FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When you're feeling lonely

When you're feeling lonely

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackFromTheDead2 OP   Man 41 weeks ago

London/Surrey

Does anyone else just come on just to talk to people & feel a connection? Not really after meets (which would be nice) but to check up with people you've spoke to on here with previously. When you have that rapport where you ask about their week& potential meets & things like that

Or is it just me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

I use the forums for that purpose. It's my only way to communicate and its the only place I communicate otherwise I wouldn't talk with people full stop. I went nearly a year without speaking to another human.

By *obilebottomMan 41 weeks ago

All over

Everybody are here for different reasons and some just for that of course and why not. It is nice to chat to other people if they like to do so also.

99.99% of the time if a woman just chats to a man he will take it as interest, so women are less likely to chat.

Plus a lot of men will call women time wasters if they chat with no intention of meeting, state they don't want penpals and it's not a dating site or other social media site.

And women don't always chat to other women because of the bitchyness.

Best bet when feeling lonely, listen to a podcast for a human voice or phone a friend outside of fab for chat.

Failing that get yourself out somewhere.

By *illy IdolMan 41 weeks ago

Midlands

"99.99% of the time if a woman just chats to a man he will take it as interest, so women are less likely to chat."

I hate to say it but I think you may be right.

Certainly if I'm attracted to them I like to think they're attracted to me too and not just wanting a chat.

By *hortishblondeWoman 41 weeks ago

Essex

"99.99% of the time if a woman just chats to a man he will take it as interest, so women are less likely to chat.

Plus a lot of men will call women time wasters if they chat with no intention of meeting, state they don't want penpals and it's not a dating site or other social media site.

Best bet when feeling lonely, listen to a podcast for a human voice or phone a friend outside of fab for chat.

Failing that get yourself out somewhere. "

By *verageSausageMan 41 weeks ago

Flintshire

"Does anyone else just come on just to talk to people & feel a connection? Not really after meets (which would be nice) but to check up with people you've spoke to on here with previously. When you have that rapport where you ask about their week& potential meets & things like that

Or is it just me"

No.

It's also why I sometimes trot along to real life meets.

By *ustjack300Man 41 weeks ago

Ripley

Am very lonely.

Been on my own now for a year and a half.

And this time of the year makes it even worse ??

"99.99% of the time if a woman just chats to a man he will take it as interest, so women are less likely to chat.

And women don't always chat to other women

because of the bitchyness.

Are women bitchy too each other?

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 41 weeks ago

Leeds

Agree with this for the men, I give up trying normal conversations and just don't reply, although I've never had bitchyness from women luckily I'm too old for all that drama shite.

Mrs

By *midnight-Woman 41 weeks ago

So true! (except I've only had positive interactions with women)

"Am very lonely.

Been on my own now for a year and a half.

And this time of the year makes it even worse ??"

*woody sits down and orders 2 pints, one for you.

Here dude.

By *BWLOVER1965Man 41 weeks ago

My Own Little World

[Removed by poster at 10/12/23 16:11:15]

My Own Little World

Had few lovely chats with women on hear so far in non sexual context just nice to shoot shit and have laugh with women in general

Not because I feel lonley, but if I have someone's phone number I'll check it now and again and see how they are doing but I've met them.

Are women bitchy too each other? "

You mean you haven't seen it?

By *orphia2003Woman 41 weeks ago

Tonypandy.

Yeah, especially at night in work.

Are women bitchy too each other?

You mean you haven't seen it? "

I'm glad I've been to socials and had the opposite and women being friendly and welcoming and uplifting to one another.

I used to come here for that reason but then reading some of the general negativity can sometimes pull me down the rabbit hole with them so now I just put my phone down and go and do anything that doesn’t involve others

By *oo..Woman 41 weeks ago

Boo's World

I think this can come down to the type of "men" people talk too. I've made loads of friends via here that are male and haven't once had any of them "step out of line" so to speak with how they treat me and none have had an issue with just talking or becoming pub/ dinner social only mates.

All the women I've met via big group socials have been nothing but really nice and if any want to be bitchy about me behind my back then crack on, that says more about them than me and I'd just laugh to be honest.

By *hrek101Man 41 weeks ago

Herts

In the 0.01% that have only had non sexual chats with women.

Right now. I just saw something personal that made me tear up with joy. and I have nobody to tell how happy I am or why.

It’s this stuff I have nobody to share it with, and it’s when the loneliness hits. And tomorrow that moment is gone. … sadness again.

I spoke out ages ago about this type of stuff, and I just take each day as it comes now. And yes, Fab is one of the destructions I really need.

I don’t reach out to many people to see how they are, because I struggle so much myself, I’m no help. (Sorry to anyone who thinks I ignore them, I need to be me, finding me is sometimes harder than it looks)

Op. I started to go to a pub once a week on my own, for a human interaction were it’s not a workmate. It sounds shit, but it’s worked for what it’s worth.

I’ve found the site harder work than perhaps I thought it would be. So as a means of chatting and connecting with people it’s been mixed results. I’m naturally gregarious and extroverted so in person I find chatting with complete strangers very easy and energising. On here it has been difficult to talk to people to the point I’m beginning to reevaluate whether this is the right place for me.

I'm the opposite, I prefer to be alone and just not talk. I fuck off every guy that tries to do the "normal" talk with me.

Talking just leads to emotions and crap.

Plus the voices in my head keep me occupied.

By *ustamanMan 41 weeks ago

weymouth

Unhealthily I tend to withdraw into my, shutting out other folks until I feel that I can cope with them again - bizarrely the loneliest I felt was in a previous marriage

By *iamondsmiles.Woman 41 weeks ago

little house on the praire

I like being on my own. I love peace and quite. I do like seeing other people but I get worn out after awhile.

I come on fab so I don't get bored not because I'm lonely

By *mber SkiesWoman 41 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"I use the forums for that purpose. It's my only way to communicate and its the only place I communicate otherwise I wouldn't talk with people full stop. I went nearly a year without speaking to another human.

"

that’s sad supershy x

By *heGateKeeperMan 41 weeks ago

Stratford

The forums are great for that and there are so many threads to engage with.

If anyone ever needs a chat or a coffee then please reach out Inbox is always open and always happy to suggest organised socials that might be local etc

"In the 0.01% that have only had non sexual chats with women."

I'm feeling so left out!

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

I’m here because I’m here because I’m here because I’m here.

*sobs* AND I’M SO LONELY!!!

"I’m here because I’m here because I’m here because I’m here.

*sobs* AND I’M SO LONELY!!!"

Are you quoting a quid in my bank account?

"I’ve found the site harder work than perhaps I thought it would be. So as a means of chatting and connecting with people it’s been mixed results. I’m naturally gregarious and extroverted so in person I find chatting with complete strangers very easy and energising. On here it has been difficult to talk to people to the point I’m beginning to reevaluate whether this is the right place for me. "

Stick around

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 41 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"I’m here because I’m here because I’m here because I’m here.

*sobs* AND I’M SO LONELY!!!

Are you quoting a quid in my bank account? "

All over

"I like being on my own. I love peace and quite. I do like seeing other people but I get worn out after awhile.

I come on fab so I don't get bored not because I'm lonely"

That is very true. Lots of people confuse the two.

By *ora the explorerWoman 41 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

To be totally honest, no. If I’ve got that kind of relationship with someone I’d have them on WhatsApp. I’m not one for idle chat. I’ll chat and have a joke on a thread but not really by PM much.

By *a LunaWoman 41 weeks ago

South

Not really. I come on to read more than post (she says, looking at her average post quotas *cough*). And to perve penis.

"……..

I think this can come down to the type of "men" people talk too. I've made loads of friends via here that are male and haven't once had any of them "step out of line" so to speak with how they treat me and none have had an issue with just talking or becoming pub/ dinner social only mates.

All the women I've met via big group socials have been nothing but really nice and if any want to be bitchy about me behind my back then crack on, that says more about them than me and I'd just laugh to be honest. "

Your people are a good bunch.

M

"Does anyone else just come on just to talk to people & feel a connection? Not really after meets (which would be nice) but to check up with people you've spoke to on here with previously. When you have that rapport where you ask about their week& potential meets & things like that

Or is it just me"

I do but few are capable of convo.

I think it's a Japanese expression or famous quote.

"There are three sides to people, the visible to everyone, visible to family and friends and the hidden"

I'm here because my hidden side is screaming for attention.

I've tried aligning my sides and being what I thought was 100% me...it worked for a while but I quickly realised I needed my space without judgement.

As my mental health dived over this year I've found my self trying to sell connection. Gender I'm back here.

Not only to explore my sexual desires without judgement but to make a little connection from time to time.

It's bloody hard work though and full of contradiction. But I try to find the good people and say hello.

Over all though I am in a rabbit hole and mostly here because of habit now. Xx

By *affeine DuskMan 41 weeks ago

Caerphilly

The bollocks I put in the forum is the bollocks I put in any messages I might send.

I haven't come on here specifically looking for a particular meet in years, I just dig the people and my bollocks are consistent, very consistent.

All over

Or is it just me

I do but few are capable of convo."

There are some nice people on here who do that

There's some nice people here, but generally I get no reaction to anything I post whether happy, sad, funny, flirty, etc. so I have to say no, being on here doesnt cure loneliness. Sadly.

All over

"There's some nice people here, but generally I get no reaction to anything I post whether happy, sad, funny, flirty, etc. so I have to say no, being on here doesnt cure loneliness. Sadly."

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes people worry that a chat has alterior motives which might be the case for some but thankfully not all. Keep chatting

By *ralextacyMan 41 weeks ago

Cardiff

Lovely to chat here with like-minded people even if it doesn't result in a physical meet. Not all stimulation is physical. Mental stimulation is as exciting and enjoyable

By *dinburghWomanWoman 41 weeks ago

Edinburgh

. "

I love a good interaction of the mind …. Keep the chats coming it’s good for the soul

. "

That must be quite wearying. Nothing wrong with a chat, just for the sake of chatting.

"There's some nice people here, but generally I get no reaction to anything I post whether happy, sad, funny, flirty, etc. so I have to say no, being on here doesnt cure loneliness. Sadly.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes people worry that a chat has alterior motives which might be the case for some but thankfully not all. Keep chatting "

Thanks, appreciated.

By *imply DeeWoman 41 weeks ago

Wherever

Not really, no.

I’m always alone but very rarely lonely and honestly, Fab would be the last place where I’d go if I felt lonely.

I used to in the past and I can understand the appeal of it but as others have mentioned, Fab interactions have often sexual context and can turn in the wrong direction very quickly.

I like the forum and that’s where I come for an interaction, not really posting much but reading and observing.

By *tephanjMan 41 weeks ago

Kettering

I'm here just to chat but a lot of people don't just want that. I have a long standing stomach issue and when I'm not working I have a full time job looking after my partner and 2very needy dogs.

By *atthew78Man 41 weeks ago

Winsford

I'm currently reading a book entitled 'Sometimes you get so lonely that it just makes sense'

It's a collection of poetry I use fab mostly for reading stories and the odd interaction after giving up on meeting anyone

My Own Little World

Not been on to long but already learned where the block button and if you are feeling lonely don’t think this is a place to be

Saying that there is some nice people on hear guys as well as women

I do some times

Mrs C

Are women bitchy too each other? "

Are you new here on earth?

By *hristopherd999Man 41 weeks ago

Brentwood

Always willing to chat

By *S chanel demarTV/TS 41 weeks ago

peterborough

I'm trying sing that song including your username !!!

By *S chanel demarTV/TS 41 weeks ago

peterborough

"I’ve found the site harder work than perhaps I thought it would be. So as a means of chatting and connecting with people it’s been mixed results. I’m naturally gregarious and extroverted so in person I find chatting with complete strangers very easy and energising. On here it has been difficult to talk to people to the point I’m beginning to reevaluate whether this is the right place for me. "

Exactly this.......

By *aleforfun22Man 41 weeks ago

Lancashire

I use the forums a lot as I'm lonley and suffer mental health problems.I've met some lovely people on here who just enjoy chatting I no its a sex site but it's nice to chat with anyone as it cheers me up.I no there's thousands out there suffering so if anyone is ever feeling down I'm always here to chat with anyone. Thanks for listening

By *host63Man 41 weeks ago

Bedfont Feltham

Women never chat to a man unless they are interested in them. And secondly men are not mind readers and women are very rarely upfront and tell a man directly what the situation is.

By *ohntall123Man 41 weeks ago

hitchin

Or is it just me"

I have a few friends on here definitely that I like catching up with and find it easy to talk to them

» Add a new message to this topic