FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you dob someone in on the fiddle?

Would you dob someone in on the fiddle?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Throw this out to you. If you had an idea someone was fiddling the system. Calcimine to be ill or living with someone full time but claiming to be single or many other fiddles that happen would you go to the bother of rining up and telling the benefits people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

Yes. I've done it before and would do it again!

I knew someone who was claiming benefits and working on the side cash in hand. She used to brag about it and eventually I thought why should honest, hard working people support you while you cheat the system.

Now she is one of us, works hard for what she has and supports her family

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definetly...!!

no i wouldnt.

I would they know they are doing wrong but still continue to milk us geniune people.

"Throw this out to you. If you had an idea someone was fiddling the system. Calcimine to be ill or living with someone full time but claiming to be single or many other fiddles that happen would you go to the bother of rining up and telling the benefits people? "

Calcimine ??

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

yes i would have been investigated for thsi in past to find out tht it was just some one being maicious to me saying i wass claiming single but actually living with some one yes i was living with some one at time and still am my son he was 5 at the time

social services were in volved and everythign even tho the claims was squasshed and found to be untrue i felt violated and i still get regular check ups on me ow i have nothign ti hide yet they still hound me at benifit place i work for a living no need to claim only thing i calim towards is child care costs as they ate expensive

yes i would

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

"Throw this out to you. If you had an idea someone was fiddling the system. Calcimine to be ill or living with someone full time but claiming to be single or many other fiddles that happen would you go to the bother of rining up and telling the benefits people?

Calcimine ??"

claiming

Fraud is fraud, plain and simple.

And I'd like to see the big scammers get caught just as much as the little fish

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I dont think I actually would if it wasnt affecting me in any way.

It would bloody irritate me, but Im not sure Id actually do anything about it... Id probably just come on here and start a rant thread on a Thursday

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Yes I would x

I would. Too many good people have lost their jobs and businesses due to recession, brought on in many parts by too many benefit claimaints, and people taking what they're not entitled to and not paying what they should. Fair's fair.

No I wouldn't because I'm not a snitch. If they're doing it then sooner or later they'll get caught.

Hate do gooders sticking their nose in. Must get some satisfaction that they just fucked someone over or something.

Damn right I would and have done.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Another question for you..... Would you "dob" on someone because you feel it's your right as a tax paying citizen or because you have a grudge against the person?

How long do you have to be checking/spying/stalking a person to know they are "fiddling" you and the system?

Without a doubt yes.... I pay my taxes so I'm entitled to grass. I think if your in hardship then that's what benefits are there for. But to then take advantage is wrong. I'm sure we all have our opinions on this.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

Yes, I would - people moan and whinge about other being on the fiddle or scroungers etc. The only way to root them out if you know it is happening is to play a part in stopping it.

The country is in the shit financially, surely we all have a moral duty to do something about it if we know something wrong is happening.

If that makes me a do gooder, then so be it.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I've always said I wouldn't, but have now got to the stage where I think why should I work all the hours god sends and these people are claiming when they shouldn't be. I'm not having a dig at genuine people as I know there could come a day and I may need to claim.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i dont know anyone on benefits well enough to know whether they are fiddling or not. i know people who i think are getting it for the wrong reasons although they are entitled to it

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

No, I wouldn't. That is malicious.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

No, I wouldnt grass someone for that...theres plenty of other things I would though, without hesitation.

I would and have and now thinking about reporting a family member as she is living with someone but claiming she is single! It really pisses me off. Its wrong full stop! I get scrutinised every year by the council because my childcare costs increase during the summer holidays and it winds me up that there others scamming the system constantly.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I would and have and now thinking about reporting a family member as she is living with someone but claiming she is single! It really pisses me off. Its wrong full stop! I get scrutinised every year by the council because my childcare costs increase during the summer holidays and it winds me up that there others scamming the system constantly."

I'm more pissed off by the millions individual rich people scam us for, not the piddling amounts poor people do.

West

"

I'm more pissed off by the millions individual rich people scam us for, not the piddling amounts poor people do."

Yes, in a heartbeat!

"I would and have and now thinking about reporting a family member as she is living with someone but claiming she is single! It really pisses me off. Its wrong full stop! I get scrutinised every year by the council because my childcare costs increase during the summer holidays and it winds me up that there others scamming the system constantly."

Piddling amounts? Even if it was piddling amounts, they mount up! My family member is receiving about £400 per month in tax credits as a single patent yet should only receive about £200 per month, if that as she is living with someone. That is not a piddling amount!

All scammers and fraudsters, rich or poor should be stopped!

"I would and have and now thinking about reporting a family member as she is living with someone but claiming she is single! It really pisses me off. Its wrong full stop! I get scrutinised every year by the council because my childcare costs increase during the summer holidays and it winds me up that there others scamming the system constantly.

I'm more pissed off by the millions individual rich people scam us for, not the piddling amounts poor people do."

Those piddling amounts have let my family member have a holiday to Mexico and a skiing holiday in Colorado, whilst I have had to apply for a sun holiday, 4 days in Devon!! She clearly is not poor!! Me on the other hand....

If they are working and signing...then yes

"I would and have and now thinking about reporting a family member as she is living with someone but claiming she is single! It really pisses me off. Its wrong full stop! I get scrutinised every year by the council because my childcare costs increase during the summer holidays and it winds me up that there others scamming the system constantly.

"

I'm more pissed off by the millions individual rich people scam us for, not the piddling amounts poor people do.

"

so not on principle then - just amount

"

so not on principle then - just amount"

Brilliant !! £5000 or £50 your still robbing the one thing that is to be used to elieviate poverty

"

so not on principle then - just amount

Brilliant !! £5000 or £50 your still robbing the one thing that is to be used to elieviate poverty "

i knew a girl a very long time ago, i liked her a lot she had 2 kids and the man she lived with was married, she said she was claiming the money she wasnt entitled to and saving it in case her boyfriend left her.

the landlord charged a lot of money for a crappy little flat.

in the end she got found out and got sent to prison for 3 months.

i felt sorry for her when i heard about it.

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

No sorry never have been a grass and never will be.

"i knew a girl a very long time ago, i liked her a lot she had 2 kids and the man she lived with was married, she said she was claiming the money she wasnt entitled to and saving it in case her boyfriend left her.

i felt sorry for her when i heard about it."

I would have felt sorry for her kids, not for her! So when her bf left her (if he ver did), not only wouldahe have had the money she fraudently claimed but then would have received increases in her benefits as a single parent????

Ive done it before

The people who used to live next door was running a puppy farm on their back yard, they always had 3 or 4 litters on the go while claiming benifits for him being disabled, they was making thousands a year selling puppies on the side so i shopped them

Mainly because i didnt agree with the way they kept the dogs, so i reported them to the council who then involved the RSPCA and then the tax man got involved

"i knew a girl a very long time ago, i liked her a lot she had 2 kids and the man she lived with was married, she said she was claiming the money she wasnt entitled to and saving it in case her boyfriend left her.

i felt sorry for her when i heard about it.

I would have felt sorry for her kids, not for her! So when her bf left her (if he ver did), not only wouldahe have had the money she fraudently claimed but then would have received increases in her benefits as a single parent????"

She pulled the governments pants Down for years then cried when it spanked her back?

Yes without fail I would tell the benefits agency and get my £50 reward on a conviction if they still give you a reward.

MrsD

I would, because they give genuine claimants a bad name and put at risk a system designed to help the most needy in society.

Depends. If it's a total gobshite then most likely but if it was someone I knew that the system had fucked previously, then no. Hypocrytical yes but the system fiddles people all the same these days!

"Throw this out to you. If you had an idea someone was fiddling the system. Calcimine to be ill or living with someone full time but claiming to be single or many other fiddles that happen would you go to the bother of rining up and telling the benefits people? "

Yes I would inform the relevant authority.

I reported Mantovani for being on the fiddle, but the DWP wrote back and told me was violin so it was ok

I have enough going on in my life without involving myself in others lives.

Those who do it, often get caught and suffer the penalties for doing so.

Yes I would, what is annoying though is the length of time they take to investigate the allegations. One stupid moron claiming disability benefits for a bad back, was seen mowing his own lawn, ran a sign writing business and obtained gym membership then moaned to the local paper because his child got hurt in the creche! Then they acted but it had taken 4 yrs

shame you can't dob in one of the big corperations!!! and all the bent MP's .... there all out to line there own pockets ..... how many on dragons den are screwing the system ??? another torry lead witch hunt they need to look in the mirra !!! they cut cut cut and yet still give out shit loads to countrys like inda ( that has more millionairs on the planet!!) ... so i say if people can bost a little income .... as long as its not taking the piss!! more power to them ........ sit back and wait for the hate mail

how many on here who've said they would shop someone in have paid cash in hand for a job to be done? isn't that cheating the system too? avoiding tax

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Yes I certainly would.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

If anyone can 'fiddle' their benefits, and wants to live that lifestyle, good luck to them. It's a life with a pretty low ceiling in terms of aspiration, and worthy of pity, not malice.

The funny thing is, benefit fraud is such a tiny fraction of the actual benefit bill that it's barely worth policing, and it has zero effect on the country's ability to pay genuine benefits. The benefit cuts being made by our government are completely ideological, and have nothing to do with anything else. To think otherwise is to have been fooled by the lie.

If there was a genuine desire to tackle this nation's debt, resources would be used to tackle the genuinely serious issue of legal corporate tax avoidance. Pick a number between £5Bn and £25Bn, and there's the scope of what it means to our economy.

Of course, that will never happen. Far easier to set the working poor against the non-working poor, the abled against the disabled, the public sector against the private sector...idiots against idiots, in short.

Trebles all round, etc.

"If anyone can 'fiddle' their benefits, and wants to live that lifestyle, good luck to them. It's a life with a pretty low ceiling in terms of aspiration, and worthy of pity, not malice.

The funny thing is, benefit fraud is such a tiny fraction of the actual benefit bill that it's barely worth policing, and it has zero effect on the country's ability to pay genuine benefits. The benefit cuts being made by our government are completely ideological, and have nothing to do with anything else. To think otherwise is to have been fooled by the lie.

If there was a genuine desire to tackle this nation's debt, resources would be used to tackle the genuinely serious issue of legal corporate tax avoidance. Pick a number between £5Bn and £25Bn, and there's the scope of what it means to our economy.

Of course, that will never happen. Far easier to set the working poor against the non-working poor, the abled against the disabled, the public sector against the private sector...idiots against idiots, in short.

Trebles all round, etc."

sooo true!!!

"If anyone can 'fiddle' their benefits, and wants to live that lifestyle, good luck to them. It's a life with a pretty low ceiling in terms of aspiration, and worthy of pity, not malice.

Trebles all round, etc."

9.5 Bn on total benefits

10bn on over weight people

All you people that answered yes I didn't see or hear you shouting about MPs £3000 ducks or hanging baskets

Or why MPs pay duty free booze in House of Lords

Ummm shallow life's of people

No I wouldn't for the simple reason that it doesn't overly bother me

"yes i would have been investigated for thsi in past to find out tht it was just some one being maicious to me saying i wass claiming single but actually living with some one yes i was living with some one at time and still am my son he was 5 at the time

social services were in volved and everythign even tho the claims was squasshed and found to be untrue i felt violated and i still get regular check ups on me ow i have nothign ti hide yet they still hound me at benifit place i work for a living no need to claim only thing i calim towards is child care costs as they ate expensive "

That's impossible why would they hound you if you are not a claimant you would not register as claiming so a call to them would be ignored fully

"yes i would have been investigated for thsi in past to find out tht it was just some one being maicious to me saying i wass claiming single but actually living with some one yes i was living with some one at time and still am my son he was 5 at the time

social services were in volved and everythign even tho the claims was squasshed and found to be untrue i felt violated and i still get regular check ups on me ow i have nothign ti hide yet they still hound me at benifit place i work for a living no need to claim only thing i calim towards is child care costs as they ate expensive

That's impossible why would they hound you if you are not a claimant you would not register as claiming so a call to them would be ignored fully"

You dont have to be claiming benefits to have social services on your back.

Just some vindictive busy body that thinks they are better than you calling them and making accusations.

What goes around comes around

Well, it is very interesting to read some comments and very reassuring to know that a lot of you would "dob" someone in! I am saying this as someone who deals with these people day to day so I know what I am talking about! You would all be shocked to know what is really going on and the amount of money we are talking about!!Any questions, feel free to ask!!

xx

"Well, it is very interesting to read some comments and very reassuring to know that a lot of you would "dob" someone in! I am saying this as someone who deals with these people day to day so I know what I am talking about! You would all be shocked to know what is really going on and the amount of money we are talking about!!Any questions, feel free to ask!!

xx "

I wouldn't be shocked what is really going on. I've got s good idea already. I just couldn't give a shit

"Well, it is very interesting to read some comments and very reassuring to know that a lot of you would "dob" someone in! I am saying this as someone who deals with these people day to day so I know what I am talking about! You would all be shocked to know what is really going on and the amount of money we are talking about!!Any questions, feel free to ask!!

xx

I wouldn't be shocked what is really going on. I've got s good idea already. I just couldn't give a shit"

Lol that's fine, each to their own. If you are happy for your taxes paying for these people then fair enough!

xx

I wouldn't be shocked what is really going on. I've got s good idea already. I just couldn't give a shit

Lol that's fine, each to their own. If you are happy for your taxes paying for these people then fair enough!

"

0.8% of all benefit money is claimed by means of fraud. its not a figure I'm gonna get bent out of shape over.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

So what about other crime ,a lot of people get injured through bad-dangerous driving,would you report everyone who did something stupid on the road, say broke the speed limit ?

Benefit fraud costs this country 1.2 bn a year - Tax evasion 5 billion- Tax avoidance 69.7 billion.

Any fraud is bad and unsupportable,but tell me who should be really angry at ? here

It depends on the individual, if they went round rubbing my nose into it that I work hard for my cash and they get it handed to them then yes I would dob them in.

Anyone got the phone number for the local STASI ?????

"So what about other crime ,a lot of people get injured through bad-dangerous driving,would you report everyone who did something stupid on the road, say broke the speed limit ?

Benefit fraud costs this country 1.2 bn a year - Tax evasion 5 billion- Tax avoidance 69.7 billion.

Any fraud is bad and unsupportable,but tell me who should be really angry at ? here

"

Thats NOT what I was asking! I was asking if you would dob in a cheat tax avoidance is another thread.

Far too many on the fiddle in this country. There are people claiming to be ill others claiming housing and subletting while moving in worth someone. Its a bit shitty trying to play down fraudsters!

Not as shitty as saying companies are OK to steal from the state, but individuals are not.

Rich people steal just as much from the system as poor people.

Tax and expenses fiddling is a crime just as much.

"Not as shitty as saying companies are OK to steal from the state, but individuals are not.

Tax and expenses fiddling is a crime just as much."

He's not saying that, just that this thread was about benefit fraud...don't think anyone would disagree about the rest! All as bad!

Yes I would why should I pay my taxes for them to be abused

You mean should we rewind to 1980s East Germany.

Dob thy neighbour before they dob you.

Make sure you dont upset anyone just in case they ring the local DHSS and report you for claiming tax credits.

Grow up you people and mind your own business, before the state police does it for you.

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

It is a criminal offence, so should be punished.

Oooooooo

By *r and mrs bangerboobsCouple  over a year ago

Bridgend

Too right I would!

"You mean should we rewind to 1980s East Germany.

Dob thy neighbour before they dob you.

Make sure you dont upset anyone just in case they ring the local DHSS and report you for claiming tax credits.

Grow up you people and mind your own business, before the state police does it for you.

"

What's with the insults?! No need for that?!

So if someone robbed you or a family member you wouldn't call the Police????? What's the difference? They are stealing from all tax payers

i just leave it to my nosey neighbour.

no, if it was something like child or animal abuse i would report them.

So is sex in a public place.

Lets jail ever person that goes dogging, or has sex in the lounge in a swingers club.

FFS grow up

"So is sex in a public place.

Lets jail ever person that goes dogging, or has sex in the lounge in a swingers club.

FFS grow up"

But we are not talking about that?!!! This isn't a thread on what is criminal, or did you not read the OP?

Not very intelligent answer when you have to get abusive, people may take more notice of what you are saying if you put it in a more adult manner!

You are entitled to your opinion but leave out the insults

"Not as shitty as saying companies are OK to steal from the state, but individuals are not.

Tax and expenses fiddling is a crime just as much."

Ok so by your reasoning if some thug gives you a good kicking down the pub it doesn't matter if someone got shot in say London?

You didnt say if you would dob someone in or is it a worry to you?

taunton

"So is sex in a public place.

FFS grow up"

I have been in this situation by being reported by someone who did not like me.

I had over three months of stress proving that I was not on the fiddle. Even down to being followed for two weeks, numerous recorded inter_iews and eventually told not that "I was innocent" but "that they could not prove it but would be watching me hehehehehe.

At no point through all this was I told just who had made the origional complaint. By all means make complaints towards me if you feel I am doing wrong. BUT do it to my face so at least I have a chance to explain myself.

Not a worry or a problem.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

"Ok so by your reasoning if some thug gives you a good kicking down the pub it doesn't matter if someone got shot in say London?"

If your unable to make sense with your posting then it may be an idea to refrain.

"I have been in this situation by being reported by someone who did not like me.

I had over three months of stress proving that I was not on the fiddle. Even down to being followed for two weeks, numerous recorded inter_iews and eventually told not that "I was innocent" but "that they could not prove it but would be watching me hehehehehe.

At no point through all this was I told just who had made the origional complaint. By all means make complaints towards me if you feel I am doing wrong. BUT do it to my face so at least I have a chance to explain myself.

"

Not nice but if you have not been fiddling you have nothing to worry about. So they followed you so someone complained if you didn't loose money you shouldn't have been stressed if 100% innocent.

If you've done nothing wrong then why the stress? Surely knowing in your heart you're own innocence will harden the resolve rather than worry you.

"Not a worry or a problem.

"Ok so by your reasoning if some thug gives you a good kicking down the pub it doesn't matter if someone got shot in say London?"

If your unable to make sense with your posting then it may be an idea to refrain.

"

Good idea.....take your own advice

taunton

Good idea.....take your own advice "

"

So would you dob someone in? You seem real keen on not seeing benefit theft as a serious issue I wonder why?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

No i would not..

the figures are in context a small amount with tax avoidance etc..

Must assume that those who would do so have never added a bit on their expenses..?

done or had done a cash job..?

in fact have never ever done anything wrong..

yeh right...

Not me talking though beer glasses mate.

You changed tack not me.

Lost argument so change the rules.

Heard it all before and will more than likely do so again.

"Not me talking though beer glasses mate.

You changed tack not me.

Heard it all before and will more than likely do so again."

Just think he is trying to say that the topic appears to have rattled your cage for some reason??

You changed tack not me.

Heard it all before and will more than likely do so again."

Quite the junior school play ground talk the rest of us are adults here and answer the question....Would you grass someone cheating? An adult would answer one way or another!

"

So would you dob someone in? You seem real keen on not seeing benefit theft as a serious issue I wonder why? "

I tend to mind my own business.

Unlike you who seems to feel he has to justify his existence on the planet.

I see no need to worry about 0.8% of benefit being given out incorrectly.

That figure also includes payments made in error by the DHSS.

The entire amount is massively less than the amount not paid in corporation tax by big companies.

I shall lose not a minutes sleep over it in all my life.

You changed tack not me.

Just think he is trying to say that the topic appears to have rattled your cage for some reason?? "

Having witnessed an innocent person commit suicide after being falsely accused of benefit fraud.

Had their money stopped and made to feel so bad they took their own life.

All because some prick thought they were doing good.

Your fucking right i feel strongly about it.

"

So would you dob someone in? You seem real keen on not seeing benefit theft as a serious issue I wonder why?

The entire amount is massively less than the amount not paid in corporation tax by big companies.

"

It's only several billion a year, so hey, nothing to worry about! Not like it matters! I think most people are bothered that they work, don't fiddle and tend to be worse off than those who do....so you will remain the minority.

I definitely won't lose sleep over your comments as busy enough with people who do care and do something about it!

"

"

You might if you are under investigation LMFAO

Still not answered the question btw! I think it scares you!

You changed tack not me.

Just think he is trying to say that the topic appears to have rattled your cage for some reason??

Having witnessed an innocent person commit suicide after being falsely accused of benefit fraud.

Your fucking right i feel strongly about it."

Oh now you are giving a reason to back up your comments. ..I am truly sorry about your friend and obviously cannot comment as I know nothing about their case.

You changed tack not me.

Your fucking right i feel strongly about it."

You know what I just do not believe that tall tail.

What scares me is pricks that think they are better than those not so fortunate.

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 21:47:31]

all over the place

So would you dob someone in? You seem real keen on not seeing benefit theft as a serious issue I wonder why? "

Thats the 4th time today you have insinuated someone is against your stance because they are on benefits,if they are or if they are not, is irrelevant, unless your implying everyone on the forums who is on benefits is a fraudster ?????

"What scares me is pricks that think they are better than those not so fortunate."

It has absolutely nothing to do with that at all. It is about people committing crimes and being brought to justice for it if they are guilty....same thing the police do.

"What scares me is pricks that think they are better than those not so fortunate."

And who would that be?

Me I think thieving scum who ever they are deserve the full weight of the law.

"If you've done nothing wrong then why the stress? Surely knowing in your heart you're own innocence will harden the resolve rather than worry you."

I am on benefits not by choice. It is for health reasons. Even going into a small room for an inter_iew is a debilitating thought.

Please don't generalise without knowing all the facts.

Even the innocent can be troubled by such accusations.

"What scares me is pricks that think they are better than those not so fortunate.

And who would that be?

Me I think thieving scum who ever they are deserve the full weight of the law."

I couldnt agree more with that statement.

I couldnt give a toss if you believe me or not mate.

But think before you pick up the phone, it may well be someones life your about to destroy

Thats the 4th time today you have insinuated someone is against your stance because they are on benefits,if they are or if they are not, is irrelevant, unless your implying everyone on the forums who is on benefits is a fraudster ????? "

Twisty twisty when was asking questions stating that someone was this or that? Do you have an agenda with me for some reason?

"If you've done nothing wrong then why the stress? Surely knowing in your heart you're own innocence will harden the resolve rather than worry you.

I am on benefits not by choice. It is for health reasons. Even going into a small room for an inter_iew is a debilitating thought.

Please don't generalise without knowing all the facts.

Even the innocent can be troubled by such accusations.

"

I agree with that and can understand, but in fraud cases the majority of people who are called in for an inter_iew have committed fraud. Being caught is their main cause of nerves

x

"What scares me is pricks that think they are better than those not so fortunate.

And who would that be?

But think before you pick up the phone, it may well be someones life your about to destroy "

I think you have obviously had a horrendous experience regarding this topic, but to be honest, lives are generally not destroyed if they are innocent....again I can't comment on individuals I am talking from experience

And who would that be?

But think before you pick up the phone, it may well be someones life your about to destroy "

If someone is innocent then they are not going to get destroyed they get fairly investigated if the accusation looks to have some merit.

Facts are if you really think someone is no the fiddle then you report them and let the powers that be investigate.

Without all the facts, one can only generalise. I wasn't accusing anything or questioning why you're on benefit. It's none of my business. I was merely pointing towards you not stressing if you have done nothing wrong.

all over the place

And who would that be?

Me I think thieving scum who ever they are deserve the full weight of the law."

That would hold up as an opinion if you were not targeting just people on benefits ,why not corporations who defraud ,why not police who took back handers from the press ,why specifically are you targeting people on benefits. as people who should be "dobbed" in are they bigger criminals than the others or do you just like getting stuck into people less fortunate than you ?

I have no problems with that. My origional point was that the accuser always remains a noni mouse hehehehe.

Is this not open to abuse as it was in my case. I think that a phone call is enough to start it all off. A check on the one accusing will quickly tell if it is a realistic complaint or just trouble making. That was my point.

And who would that be?

That would hold up as an opinion if you were not targeting just people on benefits ,why not corporations who defraud ,why not police who took back handers from the press ,why specifically are you targeting people on benefits. as people who should be "dobbed" in are they bigger criminals than the others or do you just like getting stuck into people less fortunate than you ? "

If you look at previous posts this has already been mentioned and I don't think anyone disagrees, it was just the thread was specifically about benefit fraud. could have been about any of those you mentioned and some one would still not be happy with replies!

x

all over the place

Thats the 4th time today you have insinuated someone is against your stance because they are on benefits,if they are or if they are not, is irrelevant, unless your implying everyone on the forums who is on benefits is a fraudster ?????

Twisty twisty when was asking questions stating that someone was this or that? Do you have an agenda with me for some reason? "

And that's the second time you have used that phrase and insinuated we are out to get you,is it some form of defense strategy ,if you have a coherent argument not based on prejudice and rhetoric lets hear it ?

"I have no problems with that. My origional point was that the accuser always remains a noni mouse hehehehe.

Is this not open to abuse as it was in my case. I think that a phone call is enough to start it all off. A check on the one accusing will quickly tell if it is a realistic complaint or just trouble making. That was my point.

"

To be honest most of all allegations come through as anonymous so we have no idea who it is ourselves. We don't just take people's word for it!

And who would that be?

That would hold up as an opinion if you were not targeting just people on benefits ,why not corporations who defraud ,why not police who took back handers from the press ,why specifically are you targeting people on benefits. as people who should be "dobbed" in are they bigger criminals than the others or do you just like getting stuck into people less fortunate than you ? "

Look did you read the thread title? Stick to the point or get off the pot! Its not about how do you say bigger criminals although thats bollocks if you ask me as being a criminal is NOT about the amount you steal its about stealing in the first place. Do you really think the more you steal makes it a bigger criminal act? Get real!

"

If someone is innocent then they are not going to get destroyed they get fairly investigated if the accusation looks to have some merit.

Facts are if you really think someone is no the fiddle then you report them and let the powers that be investigate.

"

Innocent or guilty, having all your income stopped and being called a thief is distressing even if your innocent.

These people that investigate have the morals of a randy tom cat.

They dont see anyone as human, only another bonus to help them on the target board.

They are their to catch cheats not find innocent people.

Bonus for hitting target, arse kicking for missing it.

Twisty twisty when was asking questions stating that someone was this or that? Do you have an agenda with me for some reason?

And that's the second time you have used that phrase and insinuated we are out to get you,is it some form of defense strategy ,if you have a coherent argument not based on prejudice and rhetoric lets hear it ?"

The use of the WE word is telling! Its pretty obvious you have an agenda from previous remarks looking back now.

"

Innocent or guilty, having all your income stopped and being called a thief is distressing even if your innocent.

They dont see anyone as human, only another bonus to help them on the target board.

Bonus for hitting target, arse kicking for missing it."

Now you are talking rubbish! You know nothing about what we do and if you knew your facts you would not be coming up with this load of insulting crap!

How can someone who investigates fraud have bad morals???? Explain please if you can??

all over the place

And who would that be?

That would hold up as an opinion if you were not targeting just people on benefits ,why not corporations who defraud ,why not police who took back handers from the press ,why specifically are you targeting people on benefits. as people who should be "dobbed" in are they bigger criminals than the others or do you just like getting stuck into people less fortunate than you ?

Look did you read the thread title? Stick to the point or get off the pot! Its not about how do you say bigger criminals although thats bollocks if you ask me as being a criminal is NOT about the amount you steal its about stealing in the first place. Do you really think the more you steal makes it a bigger criminal act? Get real! "

well if thats the case why make it about benefit fraudsters ,your actually making my point for me ,why single them out .?

"

Also, for your information, those who get their money stopped and are innocent are VERY VERY rare.

"

No they dont they only stop benefits if they think there is a case to answer. Thy dont stop benefits for everyone who is reported.

Ok is not nice to be accused but if you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear.

And who would that be?

Look did you read the thread title? Stick to the point or get off the pot! Its not about how do you say bigger criminals although thats bollocks if you ask me as being a criminal is NOT about the amount you steal its about stealing in the first place. Do you really think the more you steal makes it a bigger criminal act? Get real!

well if thats the case why make it about benefit fraudsters ,your actually making my point for me ,why single them out .? "

Why ask "tights or hold ups"? why ask "bare back" or " condom"?....... every post on the forum can probably be pulled apart from not including something for someone surely?!

x

And who would that be?

well if thats the case why make it about benefit fraudsters ,your actually making my point for me ,why single them out .? "

You have an agenda mate go poke someone else with a stick will be ignoring you.

They are there for one purpose only.

Find people guilty of claiming benefits.

They have no other purpose in the system.

If in 12 months only a handful of claims were found to be fraudulent,then they would simply get rid of those investigating.

Self preservation means finding people guilty is foremost in their minds.

Finding everyone innocent means making yourself unemployed.

I wouldn't shop someone for doing it but I don't agree with it. For those of you that would. Would you feel that way if it was a close friend or family member?

"

Bonus for hitting target, arse kicking for missing it.

Also, for your information, those who get their money stopped and are innocent are VERY VERY rare."

True I know a few who have been investigated and even the one on the fiddle didn't have his money stopped till well into the investigation.

all over the place

And that's the second time you have used that phrase and insinuated we are out to get you,is it some form of defense strategy ,if you have a coherent argument not based on prejudice and rhetoric lets hear it ?

The use of the WE word is telling! Its pretty obvious you have an agenda from previous remarks looking back now. "

i dont see what your trying to say you have started a thread and dont seem to want to debate any point that goes against your initial stance .If as you say all theft is bad and i agree ,why have you specifically targeted people on benefits ? why just them ,why not fraudsters in general.?

"I wouldn't shop someone for doing it but I don't agree with it. For those of you that would. Would you feel that way if it was a close friend or family member? "

The same as I would if they stole money out of my wallet! My taxes my money and theft is theft.

"They are there for one purpose only.

If in 12 months only a handful of claims were found to be fraudulent,then they would simply get rid of those investigating.

Finding everyone innocent means making yourself unemployed."

Lol have you read your last sentence!! Why would we look for innocent people?!! And the fact that we uncover several billion pounds worth of fraud every year I think shows quite clearly there is purpose in the job!!! Believe me there is more fraud than this country can cope with and as long as there are ignorant people like you around we are in a job, so thank you!

So by your own statement you agree with me.

Why look for anyone innocent ?????????

Your only there to investigate cheating people.

One phone call and your on their case, they are guilty and your going to prove it.

Nice I must say.

"They are there for one purpose only.

Finding everyone innocent means making yourself unemployed.

Lol have you read your last sentence!! Why would we look for innocent people?!! And the fact that we uncover several billion pounds worth of fraud every year I think shows quite clearly there is purpose in the job!!! Believe me there is more fraud than this country can cope with and as long as there are ignorant people like you around we are in a job, so thank you!

"

Nothing to worry about if you are innocent after all someone asking you some questions dosnt hurt you.

"So by your own statement you agree with me.

Why look for anyone innocent ?????????

Your only there to investigate cheating people.

One phone call and your on their case, they are guilty and your going to prove it.

Nice I must say."

I don't mind having a conversation with someone if they know what they are talking about......so please, enlighten me with where you get your knowledge on this from???? Of course, you could be right, we could take a phone call from Mr X saying M P is fiddling and within 5 minutes we stop their benefit and call them in to an inter_iew....no evidence, no investigation, nothing!!!! Oh I wish it was that easy!!

Like I say it is VERY rare that we inter_iew innocent people....that's what investigating is about!

Please. tell me what the job entails, I await your insight!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No but if they acted like a smug twat laughing at the people working... I would be tempted to the limit...

"No but if they acted like a smug twat laughing at the people working... I would be tempted to the limit..."

They did and I did as well.

"

I don't mind having a conversation with someone if they know what they are talking about......so please, enlighten me with where you get your knowledge on this from???? Of course, you could be right, we could take a phone call from Mr X saying M P is fiddling and within 5 minutes we stop their benefit and call them in to an inter_iew....no evidence, no investigation, nothing!!!! Oh I wish it was that easy!!

Like I say it is VERY rare that we inter_iew innocent people....that's what investigating is about!

"

Far be it for me to tell you how to do your job.

I came to point out, not everyone is cheating the system.

Very few if we are to believe your departments reports.

Asking people to report someone because they think they may be a benefit cheat, is just not comfortable for me anymore.

If they openly admit to you they are doing so, then pick up the phone.

How many do it out of spite or jealousy though.

Not everyone who is disabled has a visable disability, so just think before you jump up and down accusing them of being scum and benefit cheats

"how many on here who've said they would shop someone in have paid cash in hand for a job to be done? isn't that cheating the system too? avoiding tax "

"

Far be it for me to tell you how to do your job.

I came to point out, not everyone is cheating the system.

Very few if we are to believe your departments reports.

Asking people to report someone because they think they may be a benefit cheat, is just not comfortable for me anymore.

If they openly admit to you they are doing so, then pick up the phone.

How many do it out of spite or jealousy though.

Not everyone who is disabled has a visable disability, so just think before you jump up and down accusing them of being scum and benefit cheats "

Ok, well to be honest nobody said at any point that "everyone was fiddling the system", also the majority of allegations are neighbours, friends and family members who have evidence to support it. A lot is from data matching so evidence is obtained before we see someone. We don't go looking for people and we will not and do not investigate just on someone's word.

As for the last paragraph where has anyone accused people of being benefit cheats?? It was about whether you would report someone if you knew they were on the fiddle??

With regard to disabilities not always visible I am more than aware of that thank you.

Don't tar people with the same brush as I do not tar all people on benefit with the same brush. I am an advocate for those who need and deserve to receive money, those who are not well enough to work or who have paid in to the system and are 100% entitled to take out of it when the need arises. Just not people who are greedy bastards and deliberately fraud the system!!

"

Just not people who are greedy bastards and deliberately fraud the system!!

"

I think we all know the ones you refer to.

I have in the past made a phone call about a person claiming benefit.

Though he did stand in front of my car as I parked after a bad day at work, and proclaimed "fucking retard working while I was in the pub spending my Giro"

Turned out he was claiming a lot more than sick pay.

Just still upsets me when folk take the high moral ground, when they have zero experiance in any of the system.

My friend had severe mental problems and was convinced he was going to be made homeless and maybe even jailed.

He just went home and took all his medication after reading the letter from the DHSS.

Turned out to be a case of mistaken identity in the end.

By *icky55Man  over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

Every benefit claimant is being tared with the same brush here. those that have lost thier jobs and having trouble getting another, long term sick people, singles with children.

Benefits barely pay for food let alone gas electric rent, and you have no chance of getting a day off. Some thing that those who have an income take for granted, like go out for a meal and take two weeks holiday a year because they earned it, is fair enough but to slag off every else who is less fortunate is wrong.

If they are able to do a "bit of cash in hand work" to help pay the bills or have a rare treat like a nice meal out, then good luck to them.

But I would draw the line at some that would take advantage of the system, because they don't want to work.

Have you ever paid a workman cash to avoid VAT? Have you ever done anything to get something on the cheap? Does everyone always declare all their earnings? Fact is we all play the game. I wouldn't claim to know enough about anyone to ever "dob them in". One can take the _iew that if someone is claiming benefits while working than that additional cash is in some way finding its way into the system through additional spending. He who casts the first stone and all that.

West

"how many on here who've said they would shop someone in have paid cash in hand for a job to be done? isn't that cheating the system too? avoiding tax "

Exactly...or accepted cash for a job eve?..

This why people need to think before grassing someone...what did ol Jesus or one of his mates say about casting the first stone?

"how many on here who've said they would shop someone in have paid cash in hand for a job to be done? isn't that cheating the system too? avoiding tax

Exactly...or accepted cash for a job eve?..

This why people need to think before grassing someone...what did ol Jesus or one of his mates say about casting the first stone?"

Not me I pay my dues, if I thought someone was committing fraud then I would have no problems in reporting and if someone thiught I was then report away although never maid a benefit claim in my life to date.

"I would. Too many good people have lost their jobs and businesses due to recession, brought on in many parts by too many benefit claimaints, and people taking what they're not entitled to and not paying what they should. Fair's fair. "

@totally, would you still do it if it was was someone who had recently lost their job/business?

» Add a new message to this topic