FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Being brave

Being brave

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *els_Bells OP   Woman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

When were you last brave and faced your fears?

This is going to sound really pathetic but, today, I went to my first excercise class at a gym in a very long time. Having had an accident years ago, I have had limited mobility and piled on weight very easily. So now Im trying to work at it again.

I stayed and did the whole thing and managed it at the same pace as all the regular gym users who were there too.

I even managed to go past the vending machine as well without stopping (thats a feit in itself!)

Ok Im aching like hell now, but Im proud of myself for braving it and will be going back again next week

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Going into work before xmas knowing a few were getting the bullet.

"Going into work before xmas knowing a few were getting the bullet. "

Oh dear. Thats sad

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

When were you last brave and faced your fears?

This is going to sound really pathetic but, today, I went to my first excercise class at a gym in a very long time. Having had an accident years ago, I have had limited mobility and piled on weight very easily. So now Im trying to work at it again.

I stayed and did the whole thing and managed it at the same pace as all the regular gym users who were there too.

I even managed to go past the vending machine as well without stopping (thats a feit in itself!)

Ok Im aching like hell now, but Im proud of myself for braving it and will be going back again next week "

Well done - you have done the hardest bit and survived. Good for you

"Going into work before xmas knowing a few were getting the bullet.

Oh dear. Thats sad "

It happens they had to streamline but thank god im a grafter so I was ok. Felt sorry for those who went.

Glad to hear your gym trip went ok it can be intimidating so thumbs up to you

Well done you!

Not so much brave and may seem daft to some,we lost a child family member a couple of years ago and a memory book was filled in at her funeral.

Anyway i hadn't been able to read it or even take a look and i read it all last week and actually found it comforting and felt like i had moved on a little.

"Well done you!

Not so much brave and may seem daft to some,we lost a child family member a couple of years ago and a memory book was filled in at her funeral.

Anyway i hadn't been able to read it or even take a look and i read it all last week and actually found it comforting and felt like i had moved on a little."

I cannot begin to understand how hard that must have been and I d say to open up that book would have been a very brave thing indeed!

"Well done you!

Anyway i hadn't been able to read it or even take a look and i read it all last week and actually found it comforting and felt like i had moved on a little.I cannot begin to understand how hard that must have been and I d say to open up that book would have been a very brave thing indeed! "

Thank you.

I cant imagine going through that. Well done on finding the strength inside to read it xx

Thanks i guess it was just time i felt silly for not reading it before tbh

Saying bye to my son the day he emigrated to NZ, and not knowing when I would see him again

"Thanks i guess it was just time i felt silly for not reading it before tbh "
Nothing silly about that - I can empathise very deeply for reasons I would not wish to disclose in a forum and I think it is incredibly brave to take that first step.

"Saying bye to my son the day he emigrated to NZ, and not knowing when I would see him again "
I would find that hard with any of mine, too

"Saying bye to my son the day he emigrated to NZ, and not knowing when I would see him again "

Thats heartbreaking as well

"Thanks i guess it was just time i felt silly for not reading it before tbh Nothing silly about that - I can empathise very deeply for reasons I would not wish to disclose in a forum and I think it is incredibly brave to take that first step. "
+1

Not silly at all x

That must have been extremely hard

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Expecting a couple of fab members who have been in Afghan to put into perspective anything I can possibly post

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Being strong for my son and trying to hide my grief when my dad died so that my son wouldnt worry about me

By *arl828Man  over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

The first time I went to a club 3 months ago and got naked infront of others, it doesn't sound like much but I'm very insecure about my bulk, I have mates who have known me over 25 years who have never seen me without a t-shirt on.

"The first time I went to a club 3 months ago and got naked infront of others, it doesn't sound like much but I'm very insecure about my bulk, I have mates who have known me over 25 years who have never seen me without a t-shirt on."

I wouldn't say its nothing there are hundreds who would bottle it and not go. I hope it was a good experience once there.

"The first time I went to a club 3 months ago and got naked infront of others, it doesn't sound like much but I'm very insecure about my bulk, I have mates who have known me over 25 years who have never seen me without a t-shirt on."

Now that is really brave,one of the reasons i wimp out of clubs...well done

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I went to a club once with a guy that id know at the time about two years but only ever seen him at my house, 6ft 4 stocky and very confident.

We got to the club, he became routed to his car seat and when he did get out it took about half an hour for me to coax him out the changing rooms. Once he was in there he was fine. So it isnt a small deal

saying goodbye to my mum today before they upped her morphine,so she dosnt know whats going on anymore and can slip away peacefully and pain free

Good for you!

"saying goodbye to my mum today before they upped her morphine,so she dosnt know whats going on anymore and can slip away peacefully and pain free "
OMG that must have been so hard and brave. I do feel for your!xx

"saying goodbye to my mum today before they upped her morphine,so she dosnt know whats going on anymore and can slip away peacefully and pain free OMG that must have been so hard and brave. I do feel for your!xx"
thank you,its very reassuring to know she is pain free now x

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Spent a hour in eye hospital having pressure released from my eyes this morning, not really brave just a thing that needs to be done

By *li87Man  over a year ago

Preston

"Expecting a couple of fab members who have been in Afghan to put into perspective anything I can possibly post"

It should not matter it is all relative. We all do our job. I don't like it when people say I'm a hero! I'm not I do my job to the best of my abilitys.

It must be a relief even tho a very hard time and sad,thoughts are with you x

"

It should not matter it is all relative. We all do our job. I don't like it when people say I'm a hero! I'm not I do my job to the best of my abilitys. "

I would wholeheartedly agree with you there, my ex is Armed Forces and I have many close friends amongst them and none of them would want to be worshipped as heroes. They want to be acknowledged as doing their work.

By *arl828Man  over a year ago

warrington, Cheshire

"The first time I went to a club 3 months ago and got naked infront of others, it doesn't sound like much but I'm very insecure about my bulk, I have mates who have known me over 25 years who have never seen me without a t-shirt on.

I wouldn't say its nothing there are hundreds who would bottle it and not go. I hope it was a good experience once there. "

Oh I've been back with my playmate 3 times now, she had to stop me walking from the changing room to the loo completely naked lol, but I owe all of it to her, she's given me so much confidence.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Spent a hour in eye hospital having pressure released from my eyes this morning, not really brave just a thing that needs to be done"

I know what you mean. I'm going through some health issues at the moment and keep getting told how brave I am, but I think that to be brave is to have a choice about whether you face the fear or whether you pretend it's not really there or important and just carry on regardless.

In my case there is no choice, I have to get on with it so I do.

Apart from today. Today I am a weepy, angry, indecisive, wimpy, grumpy mess.

"Spent a hour in eye hospital having pressure released from my eyes this morning, not really brave just a thing that needs to be done"
I think it is brave!

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

"Expecting a couple of fab members who have been in Afghan to put into perspective anything I can possibly post

It should not matter it is all relative. We all do our job. I don't like it when people say I'm a hero! I'm not I do my job to the best of my abilitys. "

Didn't say say you were a hero, just brave

i am ex green as well however the bravest thing I did today was write a recommendation on a PowerPoint slide for a £300million project

Doesn't compare really does it, it's just play money

By *li87Man  over a year ago

Preston

"Expecting a couple of fab members who have been in Afghan to put into perspective anything I can possibly post

It should not matter it is all relative. We all do our job. I don't like it when people say I'm a hero! I'm not I do my job to the best of my abilitys.

Didn't say say you were a hero, just brave

i am ex green as well however the bravest thing I did today was write a recommendation on a PowerPoint slide for a £300million project

Doesn't compare really does it, it's just play money"

Sorry think I might of done a crap job of explaining myself. Did not mean you I meant in general. When people say it. Sure you must understand. I'm guessing looking at your pics and seeing that you are not hippacrocpig you where either RAF or RN

[Removed by poster at 27/02/13 21:34:52]

Just wanted to apologise as my fear of going the gym seems extremely sad, pathetic and unjustified as 'being brave'.

Ok, it was a big thing for me in my pathetic life, but after reading the above me being a fat bird who is self concious and braved a gym class is fk all compared to some of the posts here and sent privately.

Never meant to offend, was just a bit of a hurdle I jumped.

Sorry x

"Just wanted to apologise as my fear of going the gym seems extremely sad, pathetic and unjustified as 'being brave'.

Ok, it was a big thing for me in my pathetic life, but after reading the above me being a fat bird who is self concious and braved a gym class is fk all compared to some of the posts here and sent privately.

Sorry x"

Its your hurdle and important to you it should not have offended anyone...sometimes taking a step to change yourself is the biggest and scariest step to take x

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Just wanted to apologise as my fear of going the gym seems extremely sad, pathetic and unjustified as 'being brave'.

Sorry x

Its your hurdle and important to you it should not have offended anyone...sometimes taking a step to change yourself is the biggest and scariest step to take x"

Driving abroad on my own. Drove all the way to Poland and back.

last thursday when i finally had a chest xray to see what is actually going on.

Nothing i hope, just quitting smoking leftovers, lol.

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan  over a year ago

Wigan

I have to say well done, Its not an easy thing you've done and i hope it works out well for you. I'm not sure I've ever really been truly brave, but I hope when i do have to be i can be as brave as you've been.x

» Add a new message to this topic