FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I feel a little cheated ........

I feel a little cheated ........

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I managed to blow my car up on Saturday ............ not a good idea I know .............. 16 valves went up and pfft it was a little hiccup ....... ffs what was that about having been told all 16 were completely knackered I would have expected a loud BOOM at least .......... and not a little pfft ..........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember when I put my piston through my block... I heard a small noise, which went to a loud noise.. then a kinda thud.... then nothing but hissing and oil and water and everything everywhere...

I cried...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

blew a piston head on the outside lane of the M4 on a gt550, slightly over the limit..

for a mili second i thought fuck..

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I remember my very 1st engine. I was about 13 and I dropped a little screw through the spark plug hole. I thought it would just fall to the bottom and live in peace

I had some lovely thread patterns in the piston. Doh......

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

when i blew up my van it was quite spectacular . dont get a transit diesel they are crap

I was deffo cheated then lol

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I was deffo cheated then lol "
Trust me, you don t need more drama

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

"I managed to blow my car up on Saturday ............ not a good idea I know .............. 16 valves went up and pfft it was a little hiccup ....... ffs what was that about having been told all 16 were completely knackered I would have expected a loud BOOM at least .......... and not a little pfft .......... "

Timing belt??

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Crankshaft snapped on my metro that was noisy

"I was deffo cheated then lol "

Almost as bad as Fergie feels I believe.

"I was deffo cheated then lol Trust me, you don t need more drama "

yeah but if it had to die like that it could have done it with a little bit of something spectacular

"I managed to blow my car up on Saturday ............ not a good idea I know .............. 16 valves went up and pfft it was a little hiccup ....... ffs what was that about having been told all 16 were completely knackered I would have expected a loud BOOM at least .......... and not a little pfft ..........

Timing belt??"

is that the same as a cam belt .......... if so then yeah .... loss of power and that was it .......

So does Fergie

My dif seized in my Peugeot, now that did got with a bang

Just heard the bang from Old Trafford as Fergie exploded

"I managed to blow my car up on Saturday ............ not a good idea I know .............. 16 valves went up and pfft it was a little hiccup ....... ffs what was that about having been told all 16 were completely knackered I would have expected a loud BOOM at least .......... and not a little pfft ..........

Timing belt??

is that the same as a cam belt .......... if so then yeah .... loss of power and that was it ....... "

Yes, the timing belt is the same as the cam belt.

Basically it keeps the crack and cams in sync. If it snaps the pistons can make contact with the valves.

It can be repaired but can be expensive. If you were travelling at speed then expect the damage to also extend to the crank shells, they'll look intact, but the shock will have weakened them and they will fail soon after getting the top end rebuilt, so get the mechanic to replace them.

Being an Alfisti I've had one or two engine failures, the best being an Alfasud, it snapped a con-rod and left a hole the size of my fist in the block and covered the car behind in 5ltrs of 10-40w...lol

It is not worth getting my car repaired and its staying in the mechanics yard until I have got my number plate off then its being trucked/towed to the scrapyard ................

"It is not worth getting my car repaired and its staying in the mechanics yard until I have got my number plate off then its being trucked/towed to the scrapyard ................ "

Could be cheaper to buy an engine and drop it in, far less work so will save on the labour. Or, get the manual and parts and learn how to do it yourself, its good fun!

I guess the moral of the story is; don't ignore the manufacturers recommended belt change intervals (or any of the service intervals).

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

I have a car you can buy, only down side is i crashed it this morning due to stupid brummy drivers being lunatics and cutting me up.

It only needs a head light, bumber, front grill, drive shafts, possibly a radiator, bonnet will buff out and it's still running like a proper little trooper

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

"It is not worth getting my car repaired and its staying in the mechanics yard until I have got my number plate off then its being trucked/towed to the scrapyard ................ "
thats sad...

"It is not worth getting my car repaired and its staying in the mechanics yard until I have got my number plate off then its being trucked/towed to the scrapyard ................

Could be cheaper to buy an engine and drop it in, far less work so will save on the labour. Or, get the manual and parts and learn how to do it yourself, its good fun!

I guess the moral of the story is; don't ignore the manufacturers recommended belt change intervals (or any of the service intervals)."

Moral of story is something else which I can't put on here !!!!! lol and I hadn't lol

"I have a car you can buy, only down side is i crashed it this morning due to stupid brummy drivers being lunatics and cutting me up.

It only needs a head light, bumber, front grill, drive shafts, possibly a radiator, bonnet will buff out and it's still running like a proper little trooper "

Ouch !!! I have a new car

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

"Crankshaft snapped on my metro that was noisy "

That happened to me years back classic hill man minx. Could not believe my luck as was about 100 yards from my reg garage.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I managed to blow my car up on Saturday ............ not a good idea I know .............. 16 valves went up and pfft it was a little hiccup ....... ffs what was that about having been told all 16 were completely knackered I would have expected a loud BOOM at least .......... and not a little pfft .......... "

Try it again - but this time with a bit more 'gusto'...

Try it again - but this time with a bit more 'gusto'..."

That is not a good idea

Mrs head gasket went on her car £ 500 later she handed me the bill to pay

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

All my electrics melted onto the fuel pump. Apparently it should have exploded dramatically on the motorway . Fortunately it simply refused to start!

"All my electrics melted onto the fuel pump. Apparently it should have exploded dramatically on the motorway . Fortunately it simply refused to start! "

You lead such a quiet life

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"Crankshaft snapped on my metro that was noisy

That happened to me years back classic hill man minx. Could not believe my luck as was about 100 yards from my reg garage."

A minx causing mayhem! Unheard of...!

"Crankshaft snapped on my metro that was noisy

That happened to me years back classic hill man minx. Could not believe my luck as was about 100 yards from my reg garage.

A minx causing mayhem! Unheard of...! "

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"All my electrics melted onto the fuel pump. Apparently it should have exploded dramatically on the motorway . Fortunately it simply refused to start!

You lead such a quiet life"

Got a kia now, far more likely to be boring! Thank gawd.

You need a little excitement in your life, get that Kia on the motorway heading south

Would you want a second attempt then?

By *allen MadonnaWoman  over a year ago

In my own little world

ECU went on my beloved Punto Sport years ago, didn't have AA cover so called a mechanic friend, who recovered it at the end of his day.

Meantime during the day I had the local barracks ringing me up on the hour, as I'd abandoned it outside their gates, threatening to blow it up.

I was sooo stressed I told them could but could I come and watch! They didn't but i was in the mood.

[Removed by poster at 06/03/13 23:21:39]

I blew the piston on my old KH 250 as I was over taking an articulated lorry on the M6, not a lot of extra noise but I didn't get past the lorry

130 on the M6 on my yam 1000 racing a Porsche when the oil light came on

Only noise came out of my arse when I thought the engine was going to seize

» Add a new message to this topic