FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Verified accounts

Verified accounts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all, haven't really posted a thread on the forums before. So here goes...

Are there many verified people on here who are fake?

We have our suspicions but we haven't developed that sixth sense yet.

Sure we have been talking to one or two, which seems a little frustrating.

Thank you.

Laura xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep i have come across verified users who have turned out not to be what they claim to be.

Also have spoken to someone who had a hidden veri but would not go on cam or give out a number she had been mailing me for weeks,found it all a bit suss as it was always trying to get flirty and do the sex chat,i won't unless ive spoken to them.

"Hi all, haven't really posted a thread on the forums before. So here goes...

Are there many verified people on here who are fake?

We have our suspicions but we haven't developed that sixth sense yet.

Sure we have been talking to one or two, which seems a little frustrating.

Thank you.

Laura xx "

Yes is the answer, people can be verified via webcam, not even showing their face and still get verified.

Also people with fake accounts can verify themselves using different pc's/phone to avoid the "isp" issue.

Thank you for the replies.

Yeah they seem to have hidden veri's.

don't mind giving numbers out but they only want to talk to myself and 'can only text at the minute', busy at work etc

Laura xx

Yeah that's what id had would never talk to my man always wanted to talk to me.

You will very quickly get the spidey sense about people on here. If they will only speak to you, (walk) if you have the slightest suspicion (walk) if they no pics (walk) if they won't go on cam (walk)

Jesus I do a lot of walking no wonder I have great legs x

There are so many really cool and super interesting with bodies of a Greek god on here ( namely me ) you can always afford to be suspisious

Fin xx

Theres a small amount of people who claim to be the real thing without verifications,and tell you they choose not to in order to miximise the discretion thing. This must be tricky for them to prove they are non-fake i guess,and who wants to ping-pong messages for days looking for some kind of proof they are real?

Some guys will join the site and quickly get their mate who is also on site to ping them a veri, simply to gain the reassuring green tick, im sure there are various combinations that do this too.

My rule of thumb is, "on 6months or more and non-verified, dubious".

"You will very quickly get the spidey sense about people on here. If they will only speak to you, (walk) if you have the slightest suspicion (walk) if they no pics (walk) if they won't go on cam (walk)

Jesus I do a lot of walking no wonder I have great legs x

There are so many really cool and super interesting with bodies of a Greek god on here ( namely me ) you can always afford to be suspisious

Fin xx"

Haha yeah we should start walking with you lol

I have started using the block button more and I'm sure it's starting to wear out on here.

That's the reason we haven't blocked newbies or unverfied yet.

What's the point when they slip through the net anyway?

L xx

Yes plenty... I've been chatting a couple of times on here and been.asked to.verify without even meeting or chatting. I didn't

The longer you on the site the more aware you become!

We have been asked to verify people we haven't even spoke to, seen or met!

We just report block and move on!

Good luck

Hi guys!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the forums!!

Are there fakes? Undoubtedly!! Especially in the market you're seeking (it's rare to find a fake single guy - timewasters and fantasists, yes - but not a lot to be gained by a fake profile given the numbers on site!).

As others have said, you'll soon get a good idea of potential warning signs - hidden veri's, webcam only, an aversion to sending pics and phone numbers - and the good old don't have a webcam/it's broken! Surprising the number of couples where 'she' is always busy or where 'he' makes all the arrangements!!

I always pay close attention to (often multiple and recent) meet in person verifications and yes, I'll back track these to see who's left them. Those meeting regularly, particularly with a healthy mix of social, play and club meets will rarely be fake!

And as you've expressed an interest in clubs - this proves for many to be the safest way of meeting genuine folk - i'm not a local to you but I have been to cupids and its a great venue! Another good tip is to search couples similar to yourselves and see who they've been meeting - nothing wrong with a bit of networking and you can often find some great company that way!

But common sense, an unhurried approach and - sadly - a sense of caution during initial contact - are the best tools to reduce as much as possible interacting with those looking to dupe you.

Good luck and happy hunting !!!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Welcome to the forums! Just to add to what Obi said - there's an arranged social on 30th March in the gay village...not a bad idea to get your name down on that and you'll meet lots of Fab members (and the odd loony who probably shouldn't be allowed out of Arse End without a carer ) the thread is http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/uk/146923

if you fancied putting your name down

» Add a new message to this topic