FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Which shops do you refuse to step foot in.

Which shops do you refuse to step foot in.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aravancouple OP   Man  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Here are a few you won't catch me in

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart.

Argos - Just hate it.

Phones 4 U - As soon as you walk in their shops you get pounced on by the staff straight away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

cop shops

a shop that sales horse meat .

Lush - you get assaulted by them on the High Street - I can't imagine ever going in and having a septum left in my nose afterwards

discount uk

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

Tesco. They think customers are stupid so I voted with my feet.

None....

TK Maxx, it makes me itch because its like a jumble sale!

Primark - it smells of chav and cheap so I refuse to go in!

None! There are a few I might not choose to buy anything in but don't dislike any enough to avoid out of principle.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Primark

Jay wont go in downtown(boundry mills)

or dunhelm, he says dunhelm smells of old people

There are none I would avoid out of snobbery or indignation. TK Maxx I avoid purely due to (as said above) it feels a bit jumble sale...as in, the lay out doesn't make for a relaxed experience

I s'pose I avoid the terribly expensive ones... for obvious reasons

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Asda since Wal-Mart took over. They are notorious in the US for the poor treatment of employees.

I totally agree, their stuff is crap and expensive, they were recently voted the worst supermarket by far! I do not go in there. Aldi and Lidl are fare better. Tesco try to be all thing to all men and it doesn't work

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't find Asda expensive. I find it dirt cheap.

It's the cheapness that worries me as I can't help but wonder how it's done. I got a duck for £6 at Christmas - I thought it might glow radioactive but it was very good.

I use them for household stuff excellent value.

The cheapness of their 'fresh food' gives me the eebie jeebies. Sometimes it's sweating in bags.... and I near puke when I see ready made mashed veg etc..... it looks like war zone catering and people eat it !!

By *ea and SugarCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

JD Sports - Bought son a baseball cap for holiday, within a week the colour had faded beyond all recognition, if you turned it inside out you could see the original colour, and it cost £25!!!

Took it back and they sent it away for examination, sent it back saying we had washed it (we hadn't) and no refund would be made, complained and they took it again - same response.

Voted with my feet, have 4 sons between 6 and 20 and used to spend around £2k a year in their stores, couldn't care less about the £25, but they sell you crap and virtually call you liars to your face, will never get another penny of mine!!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Shops provide a service. If they have something I want , then I go in.

Places like USC, Ted Baker, other "fashionable" shops.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Shops provide a service. If they have something I want , then I go in. "

Ahhhhh Anne Summers again this weekend Ryan ?

Car phone warehouse hate the customer service and the way they treat people in general they also own talk talk won't ever go with them either

Hollister! Can't see a chuffing thing .....lights please!

"Tesco. They think customers are stupid so I voted with my feet."

Hear hear!!!!Our local store is an absolute disgrace....worst shopping experience ever!!!

starbucks Nike mcdonalds subway

Not sure if its focus or homebase, i know where it is though. We went in to buy a brand new kitchen about £6000 and the lad sat lent against the table chewing gum. So we left and travelled another 25 miles to b&q where we had excellent service.

We phoned up the manager of the shop and complained as we had the lads name H apologized but never heard anything else

b&q

had a refund for the faulty hamocks they sold £99.99 . gave us a credit note , went in after a couple of months to buy a strimmer they wouldnt honour it . said they couldnt read a number, sent it to head office to check . told lie after lie gave up in the end

wont go back

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

99 p stores, they're so cheap, not a patch on poundland

a local butchers that sold us a wierd chicken - took it back and they werent the most pleasant so on principle i never went back

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I have refused McDonalds, KFC etc for the last 10 years or so - I hate what they stand for and I dont' like fast food anyway.

I dont mind TK Max for some gym stuff - I dont care if it was last year's fashion and I find what I need.

Not keen on Primark as our local store always smells really sweaty - probably an airconditioning problem.

Not a fan of Tesco but sometimes their Tesco Express outlets allow me to buy what I need without the hassle of the greater stores. I dont like Tesco for the way they treat employees and suppliers.

Quite like Aldi and Lidl but it depends on the locality - some are great, others not so good.

I do like (some) M & S stuff and Waitrose so often I get the standard stuff including cleaning materials from Aldi and Lidl and some of the nicer things from M & S and Waitrose.

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

Would love to be able to have the choice about not going into any of the shops mentioned already.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Car phone warehouse hate the customer service and the way they treat people in general they also own talk talk won't ever go with them either "

funny enough I use to work for them.. and i ended up leaving because there _iew of customer service had changed...... it ended up being about the bottom line then it did about the customer, which brought people in in the first place....

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

The Turkish owned shop at the corner of goat lane .......even if ur bill is £8 .01 pence.....they wouldn't let u off the penny......

Not a good way to run a small community shop....

"Hollister! Can't see a chuffing thing .....lights please! "

haha yeah you cant just pop in you have to go in and acclimatise

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Shops provide a service. If they have something I want , then I go in.

Ahhhhh Anne Summers again this weekend Ryan ?"

I do like her basques

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"I don't find Asda expensive. I find it dirt cheap.

It's the cheapness that worries me as I can't help but wonder how it's done. I got a duck for £6 at Christmas - I thought it might glow radioactive but it was very good.

The cheapness of their 'fresh food' gives me the eebie jeebies. Sometimes it's sweating in bags.... and I near puke when I see ready made mashed veg etc..... it looks like war zone catering and people eat it !!

"

I got a duck for £6 at Christmas -

Typo?

I try to avoid tesco's where possible. But I agree, if a shop has something I want I go in. I actually rarely shop on the high street much anymore.

Starbucks love the coffee but seeing as they do not pay taxes in uk that they earn here refuse to do so.

Tesco - unless I'm absolutely desperate and there's no other option....

They act like they are above god, and yet have awful choice and lots of rubbish own-brand stuff.

But my biggest gripe is their attitude that cares nothing for the local economy or other businesses.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Evans over priced clothes and they are so out of touch with the current market when it comes to plus size clothing.

Starbucks, since they started asking your name and writing it on the cup. I only want a coffee, not a lifelong friend.

BTW don't knock Tescos, I needed a few electronic things after Christmas and went through Argos, PC World and the like - five different shops didn't have one item I needed, but I got it all in Tescos.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

My village shop because the asshole of a manager sacked me because I refused to wear a skirt!! Pain in the arse but I go to the next village!!

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Starbucks, since they started asking your name and writing it on the cup. I only want a coffee, not a lifelong friend. "

next time tell em 'mike hunt'

Wolf

"Evans over priced clothes and they are so out of touch with the current market when it comes to plus size clothing. "
Have a look at Ulla Popken online - they have some nice stuf from size 16 to 32 I think.

"Starbucks, since they started asking your name and writing it on the cup. I only want a coffee, not a lifelong friend.

next time tell em 'mike hunt'

Wolf "

Took me a minute to work that one out - doh

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"None! There are a few I might not choose to buy anything in but don't dislike any enough to avoid out of principle."

Same here.

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

wombourne

Ikea. Simply shocking quality.

By *hropscouple27Couple  over a year ago

Sth Staffs

"Asda since Wal-Mart took over. They are notorious in the US for the poor treatment of employees."

They have treated me pretty well over the last 3 years or so. I've also picked up a good profit related bonus this month.

By *aestro1985Man  over a year ago

London

Harrods - Too cheap...prefer something a bit upmarket

Wilkinsons is my favourite shop, now i believe they differ all over the country and some sell crap so im told. But ours is wonderful and each week has at least 6 well named brands for 99p like this week linx shower gel is one of them so i stock my son up, but they are cheaper than anywhere else for all home stuff and toiletries and even the pound shop is the same price on some of the stuff

"Asda since Wal-Mart took over. They are notorious in the US for the poor treatment of employees.

They have treated me pretty well over the last 3 years or so. I've also picked up a good profit related bonus this month. "

I also work for ASDA.

Been there 2yrs now and love it its brill.

MD

There's only one shop I won't go in and that's because of the owner. It's a very 'me' shop and he could've made a lot of money from me.

Places like Topshop are a given, they don't do my size, but I wouldn't say no to buying something for someone else

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

starbucks, costa and any other coffee place. Cant stand coffee

Lush because it gives me a migraine.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

In all honesty there isnt a shop i wouldnt set foot in, there are shops i dont particularly like and dont shop in as i dont like the layout, Fia has mentioned TKMaxx, its like a disorganised jumble sale , i dont like Lush, it makes me sneeze, but someone has already said i dont rule out going into these shops if it was to get something for someone else.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Lush

There is none but don't go out of my way to shop in them, prefer better shops. These are two I don't buy anything in unless I am desparate:

Matalan because I don't see why one has to have a card to shop in it, its nothing special

Primark; cheap, tacky and only fit for dressing up clothes for my second job

Asda; skimp too much on the material meaning I have to buy a bigger size. I do however buy my work pumps in there as they are cheap

"Wilkinsons is my favourite shop, now i believe they differ all over the country and some sell crap so im told. But ours is wonderful and each week has at least 6 well named brands for 99p like this week linx shower gel is one of them so i stock my son up, but they are cheaper than anywhere else for all home stuff and toiletries and even the pound shop is the same price on some of the stuff"

Ours is the same

"

I don't buy Asda's fruit any more as its just poor quality and doesn't last, I nip into either Tescos express or a cheap new veg shop in town as I don't mind then if it doesn't last as its less money wasted than Asda

"There is none but don't go out of my way to shop in them, prefer better shops. These are two I don't buy anything in unless I am desparate:

Matalan because I don't see why one has to have a card to shop in it, its nothing special

Asda; skimp too much on the material meaning I have to buy a bigger size. I do however buy my work pumps in there as they are cheap"

You don't have to have a card to shop there but I think you get like 10% off certain things if you do (or at least that's what I was told ages ago when I asked the cashier what they were actually for!)

I don't buy much from Matalan simply because I'm/their clothes are the wrong shape! You can't have a big bum if you want their jeans, even the bigger sizes hardly cover my bum

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I avoid Tesco unless I have absolutely no choice.

Betting shops. There are too many of them and they all look horrible.

Another vote for starbucks.

B&Q and wicks because both of them use wood that's felled from the Borneo fain forest and pushing orangutangs to the brink of extinction

Rain*

Greggs!

I work for a small local bakers

"There is none but don't go out of my way to shop in them, prefer better shops. These are two I don't buy anything in unless I am desparate:

Asda; skimp too much on the material meaning I have to buy a bigger size. I do however buy my work pumps in there as they are cheap

You don't have to have a card to shop there but I think you get like 10% off certain things if you do (or at least that's what I was told ages ago when I asked the cashier what they were actually for!)

I don't buy much from Matalan simply because I'm/their clothes are the wrong shape! You can't have a big bum if you want their jeans, even the bigger sizes hardly cover my bum "

Odd as the times I have been there, got to the till and the first thing the woman asked for was my card otherwise she wouldn't let me pay for it

Primark, poundland because I'm a snob!!!

By *etanreadyCouple  over a year ago

dover

JJB SPORTS, terrible customer service,said to manager that if i didnt get refund i would never shop there again, that was 10 years ago, just wonder how much money they have lost in sales since then , used to run a kids football team haha.

PC World. as a computer engineer i am shocked at what people have been sold by them. Totally inappropriate systems that are never up to the task that the person(s) requested. the number of times i have had to tell a client that they need to upgrade for it to work correctly.

"In all honesty there isnt a shop i wouldnt set foot in, there are shops i dont particularly like and dont shop in as i dont like the layout, Fia has mentioned TKMaxx, its like a disorganised jumble sale , i dont like Lush, it makes me sneeze, but someone has already said i dont rule out going into these shops if it was to get something for someone else. "

Yet I love TK Maxx - the Cheadle one is always full of bargains - got some fab designer dresses there and shoes at a fraction of the price in John Lewis. And it is well-run and organised.

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

Not keen on TK Max but have bought some shoes in there, Primark - utter madness in there, don't do my size and the kids stuff isn't cheap in comparison to the tacky adult stuff, Tesco - flaming joke on food quality (but good for cat litter).

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

JJB sport

Argos

Any pound shop

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"B&Q and wicks because both of them use wood that's felled from the Borneo fain forest and pushing orangutangs to the brink of extinction "

Changed my mind: Wickes! Sorry, not because of rainforests or orangutans but because the lazy fucker who delivered 30 boxes of floor and wall tiles told me it was his job to deliver them not get them off the lorry.

Thankfully my next door neighbour and his builders carried them in for me.

By *damandeve4funCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Any butchers...KFC....McDonald's...Burger King...

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

Disney

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Body shop. I always get pounced on by some patronising teenager just making her quota of sales.

Asda ....

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"B&Q and wicks because both of them use wood that's felled from the Borneo fain forest and pushing orangutangs to the brink of extinction "
I hope you are tee total then!

Carphone Warehouse - had the most appalling service from them the other week. Will never set foot in there again.

"In all honesty there isnt a shop i wouldnt set foot in, there are shops i dont particularly like and dont shop in as i dont like the layout, Fia has mentioned TKMaxx, its like a disorganised jumble sale , i dont like Lush, it makes me sneeze, but someone has already said i dont rule out going into these shops if it was to get something for someone else.

Yet I love TK Maxx - the Cheadle one is always full of bargains - got some fab designer dresses there and shoes at a fraction of the price in John Lewis. And it is well-run and organised."

Yes Cheadle is a decent store and better since the refit. However, some of their stores are shocking and do have the appearance of a bring 'n' buy sale.

"Asda since Wal-Mart took over. They are notorious in the US for the poor treatment of employees."

They have a good reputation in the UK though. Employees in the US in general probably do not fare as well as we do in the UK.

"Asda since Wal-Mart took over. They are notorious in the US for the poor treatment of employees.

They have a good reputation in the UK though. Employees in the US in general probably do not fare as well as we do in the UK. "

Saw it for myself when I went to Florida. When they took over Asda I simply said I wouldn't ever go there as it still supports the poor treatment in the US.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

They have a good reputation in the UK though. Employees in the US in general probably do not fare as well as we do in the UK.

Saw it for myself when I went to Florida. When they took over Asda I simply said I wouldn't ever go there as it still supports the poor treatment in the US."

Dead peasants policies.

"

ASDA run their business more efficiently than Tesco and Sainsbury's and pass the benefits onto the consumer within reason. Let's not forget that they exist to create profit for their shareholders and in the process provide sustainable employment for a lot of people in the UK.

I mainly shop in Aldi - and only use either Tesco or Sainsbury for stuff I cannot get there.

sex shops

"In all honesty there isnt a shop i wouldnt set foot in, there are shops i dont particularly like and dont shop in as i dont like the layout, Fia has mentioned TKMaxx, its like a disorganised jumble sale , i dont like Lush, it makes me sneeze, but someone has already said i dont rule out going into these shops if it was to get something for someone else.

Yet I love TK Maxx - the Cheadle one is always full of bargains - got some fab designer dresses there and shoes at a fraction of the price in John Lewis. And it is well-run and organised."

At a guess, I bet you didn't get any of your pic outfits from there!

Obviosly most peopl who are posting live in a wyrdworld and not in the real world....glass houses and all that..mm

I do wonder sometimes ??

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"TK Maxx, it makes me itch because its like a jumble sale!

Primark - it smells of chav and cheap so I refuse to go in! "

EXACTLY! Awful places.

By *ayb1970Man  over a year ago

Somerset

All of them!....................

Those damn awful chavvy sport shops that look like a jumble sale....

» Add a new message to this topic