FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Green Energy

Green Energy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kywatcher OP   Man  over a year ago

Southwick

Has anyone fitted solar panels, used wind-generated equipment or anything considered green?

Has it been successful and would you recommend it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can recommend something slow and painful to the person on their third application for a 32 metre wind turbine, right in front of my house

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Has anyone fitted solar panels, used wind-generated equipment or anything considered green?

Has it been successful and would you recommend it?"

Not personally but I know a few folk who've done it and are reaping the financial benefits.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My sister has solar panels, theyve been doing a big promotion thing in belguim so loads have them

By *ickiemintMan  over a year ago

Somewhere NW London

"Has anyone fitted solar panels, used wind-generated equipment or anything considered green?

Has it been successful and would you recommend it?"

Had hub turf part of the vegetable plot. Now thats green.lol.Suz.X

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Has it been successful and would you recommend it?

Not personally but I know a few folk who've done it and are reaping the financial benefits."

those who got on the ball early are laughing now the government have amended the legislatin and reduce the Feed-in Tarrif every quarter for new installations

Glasgow

"My sister has solar panels, theyve been doing a big promotion thing in belguim so loads have them"

There's lots of Green Deal offers out there. Low interest rates and feed in payments.

evesham

"My sister has solar panels, theyve been doing a big promotion thing in belguim so loads have them"

i believe that in certain countries the government pay to put the panels on or at least heavily subsidise them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"My sister has solar panels, theyve been doing a big promotion thing in belguim so loads have them

i believe that in certain countries the government pay to put the panels on or at least heavily subsidise them"

Theres where heavily subsidised

Glasgow

"My sister has solar panels, theyve been doing a big promotion thing in belguim so loads have them

i believe that in certain countries the government pay to put the panels on or at least heavily subsidise them"

There's heavy subsidies here in the form of cheap interest rates for installing local energy efficient systems.

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

I've just finished 5 weeks of training as an inbound customer services advisor for an energy company - green energy is very high up on their list.

Solar panels, whether the standard panels or the new style PV (photovoltaic) ones, depend very much on which way your house is facing. Although great in theory, personally, I don't think they are as cost effective as they would be in a sunnier climate. There are however many ways that energy can be conserved - sharing a shower/bath, keeping warm in bed with someone

By *TUDLY_GOOD_FUCKMan  over a year ago

mansfield

Save water....

Dilute it !

evesham

i believe that in certain countries the government pay to put the panels on or at least heavily subsidise them

There's heavy subsidies here in the form of cheap interest rates for installing local energy efficient systems."

how low? i know the similar finance available for companies currently charges between 6-10%

Glasgow

There's heavy subsidies here in the form of cheap interest rates for installing local energy efficient systems.

how low? i know the similar finance available for companies currently charges between 6-10%"

My understanding is that the info is on the UK gov website Greendeal pages.

evesham

how low? i know the similar finance available for companies currently charges between 6-10%

My understanding is that the info is on the UK gov website Greendeal pages.

"

nope....been trying to find out the rate lol will have to give ESAS a ring on Monday

evesham

found it.....between 7-8%

Glasgow

I apologise for the lengthy post but it might help.

"Welcome to a special e version of Energy Efficiency Installer magazine. With the Green Deal now underway, the energy efficiency sector is growing in demand and hopefully, increasing numbers of installers will experience an upturn in business opportunities.

It would be fair to say there has been something of a slow start to the scheme, as well as concerns over proposed interest rates. Fears that these will be set too high have caused much discussion. Meanwhile, as the industry ruminates over rates, those working to increase business and boost uptake of energy efficiency technologies are looking for clarity and direction. To plug any gaps in the forward push of the Green Deal, it is up to the sector itself to help drive it ahead. We need to remain positive about the scheme. Yes, the interest rate may be high compared with most high street loans. But one thing to consider is that it is based on a 10 year or 25 year term, not five, as with many loans. In addition, as increased numbers of the population find it harder to access high street loans, the beauty of the Green Deal loan is that it can be accessed by more than 80 per cent of householders.

Energy Efficiency Installer is aimed at the Green Deal Installer and those involved in energy efficiency technologies. This flagship scheme offers much potential for the industry – indeed the Department of Energy and Climate Change estimates that heating and energy efficiency measures worth £1.3 billion will be delivered through the scheme.

Produced by the team behind Renewable Energy Installer (the only industry publication to be working in partnership with the MCS and HETAS), the magazine will become the meeting point for all energy efficiency sectors, providing key news, legislation, technology and opinion. Energy Efficiency Installer will be the one-stop shop for all sectors involved in making the Green Deal a success."

» Add a new message to this topic