FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > anyone know radio code for a jag?

anyone know radio code for a jag?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I left my lights on and the battery went dead and I cant find my handbook for the car but now the radio is asking for a code anyone know it or where I can find it please?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"I left my lights on and the battery went dead and I cant find my handbook for the car but now the radio is asking for a code anyone know it or where I can find it please?"

In the handbook perhaps?

By *rbadguy64Couple  over a year ago

bangor

Try googling it , type the question in and see what you get

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm fairly sure, assuming you have all the books etc, that there will be a radio booklet with the code.

Failing that, give a Jag dealer a call and give him the VIN number from which he should be able to tell you.

For interest, what Jag is it?

I cant find my handbook

Um? VIN number?

Its a 2005 2 litre X -type Jag estate sports

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"I cant find my handbook

Um? VIN number?

Its a 2005 2 litre X -type Jag estate sports"

The VIN is the Vehicle Identification Number.

For a car of that age, you'll have had it MOT'd, so the VIN will appear on the MOT Certificate the garage provided.

From that, ask your nearest Jag dealership for help.

The VIN number can be found bottom left of your windscreen from outside the car, under your tax disc. It's the unique identifier for legals and dealerships.

Just wondered as I (D) work for JLR.

Good luck

Thanks

By *omnlynneCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

each radio code is unique to the car if the code has been changed by any owner only way to unlock is local car hi fi shop can hook the system up to a computer with decoding software normally costs 10 to 15 quid.

good luck

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

if you know how to get the set out send me the seriol no an im pritty sure i can get code for ya. mail me

Nothing to do with vin or chasis numbers. Its simply a security code for the radio itself...like a pin number. Nip to a jag dealer and they will provide it....probably at a cost though

I need one for my zafira have to take it to a dealer

"Nothing to do with vin or chasis numbers. Its simply a security code for the radio itself...like a pin number. Nip to a jag dealer and they will provide it....probably at a cost though "

So you don't think we (JLR) know what radio code should be allocated to each car? From a build perspective, all of that kind of info is recorded

For my x type its on a small card, roughly inch sq, which was in the handbook wallet when I got the car, in the glove box, might have been written into service book or stuck into a page somewhere, its a 4 digit pin. As said before nothing to do with VIN

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I needed my code last year and my car is 8 yrs old I phoned the workshop where I bought it they gave me the code. It maybe because I had bought it new that they had it. I'm not sure

"Nothing to do with vin or chasis numbers. Its simply a security code for the radio itself...like a pin number. Nip to a jag dealer and they will provide it....probably at a cost though

So you don't think we (JLR) know what radio code should be allocated to each car? From a build perspective, all of that kind of info is recorded "

good for you.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I didn't think they are universal.

You could get a man in who charges about a tenner to give you a new one.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"For my x type its on a small card, roughly inch sq, which was in the handbook wallet when I got the car, in the glove box, might have been written into service book or stuck into a page somewhere, its a 4 digit pin. As said before nothing to do with VIN"

the Vin identifies the vehicle and if the radio is the one fitted at the factory the dealers will be able to trace the code

if you bought the car second hand the radio might have been removed for safety and then the code will be written on the radio in felt tip pen

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

The above is assuming its the same radio supplied with the car as often they can get changed.

Call the dealer that supplied the vehicle that can be found in the front of the service book.

What you are looking for is a small card with a number printed on it four digets generally. Alternatively it could be just written in the Service Book at the front or back.

Good luck.

"I left my lights on and the battery went dead and I cant find my handbook for the car but now the radio is asking for a code anyone know it or where I can find it please?"
check eBay for code software use vin of radio serial number. Can be as little as £2 or go to a dealer and ask then flutter you eyes.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I'm right, no he's right doh!

The moral to the story is never ask on here.

Cover it in peanut butter the code will show through the display

» Add a new message to this topic