FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > welfare to work

welfare to work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ctavius Stunt OP   Man  over a year ago

london

So in these tough times the govt decided to spend £5 billion of your money on welfare to work. The welfare to work programme managed to find 20 jobs. Yes 20 jobs. Is this money well spent ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Where are the figures on just 20 to finding work?

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Wonder how many of their friends run these programs.

The public accounts commitee revealed yesterday that the scheme had failed terribly - only getting 3.6% of anyone placed on it into any form of job.

Only twenty people chucked off incapacity benefit were capable of more than three months in work.

Perhaps they really were ill.

They couldn't find real jobs for any young unemployed people.

london

"Wonder how many of their friends run these programs. "

Honestly what are you suggesting lol do you really think the govt would distribute £5 billion of tax payers money to its mates ?

I know they did that with the banks but surely that was something different altogether wasnt it ?

Also if these companys who are supposed experts in the field of finding jobs for people couldnt do it, should we lay off the unemployed a little bit and stop blaming them that they arent trying hard enough to find work ?

london

"The public accounts commitee revealed yesterday that the scheme had failed terribly - only getting 3.6% of anyone placed on it into any form of job.

Only twenty people chucked off incapacity benefit were capable of more than three months in work.

Perhaps they really were ill.

They couldn't find real jobs for any young unemployed people.

"

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The Work Programme was badly designed and the tendering process left a lot to be desired.

The scheme rewards parking the most difficult cases because it costs too much to help those furthest from work back into work. The lead contractors push the risk down to their sub-contractors. I haven't met one person who has got a job that will allow their success to be claimed as an output because they have felt the programme hindered them getting work.

london

"The Work Programme was badly designed and the tendering process left a lot to be desired.

The scheme rewards parking the most difficult cases because it costs too much to help those furthest from work back into work. The lead contractors push the risk down to their sub-contractors. I haven't met one person who has got a job that will allow their success to be claimed as an output because they have felt the programme hindered them getting work."

I see it as a robbery by the govt to disperse tax payers money to their corporate friends. Really it is criminal activity to me. Tax payers should be outraged by it and see it for what it is.

"The Work Programme was badly designed and the tendering process left a lot to be desired.

The scheme rewards parking the most difficult cases because it costs too much to help those furthest from work back into work. The lead contractors push the risk down to their sub-contractors. I haven't met one person who has got a job that will allow their success to be claimed as an output because they have felt the programme hindered them getting work.

I see it as a robbery by the govt to disperse tax payers money to their corporate friends. Really it is criminal activity to me. Tax payers should be outraged by it and see it for what it is."

Maybe people will start to now that the figures are in. The profound thing for me is that the incapacitated remained so and couldn't work for any sustained period and were thus back on benefits within three months.

The whole welfare overhaul proposed by the government is failing. ATOS, Welfare to Work, Workfare, and now even the bedroom tax is being thought out again.

I mean. How can you tax people for not living in accomodation that you, as a Government can't provide?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I was on a Back to Work Programme and was on Job Seekers at the time. Found them not very helpful but had to go every week or I would get my JSA stopped.

I am now in a temporary position and my contract runs out in a week.

Not exactly a success as it's not a permanent position and the Back to work programme keep checking I'm still working as it's the only way they will collect the fee due to them. The longer I'm in work the more they collect.

By *preadeagleCouple  over a year ago

hull

My brother is on some kind of thing like this and as he keeps all reference numbers of jobs applied to they don't bother with him much he got sent to an interview to build caravans which he is not skilled for he worked in warehouses all his working life so shows how much notice these people take of past work history and because he is 34 they refuse to reskill because he's too old !!!

» Add a new message to this topic