FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sum up your 2023 training year.

Sum up your 2023 training year.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 41 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It is almost the end of the year and it would be fun to know how your training have been this year, like, have you completed your training goals and what was it?

I have completed my goals and I have made good progress in the gym, one of my goals was to maintain my 6pack year round which I have done, it have been a challange, but I have made it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oofy321Man 41 weeks ago

moon base zero

By *stwo2023Couple 41 weeks ago

Worcester

Didn't really set any goals but have been consistent in the gym and have made progress in my Burpees lol

I completed a month long skipping challenge doing 200 skips a day but think that's buggered my knee up!

Lifting is going well with some small improvements to my one rep max lifts so I'm happy with that.

My nutrition is what I'm targeting next year!

Evie

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple 41 weeks ago

Coventry

Intermittent due to illness and injury. Not that I'm some kind of gym bunny (obvs). I don't have goals to keep. However I like the maintain a level of fitness for physical and mental health. Of which when I'm not training it's my mental wellbeing that takes the most noticeable hit. Hope next year I'll be able to maintain a more consistent training pattern across the year.

Mr

By *razytimesinloveCouple 41 weeks ago

SW Scotland

Taken on an actual coach instead of buying premade programs and although my lifts all initially dropped, my technique has improved massively and the weights are going back up.

I’ve managed 2nd place at a masters competition and competed at national level as well this year too

By *p4funCouple 41 weeks ago

Plymouth

Zero training

coffee and chocolate intake up

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

What's training?

Terrible.

Injuries and loss of mojo from other factors, have undone a huge amount of the progress I’d made. I’m almost starting from scratch.

By *929Man 41 weeks ago

newcastle

It’s been average, spent another year trying to get back to pre illness strength and size, it’s took way longer than I thought being young you seemed to bounce back way faster, pretty close now so a bit happier

By *zeroMan 41 weeks ago

Glasgow

A little disappointing. Various things stopped me from training at a regular frequency for periods of time. But now I'm focused on starting the year right.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 41 weeks ago

North West

I am pretty chuffed.

Late last year and early into this, my lifts were really restricted by a hip issue.

Despite that, I've done 3 national and an international masters competition this year.

I'm back lifting weights I was a decade ago.

I can't wait til 2024.

By *oeBeansMan 41 weeks ago

Derby

It's gone pretty well. I don't really set goals but more the idea to gradually improve my lifts and go more by aesthetics and I like to think I look a bit bigger than this time last year.

I think I'm in a weird in-between period though where I need to decide if I'm happy being how I am, or commit to a proper bulk in order to see an increase in muscle size, lifts... And fat and I'm not sure if I want that.

By *stwo2023Couple 41 weeks ago

Worcester

"I am pretty chuffed.

Late last year and early into this, my lifts were really restricted by a hip issue.

Despite that, I've done 3 national and an international masters competition this year.

I can't wait til 2024. "

I think I might want to do a comp next year. My local powerlifting branch Runs a development comp for people who have never competed before so might register for that when it comes up.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 41 weeks ago

North West

"I am pretty chuffed.

I can't wait til 2024.

I think I might want to do a comp next year. My local powerlifting branch Runs a development comp for people who have never competed before so might register for that when it comes up. "

. Whatever sport you do competing is ace. It gives training a whole new focus.

Go For It!!

By *ellhungvweMan 41 weeks ago

Cheltenham

My gym goal was to consistently get down the gym and put lean weight on. Job done.

By *osco78Man 41 weeks ago

Sheffield

Terrible , had a shoulder issue since covid that isn't getting better , done lots more cardio , but I'm tired of my arms looking like chicken wings

Tragic

Yes, I lost a few lbs while still maintaining the same weight lifts. Very happy

Man these emojis need to be larger. I keep hitting the wrong one like a bellend

By *weetiepie99Woman 41 weeks ago

cardiff

Well it started really well, for approx one day and then ended.

By *avinaTVTV/TS 41 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I can get the dog to bring me her ball about 40% of the time.

"Didn't really set any goals but have been consistent in the gym and have made progress in my Burpees lol

I completed a month long skipping challenge doing 200 skips a day but think that's buggered my knee up!

Lifting is going well with some small improvements to my one rep max lifts so I'm happy with that.

My nutrition is what I'm targeting next year!

Evie"

That is good to be consistent in the gym and well done for the small improvements, yes, the nutrition is a good goal to have as well for the next year too

Summer sexcersize

By *inky ChefMan 41 weeks ago

Norwich

Except the physio exercises, biking 7 miles a day and running around the kitchen?

None!

Planning to start weight training again, when my back can handle it.

Will remove the dust from the dumbells in 2024.

By *ee04Man 41 weeks ago

Thurrock

"I can get the dog to bring me her ball about 40% of the time."

This made me laugh, being a fellow dog parent.

By *rispyDuckMan 41 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

My training had been on and off this year! Took longer breaks between for recovery from few injuries & did a lot of travelling.

But overall been able to maintain, size, shape & got stronger esp with leg & chest exercises

"It is almost the end of the year and it would be fun to know how your training have been this year, like, have you completed your training goals and what was it?

I have completed my goals and I have made good progress in the gym, one of my goals was to maintain my 6pack year round which I have done, it have been a challange, but I have made it "

A good job well done. Have you set routine for abs training

My year mixed, completed a big marathon I wanted to. That took up a lot of budget which prevented me doing as much as I would like. Next year, wanna improve my core and flexibility which will further help my running

"It’s been average, spent another year trying to get back to pre illness strength and size, it’s took way longer than I thought being young you seemed to bounce back way faster, pretty close now so a bit happier "
That is good and yes, it can take some time to get back to how it was too.

By *rHotNottsMan 41 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s been a good year. I had no goals over than stay injury free and train consistently and enjoy it.

I’ve done it by dropping the weights a little & taken up boxing MMA and squash because it's fun & I hated cardio in the gym.

9 out of 10...After a period of neglect to gain to 95 kg then to cut to 84kg. Body fat was 26% now 14% chuffed didn't think I could do it anymore

By *atricia ParnelWoman 41 weeks ago

In a town full of colours

It's been a mobility pain in the arse (sciatica) type of year Shag

I've managed to keep up with my arms, legs and thighs muscle tone, but I have to be real careful with leg stretches, in case I pinch the nerve. Menopause has wiped out the midriff, so I'm not worrying about that till my hormones settle down again

I've started sitting up in bed to smoke now and I ran for a bus in May I think so yeah, it's come on a long way this year.

"It's been a mobility pain in the arse (sciatica) type of year Shag

I've managed to keep up with my arms, legs and thighs muscle tone, but I have to be real careful with leg stretches, in case I pinch the nerve. Menopause has wiped out the midriff, so I'm not worrying about that till my hormones settle down again "

Hi christena, yes, that sounds good to me that you have managed to keep it up too

By *929Man 41 weeks ago

newcastle

"It’s been average, spent another year trying to get back to pre illness strength and size, it’s took way longer than I thought being young you seemed to bounce back way faster, pretty close now so a bit happier That is good and yes, it can take some time to get back to how it was too."

Thank you friend what are your goals for the coming year mate?

Lost 2 stone ,now need to firm up, . Was really fit once , not kidding myself will never get my youth back at 61, but will get there to my goals

"It’s been average, spent another year trying to get back to pre illness strength and size, it’s took way longer than I thought being young you seemed to bounce back way faster, pretty close now so a bit happier That is good and yes, it can take some time to get back to how it was too.

Thank you friend what are your goals for the coming year mate?"

Yw pal, my goal for the next year, is more or less the same. I will try to maintain my 6pack and to increase my strength, how about you?

By *929Man 41 weeks ago

newcastle

"It’s been average, spent another year trying to get back to pre illness strength and size, it’s took way longer than I thought being young you seemed to bounce back way faster, pretty close now so a bit happier That is good and yes, it can take some time to get back to how it was too.

Thank you friend what are your goals for the coming year mate?Yw pal, my goal for the next year, is more or less the same. I will try to maintain my 6pack and to increase my strength, how about you?"

Good goals mate you are always in excellent shape. Next year would like to be body weight 110kg in same condition as now and hit 300kg for a single on the deadlift

By *uby StarCouple 41 weeks ago

Durham

Very hitty missy but I'm the exact same weight as I was 5 years ago so I'm happy with the fact I haven't put any weight on.

I do get some physical exercise in one of my jobs and I'm healthy so it could be a lot worse.

"I can get the dog to bring me her ball about 40% of the time."

My dog is appalling at recall. 2024 training goal.

Thank you friend what are your goals for the coming year mate?Yw pal, my goal for the next year, is more or less the same. I will try to maintain my 6pack and to increase my strength, how about you?

Good goals mate you are always in excellent shape. Next year would like to be body weight 110kg in same condition as now and hit 300kg for a single on the deadlift "

Ty pal and so are you, that is a good goal you have there to be that weight and to hit 300kg too.

I've gone from 2 reps of Doner kebab a week, to 4 reps. Pretty happy with those sustained gains and haven't needed to increase my protein intake.

» Add a new message to this topic