Anyone help with a down day:(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    41 weeks ago

Having a low and emotional day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entlemanrogueMan 41 weeks ago

Motherwell

"Having a low and emotional day "

At the very least, ypu are still, young, free, healthy and as a bonus reasonably handsome

By *enk15Man 41 weeks ago

Bidford On Avon

I don't have advice, but I just wanted to say, take care of yourself and hopefully tomorrow is a better for you

By *atnip make me purrWoman 41 weeks ago

Reading

Hugs

By *addyyBoyyCouple (MM) 41 weeks ago

stoke on trent

[Removed by poster at 15/12/23 12:30:12]

By *naswingdressWoman 41 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I hope you feel better soon.

I have two pieces of advice that help me when I'm struggling.

One is, find a time and space to let your emotions out. Even if it's just ten minutes in a room to have a bit of a cry or a wobble. It doesn't help to keep it all in. Ideally talk to someone you trust about it.

The second is to find three things that you're grateful for, or that make you happy, and really try to lean into how and why they make you happy. Even if it's a piece of chocolate or a stranger smiling at you. Cultivating those feelings really helps, and it doesn't matter if it's not anything important.

This is the basis of how I build the strength to carry on when I'm struggling.

By *obilebottomMan 41 weeks ago

All over

Sorry to hear. Do something nice for yourself, talk to someone close to uoubor even on hear. Hopefully feel better soon

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"I hope you feel better soon.

One is, find a time and space to let your emotions out. Even if it's just ten minutes in a room to have a bit of a cry or a wobble. It doesn't help to keep it all in. Ideally talk to someone you trust about it.

The second is to find three things that you're grateful for, or that make you happy, and really try to lean into how and why they make you happy. Even if it's a piece of chocolate or a stranger smiling at you. Cultivating those feelings really helps, and it doesn't matter if it's not anything important.

This is the basis of how I build the strength to carry on when I'm struggling."

Got to agree with all of this.

Have a cry. It will help. Allow yourself a little rumination and then find something to do. Get outside while it's still daylight (walking and running both help me). Write, stream of consciousness, journal, whatever is on your mind. Look after yourself x

By *linkysallyWoman 41 weeks ago

Solihull

You've made the first step to feeling better - sharing the crappy feeling. Keep on keeping on. Hugs x

By *he turned me GreyCouple 41 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Take some time for yourself, and allow the emotions to be, just let them in, host them for as long as they want to stay, don't fight them. Allow them to take their course, this will pass.

Mr

By *ong-leggedblondWoman 41 weeks ago

Next Door

This is the basis of how I build the strength to carry on when I'm struggling.

Got to agree with all of this.

Have a cry. It will help. Allow yourself a little rumination and then find something to do. Get outside while it's still daylight (walking and running both help me). Write, stream of consciousness, journal, whatever is on your mind. Look after yourself x"

Great advise, I use similar myself

By *ools and the brainCouple 41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

If you can take yourself out of your current environment, maybe go for a coffee be around people and just people watch, or I find going to a place where people are walking dog's just watching the dog's run around without a care in the world really makes you appreciate the simple things.

Failing that cake or panda's.

An emergency panda video accompanied by some cake Will hopefully suffice.

Good luck and take care.

Thank you everyone for you kind messages feeling a little better but not 100% but I appreciate the help nice to know people care xx

By *hrek101Man 41 weeks ago

Herts

I feel you my man, know your not alone in feeling that way. We all have our dark days. This afternoon the clouds started to darken. I'm hitting the gym to lift myself.

By *r_reusMan 41 weeks ago

Coventry

Everyone struggles at points in their lives, so don't beat yourself up about it, accept that there are going to be hard times, hunker down and fight through them.

They will pass.

By *avinaTVTV/TS 41 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"Thank you everyone for you kind messages feeling a little better but not 100% but I appreciate the help nice to know people care xx"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 41 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Hope you pick up soon op. Bit of an emotional day for me also. I went and laid the wreaths for my dad and my beloved

Oddly enough, me and you both today, OP

I’m just off into work for my nightshift and my crazy colleagues always seem to raise a laugh so just going to plough on here

Take it easy, breathe, tomorrow is another day

My inbox is open if you need a metaphorical ear to bend.

By *hrimper36Couple 41 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

If you can get outside in the fresh air and wonder in it’s beauty unless you live in a shithole of course.

Talk talk talk.

If you need to chat I’m always around but I’m (T) a man and only available for an ear to talk to you.

Easy to say but things can and do get better and I speak from experience because I’m alive and happy.

Best wishes op.

T

By *educing_EmCouple 41 weeks ago

Tipperary

Tomorrow is another day OP, hope you're feeling better soon.

Em x

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 41 weeks ago

Leeds

Sorry you are having a down day, maybe pop some good music on or try go out for a bit that's usually my go to for down days.

Hope you feel better OP.

Mrs

By *ealMissShadyWoman 41 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Ah this feeling will pass. Do something you enjoy, surround yourself with people who care and be kind to yourself

This was me yesterday, I could not stop crying, several breakdowns and existential crisis later home.

I just dont know what was wrong and then I got frustrated with myself and ignored myself until bedtime.

Woke up today fine and has had a great day today x

Thank you everybody means a lot to know people are they even just for a rant! X

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 41 weeks ago

Southampton

Feel free to message me op

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

Sometimes it’s okay to let yourself feel bad for awhile sorry about whatever is getting you down x

By *olf and RedCouple 41 weeks ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

OP - sorry to hear your having one of those days. Like others have said, it’s ok not to be ok. A really good website is by CALM which is the campaign against living miserably and they have a resource to help with living through an anxious Christmas plus lots of other good advice. I wasn’t sure if I could share the website link.

Red x

By *IG G77Man 41 weeks ago

GATLEY

Think of doing one thing that you like doing take time for yourself

Sorry youre having a bad day

By *yesgreenMan 41 weeks ago

north and south

"Having a low and emotional day

Sometimes it’s okay to let yourself feel bad for awhile sorry about whatever is getting you down x"

laughing and crying coming from the same Area of the body so you can cry till you laugh or laugh till you cry , but talking with a friend or even on here is helping, So take care of yourself, Christmas is only one day

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 41 weeks ago

St Leonards

This is the basis of how I build the strength to carry on when I'm struggling."

This is brilliant advice.

And also, try this.

Click, open, and other people are doing a lot of work for two minutes to make us laugh.

https://youtu.be/CLjQ7vZqrnw?si=ND7uCJa5jPMUeSFq

By *inky ChefMan 41 weeks ago

Norwich

Tomorrow is probably better, but sometimes worse.

The good news is, if you hit rock bottom, then it will get only better.

The sweet spot is when you hit the "I don't give a fuck" period.

Then you don't feel really good, but really bad either.

Not sure it makes sense or it helps, but that's all I have today.

Sorry! Take care!

Honestly thank you so much everyone!!!

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 41 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Honestly thank you so much everyone!!!"

You're very welcome. It can come and go a bit, so if it comes again, make an appearance here and someone will either say something that will help, or something stupid that will make you groan...and that can help too .

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 41 weeks ago

Southampton

Anytime xx

By *cottish guy 555Man 41 weeks ago

London

Know that you are not alone in feeling this way and it affects most people whether they show it or not. Been struggling myself recently and went to a social last night.

Unusually and rather awkwardly I seemed to be having an anxiety attack all evening. But I consider it a win to have gone and stayed and will try another tomorrow.

Take care of yourself and accept that no matter how small, focus on the positives and remember them. Always happy to chat to anyone feeling low

By *ou only live onceMan 41 weeks ago

London

Hope you're feeling better, OP. We all have down days. Sometimes you just need to get through them and remember tomorrow is a new day.

But if you find them becoming more frequent, or down days becoming down weeks, make sure you go and speak to your GP, in the same way you would if a physical pain in your leg wasn't getting better!

By *eacefulWizardMan 41 weeks ago

Champéry, Switzerland

Take time to feel all the emotions, release them... What doesn't come out, is written in.

And remember... Whatever you're going through, as rough as it may be... With time...

This too shall pass.

By *amierebelMan 41 weeks ago

nae danger.

Hope youre feeling better pal, nothing worse had it myself recently feeling amazing for months on end then boom mental health just slapped me a belter right in the face hadn't felt that bad since my teens. Nice to see people being supportive on here

» Add a new message to this topic