FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'd like your opinions, please

I'd like your opinions, please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V1guy OP   Man 42 weeks ago

Coventry

So long story short(er) I'm a straight guy, I'm not attracted to guys at all, they're just not my jam. Some of my friends are and I literally don't care as long as everyone enjoys themselves and it's consensual.

I've got a real life friend on my friends list here who is a gay guy and he's a close friend, he's one of those 4 or 5 people you really know in life, and we still do movie night once a week and hang out to this day. He's a true brother to me and I love him to bits. We're close and we've known each other long before either of us were here. He's the guy who pulled me out of a black hole when my last relationship tanked, and he always gives me good advice, so I owe him a lot.

Here's the rub, I'm straight and he's gay, and he's on my friends list. I seem to be getting people thinking I'm bisexual or assuming so, or like I'm hiding something and secretly bi as a gay man is on my friends list. Thing is, I get it. I understand where they're coming from.

I got more or less rejected earlier as the person thought I wasn't straight and that's what they like, and to be honest, I can completely understand why. I think me and my mate are the exception rather than the rule in that regard, I don't think too many are close friends before coming here, but we're totally open and honest with each other so should I raise it with him? At the same time I don't want him to feel like I'd be deleting him maliciously or I'm ashamed of him or anything like that, because I'm not. Like I say he's a true brother, I'd choose him over anyone here in all honesty, but I really really don't want to shag him. I just don't like men.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking for is your thoughts. What would you think if you looked and seen a straight guy with a gay guy on his friends list? Would you think I'm gay, or bi or something? Should I have a chat with him and remove him from my friends list? He's got my number and we're on each others social medias too, and we talk daily off the site so it's not like we'll lose touch. Would you be upset if you were him and I deleted you?

It's just a bit delicate, I don't want to screw it up, he's a great bloke, but at the same time I don't want to start off on the wrong foot either. Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for reading and your comments

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ad NannaWoman 42 weeks ago

East London

Tell him, bro, you're seriously vaj blocking me on here.

You gotta go.

You could put something on your profile explaining why he's on your profile. It wouldn't bother me who you're friends with.

By *ad NannaWoman 42 weeks ago

East London

We can't see your friends list anyway.

By *andadbodMan 42 weeks ago

Liverpool

hide your friends list?

Coventry

"Tell him, bro, you're seriously vaj blocking me on here.

You gotta go.

You could put something on your profile explaining why he's on your profile. It wouldn't bother me who you're friends with. "

Haha to be honest you're right. I'll give him some grief tomorrow, you know, because he's a mate and that's what friends are for.

Yeah I've added a little disclaimer at the bottom today saying why he's there. Try it and see I guess?

By *andadbodMan 42 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Tell him, bro, you're seriously vaj blocking me on here.

You gotta go.

You could put something on your profile explaining why he's on your profile. It wouldn't bother me who you're friends with.

Haha to be honest you're right. I'll give him some grief tomorrow, you know, because he's a mate and that's what friends are for.

Yeah I've added a little disclaimer at the bottom today saying why he's there. Try it and see I guess? "

yeah that’s not gunna work, maybe block single guys from messaging you too, most true straights males do that.

Coventry

"hide your friends list?

"

This does make a lot of sense to be fair. To be honest I'm usually (about 99%) on here on my mobile so I never even look at people's friends list. I wasn't really aware it was a thing you could do before today, or yesterday as it is now.

By *red333Man 42 weeks ago

Dorchester

"So long story short(er) I'm a straight guy, I'm not attracted to guys at all, they're just not my jam. Some of my friends are and I literally don't care as long as everyone enjoys themselves and it's consensual.

I've got a real life friend on my friends list here who is a gay guy and he's a close friend, he's one of those 4 or 5 people you really know in life, and we still do movie night once a week and hang out to this day. He's a true brother to me and I love him to bits. We're close and we've known each other long before either of us were here. He's the guy who pulled me out of a black hole when my last relationship tanked, and he always gives me good advice, so I owe him a lot.

Here's the rub, I'm straight and he's gay, and he's on my friends list. I seem to be getting people thinking I'm bisexual or assuming so, or like I'm hiding something and secretly bi as a gay man is on my friends list. Thing is, I get it. I understand where they're coming from.

I got more or less rejected earlier as the person thought I wasn't straight and that's what they like, and to be honest, I can completely understand why. I think me and my mate are the exception rather than the rule in that regard, I don't think too many are close friends before coming here, but we're totally open and honest with each other so should I raise it with him? At the same time I don't want him to feel like I'd be deleting him maliciously or I'm ashamed of him or anything like that, because I'm not. Like I say he's a true brother, I'd choose him over anyone here in all honesty, but I really really don't want to shag him. I just don't like men.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking for is your thoughts. What would you think if you looked and seen a straight guy with a gay guy on his friends list? Would you think I'm gay, or bi or something? Should I have a chat with him and remove him from my friends list? He's got my number and we're on each others social medias too, and we talk daily off the site so it's not like we'll lose touch. Would you be upset if you were him and I deleted you?

It's just a bit delicate, I don't want to screw it up, he's a great bloke, but at the same time I don't want to start off on the wrong foot either. Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for reading and your comments "

what a lovely honest post I'm sure if he's a true friend he wouldn't mind you deleting him as long as you explained it as eloquently as you have here but their is something to be said for standing by your man and not caring what others like to think and believing in your written word "I'm straight" I'll let you decide

By *inAndTonic21Couple 42 weeks ago

Merseyside

Just hide your friends lists and it’s win win with your friend and for meets

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

"hide your friends list?

"

^

By *glyBettyTV/TS 42 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

You can hide your friends list anyway (which you already seem to have done) so I don't really understand what the issue is

You know, if you want to convince everyone how straight you are, one of the best ways to do it is to make a post in the fabswingers forum informing everybody about the platonic lifelong friendship you have with your gay mate, who you regularly meet for "movie nights", and how this friendship which absolutely nobody needed to know about is damaging your chances with the ladies...

By *veragejoe99Man 42 weeks ago

Sheppey

Don’t allow strangers to affect a true friendship… if you’d take a fuck ovr a friend then the issue is within you.

When fab goes your friend will still be there for you.

"Don’t allow strangers to affect a true friendship… if you’d take a fuck ovr a friend then the issue is within you.

When fab goes your friend will still be there for you."

By *ealMissShadyWoman 42 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"So long story short(er) I'm a straight guy, I'm not attracted to guys at all, they're just not my jam. Some of my friends are and I literally don't care as long as everyone enjoys themselves and it's consensual.

Bros before hoes

Sorry but why do you need to explain yourself to anyone? If people have an issue that's their problem, why would you want to meet people like that.

Just hide your friends list, to delete him is a bit shitty if he is as good a friend as you say he is

By *untimes wantedMan 42 weeks ago

Huddersfield

I have several friends who use fab none of them are on my friends list.

Mix of gay,straight men and women we agreed to block each other.

I would not want sex with any of them so why use fab as a means of keeping in touch.

Because they are friends i have their phone number and other means to chat with them.

I would find it weird non sexual real life friends having access to my fab pictures and would not want to see theirs.

By *midnight-Woman 42 weeks ago

Hide your friends list - job done

By *icecouple561Couple 42 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How important is your friend to you? More important than women in a swingers site, or less?

By *ools and the brainCouple 42 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Od be more concerned about losing a friend.

If people don't read your profile correctly that's their fault.

Going by the many many many threads on a similar vein regardless of what you have on profile guy's will want to fuck you.

By *ools and the brainCouple 42 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Give it a go you might enjoy it.

By *icecouple561Couple 42 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have to say I've been surprised at how many men allow friends or a woman's male relatives to influence their sex lives.

By *orny-DJMan 42 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

You do know that you can hide your friends list?

By *glyBettyTV/TS 42 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"You do know that you can hide your friends list?"

He definitely does because he's already done it...

By *oodmessMan 42 weeks ago

yumsville

Just to be the bahhh humbuger, be ready to get no more attention from women and couples when you remove or hide him from when you didn't. Blokes have blokes as mates on here as blokes can have blokes as mates and veris from them - it's a very liberal club that's going on. Gangbangs, parties, socials exist, it's different having someone irl on here but it'd take big balls to call someone out over it.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 42 weeks ago

Reading

I wouldn't but i don't think these guys need a lot of encouragement. If talk to your friend about it and see if you can come up with a solution. The only way to stop all messages from men is to block all men. Otherwise just delete all messages from men it doesn't take long.

By *ornycougaWoman 42 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

You can see who is on people's friends lists?? I didn't get the memo about that

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 42 weeks ago

Somewhere else

I would stay loyal to my friend. You’ve said he’s a real friend. Anyone you’re compatible with won’t make those assumptions about you.

By *allySlinkyWoman 42 weeks ago

Leeds

Who has time to look at the profiles of everyone on a stranger's friends list ?

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman 42 weeks ago

Somewhere else

"You can hide your friends list anyway (which you already seem to have done) so I don't really understand what the issue is

You know, if you want to convince everyone how straight you are, one of the best ways to do it is to make a post in the fabswingers forum informing everybody about the platonic lifelong friendship you have with your gay mate, who you regularly meet for "movie nights", and how this friendship which absolutely nobody needed to know about is damaging your chances with the ladies... "

By *stwo2023Couple 42 weeks ago

Worcester

So you'd remove a friend because some random person blocked you because they thought having a gay friend made you bisexual?

Evie

By *stwo2023Couple 42 weeks ago

Worcester

"Who has time to look at the profiles of everyone on a stranger's friends list ?"

This. How would they know the friend was gay without going on their profile to check?

Evie

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 42 weeks ago

Leeds

"We can't see your friends list anyway. "

This so it makes zero difference.

Mrs

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 42 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Did someone say they thought that specifically because you had a gay man on your friends list here?

Fabstraight is fairly rife. Many many people on here assume everyone is secretly a little bit bi regardless of what's there.

Leeds

If having a gay friend makes you gay, does me having a male friend of colour make me a black man ?

By *hrek101Man 42 weeks ago

Herts

Be friends with who you like, fuck those that are gonna judge you for it, they aren't worth meeting IMO

By *ehindHerEyesCouple 42 weeks ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

My advice is ultimately you have to do what is right for you.

At some point having your friend in your friend list was a good idea so why has that changed? Because someone you don't really know has made assumptions about you?

Everything had a consequence. You need to figure out what they could be and avoid the worser.

I've always been an advocate for the social aspects of swinging and having friends of different backgrounds and sexual orientation in my eyes is a good thing. It gives a better well adjusted view point.

Personally I would kept that friend in my friends list and ignore those who make assumptions about you because the moment you pander to them to you are open to manipulation.

Marc

By *red333Man 42 weeks ago

Dorchester

"If having a gay friend makes you gay, does me having a male friend of colour make me a black man ?"
thats not a great argument to be fair

By *AYENCouple 42 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I think this is more of a short story long!

By *aissez-faireMan 42 weeks ago

Right behind you…. Boo

It’s a friends list FFS. Now if he was on your hot list it would be a different story.

Why care what a stranger may think.

[Removed by poster at 09/12/23 09:28:25]

Has he already seen this thread by now?

Leeds

Has he offered to verify you ?

By *hromosexualsCouple 42 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

"Be friends with who you like, fuck those that are gonna judge you for it, they aren't worth meeting IMO "

Exactly this.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 42 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's 2023. You can be friends with whom you like and if someone is worried that you're bi, then they've probably got appalling fashion taste, anyway

» Add a new message to this topic