FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Football kick off 3pm.

Football kick off 3pm.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 43 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support and are they playing today? I support man city and we will play against tottenham tommorow and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *glyBettyTV/TS 43 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

" I support man city and we will play against tottenham tommorow and I reckon that we will win with 2-1 "

I support Spurs and I think man city are going to win 6-0

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I suppose I better get a foot in…

I expect arsenal to make a fist of it against wolves, 10 men behind the ball! Luton midweek then villa away next Saturday night! The first proper test!

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" I support man city and we will play against tottenham tommorow and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

I support Spurs and I think man city are going to win 6-0 "

Depends on how high a line Spurs play.. can Romero get sent off again???

By *ie n MashCouple 43 weeks ago

Back in Malice

Could do with Spurs having some more injuries and suspensions before our trip there on Thursday.

By *oreveryyoungandhungMan 43 weeks ago

Newick

I’m a brighton fan, we have Chelsea Sunday. Could be tough after playing Thursday and lots of injuries and suspensions but think we might be able to pull off 1-2 win. Good luck everyone

By *oreveryyoungandhungMan 43 weeks ago

Newick

Didn’t take arsenal long

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

Will be watching the Shots vs Stockport tomorrow after we spanked Swindon 7-4 in the last round.

Back in Malice

"I’m a brighton fan, we have Chelsea Sunday. Could be tough after playing Thursday and lots of injuries and suspensions but think we might be able to pull off 1-2 win. Good luck everyone "

Hope you do ‘em.

Congratulations on qualifying for the next stage of the Europa League - excellent achievement!

By *ixiePoisonWoman 43 weeks ago

Darlington

The Toon are playing ManUre at home at 8, I’m at a Xmas party so I’ll be popping out to watch!

Howay the Mags

[Removed by poster at 02/12/23 16:17:33]

" I support man city and we will play against tottenham tommorow and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

I support Spurs and I think man city are going to win 6-0 "

Yes, we will see how it goes too

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Right sitting down reading for the euro draw…

The England version is on bbc 2

The Scotland version is on bbc Scotland (sky channel 187)

Remember England in pot 1… Scotland in pot 3, Wales can still qualify thru the playoffs they are “play off A” in pot 4

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Scotland… group a

Start with Germany in the opening game , June 14

2nd game against Hungary, June 19

Last group game against Switzerland, June 23

England …. Group c

Start with Serbia, June 16

2nd game Denmark, June 20

Last game Slovenia, June 25

Wales.. if they get thru playoffs.. group D

Start with Netherlands, June 16

2nd game Austria, June 21

Last game, France June 25

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

One other titbit.. or quirk…

If England win the group… they cannot play another group winner until the semi finals…

They would get on of the best 3rd place finishers in the 16, and a 2nd place group team in the quarter finals….

Back in Malice

With the squad we’ve got, and assuming that we avoid serious injury to key players, we must go into this tournament thinking we can genuinely win it.

I’m rarely confident with England; this time just feels different.

By *ools and the brainCouple 43 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Great win for The Arsenal today just need those below all to cock up a man u v Newcastle draw would be good.

Also strange kick off time on a Saturday night that's asking for trouble fan's on the lash all day, game ends as pub's kick out what genius thought of that Idea

By *wisted999Man 43 weeks ago

North Bucks

Newcastle had a lot of injuries going into that but still managed to grind out that win. Ok it was against a mid table club but none the less you have to win those sort of games.

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Great win for The Arsenal today just need those below all to cock up a man u v Newcastle draw would be good.

Also strange kick off time on a Saturday night that's asking for trouble fan's on the lash all day, game ends as pub's kick out what genius thought of that Idea "

Re the kick off time… the problem is a tv one

Because it was picked by TNT sports, the normal kick off time would have been the 12.30 slot, but because man united played in turkey on Wednesday night it was deemed to be unfair

What normally happens is that sky and tnt cooperate and would have swapped slots (12.30 for 5.30…. Which is what happened last week for Man City Liverpool on sky and Arsenal Brentford on TNT)

If sky decided not to cooperate the only thing TNT can do is show it at 8.00 after the 5.30 slot has finished

Anyway.. it’s going to bugger up any Man U fans trying to get back to Manchester.. because there are 2 ways to do it … a1 m62 or a69 m6… and the Cumbria route is fucked because of the snow… about 6 inches of it in the south lakes!

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"With the squad we’ve got, and assuming that we avoid serious injury to key players, we must go into this tournament thinking we can genuinely win it.

I’m rarely confident with England; this time just feels different."

I might get in contact with some old Eurostar friends… 2nd game is in Frankfurt and 3rd game is in koln

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

"Newcastle had a lot of injuries going into that but still managed to grind out that win. Ok it was against a mid table club but none the less you have to win those sort of games. "

Great result for the mighty mags flying high!

By *eordieJeansCouple 43 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Newcastle had a lot of injuries going into that but still managed to grind out that win. Ok it was against a mid table club but none the less you have to win those sort of games. "

Unbelievable performance. We should have been 2 or 3 up in the first half. Anthony Gordon is looking like a bargain.

By *ary69321Man 43 weeks ago

Newcastle upon tyne

Aston villa is your first proper test, what about Newcastle, or do you not count that because you lost.

By *wisted999Man 42 weeks ago

North Bucks

Sons on fire! Both defences are terrified!

By *hagTonight OP   Man 42 weeks ago

Is your team playing today?

By *BWLOVER1965Man 42 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Phew lucky or what

4-3

By *glyBettyTV/TS 42 weeks ago

3-3 is a great result in the end. After half an hour I thought City were going to score 20.

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

Bucket loads of goals on MOTD tonight

North Bucks

What a crazy day.

Wouldn’t want to be the ref compiling his match report tonight after playing advantage and then blowing up.

North Bucks

Arsenal are going to bring about my early death

By *ie n MashCouple 42 weeks ago

Back in Malice

Results like this are sometimes, just sometimes, the difference between winning titles or not.

The fact that this will hurt our friends in N17 so much makes it a result we can all take pleasure in.

By *abioMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Arsenal are going to bring about my early death "

I got a call at 2pm…. Sean… spare for tonight! Can you get down?

Me.. in Newcastle… working till 3.30.. then on my way!!!

My god!! Back at the car now…. Thank god once I get on m1 it’s 75mph till 2 minutes from home!!!

Thank god I have tomorrow off!!!

How can you pay basically pay 100 million for someone, and yet still be the bargain of the season!!!!!

By *ools and the brainCouple 42 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Twas a crazy match, started off being pretty dull and stagnant Luton just shut the game down, however fair play they didn't give up and it was a bit of a rollercoaster.

The pitch looked awful to play on but credit to both sides for producing the goods and chapeau the The Arsenal for not giving up even deep in injury time+.

I think the players of both sides are going to be waking up this morning knowing that they have been in a proper game last night.

By *abioMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So… off the Spurs bandwagon and on the villa one?

I don’t think I have seen many teams outplay Man City…. Saturday night when arsenal come to town could be an absolute blockbuster!

"So… off the Spurs bandwagon and on the villa one?

I don’t think I have seen many teams outplay Man City…. Saturday night when arsenal come to town could be an absolute blockbuster! "

title decider

By *dward_TeagueMan 42 weeks ago

wolverhampton

Fucking hell. Unai Emery is a genius and the Villa outplayed them.

By *ackformore100Man 42 weeks ago

Tin town

It's a game of two arves saint.

What's going on with the prem this season.? United broke into jog. Up the Villa.

Spurs form is worrying.

Didn't strengthen in the areas they needed to in the summer. No decent striker outside of Son, lose a few players & cannot buy a win.

AFCON coming up in January so it's only going to get worse.

By *oeBeansMan 42 weeks ago

Derby

After looking at the table and seeing where Spurs and Newcastle are, if I hear any crisis talk about Man United or posts about EtH getting sacked, the block button is coming out in full force!

"After looking at the table and seeing where Spurs and Newcastle are, if I hear any crisis talk about Man United or posts about EtH getting sacked, the block button is coming out in full force!"

You might have to block me after this lol but the difference between Man Utd & Spurs/Newcastle is that the latter 2 have a ridiculous amount of injuries.

With Man Utd they're just playing terrible football. They've had a very kind run of fixtures, but whenever they play anyone in the top half they get found out.

Tin town

"Spurs form is worrying.

Didn't strengthen in the areas they needed to in the summer. No decent striker outside of Son, lose a few players & cannot buy a win.

AFCON coming up in January so it's only going to get worse. "

Shame as I like ange... But he can't play that way in the prem with the team he's got.

Derby

"After looking at the table and seeing where Spurs and Newcastle are, if I hear any crisis talk about Man United or posts about EtH getting sacked, the block button is coming out in full force!

You might have to block me after this lol but the difference between Man Utd & Spurs/Newcastle is that the latter 2 have a ridiculous amount of injuries.

With Man Utd they're just playing terrible football. They've had a very kind run of fixtures, but whenever they play anyone in the top half they get found out."

We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit

Tin town

"After looking at the table and seeing where Spurs and Newcastle are, if I hear any crisis talk about Man United or posts about EtH getting sacked, the block button is coming out in full force!"

Suppose it depends if you are happy with the giant that is utd being 6th, playing shit and having lost 6 games already. With the toxins of sancho martial rashford and fernandes still stinking up the place.... People expect things of utd... They don't expect spurs to be anything but spursy

Tin town

"After looking at the table and seeing where Spurs and Newcastle are, if I hear any crisis talk about Man United or posts about EtH getting sacked, the block button is coming out in full force!

With Man Utd they're just playing terrible football. They've had a very kind run of fixtures, but whenever they play anyone in the top half they get found out.

We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit "

It's ironic that the injuries forced him to pick maguire and he's been your best defender this season.

Derby

Suppose it depends if you are happy with the giant that is utd being 6th, playing shit and having lost 6 games already. With the toxins of sancho martial rashford and fernandes still stinking up the place.... People expect things of utd... They don't expect spurs to be anything but spursy"

I don't think they expect big things of United after the last ten years. I think it's just cool to meme on them after every bad result. With what EtH has had to put up with this season ala Greenwood, Antony, injuries, ownership being up in the air, Rashford playing awfully, I think 3 points off top 4 is pretty decent which is why the "lost the dressing room" narrative annoys the hell out of me.

Derby

We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit

It's ironic that the injuries forced him to pick maguire and he's been your best defender this season. "

He's been very good but that's not saying much when everyone else has been injured

Tin town

Suppose it depends if you are happy with the giant that is utd being 6th, playing shit and having lost 6 games already. With the toxins of sancho martial rashford and fernandes still stinking up the place.... People expect things of utd... They don't expect spurs to be anything but spursy

I don't think they expect big things of United after the last ten years. I think it's just cool to meme on them after every bad result. With what EtH has had to put up with this season ala Greenwood, Antony, injuries, ownership being up in the air, Rashford playing awfully, I think 3 points off top 4 is pretty decent which is why the "lost the dressing room" narrative annoys the hell out of me."

That's very true... They do love a good crisis story. Are you convinced by EtH though? I thought he started strong but then seemed to lose his bottle and keep playing rashford and martial when he'd have been better off playing a plank of wood. Still seems there's something malign in the squad... Though could be the media portrayal of it.

Tin town

It's ironic that the injuries forced him to pick maguire and he's been your best defender this season.

He's been very good but that's not saying much when everyone else has been injured "

If everyone in the squad showed the same character and mettle you'd be top 4. I wasn't a fan but he's been really impressive winning back his place.

Derby

"That's very true... They do love a good crisis story. Are you convinced by EtH though? I thought he started strong but then seemed to lose his bottle and keep playing rashford and martial when he'd have been better off playing a plank of wood. Still seems there's something malign in the squad... Though could be the media portrayal of it. "

I am absolutely convinced we have the right manager. We just need to get the structure and recruitment right above him for him to succeed, especially as we have a mish-mash of players from previous managers with different playing styles. Martial I believe is out of contract at the end of this season so he's gone and Rashford is very much a confidence player which isn't good enough but at least Garnacho is going well enough and putting a shift in. EtH just needs to clear the deadwood and bring more players in to suit his style and then we can hopefully become more consistent but I'd rather miss out on CL football for two seasons getting it right than sacking him and repeat the cycle that hasn't worked for a decade.

Derby

He's been very good but that's not saying much when everyone else has been injured

If everyone in the squad showed the same character and mettle you'd be top 4. I wasn't a fan but he's been really impressive winning back his place. "

Yeah, I'm being very harsh. Maguire has had shown a resilience a few other could learn from. It's even funnier how we wanted rid of McTominay too and how important he's been!

"We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit "

Man Utd have not anywhere near the number of injuries as Spurs or Newcastle. Only Lisandro Martinez could you describe as an important 1st team player that's been injured. Varane never plays, Casemiro was being rotated before he got injured. He doesn't want to pick Sancho even though he's probably the best fit forward player they have. Is Hojlund still injured? because it's December now & he still can't score a league goal

Half the players Man Utd are starting were supposed to be sold in the summer. And it must be a concern that the guys the manager frankly overspent on, cannot even get in his starting lineup.

I know a shit show when I see one & Man utd results are massively papering over the cracks

Derby

"We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit

Man Utd have not anywhere near the number of injuries as Spurs or Newcastle. Only Lisandro Martinez could you describe as an important 1st team player that's been injured. Varane never plays, Casemiro was being rotated before he got injured. He doesn't want to pick Sancho even though he's probably the best fit forward player they have. Is Hojlund still injured? because it's December now & he still can't score a league goal

Half the players Man Utd are starting were supposed to be sold in the summer. And it must be a concern that the guys the manager frankly overspent on, cannot even get in his starting lineup.

I know a shit show when I see one & Man utd results are massively papering over the cracks "

I'm not talking about now, we've just been able to get our players back and shock, apart from the Newcastle result, we were the form team. To think they're not comparable to Newcastle and Spurs injuries is massively showing your bias and of course the results are papering over cracks but guess what. It's a results business

Here early to say them fuckers from South London pretending to be from North London aren’t winning the league.

Derby

"We've literally had our entire backline injured for the first half of this season! We brought in a third LB in on loan and he got injured as well! Casemiro is out injured, as was Hoijlund for a period as well. There's a reason Maguire and Evans started against City but oh, Maddison is injured which is a great excuse for it all to go to shit

I know a shit show when I see one & Man utd results are massively papering over the cracks

I'm not talking about now, we've just been able to get our players back and shock, apart from the Newcastle result, we were the form team. To think they're not comparable to Newcastle and Spurs injuries is massively showing your bias and of course the results are papering over cracks but guess what. It's a results business"

Oh, and Varane was our starting CB last season and Casemiro was being rotated because he's 31 years old as CDM. Try actually watching a team before you comment on them

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 42 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

Happy Hammer here btw

Derby

"Happy Hammer here btw "

North Bucks

Tell you what that was some banter goal that Spurs conceded.

"I'm not talking about now, we've just been able to get our players back and shock, apart from the Newcastle result, we were the form team. To think they're not comparable to Newcastle and Spurs injuries is massively showing your bias and of course the results are papering over cracks but guess what. It's a results business

Oh, and Varane was our starting CB last season and Casemiro was being rotated because he's 31 years old as CDM. Try actually watching a team before you comment on them "

Actually I've watched every single man utd game except Crystal Palace in the league cup & Galatasaray away & I'm telling you even in the games they've won, they look bad.

If Casemiro at 31 is an issue playing at #6, why play him there? How does Mason Mount solve this problem?

Every player playing at the #6 in man utd looks terrible. Eriksen did, Amrabat did, Casemiro did, Mctominay did. That shows you the problem is systemic & you may be able to just about get away with it vs Everton, Sheffield United Burnley, Luton, Brentford & Chelsea, but against anyone decent you see the deficiencies.

Results can only hide poor performances for so long.

Derby

"Actually I've watched every single man utd game except Crystal Palace in the league cup & Galatasaray away & I'm telling you even in the games they've won, they look bad.

If Casemiro at 31 is an issue playing at #6, why play him there? How does Mason Mount solve this problem?

Every player playing at the #6 in man utd looks terrible. Eriksen did, Amrabat did, Casemiro did, Mctominay did. That shows you the problem is systemic & you may be able to just about get away with it vs Everton, Sheffield United Burnley, Luton, Brentford & Chelsea, but against anyone decent you see the deficiencies.

Results can only hide poor performances for so long."

Because Casemiro is #6 but because his legs are going, he can't start every game. The only other natural #6 we have is Amrabat and he isn't up to speed. Mount brought in as a #8 because Eriksen's legs are gone but he's obviously not fancied in that position and hasn't looked threatening enough and McTominay is a box to box #8 that makes late runs into the box but he's not a #6. Mainoo before he was injured was being groomed for that role which you could see when he played against Everton.

This has to do with the poor recruitment processes that are currently in place that I mentioned above which is not on EtH. The performances haven't been great but while we've had injuries, they results have been the most important thing. That's it.

Is your team playing today?

By *ixiePoisonWoman 42 weeks ago

Darlington

My team (Newcastle) are playing the Spuds tomorrow, awful result Thursday against Everton, Trips making two mistakes, but hey he’s human and probably knackered as we can’t name a full squad!

He’s hoping we bounce back

It was a good game, with many goals, but city got a draw against tottenham, the score result was 3-3

Tin town

"My team (Newcastle) are playing the Spuds tomorrow, awful result Thursday against Everton, Trips making two mistakes, but hey he’s human and probably knackered as we can’t name a full squad!

He’s hoping we bounce back "

I rate trippier a lot and he looked knackered... But two mistakes... He just had a mare. Doesn't make many mistakes though

By *eordieJeansCouple 42 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"My team (Newcastle) are playing the Spuds tomorrow, awful result Thursday against Everton, Trips making two mistakes, but hey he’s human and probably knackered as we can’t name a full squad!

He’s hoping we bounce back

I rate trippier a lot and he looked knackered... But two mistakes... He just had a mare. Doesn't make many mistakes though"

I can’t criticise this team too much because we’ve been brilliant for the best part of 2 seasons now but I’m not having the knackered excuse. Yes we’ve played a lot of games but we always seem full of energy at home. You don’t magically become tired because you’ve drove a few hours down the road.

By *os19Man 42 weeks ago

Edmonton

The Cockney Reds are at home to Bournemouth and we need to win to keep pace with Aston Villa & Tottenham in the battle for top 4

North Bucks

Tricky one with Villa today.

Back in Malice

"The Cockney Reds are at home to Bournemouth and we need to win to keep pace with Aston Villa & Tottenham in the battle for top 4 "

Based on what I saw in the flesh on Thursday night, Tottenham will not be in the running for a Champions League spot, unless the PL gets the potential 5th spot. We played the first 45 minutes without bothering to touch the ball and they still couldn’t beat us.

I’ve seen us play all the top teams this season (albeit the Arse fielded a weakened side in the Carabao cup) and the best team we’ve played is Bayer Leverkusen in a pre-season friendly. It’s a very open league this season.

By *os19Man 42 weeks ago

Edmonton

"The Cockney Reds are at home to Bournemouth and we need to win to keep pace with Aston Villa & Tottenham in the battle for top 4

Based on what I saw in the flesh on Thursday night, Tottenham will not be in the running for a Champions League spot, unless the PL gets the potential 5th spot. We played the first 45 minutes without bothering to touch the ball and they still couldn’t beat us.

I’ve seen us play all the top teams this season (albeit the Arse fielded a weakened side in the Carabao cup) and the best team we’ve played is Bayer Leverkusen in a pre-season friendly. It’s a very open league this season."

. From my Cockney Red perspective we haven’t played well for most of the season yet we are still in the mix for top 4 so I have some belief that we can pull it off.Even some of the teams below us with a 6-10 game winning streak can challenge.So yes in some ways it’s still a open league this season

By *eavenNhellCouple 42 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

The Road to wembley starts for us today as we host Mickleover in the FAtrophy 3rd round hopefully we can push on for a chance to finaly win something after 30+ years of nothing but relegation scraps .otid coyb owtb

By *abioMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Cockney Reds are at home to Bournemouth and we need to win to keep pace with Aston Villa & Tottenham in the battle for top 4

I’ve seen us play all the top teams this season (albeit the Arse fielded a weakened side in the Carabao cup) and the best team we’ve played is Bayer Leverkusen in a pre-season friendly. It’s a very open league this season."

Liverpool fans I think have xavi alonso as the next manager after klopp…

Leverkusen may be the best team in Europe not named Real Madrid at the moment… sometimes you don’t realise what players did for you team till they are not there anymore, for years at arsenal it was the “Gilberto silva “ position… this season I think arsenal fans from afar have a much greater appreciation for what Granit Xhaka did in that 8 role… because we haven’t been able to replace it.. and for what he is doing for bayer

I don’t know if havertz/trossard is the stopgap answer or if he will try to get an 8 in the January window… as well as a 9!

The short term 9 answer would be Ivan toney.. but you could imagine spurs,Chelsea driving that price up…

Long term answer… if villa don’t end up in the champions league.. I do really like Ollie Watkins… if Arsenal want to try for the home run… victor oshimen at Napoli… but I fear if we wait till the summer, Chelsea will try grab him in January even though he would be on AFCON duty…

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 42 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Xavi Alonso wouldn't be a bad call where he to want the job in due course..

Provided Barca or Real don't grab him first..

"Based on what I saw in the flesh on Thursday night, Tottenham will not be in the running for a Champions League spot, unless the PL gets the potential 5th spot. We played the first 45 minutes without bothering to touch the ball and they still couldn’t beat us."

To be fair, you played Tottenham's B team & they still played you off the park for the majority of the game. One fortunate deflection & one goalkeeping howler was what decided it.

Spurs' weakness is the squad depth. It was a known weakness from the beginning of the season, but an unprecedented amount of injuries & suspensions all coming at the same time is what has torpedoed their season.

I still think when Spurs get all their players back they'll finish above Man Utd, & possibly Newcastle.

By *abioMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Based on what I saw in the flesh on Thursday night, Tottenham will not be in the running for a Champions League spot, unless the PL gets the potential 5th spot. We played the first 45 minutes without bothering to touch the ball and they still couldn’t beat us.

To be fair, you played Tottenham's B team & they still played you off the park for the majority of the game. One fortunate deflection & one goalkeeping howler was what decided it.

Spurs' weakness is the squad depth. It was a known weakness from the beginning of the season, but an unprecedented amount of injuries & suspensions all coming at the same time is what has torpedoed their season.

I still think when Spurs get all their players back they'll finish above Man Utd, & possibly Newcastle. "

Was it really the B team…. Yes Maddison is a huge miss, and van der ven is a better central defender than I gave him credit for.. but those were the only two… Romero is a walking liability in any big games of getting sent off… so is recarlison… and you lot have been trying to tell us bissouma is a better 6 than Declan rice!

By *os19Man 42 weeks ago

Edmonton

I’ve seen us play all the top teams this season (albeit the Arse fielded a weakened side in the Carabao cup) and the best team we’ve played is Bayer Leverkusen in a pre-season friendly. It’s a very open league this season.

Liverpool fans I think have xavi alonso as the next manager after klopp…

Leverkusen may be the best team in Europe not named Real Madrid at the moment… sometimes you don’t realise what players did for you team till they are not there anymore, for years at arsenal it was the “Gilberto silva “ position… this season I think arsenal fans from afar have a much greater appreciation for what Granit Xhaka did in that 8 role… because we haven’t been able to replace it.. and for what he is doing for bayer

I don’t know if havertz/trossard is the stopgap answer or if he will try to get an 8 in the January window… as well as a 9!

The short term 9 answer would be Ivan toney.. but you could imagine spurs,Chelsea driving that price up…

Long term answer… if villa don’t end up in the champions league.. I do really like Ollie Watkins… if Arsenal want to try for the home run… victor oshimen at Napoli… but I fear if we wait till the summer, Chelsea will try grab him in January even though he would be on AFCON duty…"

. What is happening with Thomas Partey and Jorginho could one of them not go in as a 6 allowing Rice to go as a 8.Personally I would continue with Havertz in the 8 as I feel he is a very underrated player technically he is very good possibly has to work on the box to box tracking back and forward what I call the ugly side of midfield play which doesn’t get mentioned too much but it’s what wins games and trophies.

Back in Malice

"

Spurs' weakness is the squad depth. . "

Majority of the game? As I have already said, we didn’t turn up for the first half. 2nd half there was only ever one team going to win that game, and they were not playing in all-white. If your lot knew how to aim for the white post thing with the net behind it, instead of curling balls into the crowd, you might win more games. Possession is only worth anything if you know what to do with it and Spurs were toothless on Thursday.

You are right about your squad depth and it will be your undoing. Us smaller clubs can’t compete with the larger ones; it’s about the only thing we have in common.

"Was it really the B team…. Yes Maddison is a huge miss, and van der ven is a better central defender than I gave him credit for.. but those were the only two… Romero is a walking liability in any big games of getting sent off… so is recarlison… and you lot have been trying to tell us bissouma is a better 6 than Declan rice! "

Declan Rice is overrated, but that's another debate

I will admit Bissouma's form has been poor since he was sent off against Luton.

VS West Ham, Spurs were missing Bentancur, Maddison, VanDer Ven, Sarr (on the bench), Richarlison (on bench), Perisic & Solomon (and to be fair the latter 2 were usually subs or rotated, but we're being regularly used), from the starting lineup.

3 of the starting back 4 are full backs, until Romero came back it was all 4 against City & Villa. And frankly for a team unable to field any recognize central defender Spurs held their own in both those games. Arguably should have beaten Villa.

Ben Davies is not an adequate replacement for Van Der Ven.

Spurs have no depth, when a few key players are missing, the bench is just not good enough. It's frankly a championship level bench.

But I can see from the style of play that when certain players come back & the squad is strengthened, Spurs will climb back up the league. It's just personnel they lack.

Back in Malice

Sorry?? Declan Rice is over-rated??

Not wishing to get too personal (although you are a Spurs fan, so not too bothered if I upset you) but do you actually understand how football is played? Declan Rice is a phenomenal player - a Rolls Royce of a footballer. It was my pleasure to see almost every game he played for WHU and he is the real deal. Spurs haven’t got a player in your entire squad near his talent (and I am a big Maddison fan).

"Sorry?? Declan Rice is over-rated??

Not wishing to get too personal (although you are a Spurs fan, so not too bothered if I upset you) but do you actually understand how football is played? Declan Rice is a phenomenal player - a Rolls Royce of a footballer. It was my pleasure to see almost every game he played for WHU and he is the real deal. Spurs haven’t got a player in your entire squad near his talent (and I am a big Maddison fan)."

I didn't say Rice is shit, just overrated which he is. He's like Pierre Emil Hojbjerg with a UK passport .... Carries the ball then passes sideways to more talented players.

To say Spurs don't have a player in their squad as good as Rice is perfect example of how overrated he is. That's one of the most wild things I've ever seen someone earnestly type on the internet

Rice was so good for West ham last year that he managed to propell them to a nose-bleeding 14th place

Back in Malice

"

I didn't say Rice is shit, just overrated which he is. He's like Pierre Emil Hojbjerg with a UK passport .... Carries the ball then passes sideways to more talented players.

To say Spurs don't have a player in their squad as good as Rice is perfect example of how overrated he is. That's one of the most wild things I've ever seen someone earnestly type on the internet

Rice was so good for West ham last year that he managed to propell them to a nose-bleeding 14th place "

I actually like Hojbjerg and thought you looked weaker with him off the pitch. He is one of those hard-working underrated players that do not get the credit they deserve.

Getting back to Rice, if all you think he does is pass the ball sideways, I suspect you do not watch him that often. He can drive forward with the ball as well as any midfielder and has that uncanny knack of appearing all over the pitch without anyone noticing how he got there. He simply glides across the Pitch.

I notice that you neglected to mention that he helped propel WHU to 6th and 7th in the 2 previous seasons (first back-to-back top 7 finishes in the Club’s 128-year history), as well as a European trophy in June. (As a Spurs fan, you might need to look the word “trophy” up. They tend not to give them out in September/October, when you lot start laying claim to the Premiership).

As a matter of interest, now that Kane has gone, Who do you think is better than Rice in the Tottenham squad? Not a loaded question, genuinely interested.

North Bucks

"

Rice was so good for West ham last year that he managed to propell them to a nose-bleeding 14th place

I actually like Hojbjerg and thought you looked weaker with him off the pitch. He is one of those hard-working underrated players that do not get the credit they deserve.

Getting back to Rice, if all you think he does is pass the ball sideways, I suspect you do not watch him that often. He can drive forward with the ball as well as any midfielder and has that uncanny knack of appearing all over the pitch without anyone noticing how he got there. He simply glides across the Pitch.

I notice that you neglected to mention that he helped propel WHU to 6th and 7th in the 2 previous seasons (first back-to-back top 7 finishes in the Club’s 128-year history), as well as a European trophy in June. (As a Spurs fan, you might need to look the word “trophy” up. They tend not to give them out in September/October, when you lot start laying claim to the Premiership).

As a matter of interest, now that Kane has gone, Who do you think is better than Rice in the Tottenham squad? Not a loaded question, genuinely interested."

Trophy

"I actually like Hojbjerg and thought you looked weaker with him off the pitch. He is one of those hard-working underrated players that do not get the credit they deserve.

As a matter of interest, now that Kane has gone, Who do you think is better than Rice in the Tottenham squad? Not a loaded question, genuinely interested."

Well first off, if you're talking about footballing talent : Lo Celso, Maddison, Bissouma, Son, Kulusevski, Udogie, Bentancur & Pedro Porro are all much better footballers than Declan Rice. Comfortably.

Hojbjerg is very similar to Rice, in fact i would go as far to say that there's almost nothing Rice does that Hojbjerg can't do. He's a very solid defensive midfielder, who like Rice, can drive the ball forward with runs & shows lots of industry, and also like Rice, is not the most adventurous passer of the ball. It's all very safe & sideways, which is why he doesn't start games for Spurs anymore.

Bissouma for example, has a trick & a feint, he's not afraid to take risks & hold on to the ball against a press, he breaks lines with invention & trickery. Rice doesn't do that - he can't.

English players always get overhyped, but Rice is one of the most egregious examples of it. I don't even think he's the best midfielder at Arsenal.

PS: I don't need to look up what a trophy is because last time I checked Spurs had many many more of those than West Ham

By *T SwingersCouple 42 weeks ago

Brazil

Brighton fan here too. Managed to get to a couple of games when there in September/October.

Very happy with things at the moment.

Back in Malice

Ugly Betty, if I understand you correctly, your lot have 8 players “comfortably” better than Declan Rice. This being the 24-year old with 48 England caps, who is playing an integral part in one of, arguably, the best England teams in the past 40 years. And the same Declan Rice who the Italians couldn’t believe was substituted against them in the Euro Final in 2021, as they felt he was England’s best player?

If that is the case, how come Spurs are currently 9 points adrift of top spot (coincidentally held by Rice’s current team)? A case of Lillywhite-tinted spectacles, methinks (and a perfect example of why Spurs fans are viewed as the dictionary definition of deluded).

I’d be interested to know how many times you’ve seen Rice play live (as opposed to on television). The amount of ground he effortlessly covers, and the way he appears around the pitch as if by magic (like the shopkeeper in Mr Benn), cannot be fully appreciated on a screen.

Btw - loved the use of “egregious”. Great word.

Listen if we're going to use England caps & tournament performances to judge Declan Rice, then Harry Maguire must be one of the greatest players ever to play the game. Exactly.

I prefer to judge them on their actual football & the way they play. As you said, if one of his best qualities is the fact you don't notice him on the pitch then that says a lot

I haven't ever seen Rice play live, which I don't think is that important. If anything I'm able to watch him better from the TV & not have people standing up in front of me blocking my view.

Yes, he's in the fortunate position to be playing for the team that's currently top, but guess what, so does Kai Havertz

If you took Rice out of that Arsenal team & brought back Xhaka or a fit Thomas Partey, I don't think it makes any difference to where arsenal would be in the league. If anything, I think they're actually worse this season than they were last season. They're playing worse football & just about getting over the line against teams they blew away last year.

Spurs are where they are because at one point they had about 9 1st team players out injured or suspended. Before that Spurs were undefeated. Go ask Arsenal what a full strength Spurs did to them at the Emirates a couple of months back.

Back in Malice

We are never going to agree on this, so let’s just metaphorically shake hands and agree to disagree.

North Bucks

Not looking good at the Theatre of Memes

in Lancashire

"Not looking good at the Theatre of Memes"

No matter what the club might say and dome of the fans it's not a happy ship..

North Bucks

"Not looking good at the Theatre of Memes

No matter what the club might say and dome of the fans it's not a happy ship.."

4-0 they are getting cooked.

Rasmus and Anthony if I speak

In another game, what a win it was for bournemouth, they won against man utd with 3-0

North Bucks

Rasmus and Anthony if I speak "

VAR saved them from um embarrassment

in Lancashire

Rasmus and Anthony if I speak

VAR saved them from um embarrassment "

Bayern then my lot next..

ETH will need to up his game..

Sheffield Wednesday just won at Stoke...the revival Rohls on.

Man U slaughtered

"In another game, what a win it was for bournemouth, they won against man utd with 3-0 "

Indeed.. As good as it gets

By *om and JennieCouple 42 weeks ago

Chams or Socials

"Sheffield Wednesday just won at Stoke...the revival Rohls on. "

We got battered 4-0 by Leicester

J x

The way Rasmus Hojlund can't score he's surely not far away from starting a thread in the swinging support forum asking for profile advice..

North Bucks

"The way Rasmus Hojlund can't score he's surely not far away from starting a thread in the swinging support forum asking for profile advice.. "

By *os19Man 42 weeks ago

Edmonton

Well my lot the Cockney Reds lost today.The Theatre of Dreams is becoming the theatre of horrors.Our only saving grace this weekend will be Tottenham v Newcastle a draw and Arsenal to beat Aston Villa.

By *abioMan 42 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We are never going to agree on this, so let’s just metaphorically shake hands and agree to disagree."

I have Spurs fans saying bissoma is better than rice… and Chelsea fans saying caicedo is better than rice….man you fans saying Antony is better than saka…

Good news for Man U today.. Bayern Munich got humped 5-1 at Frankfurt… unless Bayern were saving the good stuff for Man U

"man you fans saying Antony is better than saka..."

Now that genuinely is bonkers

North Bucks

The god of football are so cruel.

"In another game, what a win it was for bournemouth, they won against man utd with 3-0

Indeed.. As good as it gets "

Hi becs and yes, you are right there too

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 42 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Not sure if Ten Hag will be at Man U much longer.

'mon the Villa

By *eavenNhellCouple 42 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"The Road to wembley starts for us today as we host Mickleover in the FAtrophy 3rd round hopefully we can push on for a chance to finaly win something after 30+ years of nothing but relegation scraps .otid coyb owtb "
nearly made a mess of that finished 3-3 then won 4-2 on pens all credit to mickleover 2 leagues below us but took the game to us all day main thing is through to next round step closer to Wembley

By *os19Man 42 weeks ago

Edmonton

"We are never going to agree on this, so let’s just metaphorically shake hands and agree to disagree.

I have Spurs fans saying bissoma is better than rice… and Chelsea fans saying caicedo is better than rice….man you fans saying Antony is better than saka… As far as I am concerned Rice is better than Bissoma & Caicedo and as a Man Utd fan there is no way Antony is better than Saka.As a right winger Saka & Salah are far better than Antony

Good news for Man U today.. Bayern Munich got humped 5-1 at Frankfurt… unless Bayern were saving the good stuff for Man U "

Derby

"man you fans saying Antony is better than saka...

Now that genuinely is bonkers "

I'm sorry, but who in the fuck actually said this? We lost and we were shit but there's no need to make up bollocks for laughs

By *illy IdolMan 42 weeks ago

Midlands

"Sheffield Wednesday just won at Stoke...the revival Rohls on.

J x"

Sorry about that Jennie

By *ig licks40Man 42 weeks ago

United Kingdom

My scottish team is celtic. Not a impressed with Rodgers 2nd stint but maybe enough for domestic level certainly not fir Europe. Miss Big Angs style of play.

My English team is man utd and I'd book a taxi for ten hag asap. Enjoy motd watching it religiously since the early 90s. Enjoy the odd coupon on the weekend.

By *om and JennieCouple 42 weeks ago

Chams or Socials

J x

Sorry about that Jennie"

It was expected. Just hope we stay up for another (better) season

By *illy IdolMan 42 weeks ago

Midlands

J x

Sorry about that Jennie

It was expected. Just hope we stay up for another (better) season "

Created plenty of chances today. Just need to be a lot more clinical

North Bucks

Fair play to Villa well put together side and took their chance well and then weathered the storm.

Not like we lost 3-0

Derby

"Fair play to Villa well put together side and took their chance well and then weathered the storm.

Not like we lost 3-0 "

It's almost like you get 0 points regardless

By *ony 2016Man 42 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Sheffield Wednesday just won at Stoke...the revival Rohls on. "

Stoke 0 Owls 1 **** Blades 1 Brentford 0

The first Sheffield double of the season

North Bucks

"Fair play to Villa well put together side and took their chance well and then weathered the storm.

Not like we lost 3-0

It's almost like you get 0 points regardless "

I know right.

Man United 0-3 Bournemouth

Man United 0-3 Newcastle

Man United 0-3 Man City

Man United 1-3 Brighton

Arsenal 3-1 Man United

Spurs 2-0 Man United

Man United 2-3 Gala

Copenhagen 4-3 Man United

Bayern 4-3 Man United

Man United 0-1 Palace

Newcastle 1-0 Man United

Derby

Not like we lost 3-0

I know right.

Man United 0-3 Newcastle

Man United 0-3 Man City

Man United 1-3 Brighton

Arsenal 3-1 Man United

Spurs 2-0 Man United

Man United 2-3 Gala

Bayern 4-3 Man United

Man United 0-1 Palace

Newcastle 1-0 Man United

"

Very impressive use of Google there! I could do the same for Arsenal's league finishes since they last won the league, but not sure Fab has the bandwidth

North Bucks

Not like we lost 3-0

I know right.

Man United 0-3 Newcastle

Man United 0-3 Man City

Man United 1-3 Brighton

Arsenal 3-1 Man United

Spurs 2-0 Man United

Man United 2-3 Gala

Bayern 4-3 Man United

Man United 0-1 Palace

Newcastle 1-0 Man United

Very impressive use of Google there! I could do the same for Arsenal's league finishes since they last won the league, but not sure Fab has the bandwidth "

Actually Bro it was from my Nigerian pals Twitter page. He’s holding the shame.

Hey I lived through the Arsenal banter years when we were paying or the stadium and had such gems as Chamakh up front and Squilachi at the back. I know what it’s like to be a fallen giant.

Ps what does Antony actually do?

Derby

"Actually Bro it was from my Nigerian pals Twitter page. He’s holding the shame.

Hey I lived through the Arsenal banter years when we were paying or the stadium and had such gems as Chamakh up front and Squilachi at the back. I know what it’s like to be a fallen giant.

Ps what does Antony actually do? "

Oh don't you know? He's better than Saka according to... someone

By *burns7Man 42 weeks ago

walsall

1-1 against forest, not surprising, never get result out them

North Bucks

"Actually Bro it was from my Nigerian pals Twitter page. He’s holding the shame.

Oh don't you know? He's better than Saka according to... someone "

Pepe has better stats than him and Sancho combined and we consider Pepe a flop. Think that someone is tripping

Derby

Oh don't you know? He's better than Saka according to... someone

Pepe has better stats than him and Sancho combined and we consider Pepe a flop. Think that someone is tripping "

That's because that person doesn't exist!

By *eyond PurityCouple 42 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Liverpool are living on a prayer at the moment.

Whilst it’s signs of champions to win ugly and be able to come back from the dead, you can’t keep doing it every week and that’s us atm.

You’ve got to be able to show you can win games easily too.

Utd up next in the league and I’m hoping they keep the manager until then - don’t want new manager syndrome!

Actually gutted Arsenal lost today - gives City that impetus and once they go on a run they are unstoppable so need as many teams ahead of them as possible.

But fair play to Villa, they are flying but top 4 is their only chance I suspect.

K

"man you fans saying Antony is better than saka...

Now that genuinely is bonkers

I'm sorry, but who in the fuck actually said this? We lost and we were shit but there's no need to make up bollocks for laughs "

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just quoting what somebody else apparently said.

To be honest, if Antony & Saka swapped clubs & someone told me an arsenal fan said that, I could believe that more because that is the type of thing they do.

By *dward_TeagueMan 41 weeks ago

wolverhampton

Aston Villa, I bloody love you so much

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not like we lost 3-0

I know right.

Man United 0-3 Newcastle

Man United 0-3 Man City

Man United 1-3 Brighton

Arsenal 3-1 Man United

Spurs 2-0 Man United

Man United 2-3 Gala

Bayern 4-3 Man United

Man United 0-1 Palace

Newcastle 1-0 Man United

Very impressive use of Google there! I could do the same for Arsenal's league finishes since they last won the league, but not sure Fab has the bandwidth

Actually Bro it was from my Nigerian pals Twitter page. He’s holding the shame.

Ps what does Antony actually do? "

I see your squilachi and raise you igor stepanov! And chamakh wasn’t that bad… remember glenn helder on the wing!!! Christopher wreh!

Favourite really shitty footballers would be a great fab football topic… cult legends! I once knew someone who was arguing for the merits of jimmy carter ..

By *teveuk77Man 41 weeks ago

uk

"Aston Villa, I bloody love you so much "

Spurs fans we saying the same a couple of months ago...about Spurs though of course. Son playing in Kane's position and scoring for fun. Then what happened??

By *glyBettyTV/TS 41 weeks ago

"Favourite really shitty footballers would be a great fab football topic… cult legends! I once knew someone who was arguing for the merits of jimmy carter .. "

Let me get in early with some Spurs nominees...

Stuart Nethercott

Helder Postiga

Ronny Rosenthal

Vincent Janssen

Clinton N'jie

Calum Davenport

That's just a few of the top of my head.

"Spurs fans we saying the same a couple of months ago...about Spurs though of course. Son playing in Kane's position and scoring for fun. Then what happened??

"

A shit load of injuries & suspensions all at once

By *hagTonight OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Is your team playing today? My team man city is playing against luton and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

By *wisted999Man 41 weeks ago

North Bucks

Lauren James is one filthy player. Should have been off

By *oeBeansMan 41 weeks ago

Derby

Can we please discuss how Chelsea are getting away with murder here when it comes to bantering them? Over a billion spent on players and they're 12th!

It was a good game and my prediction was right, city won against luton with 2-1

North Bucks

"Can we please discuss how Chelsea are getting away with murder here when it comes to bantering them? Over a billion spent on players and they're 12th!"

I agree we should deffo banter let’s start with Jackson and Mudrk perhaps we should compare their stats to similar players in their possession.

Ha ha only joking they certainly have fallen off somewhat yet nobody is calling for Poch out like they are ETH!?

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Can we please discuss how Chelsea are getting away with murder here when it comes to bantering them? Over a billion spent on players and they're 12th!"

Because it’s the most Chelsea thing they can do!

Time to pass Chelsea the book entitled “hope to cope with being shit”

By *ools and the brainCouple 41 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Coz the players and management are no longer in fear of the russian mafia and just playing for the money.

By *cott73Man 41 weeks ago

brighton

Watched City in the hotel bar. Uninspiring as they have been for the last month. Scousers and Arsenal will fight it out this year. Hope Villa beat them both to it...

North Bucks

Wheeew Romero is a lucky lad for escaping a red

Spurs desperately needed a convincing win like that. Newcastle themselves are ravaged by injuries and they looked tired, but Spurs were well worth the victory.

West Ham though.... Ouch!

By *ie n MashCouple 41 weeks ago

Back in Malice

Just back in from a very painful visit to Craven Cottage. Fair play to Fulham, far better than us for 88 of the 90 minutes (although it was a more even game during the half-time break).

By *ixiePoisonWoman 41 weeks ago

Darlington

Another bad result for the Toon, the boys look tired, at least we had two players back from injury…

By *iam69ingMan 41 weeks ago

Dumbarton

Buckle in, it's going to be a crazy but brilliant schedule until end of December

By *oublethefun123Couple 41 weeks ago

Glossop

"Hello and welcome to my football thread, continue here, it is for all leagues and what team do you support"

Bristol City. I reckon I’ve had one really fun season and a couple of half decent ones in the entire time I’ve supported them. Mostly it’s a mixture of pain and “why do I even bother?”

So... the final round of champions league games take place this week.

Arsenal are already through as group winners & PSV are guaranteed runners-up spot. I suspect both teams may rest players, so I predict Arsenal to limp over the line & make it 5 wins from 6.

Man Utd have to beat Bayern Munich at home, and rely on Copenhagen vs Galatasaray finishing as a draw to advance. Both United & Bayern had very disappointing results at the weekend so both teams will be eager to impress.

Bayern have Harry Kane, who hasn't stopped scoring since his move to the Bundesliga...

Man Utd - have Rasmus Hojlund.

I predict the Germans will bounce back & stamp their authority on a United side struggling for goals & cohesion.

PSV 1-2 Arsenal

Man United 1-6 Bayern M.

Derby

"So... the final round of champions league games take place this week.

Arsenal are already through as group winners & PSV are guaranteed runners-up spot. I suspect both teams may rest players, so I predict Arsenal to limp over the line & make it 5 wins from 6.

Man Utd have to beat Bayern Munich at home, and rely on Copenhagen vs Galatasaray finishing as a draw to advance. Both United & Bayern had very disappointing results at the weekend so both teams will be eager to impress.

Bayern have Harry Kane, who hasn't stopped scoring since his move to the Bundesliga...

I predict the Germans will bounce back & stamp their authority on a United side struggling for goals & cohesion.

PSV 1-2 Arsenal

Man United 1-6 Bayern M. "

CL top scorer Rasmus Hojlund?

PSV 1-2 Arsenal

Man United 1-6 Bayern M.

CL top scorer Rasmus Hojlund? "

Apparently

If only he could play against Galatasaray and Copenhagen every week!

Derby

PSV 1-2 Arsenal

Man United 1-6 Bayern M.

Apparently

If only he could play against Galatasaray and Copenhagen every week! "

And he scored against Bayern but feel free to ignore that from your agenda

By *os19Man 41 weeks ago

Edmonton

PSV 1-2 Arsenal

Man United 1-6 Bayern M.

Apparently

If only he could play against Galatasaray and Copenhagen every week!

And he scored against Bayern but feel free to ignore that from your agenda "

. I am fairly certain Hojlund has scored against every team in our group but Onana has cost us goals against everyone in our group.I think in order to win tonight we need Bayern Munich to put out a weakened team which I don’t think will happen.Even if we win we need the other game to be a draw to go into the knockout stages of the Champions League

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well played by the reserves today to get a draw in Eindhoven…

Let’s see if Kane gets a hat trick against united….

couple, us we him her.

"Well played by the reserves today to get a draw in Eindhoven…

Let’s see if Kane gets a hat trick against united…. "

Well it's been refreshing to see The Arsenal do well in the group stage and beat team's that we would have previously struggled against.

However it will be a different matter in knock out but finishing top means we will face the number two teams at least. I'd love to see us reach at least the quarter finals.

North Bucks

Just seen this tweet

“Replacing De Gea with Onana has cost the club over 100 million....50 on the keeper and 50 on dropping out of Europe. Shocking decision”

Think Goldbridge is spot on.

Derby

"Just seen this tweet

“Replacing De Gea with Onana has cost the club over 100 million....50 on the keeper and 50 on dropping out of Europe. Shocking decision”

Think Goldbridge is spot on. "

Onana's mistakes have definitely cost us in our CL campaign and it's annoying that Gala and Copenhagen should've been 12 points and enought to see us through as we've played good football going forward in contrast to our league form. We needed to replace De Gea but I really thought Onana was the answer.

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just seen this tweet

Onana's mistakes have definitely cost us in our CL campaign and it's annoying that Gala and Copenhagen should've been 12 points and enought to see us through as we've played good football going forward in contrast to our league form. We needed to replace De Gea but I really thought Onana was the answer."

Oh well… always Thursdays to look forward to…. Oh!

If you want a stat of the night.. in all the years of the champions league group stage.. only on 4 occasions has an English team finished bottom of the group!

Basically you are buggering up the coefficient here!!! Only one good thing is that union Berlin came bottom of their group as well I think!

Should still be top 5 qualify for champions league next year, but it’s going to be a lot tighter now!

Derby

"Just seen this tweet

Onana's mistakes have definitely cost us in our CL campaign and it's annoying that Gala and Copenhagen should've been 12 points and enought to see us through as we've played good football going forward in contrast to our league form. We needed to replace De Gea but I really thought Onana was the answer.

If you want a stat of the night.. in all the years of the champions league group stage.. only on 4 occasions has an English team finished bottom of the group!

Basically you are buggering up the coefficient here!!! Only one good thing is that union Berlin came bottom of their group as well I think!

Should still be top 5 qualify for champions league next year, but it’s going to be a lot tighter now! "

To be honest, I'm pretty happy to be missing out on Europa, normally you need to finish like 8th to do that!

But I didn't know about the 5th CL spot which I assume may come under the new format for next season?

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just seen this tweet

Should still be top 5 qualify for champions league next year, but it’s going to be a lot tighter now!

To be honest, I'm pretty happy to be missing out on Europa, normally you need to finish like 8th to do that!

But I didn't know about the 5th CL spot which I assume may come under the new format for next season?"

It’s top 4 automatic.. plus if the premier league finishes top of the coefficient they will get another

[Removed by poster at 13/12/23 00:25:08]

Some stats...

Manchester United had 1 shot on target tonight.

Erik Ten Hag has lost 25 of his 87 games in charge.

Jose Mourinho lost 28 during his entire managerial reign.

United's 15 goals conceded were the most by any English team in this year's group stage.

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you want another weird stat .. here is mine

Of all the team in the top 5 European leagues (England, Spain,Italy, France and Germany) only 3 teams have lost more competitive games this season than man united

Union Berlin

Almaria

Burnley

"If you want another weird stat .. here is mine

Of all the team in the top 5 European leagues (England, Spain,Italy, France and Germany) only 3 teams have lost more competitive games this season than man united

Union Berlin

Almaria

Burnley

"

That is mental. All those teams are bottom of their respective leagues

By *eavenNhellCouple 41 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Not strictly football but here goes .Today 73 year old Oldham Athletic owner and chairman Frank Rothwell set out on an 3000 mile single handed unsupported row across the Atlantic to raise money for Altzhymers research uk .this is his second time having successfuly rowed in 56 days and raised £1m for Altzhymers research again .this is one hell of a challenge anybody wishing to contribute look up his just giving page currently stands at £ 100k lets get it higher folks

Is your team playing today? My team man city is playing against crystal palace and I reckon that we will win with 2-1

By *pthemanorMan 41 weeks ago

ABINGDON

Oxford vs Burton COYY

By *T SwingersCouple 41 weeks ago

Brazil

"Is your team playing today? My team man city is playing against crystal palace and I reckon that we will win with 2-1 "

Hoping for a bigger win than that (From a Brighton fan )

By *eordieJeansCouple 41 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We’re playing fulham at home and unfortunately I’m going to have to catch it on the radio. We need a win after the last couple of matches and could do with some momentum going into the quarter final of the Carabao Cup against Chelsea.

By *he ass man 666Man 41 weeks ago

between your legs

Leeds v Coventry, come on Leeds 3pts

MOT

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Thank god Tom Lockyer seems to be okay… holy fuck!

couple, us we him her.

"Thank god Tom Lockyer seems to be okay… holy fuck! "

Didn't he have a heart operation earlier in the year?

Glad he's ok.

In other news

City dropped more points

By *ackformore100Man 41 weeks ago

Tin town

"Thank god Tom Lockyer seems to be okay… holy fuck! "

Yeah there I was on my way to winning my bet and he goes and fucking collapses and voided it... The reaction has been lovely and human though. Both teams focusing on the injured tom..wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

By *abioMan 41 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you are Everton do you now appeal the 10 point deduction? I’d be tempted to swallow it.. and then the pressure potentially on Chelsea and Man City is huge

By *orthwhile27Man 41 weeks ago

dark side of the moon

"If you are Everton do you now appeal the 10 point deduction? I’d be tempted to swallow it.. and then the pressure potentially on Chelsea and Man City is huge "

I'm a blue and have thought the same, can I tell you at the end of the season

By *oeydogsMan 41 weeks ago

brentwood

CHELSEA WON A GAME OF FOOTBALL SO POCH CAN LOSE THE NEXT 5

By *ickdasterdly51Man 41 weeks ago

Lingfield

Cracking result for us up at City today, certainly wasn't expecting that! In Roy we trust.

By *ackformore100Man 41 weeks ago

Tin town

"Cracking result for us up at City today, certainly wasn't expecting that! In Roy we trust. "

The wheels are falling off citeh...

Newcastle upon Tyne

What a player Lewis Miley is. 17 years old and he’s played against some of the best players in the world and not looked out of place and today he got his first goal.

By *usthere8Man 41 weeks ago

Ealing

Miley is a good player but I do hope that the don't overwhelm him. Let the kid play and take him out at the right point.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Miley is a good player but I do hope that the don't overwhelm him. Let the kid play and take him out at the right point. "

I think that was the plan today but unfortunately Joelinton went off with a hamstring injury.

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

Shag, start a new one!

I have done a new thread that we can continue on