FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you love your children the same ?

Do you love your children the same ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Favor one more then other or same ?? Like gran kids do you like one more or all the same .? I was closer to my dad then my mum I was a daddy's girl . All my life and my sister was always the clever one my mum loved that about her.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well i only have one child so its a simple answer from me. My sister and I where and still are to some extent treated equally

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I treat my kids equally. My parents favoured my older brother over me so he shall inherit and I won't.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Great question - my kids are forever (probably jokingly) accusing me of favouring one. But as all of them say that about the others I think I must have got it about right. The truth is Ilove all of them the same and I appreciate them for their individuality.

That said when they say things like that... I ask them back whether they love their mum or their dad more.. gets them everytime

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I love my children the same I think - but don't always like them the same - if that makes sense.

I think i spoilt my younger girl more .. i have all my 4 .. but younger one we had alot in common our love of horses and things.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I love my children the same I think - but don't always like them the same - if that makes sense."

When callum used to play me up i used to say to him, i will always love you but right now i dont like you

"I love my children the same I think - but don't always like them the same - if that makes sense."
Perfect sense!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love my niece and nephews the same but one of my nephews is a right little shite and he bugs the hell out of me.

Yeah yeah I'm a bad uncle blah blah

They are different, and get fed with different species specific food. However, they usually get the same treats.

The cat does not like toast so only the dog gets toasts.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"I love my children the same I think - but don't always like them the same - if that makes sense.Perfect sense! "
i agree

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I am the one that still gets spoilt rotten.. My sister is settled down got a husband that worships the ground she walks on and 2 adorable kids.. My parents know I am on my own and don't have anyone to spoil me so they do it... I have such amazing parents. I used to be jealous of my sister even when growing up as she was the popular one within the family. I got away with murder growing up. I am my dad's favourite I guess he still sees me as his little girl..

"I am the one that still gets spoilt rotten.. My sister is settled down got a husband that worships the ground she walks on and 2 adorable kids.. My parents know I am on my own and don't have anyone to spoil me so they do it... I have such amazing parents. I used to be jealous of my sister even when growing up as she was the popular one within the family. I got away with murder growing up. I am my dad's favourite I guess he still sees me as his little girl.."

I'd worship the ground you walk on

"I am the one that still gets spoilt rotten.. My sister is settled down got a husband that worships the ground she walks on and 2 adorable kids.. My parents know I am on my own and don't have anyone to spoil me so they do it... I have such amazing parents. I used to be jealous of my sister even when growing up as she was the popular one within the family. I got away with murder growing up. I am my dad's favourite I guess he still sees me as his little girl.."
well you make the most of it all xxx its lovely .. miss my dad and not close to mum and when its gone you miss it .. i do. xx

I could not imagine loving another child like my first until he came along and I love him just as much!!!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I am the one that still gets spoilt rotten.. My sister is settled down got a husband that worships the ground she walks on and 2 adorable kids.. My parents know I am on my own and don't have anyone to spoil me so they do it... I have such amazing parents. I used to be jealous of my sister even when growing up as she was the popular one within the family. I got away with murder growing up. I am my dad's favourite I guess he still sees me as his little girl..well you make the most of it all xxx its lovely .. miss my dad and not close to mum and when its gone you miss it .. i do. xx"

I have a huge bond with my dad.. My mum knows what buttons to press with me and she presses them!! However she is a feisty woman who I know loves me soo much.. Its only recently we have formed a bond

By *an and wifeyCouple  over a year ago

n lincs

We have 4 boys ranging from 10 up to 19 and our 13 year old has slight learning difficulty.s. Still at normal school and all that but our 10 year old is as clever. We were having tea last Sunday all 6 at the table which seems to be a rarity now a days and i looked at my 13 year old after my 10 year old had joked some thing about him and said no matter how good or bad you get on in life and school as long as you do your best there will be no favourites in this house me and your mum will love all 4 of you equally the same and never to worry that they are not favoured in any way

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I only have my daughter so she gets all my love. I came from a family of four and I found my mum favoured my older brother as he was her first born, and also my younger brother as he was the baby of the family. me and my sister were the middle ones and got blamed for most lol.

i only had one son so he got lots of attention. i always said that if i had more than one child that i would treat them the same because my parents had their favourates and they were always comparing us to each other.

when my dad died he left the house to my oldist brother, my son and other brother werent to happy about it but i wasnt surprised at all.

By * n zCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

I have a son and two daughters and I can honestly say they all get treated the same .......they all have their good and bad points .......but I would be devistated if any of them felt they weren't loved as much as their siblings, its a pet hate of mine so I've always made a point of making sure this doesn't happen .

A

Perfectly, I love all my kids equally but differently.

My parents always made it clear I wasn't the favourite. I will never do the same.

"I have a son and two daughters and I can honestly say they all get treated the same .......they all have their good and bad points .......but I would be devistated if any of them felt they weren't loved as much as their siblings, its a pet hate of mine so I've always made a point of making sure this doesn't happen .

A"

Fairness (in treating them equally) can sometimes be a really difficult thing to achieve. For example mine would question why one was allowed to be up later than the other (and two of them are close in age)... so I spent a lot of time having to explaing what in my eyes was fair.

Sometimes they would do a "Kevin"... claiming that I... life... everything was just sooooo unfair

"I love my children the same I think - but don't always like them the same - if that makes sense.Perfect sense! "

Lol not just me that gets a houseful of little Kevins then lol

"Lol not just me that gets a houseful of little Kevins then lol "
Nope and they tend to stay there for what seems like a long time

But fear not... they come out of it... eventually. Then, they call themselves...errr... No, on reflection I wont say

i know someone who very clearly favours her boy over her girl, yet she cant see it and will say she treats them both the same..

By * n zCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

"I have a son and two daughters and I can honestly say they all get treated the same .......they all have their good and bad points .......but I would be devistated if any of them felt they weren't loved as much as their siblings, its a pet hate of mine so I've always made a point of making sure this doesn't happen .

A

Fairness (in treating them equally) can sometimes be a really difficult thing to achieve. For example mine would question why one was allowed to be up later than the other (and two of them are close in age)... so I spent a lot of time having to explaing what in my eyes was fair.

Sometimes they would do a "Kevin"... claiming that I... life... everything was just sooooo unfair "

Oh yes its not easy its true.....and yes the eldest can do more, stay up later etc ...... But I make sure for example my son got his first mobile phone age 10, so my daughter also had to wait till she was 10 before she got one and my 7 yr old will do the same, I have a similar rule re tv in bedroom (12) .........

It's a big balancing act, and I tell them all equaly how beautiful/handsome they are, and make sure their individual talents are appreciated......

It's certainly not easy being a mum, but amazingly rewarding too xx

A

"i know someone who very clearly favours her boy over her girl, yet she cant see it and will say she treats them both the same.. "
That is quite tough on (both) children - what a shame she does not see it.

"

It's certainly not easy being a mum, but amazingly rewarding too xx

A"

I have never ever regretted any of it.

I remember being devastated when pregnant for the second time, I told my mum I was afraid I could never love another child as my heart only had enough for my (then) husband and child.

My mum said to not be silly as every child brings their own love, she was right.

My heart burst each time I saw that new scrunched face after all three were born, and I fell instantly in love with each of them in the same way .... it never leaves.

» Add a new message to this topic