FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cruel parenting

cruel parenting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

my 3yr old loves her books but she's got one that you press buttons and it plays a little musical tune. She wont press it once though, she has to press it about 10 times though

I am soooooo close to removing the batteries and telling her it broke

What cruel things have you had to do to save your sanity when it comes to children?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

The queen comes in during the night and steals 40% of your pocket money, she alls this tax and uses it to buy swans to eat

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Told them that when the ice cream man plsys his tune it means he hasnt got ice cream left

"Told them that when the ice cream man plsys his tune it means he hasnt got ice cream left"

oh thats evil.. but so going to use that come the summer time lol

"The queen comes in during the night and steals 40% of your pocket money, she alls this tax and uses it to buy swans to eat"

Are you saying you take money off your kids?!

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I've always told my daughter that the alarm detectors are cameras direct to Father Christmas and he switches them on to check she was being good!!!

I also knew one day she was lying about something she'd done so I told her that they also recorded everything and I could watch them back which obviously got a confession out of her cos she thought she'd been rumbled!! This did come back and bite me though when some months later she had lost something she needed for school and declared its ok mum you can just watch the video to see when I last had it!! Oops

"Told them that when the ice cream man plsys his tune it means he hasnt got ice cream left

oh thats evil.. but so going to use that come the summer time lol"

Hahaha, see good parenting tip

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Told them that when the ice cream man plsys his tune it means he hasnt got ice cream left"

Lol I told my daughter for long enough that it was the milkman that played tunes so she never asked!!

put the clocks forward two hours and told them its time for bed

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"my 3yr old loves her books but she's got one that you press buttons and it plays a little musical tune. She wont press it once though, she has to press it about 10 times though

What cruel things have you had to do to save your sanity when it comes to children? "

Put several layers od selotape over the speaker holes. It will reduce the volume significantly.

Several of my sons toys have selotape on them

selotapeeeee i might just have some in the kitchen drawer

When my boys were about 4 they were messing about and wouldnt get ready for bed....i told them a story about the pajama police,about 5 mins later and perfect timing some sirens loud and flashing were going to a nieghbours ive never seen them move so fast in tears begging me to send them away.

They got ready for bed on time for ages.

Told my daughter there is a sugar allowance and if you go over it you get sick so you can only have that much in a day.

"Told them that when the ice cream man plsys his tune it means he hasnt got ice cream left

oh thats evil.. but so going to use that come the summer time lol

Hahaha, see good parenting tip "

that used to work however our 12 year has figured out its a lie ( damn)

"my 3yr old loves her books but she's got one that you press buttons and it plays a little musical tune. She wont press it once though, she has to press it about 10 times though

What cruel things have you had to do to save your sanity when it comes to children? "

I avoided buying any noisy toys all together lol

Wee Willy Winkie knocks at my door most evenings.. I even had a conversation with myself the other night.. Works a treat

When my nephews and nieces used to visit I'd hide the wii and the Xbox and say that as I had no children I had no toys in the house!

They'd then spend all their visiting time sat plugged into their Nintendo DS's - meaning nothing ever got broken or covered in sticky finger marks!

I also of course had no sweets, Disney films - or in fact that special tv channel that only parents had - cbeebies!!

For some reason they used to love visiting me and sooooo looked forward to their annual invasion!

Its funny what kids get into their heads also.

Years ago taking the boys to school they must have been about 4 or 5 we used to walk past a big factory with a huge chimney...one says to the other santa lives there...the other says no he doesn't and after a lengthy argument he turns round and shouts...don't be so stupid he lives next door to school ive seen him!

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I was once added to a Facebook group (without being asked) called 'Kids Swap Shop'

I said I had a six year old boy I'd like to swap for a new car and a fit brunnette.

Apparently that wasn't the idea. It was about clothes swapping

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

The scrap metal guy drives round our town on a daily basis. You can hear his calls but sometimes cant make out what he is saying.

Told my son he's the child catcher and is calling for all the naughty children!!!!

Works a treat, to get him settled and quiet for a bit!!!!

That fruit shoot gives her an upset tummy because when she has them they send her loopy. But she asks for water at home so no reason why she can't have that out and about!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I use the rule of thumb method someone buys my daughter a noisy toy their kids gets one back louder.

» Add a new message to this topic