FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So F***ING ANNOYED

So F***ING ANNOYED

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ali's mum and dad are both in hospital battling cancer and kidney failure,her mum has 3 weeks to live,they are on the same ward,her mums in a side ward room her dad on a 4 bed ward.today the hospital put Alisons dads bed into her mums side ward so they can spend there days together,when leaving after visiting tonight some wanker approached me and said"how the fuck do you get special treatment" its a hospital and everyone should be the same in hear.i erupted and had to be restrained from kicking the living shit out of this prick.ive calmed a bit now but was i wrong to react the way i did

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ali's mum and dad are both in hospital battling cancer and kidney failure,her mum has 3 weeks to live,they are on the same ward,her mums in a side ward room her dad on a 4 bed ward.today the hospital put Alisons dads bed into her mums side ward so they can spend there days together,when leaving after visiting tonight some wanker approached me and said"how the fuck do you get special treatment" its a hospital and everyone should be the same in hear.i erupted and had to be restrained from kicking the living shit out of this prick.ive calmed a bit now but was i wrong to react the way i did "

I think I would have done the same what the hell is up with some people have they never heard of compassion and dignity. My thoughts are with u both mate

Some people are just bitter,and no i would have reacted that way,if the hospital can help them spend it together that's great and noone has a right to pass judgement on that.

And sorry to hear what your'e going through ive been there and its awful.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Some people just dont think. Im glad to hear that the hospital is being more considerate. Must be a terrible time for you all x

i can understand you doing that, i probably would of felt the same.

sorry to hear about that.

I would have done the same.

My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of need.

G

Wanker being the operative word.The world is full of them.It must be a very stressful time for you both but im so glad your parents are allowed to be together.I wish you well.x

he was very aggressive in the way he said it too and her parents heard what he said,some people are so insensitive

Get so many inconsiderate people should mind there own business

They should have been lucky it wasn't me. Not behaved far more restrained than I would

My thoughts are with you and your family

Cali

Very sad for you and something you didn't need. I have the upmost respect for you restraining yourself. Thoughts are with you both

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Take no notice of them and just point them towards the nursing station as you both have enough to be dealing with. will say a prayer for your folk.

"Ali's mum and dad are both in hospital battling cancer and kidney failure,her mum has 3 weeks to live,they are on the same ward,her mums in a side ward room her dad on a 4 bed ward.today the hospital put Alisons dads bed into her mums side ward so they can spend there days together,when leaving after visiting tonight some wanker approached me and said"how the fuck do you get special treatment" its a hospital and everyone should be the same in hear.i erupted and had to be restrained from kicking the living shit out of this prick.ive calmed a bit now but was i wrong to react the way i did "

You should have smiled and said you did get better treatment than lowlife then asked if they was getting the shitty stick and smiled.

Omfg thats just shocking.

Id bring them together never mind what the hospital said OR wanted as for what any one else had to say about it well they'd be taken to one side..... less said the better. Our Heart go out to you on this very difficult time.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I'd have probably reacted in the same way, but would have pointed him out to hospital security or other staff.

In an age when the NHS is coming in for so much stick and bad press, it is indeed humbling to hear of the considerate approach they have adopted in the case of your parents.

This is a tough time for you but you know full well, that you have all of our support and we are all thinking of you. At least, your parents are together to support themselves in their own small way too.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You have enough to worry about without nasty stupid folk so forget them they are more to be pitied!! Just stay strong for your family xx

"Very sad for you and something you didn't need. I have the upmost respect for you restraining yourself. Thoughts are with you both "

"I'd have probably reacted in the same way, but would have pointed him out to hospital security or other staff.

In an age when the NHS is coming in for so much stick and bad press, it is indeed humbling to hear of the considerate approach they have adopted in the case of your parents.

This is a tough time for you but you know full well, that you have all of our support and we are all thinking of you. At least, your parents are together to support themselves in their own small way too."

it was hospital security that stopped me from getting to him so they know about it

"he was very aggressive in the way he said it too and her parents heard what he said,some people are so insensitive "

The world is full of these idiots guys, if id been there id have been in there too! Gutter trash is everywhere. We got an abusive text today from a couple on here, prob the longest and worthiest attempt at upset iv heard in years. Must of took him ages to think up but we know that kind of people are here so actually found it funny. Chin up guys, had a scary brush and just came thru 3yrs ago, its not nice, beyond inconsiderate but sadly this is the world today. Many hide behind fake tans and bling to cover this ruthless nasty attitude! Hope Alis parents enjoy their time together, its the least the hospital could do given the situ. We hope when the moment comes its a peacful and painless one. x

By *icky55Man  over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

I would of reacted the same way, there are some who have never been in that situation and do not fully understand. So who are we to judge whats wrong or right, forget about it and enjoy the time they have left together, be there for them till the end so they happy memories of family to go to sleep with.

All my best wishes to all of you.

Richard.

No you weren't wrong imo. They're very ill so the hospital's doing what they can to make them comfortable. I'd have reacted the same way

Maybe the 'wanker' wasn't aware of the circumstances that lead to your inlaws being allowed the dignity of sharing their last days together in a hospital side ward ....

Not at all trying to be nasty, but just looking at it from the other side of the fence .......

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Maybe the 'wanker' wasn't aware of the circumstances that lead to your inlaws being allowed the dignity of sharing their last days together in a hospital side ward ....

Not at all trying to be nasty, but just looking at it from the other side of the fence ......."

perhaps they didn't, but if they were unaware of the facts, they should've kept their gobs shut.

OP, thinking of you at this difficult time xxx

By *leurCouple  over a year ago

West Hull

Special Treatment ?????

Anyone fighting cancer or any other life threatening illness should receive the very best Special Treatment possible 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Many of these people have worked all their lives and paid every penny tax due. Nobody is "giving" them anything they absolutely entitled to the best treatment possible and that includes a little bit of human compassion

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Maybe the 'wanker' wasn't aware of the circumstances that lead to your inlaws being allowed the dignity of sharing their last days together in a hospital side ward ....

Not at all trying to be nasty, but just looking at it from the other side of the fence .......

perhaps they didn't, but if they were unaware of the facts, they should've kept their gobs shut.

OP, thinking of you at this difficult time xxx"

Or taken it up with hospital staff not with relatives.

Kudos to the staff for doing this.

Sending special hugs to you both xx

So sorry to hear what you are going through and no you did not over react. So nice to hear a positive story of compassionate behaviour within the NHS. There are a lot of good things that happen in hospitals , but we often only hear about the bad x

Thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time.xxx

"I'd have probably reacted in the same way, but would have pointed him out to hospital security or other staff.

This is a tough time for you but you know full well, that you have all of our support and we are all thinking of you. At least, your parents are together to support themselves in their own small way too."

What an absolute prick, havin loved ones in hospital is bad enough and to have

Some arsehole who probably is on dole anyway gettin to you like that,,, you should have hit the fucker

I can understand how you felt OP and my thoughts are with you both. A hospital ward is never the right place to kick off though, in any cirmcumstances. It isn't fair on any of the patients in there.

People are all stressed when their relatives are in hospital. Maybe this guy was worried over his own relative. This does lead to raised emotions. He may just have been an aggressive type of guy. The best course of action would have been to direct him to nursing staff for an explanation. He should never have approached you and should have gone to them in the first place.

But I can understand the emotions you felt. I am very sorry to hear all this.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Your behaviour is understandable and don't feel guilty about it.

Make sure you both get enough rest and remember to eat. Long days ahead for you and you both need to keep up your strength.

Hugs to you both

x

My thoughts are with you both also ((( hugs )))

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Emotions run high during end of life care, not an easy situation to be in, and one i dont envy. My thoughts are with you both xxx

I'm just curious.. Did u explain the situation? What did the guy say if u did?

By *dynlisaCouple  over a year ago

Notts

No you wasn't in the wrong the other person was so inconsiderate some pepole , hope they both enjoy there time together on same bay wishes and kisses to you all.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I take it "some wanker" was a visitor too?

Maybe they should have been focusing on the person that they care about instead of taking their angst out on you

My thoughts are with you

Rich x

thanks for everyones comments about yesterdays rant,another day now so lets see what today brings,Thank you all xxxxxxxxxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I take it "some wanker" was a visitor too?

Maybe they should have been focusing on the person that they care about instead of taking their angst out on you

My thoughts are with you

Rich x"

If they were another visitor then perhaps their emotions were high to especially as it sounds like the Ward was one for end of life care.

Ihe a tough time being in hospital with very ill family and I think neither side should be condemned.

By *ouldyou2Man  over a year ago

west Midlands

its called quality of life mate and it's good they do that ! Ignore the ignorant ass , don't get involved they ain't worth it ! Good luck

Unfortunately the world is full of narrow minded people, emotions run high at times like this and you reacted in a way most of us would.

Really pleased the hospital are working with you and doing all they can.

Thoughts with you all,. Must be an extremely difficult time xx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My sympathies goes out to both of you, and I understand your anger, but there could be another side to the story - I'll shre my experience if you don't mind.

My father was dying of cancer in hospital. He was in Chorley General - I live in London. At the time I had both my legs bandaged from toe to knee in four layers of compression bandages - it was a painful and stressful time.

On New Years Day - which is also my daughter's birthday I travelled from London to Preston, then from Preston to Chorley, then a taxi to the hospital. It took me six hours.

When I arrived at the hospital I was told it wasn't visiting time. I explained to the male nurse that I'd just travelled from London, my legs were hurting, I just wanted to see my dad. He reluctantly allowed me in.

When I got into the ward I saw another man in the bed opposite laughing and joking with his family - my dad would have been on his own if I hadn't come up from London. After I'd settled myself down and kissed dad - he was in and out of consciousness, I looked at the other family and I did think how come the nurse made a fuss about me coming in yet that bloke has his family around him?

They were having a party, yet my dad didn't even have a jug of water. I requested one because his mouth was dry - and I was made to feel I was being a pest.

I'd travelled up to see my dad, and I didn't have the time to waste on unnecessry things. My point is, if I were a different type of person I'd have kicked off wanting to know how come there seemed to be one rule for one etc.

In the atmosphere of a hospital, seeing your loved ones suffering, emotions get heightened and you feel hopeless, sad, frustrated and I can understand, even though I wouldn't condone the reaction of the other person.

It's very easy to brand people wankers etc, because we are only seeing things from our point of view.

Stay strong for your wife.

no not at all....i lost my dad to cancer 3years ago and whilst hospital staff made him comfortable they would only allow 3people in with him...he had 3 brothers 4 sisters as you can imagine didn't go down very well..wish he was here today miss him lots

Top marks to the hospital for putting them togeather!

I'd have been spitting feathers too!

By *asey369Woman  over a year ago

London

What the man said was vile, but people who say vile things are generally unhappy and in pain.

I'm not trying to excuse the behaviour, but imagine it was more about his own pain than directed at you.

All the best in this horrible time.

My heart goes out to your wife's family and of course you supporting her... Yet as some have already pointed out the other persons outburst was probably due to his own pain... So please stay strong for your wife... Your actions are understandable, it's what makes you human... I've worked in a cancer hospice and the compassion that is shown is amazing....

Sending good vibes to you both. Xx

London

"What the man said was vile, but people who say vile things are generally unhappy and in pain.

I'm not trying to excuse the behaviour, but imagine it was more about his own pain than directed at you.

All the best in this horrible time."

London

"My heart goes out to your wife's family and of course you supporting her... Yet as some have already pointed out the other persons outburst was probably due to his own pain... So please stay strong for your wife... Your actions are understandable, it's what makes you human... I've worked in a cancer hospice and the compassion that is shown is amazing....

Sending good vibes to you both. Xx "

» Add a new message to this topic