FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rate your meat

Rate your meat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obilebottom OP   Man 40 weeks ago

All over

I just went to get the meat from the butchers. To be honest it was not brilliant and could not rate it more than 5. So I declined and told him exactly how I like my meat. I will returm on Friday when he will hopefully present me with a better specimen. Where do you get your meat and is it high quality and meets your expectations? Obviously this thread is not for vegetarians

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

All over

I was looking for inspiration of where to get the best meat. Any supermarkets better than others or do you go to local butcher/farmshop?

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

Local butcher, prices are a bit higher, but the meat is excellent quality.

I don’t mind pricey meat.

By *inacolada3Couple 40 weeks ago

kettering

No joking, Aldi and Lidle kick ass, realy good quality meat x

By *ee04Man 40 weeks ago

Thurrock

I get meat from Tesco but if I want something special I go to Costco or the wholesale butcher. I used to work in the meat trade so am very picky when it comes to a beef fillet, lamb or steak

Chicken I’m not as fussy with.

All over

"No joking, Aldi and Lidle kick ass, realy good quality meat x "

Sure somevof it is. I did not like their big pork joints. They seemed to me as if they were pumped up with water. At least I thought so. Beef looked good though.

By *iker4RidingMan 40 weeks ago

Shipton bellinger

Aldi beef is outstanding

By *icecouple561Couple 40 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The butchers in this area aren't great. We used to use a butcher who was also a farmer they were so helpful in there. It's a pizza delivery shop now .

Waitrose butchers is pretty good you can get the less common cuts from them but Aldi and Lidl if you really check what you're buying can be excellent.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 40 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Aldi for me. When I was married my dad knew someone who worked at the abtoir and we would get huge pieces of beef for next to nothing. We used to cut it into joints and steaks.

Think it's illegal now to buy straight from the abtoir

By *ee04Man 40 weeks ago

Thurrock

"Aldi for me. When I was married my dad knew someone who worked at the abtoir and we would get huge pieces of beef for next to nothing. We used to cut it into joints and steaks.

Think it's illegal now to buy straight from the abtoir"

It’s not illegal as long as it has passed inspection. A lot of smaller abtoirs are wholesalers.

As long as the meat as passed fit for human consumption they can sell it.

I have friend who raises their own animals he takes them to a local slaughter house and pays the fee sor killing and hanging them collects.

Meat has to hang for a time before it sets. You can eat it before but it’s not at its best.

I just wish I could find somewhere that did smoked chicken.

Like why does no one do this??? but you can find it in that expensive eatery place over there that 'he' took me to.

I'm never dating a man that takes me to places I can't afford again....he's ruined me for chicken.

All over

"The butchers in this area aren't great. We used to use a butcher who was also a farmer they were so helpful in there. It's a pizza delivery shop now .

Waitrose butchers is pretty good you can get the less common cuts from them but Aldi and Lidl if you really check what you're buying can be excellent.

"

Same here. The excellent butcher that was near closed. The other two I don't rate. There is a good farmshop but about 15 miles away but might have to try that. The things you have to do these days for a good piece of meat

As has been said - Aldi's meat is far superior to say Tesco or Sainsbury.

However, Mr Moore the butcher in New Barnet, was excellent - given that you live 'all over' it should be easy to pop in there and get some meat.

Now if you want meat for your ferrets, the day old chicks and the rabbits from Honeybrook Farm are good value

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 40 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

From the local cemetery..yes it's always of the highest quality..

By *ee04Man 40 weeks ago

Thurrock

"I just wish I could find somewhere that did smoked chicken.

Like why does no one do this??? but you can find it in that expensive eatery place over there that 'he' took me to.

I'm never dating a man that takes me to places I can't afford again....he's ruined me for chicken. "

Smoke it yourself. I’ve never tried chicken from the smoker might have to see if I can get a handle on this next year when I fire it back up.

Nothing special needed just look on like and you can build your own smoker, happy days.

By *rispyDuckMan 40 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

My meat so good I literally have a shirt to prove it hahaha check my gallery

All over

"My meat so good I literally have a shirt to prove it hahaha check my gallery "

You certainly have

» Add a new message to this topic