, but I have just discovered something about myself......I can't change a fecking lightbulb!!

"

i had to PAY a handyman to come and change mine....

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I dont do it either, il wait for my OH to do it.

Scotland - Aberdeen

Small Miracles!

Just a small update, I managed to remove two of them tonight, so I now have some light, will attempt the rest later, I was so worried I would have to phone someone to do it for me, not so useless after all!

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

"Small Miracles!

Just a small update, I managed to remove two of them tonight, so I now have some light, will attempt the rest later, I was so worried I would have to phone someone to do it for me, not so useless after all! "

Give up and go with the candles

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Small Miracles!

Just a small update, I managed to remove two of them tonight, so I now have some light, will attempt the rest later, I was so worried I would have to phone someone to do it for me, not so useless after all!

Give up and go with the candles "

No need! I have one light bulb working, so no longer in darkness

"Small Miracles!

Just a small update, I managed to remove two of them tonight, so I now have some light, will attempt the rest later, I was so worried I would have to phone someone to do it for me, not so useless after all! "

2 of 8 in 6 days, should have them all working by the summer well done, now you know how you can do them all then it will be ages before you need to do them again

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

How many Fab single ladies does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, they can insert one and turn themselves on without a man anyday they like

By *wingsnroundaboutsCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Knew this was gonna be somebody from the Scottish highlands when we saw "I'm away to..."

Such a Scottish expression

"Knew this was gonna be somebody from the Scottish highlands when we saw "I'm away to..."

Such a Scottish expression"

I just thought she had shit grammar

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Must have changed the light bulb by now

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Knew this was gonna be somebody from the Scottish highlands when we saw "I'm away to..."

Such a Scottish expression"

Aberdeen isn't in the Highlands...but I know what you mean, I knew she would be a Scot too

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Nasty little feckers aren't they - it took me a week and a lot of blue language to change the ones in my kitchen but I was determined to beat them without the assistance of a man

[Removed by poster at 14/03/13 00:22:13]

Assuming it's either a 50w or 35w GU10 -get it out and replace it with a 2.2w LED. They run cool, cost 80% less to run and they last for years and are equivalent to approx 45w halogen lamp.

Downside ? they are about 10quid each .... but worth it in the long run

» Add a new message to this topic