FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Female Premier Leauge Ref

Female Premier Leauge Ref

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that the first female. Will referee the football in the Premier League which was actually known as Division 1 before they changed it's name. Good luck to her but will see these footballers swearing at her like they do the men,? Send the buggers off. Tom was taught not to swear in front of ladies. Can't wait to see her first match. What's going on here guys. It's all over the news. Should men swear at or in front of a lady ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

No it's always best to mutter it under your breath.

If like most refs she's come through the leagues I'm sure she's heard it all before. If they wish to stop it.. Ref's have the laws to stop any abuse its up to them to enforce it

By *illy IdolMan 41 weeks ago

Midlands

"Reports that the first female. Will referee the football in the Premier League which was actually known as Division 1 before they changed it's name. Good luck to her but will see these footballers swearing at her like they do the men,? Send the buggers off. Tom was taught not to swear in front of ladies. Can't wait to see her first match. What's going on here guys. It's all over the news. Should men swear at or in front of a lady ?"

Who is it? Eve?

By *ndycoinsMan 41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Can she pass a corner flag without washing it,ironing it or spitting on it and wiping someone's face with it?What if the white of the goalposts doesn't match the white lines?The colour of the grass doesn't compliment her top?Perhaps the home dugout needs a valance and a dish with coloured glass beads in it.Or some doilies.

By *heGateKeeperMan 41 weeks ago

Stratford

She’ll be under immense scrutiny but if she’s as good as Sian Ellis Massey then she’ll do alright

By *ee04Man 41 weeks ago

Thurrock

Male/Female it doesn’t matter as long as the know the laws of the game.

That being said a ref in a box with video play back can’t get it right and consistent who the fuck can.

We need to get rid of VAR and just go back to a ref wether male or female or them makes no difference as long as they are fair and consistent.

By *addad99Man 41 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

All I'll say is I'm with joey

By *inaTitzTV/TS 41 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

This is long overdue

By *glyBettyTV/TS 41 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

As long as it's not a box-ticking exercise & she's there because she's competent, I couldn't care less.

VAR is the true scourge on the game that needs to be done away with ASAP.

By *aomilatteCouple 41 weeks ago

Midlands

Apparently Joey Barton is giving her a lift to the ground (unconfirmed).

By *ackformore100Man 41 weeks ago

Tin town

"Reports that the first female. Will referee the football in the Premier League which was actually known as Division 1 before they changed it's name. Good luck to her but will see these footballers swearing at her like they do the men,? Send the buggers off. Tom was taught not to swear in front of ladies. Can't wait to see her first match. What's going on here guys. It's all over the news. Should men swear at or in front of a lady ?"

Apparently swearing and assault are "part of the game". Whilst rugby is still a long way ahead of football in this... Its getting much worse in rugby too.

We've had female refs for quite a while now and nobody bat's an eyelid. If they are good enough they get the gig.

I think the authorities have dropped a bollock on this one though by making it a big deal.

It really isn't a big deal. If they make it a big deal, then so will everyone else, the knuckle draggers more than ever.

Good luck to her anyway. Who'd be a ref!?

Stratford

It’s crazy that when you conform to the norm, or you’re in a minority, the first thing people assume when you get a chance is that you’re just there to tick a box

By *ee04Man 41 weeks ago

Thurrock

"It’s crazy that when you conform to the norm, or you’re in a minority, the first thing people assume when you get a chance is that you’re just there to tick a box "

I would agree with you. Unfortunately I have seen this happen and very recently. A vacancy was advertised where I work, the only applicants were male.

The vacancy was readvertised and makers were told to find females as all the current roles in this team were male and they needed females to balance the role.

Qualification for the role was secondary to the sex of the applicants.

I have no issue with sex colour creed etc.

however a position should be given to the best person to fulfil it irrelevant of any other factor.

I think it’s gonna cause issues at first because there’s a lot of rules in football and the refs decision needs to be based on logic not emotion or feelings

But I think eventually it’ll sort itself out as they become more familiar with the sport

Stratford

"It’s crazy that when you conform to the norm, or you’re in a minority, the first thing people assume when you get a chance is that you’re just there to tick a box

I would agree with you. Unfortunately I have seen this happen and very recently. A vacancy was advertised where I work, the only applicants were male.

The vacancy was readvertised and makers were told to find females as all the current roles in this team were male and they needed females to balance the role.

however a position should be given to the best person to fulfil it irrelevant of any other factor. "

I suppose it’s context though in some regard.

Where I work all applications are blind, so I don’t see name, age, race, gender or anything else that could support conscious or un*onscious bias.

as a hiring manager my decision to shortlist to interview stage is based on the quality of the application and supporting statement and not those other factors. It doesn’t mean you can’t work some stuff out (ie when did they go to school to work out age, did they go to a faith school etc but it certainly makes the initial phasing a lot fairer.

In relation to your situation, again it’s context but maybe the wording of the original application was not inclusive and thus deterred women from applying in the first place. A couple of simple tweaks and a re-advert can sort that right out

By *ackformore100Man 41 weeks ago

Tin town

"It’s crazy that when you conform to the norm, or you’re in a minority, the first thing people assume when you get a chance is that you’re just there to tick a box "

Not crazy at all. Happens all the time and more than ever in populist visible jobs. Sad but true.

"It’s crazy that when you conform to the norm, or you’re in a minority, the first thing people assume when you get a chance is that you’re just there to tick a box

however a position should be given to the best person to fulfil it irrelevant of any other factor.

I suppose it’s context though in some regard.

Where I work all applications are blind, so I don’t see name, age, race, gender or anything else that could support conscious or un*onscious bias.

as a hiring manager my decision to shortlist to interview stage is based on the quality of the application and supporting statement and not those other factors. It doesn’t mean you can’t work some stuff out (ie when did they go to school to work out age, did they go to a faith school etc but it certainly makes the initial phasing a lot fairer.

In relation to your situation, again it’s context but maybe the wording of the original application was not inclusive and thus deterred women from applying in the first place. A couple of simple tweaks and a re-advert can sort that right out "

I think there’s been a few hiring scandals just this year about racist hiring practises

The RAF was 1st saying they weren’t hiring white men

Aviva boss just came out admitting that white candidates get put to the back

It’s a strange world

By *illan-KillashMan 41 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"I think it’s gonna cause issues at first because there’s a lot of rules in football and the refs decision needs to be based on logic not emotion or feelings

But I think eventually it’ll sort itself out as they become more familiar with the sport "

This comment wins today's Internet.

Well played Sir, well played.

By *ools and the brainCouple 41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I ask you, whatever next

Next you'll be telling me women can PLAY football

Stick to ironing and having babies

By *ndycoinsMan 41 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"I ask you, whatever next

Stick to ironing and having babies "

That is exactly what my mother said on hearing the news

By *ools and the brainCouple 41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"I ask you, whatever next

Stick to ironing and having babies

That is exactly what my mother said on hearing the news "

They'll be wanting equal pay next pffttt

By *addad99Man 41 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

Let's wait till a man turns up to ref a woman's game poor bloke

By *eavenNhellCouple 41 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

The ref concerned has already taken charge of efl and championship games as well as officiating at the womens world cup and womens fa cup final think she can handle it .i also note the first black referee since uria Rennie has been allocated some prem games .

» Add a new message to this topic