FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it now trendy ...

Is it now trendy ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

.... to be a geek ?

I saw a teenage girl today with a sweatshirt on with GEEK written across the front of it in huge letters

We have also had the rise in the use of glasses by people who don't actually need them, especially those in their teens and early 20s

Does the Big Bang Theory have something to answer for ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I sometimes wonder about teenage fashion but then I guess our parents did when we turned up in whatever was fashion at the time.

Young people need to define themselves as different form the older generations.. and it seems sometimes that whatever is fashion for the older people by definition has to be contrasted by our teenagers - anything to be different and have a unique identity.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was wondering this also my sons girlfriend wears glasses and doesn't need them and a lot of them have this geek chic look about them.

The big bang theory is great tho.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wanna be 18 again then

I might fit in this time round

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

The trend for geek chic specs is just getting bigger all the time. I work in an opticians and we sell more of those than anything else. We've also seen a huge increase in people buying specs with plano lenses just for fashion.

[Removed by poster at 03/03/13 21:07:07]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i just dont get why people where glasses that dont need them. you wouldnt wear a hearing aid if you didnt need it

I used to wear specs that I didn't need I just liked them... now that I do have to wear them, I hate them

I seem to remember the term 'Chic Geek' being around over a decade ago though, so although it's stepping up these days, it has been OK to be one for quite some time

"I sometimes wonder about teenage fashion but then I guess our parents did when we turned up in whatever was fashion at the time.

Young people need to define themselves as different form the older generations.. and it seems sometimes that whatever is fashion for the older people by definition has to be contrasted by our teenagers - anything to be different and have a unique identity. "

can u explain the baycity rollers thing hee hee

"I sometimes wonder about teenage fashion but then I guess our parents did when we turned up in whatever was fashion at the time.

Young people need to define themselves as different form the older generations.. and it seems sometimes that whatever is fashion for the older people by definition has to be contrasted by our teenagers - anything to be different and have a unique identity. "

I think it's great, I looked a twat when I was a teen, every teen should look like a twat... and if yer parents like what yer into...you've gor the WRONG parents

Young people need to define themselves as different form the older generations.. and it seems sometimes that whatever is fashion for the older people by definition has to be contrasted by our teenagers - anything to be different and have a unique identity.

I think it's great, I looked a twat when I was a teen, every teen should look like a twat... and if yer parents like what yer into...you've gor the WRONG parents "

By *atcherofmyballsMan  over a year ago

hereford

"i just dont get why people where glasses that dont need them. you wouldnt wear a hearing aid if you didnt need it"

Pardon

Geeks make the world go round

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We're being told off for not having a turntable anymore because vinyl is better than downloading, apparently.

If the geek things leads to improved exam results in science and maths then it's a fashion that's most welcome.

"i just dont get why people where glasses that dont need them. you wouldnt wear a hearing aid if you didnt need it

Pardon "

"We're being told off for not having a turntable anymore because vinyl is better than downloading, apparently.

If the geek things leads to improved exam results in science and maths then it's a fashion that's most welcome."

How very true!

"i just dont get why people where glasses that dont need them. you wouldnt wear a hearing aid if you didnt need it"

Morrissey did

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Yep geek is the new cool - my 12 year old is proud of being a geek and heading the results tables at school and I for one ain't gonna argue with that and yes she also wears a pair of geek glasses with plain glass in. Maybe silly but as long as she's getting the results she is then does it really matter I say

» Add a new message to this topic