FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mediums

Mediums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckoo clock OP   Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Are their claims that they can communicate with those who have died true or a load of tosh ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

In our experience there are two kinds, those full of bs and those legit.

Paula Paradema in Blackpool I found to be incredibly accurate

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

When I was completing my mental health training many moons ago. I had to choose a mental illness to study and I choose schizophrenia. I was studying this woman who had the illness. She was on her medication and was not ill at the time. She stated that she had a sprit guide who was a gentleman and often told her things that were going to happen etc. This was due to her illness and she claimed that she was not a medium. It led me to think that is that not what mediums are someone with a mental illness. However of course they are not but I am using the story above as an example.

I believe that there are persons that might have a stronget sixth sense than the average joe. We all have a gut feeling at times.

I do believe that there are people that prey on a persons vulernablity in times of crisis such as grief and other events and they use this to their advantage.

Another example my parents owed horses and a very expensive horse got cancer. The vets were unable to treat the horse and there was nothing they could do. My mum was told about this gentleman who was a healer/medium. My mum was very wary of this as she did not believe in any of it however she thought well nothing ventured nothing gained. This gentleman came out and used to run his hands over the horse without touching the horse. He did this over a period of time. The vets did their usual checks on the horse and stated to my mum that the cancer had disappeared.

This gentleman at the time said to my mum that she was not walking right.. he said to my mum that you have broken your left leg and it has not healed right. My mum was kicked in the leg by a horse years before and it had broken her left leg...

hew did not want any money however my mum gave him petrol money.

anyway I believe that there are some that have certain "powers" however there are many that are con artists.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Charlatans one and all

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

We had an elderly relative of my other half pay thousands to a friendly 'medium' in the years leading up to her death...we never did find out exactly how much she parted with but it was a small fortune....disgraceful vultures in my opinion

By *ss2011Man  over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

Rubbish. All a game/trick.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"We had an elderly relative of my other half pay thousands to a friendly 'medium' in the years leading up to her death...we never did find out exactly how much she parted with but it was a small fortune....disgraceful vultures in my opinion"

I am always a believer that if they are the real deal that they expect no payment from it. As for these TV mediums such as Sally Morgan etc..I think they earn their money from our weakeness..

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Are their claims that they can communicate with those who have died true or a load of tosh ?"

Absolute bollox.

Derren Brown, a professional "con man" if you will, did a TV programme showing them all to be utter fakes, preying on the vulnerable and gullible !

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I'm pretty open minded about this kind of stuff, but mediums are something I'm deeply sceptical about.

Watching Darren Brown is enough to make me realise just how easily some people can manipulate others

By *ss2011Man  over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

My exes sister does it for a living, even has the certificates for everything too (hurhurhurhur!) Anyway, I got to know that family really well, and I was told by my ex about everything her sister did. Basically she had jealousy issues and felt left out, so she pretended she could see and talk to ghosts, even did things at night to try and back up her story...her gullible Mum believed it all and encouraged it. So she grows up thinking she is psychic and now charges people for her 'gift.' She opened up a stall and failed miserably, ha.

She also claimed to have somebody following her all of the time, as mentioned by someone in the thread...though it was all a load of crap.

Not sure if she wanted to be seen as crazy or an actual psychic. Sometimes I think the former as people don't half love to be known as crazy! *sigh*

I used to think this and always swore it a pile of bollox until whilst out with friends some guy claimed to be one and said he had to get a message to me because the sender of it wasn't going to leave him alone till he did.

I was a bit freaked out at first thinking he was some sort of nut job.

But what followed only the sender of it could possibly have known and not even the friends i was with at the time knew.

Totally left me in a state of shock and i now believe some people can,but all the charging and tv paid shit i still think is drawing vulnerable people in to line others pockets and its quite sad that there are so many hoaxers about.

» Add a new message to this topic