Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

to wink or not to wink

Personally I am grateful for anything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

No thx

Personally, we think people who send a wink are to lazy to read profiles / send messages

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't mind them actually, most people that take the time to write a nice messages end up on here moaning they just get deleted and ignored by most, so can understand why some people might use them.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"No thx

Personally, we think people who send a wink are to lazy to read profiles / send messages

"

Quite true, we normally ignore winks, if people wanna meet they should send a message. Its the most pointless addon in this entire site

We never look at them

the thing is that if you send a message a lot of people probably think it's copied and pasted or it's too lengthy or not lengthy enough.

Not sure about the winks. Probably quite pointless.

"No thx

"

personally I have never understood this belief, winks can be handy IMO, profiles are not always so clear as to what they are seeking so a polite wink could suffice, I say polite as it's easier for those winked to ignore than a message (depending on attitude of course).

if we receive a wink, we take a look and if we like we wink back, sometimes we receive nothing back from that, sometimes we receive a message and it leads from there.

Winks are a part of this site so should not be considered a bad thing if used.

just my opinion and not aimed directly at your good selves though quoted you, it's just I see this often and don't quite get it.

"No thx

Quite true, we normally ignore winks, if people wanna meet they should send a message. Its the most pointless addon in this entire site"

just a thought, but if people want to meet then they should send a message, well, if you like who's winked, then send a message.

i think a wink a good idea if u think u not goin to get a reply!! at least u know if u get a wink back there may be a hope of it leadin somewhere even if its not goin to end in a meet! xx

What may be good is if a small comment could be added to the wink, even a pre text one, little comments like, love your profile, would love to meet, or like to chat?, etc.

just another little thought.

hi all

had a wink from someone a few weeks ago ..

checked there profile and plain as day was a warning not to wink at them as they preferred a message to make it more personal what a fecking cheek

did make me laugh

I likes a nice wink on occasions

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"What may be good is if a small comment could be added to the wink, even a pre text one, little comments like, love your profile, would love to meet, or like to chat?, etc."

I agree, the problem with just sending a wink means someone has to make contact with email, if they send a wink, it's them that should send a polite message, it's not for the recipient of a wink to do the chasing

"What may be good is if a small comment could be added to the wink, even a pre text one, little comments like, love your profile, would love to meet, or like to chat?, etc."

I really like that idea too, have a few options other than just a wink (flirt/kiss/hug/bite etc).

"What may be good is if a small comment could be added to the wink, even a pre text one, little comments like, love your profile, would love to meet, or like to chat?, etc.

I really like that idea too, have a few options other than just a wink (flirt/kiss/hug/bite etc). "

I like that idea !!! x x

By *xstephbxxCouple  over a year ago

hyde

..Picture this....

Ever been in a 'straight' club,pub etc and had a couple,single glance over ??

Now, if he,she or they had given that certain smile, nod or wink....

That is how we view winks on here. If we didn't like them in a straight, swinging environment etc then we could simply look away... Gone is all the need for endless talk ( messages), ignorant brush off's etc....

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I tend to use winks if I see people looking at my profile a lot, but with the silhouette and a one liner profile. No point writing a message (no way of personalising it), but maybe it'll provoke a response.

Received winks - have only had a couple, if that, probably from the same profile type. They get back as much effort as they've put in

(and yes, I do see the double standard)

"..Picture this....

Ever been in a 'straight' club,pub etc and had a couple,single glance over ??

Now, if he,she or they had given that certain smile, nod or wink....

That is how we view winks on here. If we didn't like them in a straight, swinging environment etc then we could simply look away... Gone is all the need for endless talk ( messages), ignorant brush off's etc...."

I agree, I personally like winks

Remember in the old fashioned days of 'spot a girl in a pub and give her wink'?

It was bloody good way of gauging whether she was interested or not. I think the wink feature shoulds be used by men but what they need on here for the ladies is a 'xxx pinched your arse' function. I always felt a little pleased when I had my arse pinched by a sexy girl in a club or pub, it made me feel attractive. And I used to wink at ladies I liked, coz it worked, sometimes.

I got a wink from a couple, sent a message thanking them for said wink, message was deleted then I was blocked

"What may be good is if a small comment could be added to the wink, even a pre text one, little comments like, love your profile, would love to meet, or like to chat?, etc.

I agree, the problem with just sending a wink means someone has to make contact with email, if they send a wink, it's them that should send a polite message, it's not for the recipient of a wink to do the chasing "

A little wink back to kinda say you are happy for them to contact you is good also.

I ignore mine, regardless who it is, sorry!

To me, it takes no time to write a couple of lines in a message, so sending winks is just lazy IMHO.

Hence I am not interested in winks

» Add a new message to this topic