FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Street treasure

Street treasure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    40 weeks ago

What's the best thing you've found on the street?

Do you have posh neighbours that put out things that they no longer want for the taking or do you dip into skips. Share your tales of fabulous footpath feebies here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucklingMan 40 weeks ago

Sleaford

I've found a few pairs of sexy knickers in various streets.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 40 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

I can never resist looking in a skip ..9 X outa 10 bugger all in..but always worth a look.. found a bike in one once that I still use...I found a nice shelving unit on the street the other day... which I really shouldn't have picked up because it just means I'm going to buy yet more CDs to fill it..

"I've found a few pairs of sexy knickers in various streets."

Just knew someone was going to go there. Fab never fails to disapoint

"I can never resist looking in a skip ..9 X outa 10 bugger all in..but always worth a look.. found a bike in one once that I still use...I found a nice shelving unit on the street the other day... which I really shouldn't have picked up because it just means I'm going to buy yet more CDs to fill it.. "

Music is food for the soul so more CDs are always required.

By *tylebender03Man 40 weeks ago

Manchester

A woman

By *icecouple561Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When we were really, really hard up I saw a £10 note blowing down the street and picked it up.

"When we were really, really hard up I saw a £10 note blowing down the street and picked it up. "

I found £5 last Friday. Free money is aways good. If I saw someone drop it I would hand it over to them though.

"A woman "

Leave the street women where they are. No good can come of it ;-p

By *icecouple561Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"When we were really, really hard up I saw a £10 note blowing down the street and picked it up.

I found £5 last Friday. Free money is aways good. If I saw someone drop it I would hand it over to them though. "

Me too.

I was given a counterfeit £10 in my change in a shop, it was discovered when I paid for something in another shop. I took it to the bank and handed it in. The cashier was shocked and more or less said I should behave palmed it off on someone else but I couldn't do that. I suppose that kind of evened out the tenner I gained when I found that one

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

Street cred.

By *ddie1966Man 40 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

A fully working Dyson Vacuum cleaner.

3 days after I'd just had laminate flooring fitted....

Damn..... just my luck.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 40 weeks ago

North West

Found £50 once. We took it to a Police station but they handed it back to us, after no-one claimed it. I shared it with my brother (we were kids).

"A fully working Dyson Vacuum cleaner.

3 days after I'd just had laminate flooring fitted....

Damn..... just my luck."

What became of the Dyson. Did u give it away or sell it. I found a pair of Timberland boots put out by the bins on my estate to take a few weeks back. My daughter sold them on depop for £40.

"Found £50 once. We took it to a Police station but they handed it back to us, after no-one claimed it. I shared it with my brother (we were kids). "

I wonder if that would happen in today's society or if you could walk into a police station and claim to have lost a note and have them give you one.

"When we were really, really hard up I saw a £10 note blowing down the street and picked it up.

I found £5 last Friday. Free money is aways good. If I saw someone drop it I would hand it over to them though.

Me too.

I was given a counterfeit £10 in my change in a shop, it was discovered when I paid for something in another shop. I took it to the bank and handed it in. The cashier was shocked and more or less said I should behave palmed it off on someone else but I couldn't do that. I suppose that kind of evened out the tenner I gained when I found that one "

I had that happen to me once. I went back to the shop where they gave me the dodgy note and they completely denied giving it to me. It was a tatty note so I knew exactly where I got it. Ended up throwing it away.

By *annibal_LickedherMan 40 weeks ago

The Side of the Mersey

I rescued a load of old scaffold boards from

a skip. Made various bits of furniture from them and sold a few of them and kept one for myself.

By *orphia2003Woman 40 weeks ago

Tonypandy.

Huge leather briefcase with combination locks. Bit scratched but otherwise great condition. Had it 20 years and still going strong.

Pair of tall foldaway chairs

Glass corner shelves

I'm a total scavenger when it comes to skip raiding. I hate waste.

By *glyBettyTV/TS 40 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

An 1/8th of ganjinho

"An 1/8th of ganjinho "

Every time I go to Manchester I find something for "recreational use" on the street. Did you put it to good use?

"Huge leather briefcase with combination locks. Bit scratched but otherwise great condition. Had it 20 years and still going strong.

Pair of tall foldaway chairs

Glass corner shelves

I'm a total scavenger when it comes to skip raiding. I hate waste."

Sounds like you made out like a bandit. I do love a street find.

By *erry bull1Man 40 weeks ago

doncaster

A pup , I looked after it and kept it 9 year till it died

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 40 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"I've found a few pairs of sexy knickers in various streets.

"

Seems every corner I turn there's a lovely well worn pair of tighty whiteys.... phwoarrrrrrr

"I rescued a load of old scaffold boards from

a skip. Made various bits of furniture from them and sold a few of them and kept one for myself. "

I'm a huge fan of reclaimed wood furniture. Glad to hear your making use of stuff heading for the tip and making sound cash out of it!

"I've found a few pairs of sexy knickers in various streets.

Seems every corner I turn there's a lovely well worn pair of tighty whiteys.... phwoarrrrrrr"

Tighty Whiteys with brown stains I'm guessing.

Beware the pavement panties/pants - there is usually a good reason that they are there.

"A pup , I looked after it and kept it 9 year till it died "

Bless. Used to be lots of kittens around when I was a kid. Not seen any in years. I'm assuming people are more responsible these days.

Well done you for giving puppa there forever home x

By *atnip make me purrWoman 40 weeks ago

Reading

This is quite common in America. We have picked up a nice leather office chair and a bureau. When we moved we put lots out including a glass outside table and 6 chairs. They went quickly.

By *glyBettyTV/TS 40 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"An 1/8th of ganjinho

Every time I go to Manchester I find something for "recreational use" on the street. Did you put it to good use? "

It was a pretty good spot as well as the pavement was wet & I almost didn't see it.

I felt sympathy for the person who's pocket it had dropped out from for all of 5 seconds, then I set about putting it to excellent use

"This is quite common in America. We have picked up a nice leather office chair and a bureau. When we moved we put lots out including a glass outside table and 6 chairs. They went quickly."

America is on another level. On top of the found items there are loads of yard sells and huge furniture thrift stores that used to be dirt cheap 20 odd years ago when I lived there. Found many treasures on my travels there.

"An 1/8th of ganjinho

Every time I go to Manchester I find something for "recreational use" on the street. Did you put it to good use?

It was a pretty good spot as well as the pavement was wet & I almost didn't see it.

I felt sympathy for the person who's pocket it had dropped out from for all of 5 seconds, then I set about putting it to excellent use "

As long as its destiny was fulfilled x

» Add a new message to this topic