FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > UKIP performance in Eastleigh

UKIP performance in Eastleigh

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Easily dismissed as a protest against the Tories to give them a kick up the backside or an indication of an increasingly growing right wing vote?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The perfect excuse for the Tories to feed in some of their more Right Wing plans for the country....If Cameron is seen to be doing so just to head off the threat from UKIP it will be the perfect smoke and mirrors job.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wouldn't surprise me to hear some sort of backroom deal had already been done and Farage and Cameron are in it together.

Torquay

I do believe that Cameron truly dislikes Farage and some of UKIP's retoric, so I can't see a deal being made without it upsetting those on the left of the Tory party...but equally there are those on the Tory top table who will see Farage as an instrument for their ownagenda.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Easily dismissed as a protest against the Tories to give them a kick up the backside or an indication of an increasingly growing right wing vote?"

They had a UKIP leader on the radio this morning and one of the things he brought up was the fact that their growth in support may force the Tories to look at what there trus values are; immigration, gay marriage etc. I think there will be a leadership contest in the Conservative party soon and we may see a move towards more right wing views from them

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

boris will b the new tory leader 6 mths b4 the next election (i have this info on v v high authority) the deal is done tory will stand down in croydon so boris can take his seat. he will win nx election on the pop vote, cameron has no chance of surviving the fall out .

God help us if tories lurch even further to right.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Ah.....Europe

What a mess we get ourselves in over it. NONE of the mainstream parties know exactly where they stand, so simply stand back and hurl scare stories and insults when the subject comes up.

I agree with some of UKIPs policies, the flat tax rate of 31% being a great idea that works elsewhere in the world. But I do want Britain to be in Europe.

Remind me, is there a "none of the above" box at the election?

Torquay

"boris will b the new tory leader 6 mths b4 the next election (i have this info on v v high authority) the deal is done tory will stand down in croydon so boris can take his seat. he will win nx election on the pop vote, cameron has no chance of surviving the fall out ."

What v v high authority was that?

Was this authority Mystic Meg?

I think there is a general feeling of uneasiness about who to vote for up and down the country. The last election didn't provide a clear winner and since then the waters have become muddier as to who is the core opposition to Labour, who's support is clearly identified.

Cameron will need to fight hard in the next two years to prove to UKIP and Tory waverers alike that the best hope they have for a party to give them a referendum on Europe is not the one-policy party that Farage heads. The LibDems will hold onto a few a of their strong seats but the marginals will all fall - some to Tory and some to UKIP if the Cons don't reign them in. Labour will take a few seats in traditional areas where there is condemnation of the govt but I think Ed the Red's lack of electability will cost Labour dear in 2015.

The way things are going it's looking like it's going to be a straight fight between the Conservatives and Labour with UKIP and the LibDems sharing second place up and down the land. That split vote will cost both the main two a few MPs though.

"boris will b the new tory leader 6 mths b4 the next election (i have this info on v v high authority) the deal is done tory will stand down in croydon so boris can take his seat. he will win nx election on the pop vote, cameron has no chance of surviving the fall out ."

Absolute rubbish. High authority indeed! Pah. If you know it the media would know it and then we'd all know it. Boris knows how well entrenched as Mayor of London he is and how useful a position that is against Labour-run London Boroughs. He'll stay where he is and Cameron will campaign as a sitting PM in 2015.

By *ss2011Man  over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

UKIP are right on a lot of things. Eton schoolboys don't know anything about this country. We've had such rich/powerful history and it has all come to throwing most of the power over to some fat cats in Brussels. Right wing politics will not stop rising until we have actual people in Westminster and NOT complete and utter toffs.

This is just the start of the it all. Tories will do pretty much anything to keep in power, so don't be shocked when you see ex-BNP people smiling at them.

Torquay

"UKIP are right on a lot of things. Eton schoolboys don't know anything about this country. We've had such rich/powerful history and it has all come to throwing most of the power over to some fat cats in Brussels. Right wing politics will not stop rising until we have actual people in Westminster and NOT complete and utter toffs.

This is just the start of the it all. Tories will do pretty much anything to keep in power, so don't be shocked when you see ex-BNP people smiling at them."

Sorry to burst your bubble....but many of the top bods in UKIP are in fact ex public schoolboys themselves.

"UKIP are right on a lot of things. Eton schoolboys don't know anything about this country. We've had such rich/powerful history and it has all come to throwing most of the power over to some fat cats in Brussels. Right wing politics will not stop rising until we have actual people in Westminster and NOT complete and utter toffs.

This is just the start of the it all. Tories will do pretty much anything to keep in power, so don't be shocked when you see ex-BNP people smiling at them.

Sorry to burst your bubble....but many of the top bods in UKIP are in fact ex public schoolboys themselves.

"

The Milibands have never had a proper job either. Straight out of Uni and into politics with the pair of them.

Leeds/Bradford

No bubble burst. I am aware of that. From what I've heard them say, and for so long, I think they have a slightly better grip on things. I'm of the stance to get out the EU, but then again, many think that is racist so fair does. Most of the Europeans I know are praying we pull out because then they can follow suit. The Netherlands being the main one!

Miliband brothers? They picked the wrong brother. Labour are a joke too though, if not a bigger one than the tories.

Torquay

Cameron will ABSOLUTELY be the Tory leader in the run up to the next election, the Tories learnt lessons from the election of Blair that a middle of the road front man is the best way to win an election in this day and age.

It's the puppeteers in the 1922 committee that are a danger for the electorate in 2015, how they pull Camerons strings will determine how badly the average person fares if there is a (unlikely) Tory victory in 2015.

oooo did lizzie tel yas?

"Cameron will ABSOLUTELY be the Tory leader in the run up to the next election, the Tories learnt lessons from the election of Blair that a middle of the road front man is the best way to win an election in this day and age.

It's the puppeteers in the 1922 committee that are a danger for the electorate in 2015, how they pull Camerons strings will determine how badly the average person fares if there is a (unlikely) Tory victory in 2015."

have you got that from v v high authority too?

I do not agree with cameron in that ukip is a protest vote if as he belirve tories are doing right thing by fucking us all every which way and loose what are folk protesting about.

To clarify i will note vote ukip or tory just pointing out the delusion cameron suffers from.

I vote for the party i believe will generally be better for me and look out for less fortunate folk it does not interest me who the leader is its the party. We are like yanks more and more in that personality more important than what is actually achieved.

Torquay

"Cameron will ABSOLUTELY be the Tory leader in the run up to the next election, the Tories learnt lessons from the election of Blair that a middle of the road front man is the best way to win an election in this day and age.

It's the puppeteers in the 1922 committee that are a danger for the electorate in 2015, how they pull Camerons strings will determine how badly the average person fares if there is a (unlikely) Tory victory in 2015.

have you got that from v v high authority too?"

Did I claim to have?

Leeds/Bradford

"I do not agree with cameron in that ukip is a protest vote if as he belirve tories are doing right thing by fucking us all every which way and loose what are folk protesting about.

To clarify i will note vote ukip or tory just pointing out the delusion cameron suffers from.

I vote for the party i believe will generally be better for me and look out for less fortunate folk it does not interest me who the leader is its the party. We are like yanks more and more in that personality more important than what is actually achieved."

Your best bet is to never vote again then if you will only vote for a party that you believe does all of that.

have you got that from v v high authority too?

Did I claim to have?

"

certainly not - just asking (sarcastically) I do alopogise - said only in fun

I think cameron is a knob, and always will be, but I think he has some good ideas,

I am fed up being a hardworking family that sees other families on my street with 4 kids not working and getting more money than me, we could only afford 2 children that's all we had

You can bet those 5 kids, will never work and live of taxpayers money.

I saw my dad working hard every day of the week sometimes going out before us kids were up and coming back just as we went to bed, he taught me to work hard and not reply on other people's charity he always said a man needs to work and I am passing that on to my sons,.

Why should me as a taxpayer pay so some lazy twat can baby breed . On money that us tax payers could use each year to go on a holiday , yes that's right our tax each year that we pay to the government goes on benefits , if we didn't pay that tax us hardworking families could go on a nice holiday

Ukip said on their van in eastleigh save our jobs, save our benefits, in other words those that work will keep their job to pay for those too lazy to get off their fat arse and work

The Milibands have never had a proper job either. Straight out of Uni and into politics with the pair of them."

Stop saying that you have already been proven incorrect once. Both Ed and David had 'proper' jobs before entering politics. Incorrect yet again!

Torquay

It's only my opinion but I cannot see for one minute the Tories daring to drop Cameron, I would love to see them have Boris as their front man as he might be everyones favourite boy in the classroom but will never be the school prefect....

Boris would command absolutely no respect on the world stage with his buffoon personality....

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

high authority current tory mp fed up with the cameron weakness he is let out to hang himself so behind the scenes the knives are out. he will not make the nx election boris a baffoon but can he do any worse ??????

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

The Milibands have never had a proper job either. Straight out of Uni and into politics with the pair of them. Stop saying that you have already been proven incorrect once.

Both Ed and David had 'proper' jobs before entering politics. Incorrect yet again!"

And both attended local primary schools then local comprehensives.

Glasgow

Farage was on Andrew Neil claiming (I don't disbelieve him) that UKIP won most votes on the day ie not counting postal votes.

I suspect that's 'cos UKIP don't yet have much of a local infrastructure. Once they do, the Tories need to watch out.

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

only 53% of electorate turned out speaks more.

The Milibands have never had a proper job either. Straight out of Uni and into politics with the pair of them. Stop saying that you have already been proven incorrect once. Both Ed and David had 'proper' jobs before entering politics. Incorrect yet again!"

ED MILIBAND:

Between 1978 and 1981, Ed Miliband attended Primrose Hill Primary School in Camden and then Haverstock Comprehensive School in Chalk Farm. He learned to play the violin whilst at school, and as a teenager, he reviewed films and plays on LBC Radio's Young London programme as one of its fortnightly "Three O'Clock Reviewers". After completing his O-levels, he worked as an intern to family friend Tony Benn, the MP for Chesterfield.

In 1989, Miliband gained four A Levels (A in maths, an A in English, and Bs in further maths and physics) and entered Corpus Christi College, Oxford to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics. In his first year, he was elected JCR President, leading a student campaign against a rise in rent charges. In his second and third years, he dropped philosophy, and was awarded an upper second class Bachelor of Arts degree.

In 1992, after graduating from Oxford, Miliband began his working career in the media as a researcher to Andrew Rawnsley in the Channel 4 show A Week in Politics. In 1993,Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury Harriet Harman approached Rawnsley to recruit Miliband as her policy researcher and speechwriter. At the time, Yvette Cooper also worked for Harman as part of Labour's Shadow Treasury team.

~

DAVID MILIBAND:

David Miliband was educated at Primrose Hill Primary School, Camden, Newlaithes Primary School, Leeds, and then from 1978 to 1983 Haverstock Comprehensive School in North London. He obtained four A-levels, and won admission to the University of Oxford with the assistance of an Inner London Education Authority scheme intended to enable comprehensive school pupils to attend the university. Miliband studied at Corpus Christi College, Oxford and obtained a first class honours degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics. From 1988 to 1989 he took a master's degree in Political Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was a Kennedy Scholar.

Miliband's first job was as a political analyst at the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO). From 1989 to 1994, he worked as a Research Fellow and policy analyst at the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR). He was appointed Secretary of the IPPR's Commission on Social Justice upon its foundation in 1992 by the then leader of the Labour Party, John Smith.

~

I think it's fair to say that neither have ever had a proper job and both went straight into politics from education, in one guise or another.

Glasgow

"..........I think it's fair to say that neither have ever had a proper job and both went straight into politics from education, in one guise or another."

I've commented elsewhere on the use of 'fair'.

Whether it's fair or not is a matter of opinion. That fact that your comment is untrue is a matter of fact.

Torquay

How can working as a researcher and speechwriter or an analyst not be considered a 'proper job'?

Would a person who has been a teacher or bricklayer make for a better MP then?

Surely the experience gained from working for/with governments is far more beneficial for a future career as an MP?

"How can working as a researcher and speechwriter or an analyst not be considered a 'proper job'?

Would a person who has been a teacher or bricklayer make for a better MP then?

Surely the experience gained from working for/with governments is far more beneficial for a future career as an MP?

"

They've been in politics and nothing else since they left school. Whether that was for a political party or in another capacity it is still politics. Neither of them have been in business (although David has directorships coming out of his ears now, hence why he wasn't picked as Leader), nor have they worked in a manual capacity - EVER. They were never white collar workers, nor have they been involved in administration for a company.

They have both worked in politics in one form or another since leaving education. That is a FACT.

Torquay

So how exactly do they differ from Cameron in that respect then?

Torquay

Cameron was shoe-horned straight from being a special advisor to politicians into a Directorship of a media company, he was placed there by the government of the day to ensure they had an insider within the boardroom of that media company in the lead up to the break up of ITV.

How else would a man with absolutely no experience of media work become a director of one of the leading media companies of the day?....no climbing up the media ladder for 'Dave'.

He was a frequent companion (strictly in a business sense naturally ) of Rupert Murdoch during his time at Carlton and ensured that the Tories had a foot in the Murdoch door in the John Major years.

"So how exactly do they differ from Cameron in that respect then?

"

Pretty much a similar career path:

After leaving Eton in 1984, Cameron started a nine-month gap year. He worked as a researcher for Tim Rathbone, Conservative MP for Lewes, his godfather. In his three months he attended debates in the House of Commons. Through his father, he was then employed for a further three months in Hong Kong by Jardine Matheson as a 'ship jumper', an administrative post.

Glasgow

Someone described Cameron's stint at Carlton as having 'started at the bottom and worked his way down'

Glasgow

" ........Through his father, he was then employed for a further three months in Hong Kong by Jardine Matheson as a 'ship jumper', an administrative post."

That'd be Jardine Matheson the drug smugglers, eh?

" ........Through his father, he was then employed for a further three months in Hong Kong by Jardine Matheson as a 'ship jumper', an administrative post.

That'd be Jardine Matheson the drug smugglers, eh?"

I've no idea. Didn't everyone in China take opium until the Boxer revolution?

» Add a new message to this topic