FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Friendly northerners

Friendly northerners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *limBobStretchedPants OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I would like to discuss this notion that is up north are friendly folk. This is something I have championed for years that we are the friendliest people in the UK. Not originally from the north but I have adopted it having lived here for 25 years. But today somebody put this notion forward to me which I liked and kinda agreed with.

People in the north are not friendly. They are just bloody nosey and want to know everything about you and this comes accross as being friendly.

It tickled me and got me thinking that sounds pretty graspable as a concept. So what do you think? Are we friendly or just plain nosey lol.

Answers on a postcard to PO box only a laugh dot com ha ha

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

bunch of gits if you ask me

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

at least they get their baps out !!

By *lle adie 2Woman  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

Exxccuuuse me!!

This northern girl isnt nosey. And as for being nosey, i couldnt care a less what people are doing or up to..

And only friendly with certain people

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I lived in Lincs for a few years,and I gotta say I made loads of really good mates up there.

Down to earth no nonsense kind hearted people who'd do anything for their friends.

But I think you get treated as you treat others anyway...I've made lots of good mates back down here in Kent,although I do find folk are more reserved.

bristol

darlo .... ooohhhh errrr ... is their still that sex shop at the train station where guys go in with macs on ... yikes !!!

Newcastle

"darlo .... ooohhhh errrr ... is their still that sex shop at the train station where guys go in with macs on ... yikes !!! "

Ha ha ha yeah it is lol. First sex shop I ever had the courage to go in as an 18 year old lol. Fucking weird place it was.!!! How on earth do you know it??

bristol

"darlo .... ooohhhh errrr ... is their still that sex shop at the train station where guys go in with macs on ... yikes !!!

Ha ha ha yeah it is lol. First sex shop I ever had the courage to go in as an 18 year old lol. Fucking weird place it was.!!! How on earth do you know it??"

i was the guy with the mac stood in the corner on your first visit ... whooooooo !!!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Having worked and lived in different parts of the UK over the past 40 years, I suppose there is a tendency of the "urban myth" that those "Oop North" are world's apart from the Southerners.

In many ways, I daresay it's how you approach everyone that determines any form of reaction.

But I noticed a difference when after working in London for a few years, I was transferred within the company to Edinburgh. My new boss was showing me around and said, "Why are you rushing about? This isn't London; the pace of life here is slower!" And he was right.

People there had more time for you. When I settled in Hull in 1990, I found there that people, all total strangers, talked to you without any reservations. on the bus, in the pub, in shops and so on. I knew my neighbours from virtually day one.

Down South, there is a tendency that everyone has to have their own "space" and even if you hint at talking out of the blue, you're invading their privacy and they hold back, withdrawing into their own little cocoon like world.

Plus everyone seems to rush around as if the world is about to end tomorrow; up north, it is more laid back and people take their time.

I still have my home in Hull, but work down south from necessity, as that is where the work is as opposed to the North East. But if I'd my choice, I'd stay in the North anytime.

Now puts Tin Hat on and awaits wrath of "Southerners"!

I don't think there is a difference with northern or southern people. I was born and raised in manchester but now live down south. I've found that if you treat people as you would like to be treated then most folk are friendly no matter where they are from...

I'm a typical Northerner

Not nosy but Friendly and yes I talk to anyone

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

It's a load of rubbish, wherever you go in the country you will find those that are friendly, and those that are unfriendly.....

By *ohn Wilson96Man  over a year ago

from inside your wardrobe

Having worked all over the country for many many years, there is an element of truth in this, although I found its not the fact that northerners are more friendly I think it's just that they more open to conversation and interaction. Which makes them appear to be more friendly.

I am both friendly AND nosey

The sign of a true northerner

By *ickndomCouple  over a year ago

Wimborne

Originally from Staffordshire, but having worked all over the country i'm in the northerners are friendlier and more straight forward than the southerns

We have also lived abroad and find other nations friendly/nosie, We have only lived here in Dorset for 5 months but so far I talk almost daily to two neighbours, 1 from notts and 1 a Gurkha, I have spoken to the three southerners who live across the road, the first over the garden gate within days of moving in, since then if I see him he blanks me, there is a younger couple who we invite for a few beve's they said they get back to us that was a month ago and the other we speak to regularly on FB but not in the street and they never invite us in there house but do come in ours.

There is a fella/neighbour I talk to on a sunday morning has we wash the cars who comes from Bournemouth, he pritty chatty, must ask him which northern city hes originally from

guess you could say the southerners are more reserved, but has a northern lad i'd say they're miserable fuckers

So is the midlands north or south???

Midlanders are the most friendly as we don't have any airs or graces hence talking in yam yam lol

We, re in the north and I, m ( female ) not nosey at all but like to think I, m friendly ........tho hubby says I can be a little sarcastic and blunt lol , must be my southern roots coming thru .......only kidding and ducks for cover .........I, m nice really .

Wimborne

another observation is have a barbie up north there no posh table with nibbles and dressing and theres just one or two barbies together and everyone cooks everyone elses food and eats what they want,loads of tinnies and wine,

Down south they all talk of taking their own food and drink, cooking it on their own barbies and then sitting together to eat it and we won't mention who's more PC, but it ain't the northerns lol

Im friendly .. I think anyway

wouldn't say i was nosey though

"Having worked and lived in different parts of the UK over the past 40 years, I suppose there is a tendency of the "urban myth" that those "Oop North" are world's apart from the Southerners.

In many ways, I daresay it's how you approach everyone that determines any form of reaction.

But I noticed a difference when after working in London for a few years, I was transferred within the company to Edinburgh. My new boss was showing me around and said, "Why are you rushing about? This isn't London; the pace of life here is slower!" And he was right.

People there had more time for you. When I settled in Hull in 1990, I found there that people, all total strangers, talked to you without any reservations. on the bus, in the pub, in shops and so on. I knew my neighbours from virtually day one.

Down South, there is a tendency that everyone has to have their own "space" and even if you hint at talking out of the blue, you're invading their privacy and they hold back, withdrawing into their own little cocoon like world.

Plus everyone seems to rush around as if the world is about to end tomorrow; up north, it is more laid back and people take their time.

I still have my home in Hull, but work down south from necessity, as that is where the work is as opposed to the North East. But if I'd my choice, I'd stay in the North anytime.

Now puts Tin Hat on and awaits wrath of "Southerners"!

"

I'd agree with that. 'Ooop Norf' people generally seem to have more time for one another, which is often taken for being more friendly. Have some great friends North of Watford, so I am going to restrict my comments to this!! I want to be invited back ffs!!

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

as a northerner i would be biased and agree, but i have lived in eastbourne and you cant get much further south than that.....southerners boil my piss, they just dont have same humour and as for being nosy northerners, cant say I agree....i am far from nosy and find that if people wanna tell you their life story its not cos they are forced, but wanna get something off their chest and feel like you are a good listener

"as a northerner i would be biased and agree, but i have lived in eastbourne and you cant get much further south than that.....southerners boil my piss, they just dont have same humour and as for being nosy northerners, cant say I agree....i am far from nosy and find that if people wanna tell you their life story its not cos they are forced, but wanna get something off their chest and feel like you are a good listener"

I have now acquired a new phrase for my repetoire.... 'boil my piss'... can't wait for the Church Repairs Committee meeting to use that one.....

Born a southerner, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else but north of Nottingham, unfortunately had to move southish for work and now spend every day looking to move back. So hoping it doesn't take too long!!!!

However, there are always exceptions to the rule but the ratio of nice people to complete and utter ingnorant wankers wankers is much higher, especially in out supposedly great capital

Rant Over!!!!

Torquay

Down this way we have people from all over the country moving in, personally I don't see any real difference in their friendliness and attitudes, like I said before you get friendly Northerners and you get miserable Northerners, the same as people from anywhere in the country that have relocated down here....

It's an urban myth that there is any difference.

Wimborne

""southerners boil my piss""

Love that, reminds me of saying like "face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle" or taken from an argument between two northern lass's " would give you the steam of my shit"

Makes me Laugh, maybe I need help.

Worst place I've lived and found them arrogant and up their own arses is St Albans.

Having lived in London and travelled on Public Transport lots, it made me realise they don't ever queue either

The only reason a northerner speaks to you so much is because he's distracting you while his friend robs your house.

"The only reason a northerner speaks to you so much is because he's distracting you while his friend robs your house. "

That nearly made me choke on my toast lol

Newcastle

"The only reason a northerner speaks to you so much is because he's distracting you while his friend robs your house.

That nearly made me choke on my toast lol "

Ha ha ha that actually made me lol!!!

hear all see all say nowt eat all sup all pay nowt

By *arlmanMan  over a year ago

Southend

Born and bred notherner but I lived London and SE for 15 years and still travel all over. As someone all ready said there is good and bad everywhere, the pace of life is more hectic especially around london which gives people less free time so maybe come across less freindly but i have good freinds around the country.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I am from the North East and there are some right farkin carnts up here. I think they are everywhere.

I cant understand a word you lot say half the time.....anyway time for me everyone's a winner and a few aristotles of Nelson Mandela!!!! Followed by a cheeky bit of hows ya father with the old trouble and strife!!!! Lmaoooo

Wimborne

"The only reason a northerner speaks to you so much is because he's distracting you while his friend robs your house. "

Thats why we speak to the southerns yes, we don't do that to our own mainly cus we have fack all to nick

Don't see theres much of an argument here, theres certainly more support for the north

"The only reason a northerner speaks to you so much is because he's distracting you while his friend robs your house.

Thats why we speak to the southerns yes, we don't do that to our own mainly cus we have fack all to nick

Don't see theres much of an argument here, theres certainly more support for the north "

Wait until after five when all the southerners get home from work and we'll get a clearer picture then.

Personally i think it's more a social class thing,than your actual location. If you stick with your own,you can't go far wrong.

Well at the minute I'm doing a job in Norway. Doesn't get much more northern than this the people here are absolutely fantastic. I would happily live here forever. Juergen smergen biorgen xx

Don't see theres much of an argument here, theres certainly more support for the north

Wait until after five when all the southerners get home from work and we'll get a clearer picture then. "

Can't wait! I'll have my text speak dictionary at the ready

Coming from Liverpool and working all over the UK, I would agree that Northerners are more friendly than southerners.

You go into a pub up north and people will talk to you, I went into a pub in Chichester and the only person who spoke to me apart from the staff was a Mancunian. He was greatful of someone to talk to, but also he could understand me as well.

I would say northerners are more friendly and down to earth than other places in the UK, i do like the Scottish folk as well.

Northerners or nothen males in specific are far better endowed than southern ones so they are naturally happier and have something to sing about. I think that's where the cock of the north may come from.

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

You're all southerners to me

"Northerners or nothen males in specific are far better endowed than southern ones so they are naturally happier and have something to sing about. I think that's where the cock of the north may come from. "

Is that why we call you massive pricks then ?

Cock of the north means the cockneys come up there and fucked you lot

I don't like people speaking on behalf of me when it comes down to my nature and my personality, especially when it just means lumping me in with everything connoted to bad experiences in the past or present.

I don't talk about the South when I join in such debates, I talk about London, that place where all the ideas that are made to systematically destroy the country come into action.

This country is still majorly great for its people when the television is switched off but the problem is that the idiots that think they know best and assume control of other peoples' lives look to the problems of London and they think that by judging their own people rather than their situations, that they have the masterplan to save us all from the shit they dropped us in.

But there's a reason you hate northerners being nosey. Nosiness didn't originate in northerners so much as it originated in boroughs, small towns and villages in a time when people didn't need the media to tell them the regional news and when life wasn't a huge clusterfuck event involving millions of people rubbing shoulder to shoulder and trying to fuck each other over just to earn a living.

Also, the face of industrialism - that little thing that is now proving to be that one huge missing component in this country in a time of need - was more commonly associated with the north. We were the lifeblood of industrialism for hundreds of years. Liverpool was also the first place in England to give the slaves their freedom and set the precedent for equality.

People were proud to work for a living and there was most always a job available, at least never so many people out of work and being labelled scroungers by the very bastards that put them in that situation when they sold us out for a quick backhander. Because yes, executive types in white shirts and fancy ties do actually get paid to put people out on the street.

If concern is now misconstrued as nosiness, it's because you're halfway between caring and becoming as casually ignorant as the general population of London where "bigger and more important issues" (such as how politics and corporatism will next fuck you in the ass while you sleep) are shoved down your throat so often that you forget you are actually sucking on a VIP select bag of old mens' dicks 24/7.

The north is becoming as overdeveloped as that particular area in the south and the community spirit is being shit on from a great height because nobody can support each other like they used to be able to when times were simpler. We do not live in happy times and we are being forced into the same aimless rat race as the rest of the country to make up for the fact that somebody gambled our livelihoods away on a get rich quick scam.

Joining in the old debate as to which side of the poverty line you hate the most, or which county or region etc is as good as joining a conversation by saying 'well I'm NOT a racist, however...'

Go shave your head and wear a union jack because if those are your views, you don't belong on either side of the line!

"I don't like people speaking on behalf of me when it comes down to my nature and my personality, especially when it just means lumping me in with everything connoted to bad experiences in the past or present.

I don't talk about the South when I join in such debates, I talk about London, that place where all the ideas that are made to systematically destroy the country come into action.

This country is still majorly great for its people when the television is switched off but the problem is that the idiots that think they know best and assume control of other peoples' lives look to the problems of London and they think that by judging their own people rather than their situations, that they have the masterplan to save us all from the shit they dropped us in.

But there's a reason you hate northerners being nosey. Nosiness didn't originate in northerners so much as it originated in boroughs, small towns and villages in a time when people didn't need the media to tell them the regional news and when life wasn't a huge clusterfuck event involving millions of people rubbing shoulder to shoulder and trying to fuck each other over just to earn a living.

Also, the face of industrialism - that little thing that is now proving to be that one huge missing component in this country in a time of need - was more commonly associated with the north. We were the lifeblood of industrialism for hundreds of years. Liverpool was also the first place in England to give the slaves their freedom and set the precedent for equality.

People were proud to work for a living and there was most always a job available, at least never so many people out of work and being labelled scroungers by the very bastards that put them in that situation when they sold us out for a quick backhander. Because yes, executive types in white shirts and fancy ties do actually get paid to put people out on the street.

If concern is now misconstrued as nosiness, it's because you're halfway between caring and becoming as casually ignorant as the general population of London where "bigger and more important issues" (such as how politics and corporatism will next fuck you in the ass while you sleep) are shoved down your throat so often that you forget you are actually sucking on a VIP select bag of old mens' dicks 24/7.

The north is becoming as overdeveloped as that particular area in the south and the community spirit is being shit on from a great height because nobody can support each other like they used to be able to when times were simpler. We do not live in happy times and we are being forced into the same aimless rat race as the rest of the country to make up for the fact that somebody gambled our livelihoods away on a get rich quick scam.

Joining in the old debate as to which side of the poverty line you hate the most, or which county or region etc is as good as joining a conversation by saying 'well I'm NOT a racist, however...'

Go shave your head and wear a union jack because if those are your views, you don't belong on either side of the line!"

I think someone needs a hug.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I don't like people speaking on behalf of me when it comes down to my nature and my personality, especially when it just means lumping me in with everything connoted to bad experiences in the past or present.

Go shave your head and wear a union jack because if those are your views, you don't belong on either side of the line!

I think someone needs a hug. "

I prefer people in the West - they have a different angle on things!

I've lived up north for a year now and never met a more friendlier folk. I'm from Devon originally, but lived in London most of my life.... Southerners can be in general a miserable ignorant beast at the best if times... No one smiles or says hello, if you smile at someone on the street down south you avoided like the plague and given a strange sideways glance.... Oooop north however they smile back and even say hello

"I've lived up north for a year now and never met a more friendlier folk. I'm from Devon originally, but lived in London most of my life.... Southerners can be in general a miserable ignorant beast at the best if times... No one smiles or says hello, if you smile at someone on the street down south you avoided like the plague and given a strange sideways glance.... Oooop north however they smile back and even say hello "

Yorkshire? LOL

"I've lived up north for a year now and never met a more friendlier folk. I'm from Devon originally, but lived in London most of my life.... Southerners can be in general a miserable ignorant beast at the best if times... No one smiles or says hello, if you smile at someone on the street down south you avoided like the plague and given a strange sideways glance.... Oooop north however they smile back and even say hello

Yorkshire? LOL"

Nope just up north in general.... Know lots of friendly lovely people from all over the north, mainly non swingers lol

"I've lived up north for a year now and never met a more friendlier folk. I'm from Devon originally, but lived in London most of my life.... Southerners can be in general a miserable ignorant beast at the best if times... No one smiles or says hello, if you smile at someone on the street down south you avoided like the plague and given a strange sideways glance.... Oooop north however they smile back and even say hello

Yorkshire? LOL

Nope just up north in general.... Know lots of friendly lovely people from all over the north, mainly non swingers lol "

What I am saying is Yorkshire people are not known for being overtly friendly - I should know. My grandma was Yorkshire woman.

Im not nosey im friendly now what you wearing and what's for tea?

I was previously a bus wanker send every time I would leave the bus I would thank the driver "cheers mate".

I was in London and using a bus and did exactly the same as I would on a bus up north an the bus drivers response was "I'm not your mate"

Yorkshire? LOL

Nope just up north in general.... Know lots of friendly lovely people from all over the north, mainly non swingers lol

What I am saying is Yorkshire people are not known for being overtly friendly - I should know. My grandma was Yorkshire woman."

Ahhhh wrong end of the stick. Not met a miserable person from Yorkshire yet, but there is still plenty of time left lol

Torquay

"I've lived up north for a year now and never met a more friendlier folk. I'm from Devon originally, but lived in London most of my life.... Southerners can be in general a miserable ignorant beast at the best if times... No one smiles or says hello, if you smile at someone on the street down south you avoided like the plague and given a strange sideways glance.... Oooop north however they smile back and even say hello "

What a ridicilous generalisation.....

These forums do make me laugh at times, if you lived in London for most of your life you will know very well that just like in the 'North' there are many close knit communities in the traditional working class areas of London....to deny that fact is in itself ignorance.

"Im not nosey im friendly now what you wearing and what's for tea?"

Nothing.... And sausage and mash with the obligatory onion gravy lol

Yorkshire? LOL

What I am saying is Yorkshire people are not known for being overtly friendly - I should know. My grandma was Yorkshire woman.

Ahhhh wrong end of the stick. Not met a miserable person from Yorkshire yet, but there is still plenty of time left lol "

Don't get me wrong - love Yorkshire people. Very down-to-earth, no-nonsense and direct. But hardly effusive in the friendship department.

I only like sausages mash is rank

These forums do make me laugh at times, if you lived in London for most of your life you will know very well that just like in the 'North' there are many close knit communities in the traditional working class areas of London....to deny that fact is in itself ignorance.

"

This is not a typical generalisation it's experience of the big smoke... People are always in a hurry and like most cities your considered wierd if you say hi to someone on the street... You don't get a friendly hello!!! Have you lived in London???? I have and witnessed this all first hand for many years.... Moved to burton and always got a friendly hello back.... Go figure!!

Yorkshire? LOL

Ahhhh wrong end of the stick. Not met a miserable person from Yorkshire yet, but there is still plenty of time left lol

Don't get me wrong - love Yorkshire people. Very down-to-earth, no-nonsense and direct. But hardly effusive in the friendship department."

I'm not going to argue there, think I've just been lucky with the friends I have in Leeds, Halifax and Barnsley... To name a few places... All great, warm and always welcoming

"I only like sausages mash is rank"

I'm not a lover of mash, hence the onion gravy... If it swimming in it I can eat it lol.... Sloppy meals are sometimes the best

Torquay

This is not a typical generalisation it's experience of the big smoke... People are always in a hurry and like most cities your considered wierd if you say hi to someone on the street... You don't get a friendly hello!!! Have you lived in London???? I have and witnessed this all first hand for many years.... Moved to burton and always got a friendly hello back.... Go figure!!"

Yes, lived and worked in London for most of my life....was there just last weekend and the weekend before that on business and don't recognise the London you describe where people don't talk to each other....as I said, a ridiculous generalisation.

Yes it's busy, yes people are very often in a hurry, but that's in the City and West End of London....where incidentally most of the people are commuters/workers or tourists....most Londoners live in the outskirts, but you must know that having lived for most of your life in London.

I was brought up in the east end of London. Local close nit communities, with the great British spirit.... That said was still wierd when i was open and chatty with strangers. Something I always did and still do. I've no shame in talking to anyone if they choose to be rude there loss not mine.... What I was getting at originally is I found those from the north of England to be far more friendlier and openly chatty than those in the south....

By *emon tart Double creamCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Yorkshire? LOL

Don't get me wrong - love Yorkshire people. Very down-to-earth, no-nonsense and direct. But hardly effusive in the friendship department."

I can vouch for that.... Im not from round here and back home if a person with a different accent walked into a pub they would have people asking questions and making conversations.... I've yet to have a person from Yorkshire even ask me a question....

How very rude of you to call southerners ignorant beasts. Have you no manners at all ?

How very rude of you to call southerners ignorant beasts. Have you no manners at all ? "

I was brought up with the best of manners and still use them... I am a southerner and the statement was made as a generalisation not pointed at all southerners.... The word beasts was probably said out of context and for that I appologise

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yorkshire? LOL

Don't get me wrong - love Yorkshire people. Very down-to-earth, no-nonsense and direct. But hardly effusive in the friendship department.

I can vouch for that.... Im not from round here and back home if a person with a different accent walked into a pub they would have people asking questions and making conversations.... I've yet to have a person from Yorkshire even ask me a question.... "

Thats because you're not LOCAL!

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Yorkies are funny buggers, thank feck for the 'umber

Wolf

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

We in "the north" arnt friendly its a mith its a dog eat dog world...

& i got a big frikkin dog

Annyyyyhoooo keep smiling

"

I can vouch for that.... Im not from round here and back home if a person with a different accent walked into a pub they would have people asking questions and making conversations.... I've yet to have a person from Yorkshire even ask me a question.... "

They will have asked, you just failed to understand the accent and missed it.

Newcastle

So did we decide once and for all are us up north friendly or just plain nosey lol

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

As a humble midlander, I can say that without a question of doubt, that there are are friendly peeps north & south of me, but you all talk with funny accents

"As a humble midlander, I can say that without a question of doubt, that there are are friendly peeps north & south of me, but you all talk with funny accents "

Lol think they mean north & south of the country, not sandwiched in the middle of a 3sum

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Lol think they mean north & south of the country, not sandwiched in the middle of a 3sum "

Hey, in a 3some situation, I am the friendliest guy around and I couldn't give two hoots what they sound like

Northern folk are only friendly because we are trying to work out how best to rob you.

Just done a highly scientific analysis of this thread,

It would seem there are lots of southeners agreeing that northeners are more friendly, but you'd struggle to find it the otherway round!

Speaks volumes to me!

"Just done a highly scientific analysis of this thread,

It would seem there are lots of southeners agreeing that northeners are more friendly, but you'd struggle to find it the otherway round!

Speaks volumes to me!"

But I think you overlooked the other interesting point that came from this thread, that the people from Yorkshire are the most unfriendly people on this fair island.

I think I was born in the wrong part of the country lol I should have been a northener - I am friendly and chat!!!!

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

The South starts at Stokesley and there be dragons north of Hartlepool. Kind regards from the PRT*

*Peoples Republic of Teesside

Torquay

Speaks volumes to me!

But I think you overlooked the other interesting point that came from this thread, that the people from Yorkshire are the most unfriendly people on this fair island. "

I think it's great that they don't think we are friendly in the South, it might encourage more of them to go back up North....deport em' all I say!

With all these Polish bricklayers in the country couldn't we rebuild Hadrians Wall but this time just above Birmingham?.....or Just below Birmingham if the Midlanders prefer it that way?

Speaks volumes to me!

But I think you overlooked the other interesting point that came from this thread, that the people from Yorkshire are the most unfriendly people on this fair island. "

No need and entirely untrue!

Torquay

"I think I was born in the wrong part of the country lol I should have been a northener - I am friendly and chat!!!! "

The Republic of Southern Britains can pay to relocate you further up country if you so desire.....but you can never come back once you have gone....

Speaks volumes to me!

But I think you overlooked the other interesting point that came from this thread, that the people from Yorkshire are the most unfriendly people on this fair island.

No need and entirely untrue! "

It wasn't us southerners that said it , it was your friendly neighbours from Lancashire so it must be true.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Wars Of The Roses Pt 2

"I think I was born in the wrong part of the country lol I should have been a northener - I am friendly and chat!!!!

The Republic of Southern Britains can pay to relocate you further up country if you so desire.....but you can never come back once you have gone.... "

I have managed to wiggle a long way East so far

There is more of a local community up north but not everyone is friendly the same as in other areas. I think people are more relaxed though and down to earth which shows through.

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

being a half half by birth can say I find it friendlier when I was a child and teenager but that's probs due to having loads of family there and not much in the south.

I think some towns have souls and others not. I know us southerners seem a bit distant at first but if you take the trouble to persist we are fine.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I have managed to wiggle a long way East so far "

And your bum looked fantastic during that process, wiggle it up to the Midlands

Newcastle

Sometimes you wonder what you have started lol a second war of the roses?? Re building Hadrians wall lol? Great ideas for sure.

Speaks volumes to me!

I think it's great that they don't think we are friendly in the South, it might encourage more of them to go back up North....deport em' all I say!

With all these Polish bricklayers in the country couldn't we rebuild Hadrians Wall but this time just above Birmingham?.....or Just below Birmingham if the Midlanders prefer it that way?

"

Just below Brum I'd say. Lets have a whip round for materials.

"I have managed to wiggle a long way East so far

And your bum looked fantastic during that process, wiggle it up to the Midlands "

might take a while - I get easily distracted

"I have managed to wiggle a long way East so far

And your bum looked fantastic during that process, wiggle it up to the Midlands "

might take a while - I get easily distracted

By *e nicerWoman  over a year ago

Costa del Medway

deja vu

By *eaverfeverCouple  over a year ago

nr Manchester

"deja vu "

Oh i am sorry.didnt see this post, i posted northern peeps!

I heard about a peice of research, the other day, which said Liverpool is now one of the least friendly cities in the country. I have to admit, having spent 10 years in good ol Brizzle before coming back up I really notice a change. I always found Manchester to be a funny old place, London isn't in this country any more and hasn't been for a long time but it's in the smallet cities, your Gloucester, Cheltenham, Warrington, St Helens that the cliches really come true.

Friendliest people though? The people of South Wales, no shadow of a doubt, in my humble experience anyway

» Add a new message to this topic