FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meeting a new partners kids

Meeting a new partners kids

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When is an appropriate time? Straight away or wait a while? Did you discuss it with your child's mum/dad or just go for it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Six months and i discussed it with his dad as he discussed it with me when he got into a full term relationship.

When my son met my new man then, i slowly told him about him and then he would speak to him on the phone. Then wwe arraged a day out without him coming back and sleeping here. Then i asked my son if it was ok for him to sleep over and made it perfectly clear that the guy wouldnt come between me and my son. My son was about 7/8 at the time and it worked well for us

Sounds like a good idea. Apologies for being a bitch to you yesterday x

"Sounds like a good idea. Apologies for being a bitch to you yesterday x"

lol, know worries that has been and gonexx

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

It is a tough one. My exes kids knew about me for a while and I had spoken to them on the phone. They knew who I was and that their dad was spending time with me. We went for a day out bowling and tea, relaxed. We didn;t show any affectio in front of them so as not to make them feel akward.

His ex took the kids to meet her new man on their 2nd date and they stayed over at his house.

I had my thoughts....

So in your opinion, you wouldn't think it was such a good idea for someone to move in with a woman and her 2 children 3 months after meeting? I also noticed a birthday card from the children to him with 'to a great stepdad' written on the front

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mum moved her new man in the day after my dad left! I was 7.

There should be more time and care taken with such matters but unfortunately it doesn't always happen.

I've always waited a considerable time. To be honest I don't think my kids now need to meet any man in my life. Unless he proved himself to be amazing.

I have my family life and then I have my other life.

I think on this there is no right or wrong. As every situation is different. My ex moved out of mine and straight into his new ladies house without having met the kids. And it's worked for them. But obviously not ideal for some.

As long as kids aren't used to get at people I think that the parents just need to be sure.

"So in your opinion, you wouldn't think it was such a good idea for someone to move in with a woman and her 2 children 3 months after meeting? I also noticed a birthday card from the children to him with 'to a great stepdad' written on the front "

Personall no, i dont actually class relationships to be "proper" relationships until youve gone at least three months seeing them regularly it takes awhile to settle into a new relationship and the last thing you (I) would want is the kids upheavel. But some move in practically over night. We never know where relationships are going to go but if you leave it awhile you give it more of a chance.

I personally think you have to be very careful about the kids.

Even when i met jay i told my son all about him first even though he was 16 and just abut to leave home. We still did the day out somewhere first lol

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"So in your opinion, you wouldn't think it was such a good idea for someone to move in with a woman and her 2 children 3 months after meeting? I also noticed a birthday card from the children to him with 'to a great stepdad' written on the front "

It is horses for courses I suppose. I don't have kids but I wouldn't move in with someone so soon if there were kids involved. I think kids need stability. But then I fall in and out of lust at he drop of a hat and have deluded myself into believing it was love...

No female or male should ever put a potential new partner,above their kids. For this reason imho it's best to get them to meeet asap,so everyone knows where they stand.

Can cause resentment if you leave it too long and it turns out,they simply don't get along. Nobody should have to choose between a new partner or their kids happiness.

only if it feels right and will not cause stress.

short encounters at first perhaps.

"No female or male should ever put a potential new partner,above their kids. For this reason imho it's best to get them to meeet asap,so everyone knows where they stand.

Can cause resentment if you leave it too long and it turns out,they simply don't get along. Nobody should have to choose between a new partner or their kids happiness."

"Sounds like a good idea. Apologies for being a bitch to you yesterday x

lol, know worries that has been and gonexx"

you are a lovely lady xx

» Add a new message to this topic