FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > calorie fail!!

calorie fail!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

ok, so i know i bag on about being happy in myself and i am but i might be happier in a smaller self so have decided to start eating a bit healthier.

I have been making my own lunches and not taking money to work so i cant buy crap etc.

I have also tracked what i have eaten on My Fitness app on my phone and today i had about 900 calories more than i should have

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

900 cals is about a hour at the gym, join the gym, do a hour and bingo your 900 cals have gone

see how helpful i am lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

What did you eat today??

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The good news is that you now know how many calories you have to cut out and can make the changes.

Good luck.

"900 cals is about a hour at the gym, join the gym, do a hour and bingo your 900 cals have gone

see how helpful i am lol"

it depends what type of excercise u do,u wud have to do an hour of vigourous excercise to burn 900 cals

evesham

"What did you eat today?? "

well to be fair....someone bought cakes in to work then i went to my sisters and my nephew gave me some of his birthday cake but everyone knows birthday cake has no calories lol

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Perhaps your metabolism is set up to use those 900 calories . I don't understand how you can get obese drinking zero sugar fizzy drinks Help anyone ?

evesham

"900 cals is about a hour at the gym, join the gym, do a hour and bingo your 900 cals have gone

see how helpful i am lol

it depends what type of excercise u do,u wud have to do an hour of vigourous excercise to burn 900 cals"

yeah.....i'm wired wrong for exercise, i just get anoyed and want to punch people. i nearly pushed the ex off his bike once cos he was trying to encourage me

evesham

"Perhaps your metabolism is set up to use those 900 calories . I don't understand how you can get obese drinking zero sugar fizzy drinks Help anyone ? "

because the brain senses sugar and expects energy. wen it doesnt get tat energy it makes you hungry and so you eat more.

also, sweeter molecules are 'spiky' in shape and so sit on the tongue loner han sugar molecules making your brain think even more energy is coming then making you eat more when it doesnt

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Lol they call me the feeder at work because i bring in cakes and never eat them i just give them out...lol

see how helpful i am lol

it depends what type of excercise u do,u wud have to do an hour of vigourous excercise to burn 900 cals

yeah.....i'm wired wrong for exercise, i just get anoyed and want to punch people. i nearly pushed the ex off his bike once cos he was trying to encourage me "

sounds acceptable to me

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Well done for trying anyway . Only way to lose weight . Eat less move around more . I would not worry too much . Just get a bit more self discipline. X

Good luck and hope you have a better day.

I have given up bread for lent so im starting week 2 with no bread and just from that alone i am 3lbs lighter this morning

im convinced if they took my thyroid out id be better without it

i refuse to buy bread anymore, my daughter hates chips unless they are vegitable ones

900 calories sounds ok.. Most diets recommend a 1000 calorie intake for a female a day.

Best to avoid cane sugar as there is no nutrition in it and it plays havoc with ur energy burning.

As for sweetners I have never had a problem having them, they certainly have never made me feel hungry and satisfys my sweet tooth. Sugar is a million times worse and gives u a energy drop quickly making u feel hungry.

Eat loads of veg.. Nothing but pure goodness and good energy

Oh and as for excersise just try and walk more, use the stairs not the lift, park in a free space and walk a bit further when visiting the shops

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Good luck and dont give up.

Least you know where you went wrong, and dont starve yourself.

Ive started dieting again and starting an exercise class next week. Just hope theyve got re-enforced floors if I have to jump up and down

For my height and weight its recommended I have 1500 calories for healthy eating. Or 1300 for crash diet

Wonder what diets recommend only 1000

If anyone is trying to diet and finds that some evil bastard has brought cakes in to work I have the perfect solution!!

Simply place said cake in a box, google your nearest courier and send said box immediately to me!

No need to thank me - I'm just too kind for my own good sometimes!!

I have switched from Weightwatchers to using MyFitnessPal and find it much easier to manage. I am on 1200 calories a day and at the moment it feels like it's enough to eat plenty and still lose. I do exercise, but don't tend to add any calories because of it.

As for cake..I had 3 pieces at my Grandson's birthday tea the other day but according to the scales I got away with it. Just take one day at a time..we all have good days and bad days

If you go into most health shops honey they are very helpful with Their advice. Been told that zumba classes are very good and fun

"900 calories sounds ok.. Most diets recommend a 1000 calorie intake for a female a day.

Best to avoid cane sugar as there is no nutrition in it and it plays havoc with ur energy burning.

As for sweetners I have never had a problem having them, they certainly have never made me feel hungry and satisfys my sweet tooth. Sugar is a million times worse and gives u a energy drop quickly making u feel hungry.

Eat loads of veg.. Nothing but pure goodness and good energy"

Think the op meant she had 900 calories more than she was is allowed and not that she was only allowed 900 calories a day.

A ten-year study of almost 500 men and women linked low-calorie soft drinks with bulging waistlines – even when taken in small quantities.

[Removed by poster at 20/02/13 09:49:33]

"I have switched from Weightwatchers to using MyFitnessPal and find it much easier to manage. I am on 1200 calories a day and at the moment it feels like it's enough to eat plenty and still lose. I do exercise, but don't tend to add any calories because of it.

As for cake..I had 3 pieces at my Grandson's birthday tea the other day but according to the scales I got away with it. Just take one day at a time..we all have good days and bad days "

The long term success rate for Weightwatchers (bmi of 25 AND staying that way for six weeks - which is supposed to be long term accoording to them) is just 2 in a thousand. So no wonder your free app is working better for you.

Lola uses the same app and its worked for her too. I refuse to do either! I just eat whole foods, don't booze and swim plenty. But that's just me x Everybody is different, but I think diets interested solely in selling us their products and not our long term health should be viewed with suspicion.

Good luck with your healthy eating x

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

when i went on a diet i was taking on no more than a 1000 a day, strict!! and writing it down everyday. that worked, 2-3 1b a week most weeks, some a bit less. that realy isn't very much tbh, but u will be supprised how much u can have if u eat the rite thing x

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

see how helpful i am lol

yeah.....i'm wired wrong for exercise, i just get anoyed and want to punch people. i nearly pushed the ex off his bike once cos he was trying to encourage me "

Maybe you should try a boxercise class.

Any exercise is better than none, what about a cross trainer? It's easy on your joints and you just put on your headphones and tune out, I love it

"For my height and weight its recommended I have 1500 calories for healthy eating. Or 1300 for crash diet

Wonder what diets recommend only 1000 "

The doctor, hospital, many really. It should depend more on ur daily activities than height and weight.

The key is to eat a balanced diet and all the right nutritions in the right quantity.

As for low calorie drinks.. I've lost 9 stone and happily been drinking loads of diet to do so!

I'm pretty sure many other factors in the study of 500 men and woman have accounted for bulging waistlines..

Weight issues are to do with eating issues, its more a phycological thing than anything. Yes some have conditions that can mean putting weight on is easier than others, but that just means with the condition u need to eat a different diet to everyone else and therefore they aren't if they are over weight.

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

Diets dont really work very well at all. As soon as you start depriving the body of the ammount of calories it is used to getting the brain interprets that as a famine and holds on to body fat.

You should try to drink more water. Start your day with a glass. Little sips not neck it and then sip water through the day. Hunger is regulated by the appestat in the brain which also regulates hydration. It interprets thirst as hunger. So if you feel hungry drink a glass of water and wait 30 mins. If you are still hungry have another glass and wait 30 mins more and see how you are.

Really you need to do some sort of exercise for one thing at least and that is to speed up motabolism. If your brain thinks theres famine it will slow your motabolism down. Maybe you need an exercise that doesnt feel like an exercise routine. walking is good so long as you do it with enough effort to raise your heart rate, it will burn approx 70 kcal per mile

I'm doing well back on my weight watchers. Roughly my calories most days work out at about 1400. I write down everything. Even if it's a freebie from a shop.

I had done so well before. Then when I broke up from my partner, I put back on 5 of the 8 stone in had lost in 5 months.

So now 3 weeks in on my new start at 10lb lighter. I am lucky as at my group we have a lot of gold members and it helps to see people that have not only done it but maintained in some cases for many many years.

To the op. When I have a bad day. I just have to make sure it doesn't become a bad week.

All diets work. It's the people that don't.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"All diets work. It's the people that don't. "

I lost over 4 stone 2 yrs ago and have put 1/2 stone back on. Aiming to lose a lot more now Im back on it. And if I get my jaw wired that may help too

see how helpful i am lol

it depends what type of excercise u do,u wud have to do an hour of vigourous excercise to burn 900 cals"

But you have the whole day to burn the cals put in your mouth...no need to limit your exercise to an hour...

Easiest way I found was wearing a step counter that would tell me how far I walked, how many cals burned and as its cardio work, it will benefit your WHOLE body rather than certain area's worked on in the gym...you could try yoga..very helpful in more ways than you could imagine!

But well done you for taking responsibility for your own happiness!

evesham

You don't have the while day if you work full time

evesham

Well today I have only had some fruit and some left over homemade spam boo with wholewheat spaghetti

evesham

Spag bol

I am intending on getting back on this. I used the my fitness app the last few months of last year and I definitely saw results. I need to get rid of my belly and get myself some sexy meets :D

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

its not a science less calories taken in u will loose weight, more than u need u will gain weight all the diets in the world ammount to the same thing realy

evesham

Oh aaaaannnnddddd I've done exercise.....I changed a tyre all by myself and just walked back from the garage Round the corner

"You don't have the while day if you work full time "

You have breaks, lunch, getting to work, getting home...and all evening?? Plenty of opertunities that folk use every day!

evesham

"You don't have the while day if you work full time

You have breaks, lunch, getting to work, getting home...and all evening?? Plenty of opertunities that folk use every day! "

I'll give you the evening bit bit I work a 20min drive away and only get 2 15 min breaks and half hour lunch

You have breaks, lunch, getting to work, getting home...and all evening?? Plenty of opertunities that folk use every day!

I'll give you the evening bit bit I work a 20min drive away and only get 2 15 min breaks and half hour lunch"

I'm not saying its easy but if you can fit it in to everyday life then you benefit everyday...

A 20 drive to me would mean an hours walk...its all about the effort YOU put in!

evesham

I'll give you the evening bit bit I work a 20min drive away and only get 2 15 min breaks and half hour lunch

I'm not saying its easy but if you can fit it in to everyday life then you benefit everyday...

A 20 drive to me would mean an hours walk...its all about the effort YOU put in! "

You walk 16miles an hour???? You need to get into the walking marathon team for Rio 2016!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

A 20 drive to me would mean an hours walk...its all about the effort YOU put in!

You walk 16miles an hour???? You need to get into the walking marathon team for Rio 2016!!!"

pmsl thats about a mile every 2.5 minutes

You walk 16miles an hour???? You need to get into the walking marathon team for Rio 2016!!!"

I can only calulate with the info you give me sweetheart, you didn't offer your speed as a factor...;-)

I keep fit and healthy for my benefit, I don't feel the need to be better or faster than the next person

evesham

Yeah but if you can get a gold medal as well that would be awesome

No worries, wasn't trying to be funny with you x

An excess of 900 calories on one day is a lot. You can easily see how you'd put on weight if you did that on a regular basis.

I try to stick to 1500 per day. If I overdo it one day then I under do it the next or try to exercise more.

Make one of your unhealthy habits a taboo and forbid yourself from having it. Choose one per week. Maybe do choc on the first week, then cake on second, butter on third etc. If you also keep your meal portions small you should start seeing the weight coming off. Then you can decide which taboo foods you can live without and won't have to cut anymore.

Good luck!!!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think (although not 100% sure) as a general rule, if you consumed an extra 900 calories per day over a week it would equate to just under 2lb weight gain.

Obviously effects different people different ways though

By *pecifically1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"Yeah but if you can get a gold medal as well that would be awesome

No worries, wasn't trying to be funny with you x "

Take each day as it comes, if you fall off at lunchtime, don't write the whole day off, get back to healthy as soon as you can.

spinning classes are also a great way to burn fat, high cardio and to music, doing it in a class also makes it less likely to give up and head back to the changing rooms....

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

see how helpful i am lol"

Not in this life it ain't! That's 2½ hours on an exercise bike for an average person. Non-stop and at a sustained pace

If you have an active job or lifestyle you will need more calories anyway. I eat more than recommended 2000 but dont put weight on as im always on the go.

Has anyone seen wisegeeks what does 200 calories look like feature? I was really suprised to find out an oz of flour has the same calories as an oz of sugar! Wow. As a bread hater and sweetie lover this is great news lol

The higher your metabolic rate, the more efficient your body is at converting food into energy, instead of converting it into body fat! Here are 11 simple ways to boost your metabolism.

Eat for what you’ll be doing the next 3-4 hours. Your body will retain less fat for stored energy, because you’re consistently giving it the fuel it required for the immediate task at hand.People burn more calories during the active parts of their day – work, play and exercise! Yet, most people make dinner by far their highest calorie meal of the day, then do nothing afterwards but “wind down” for a few hours and then go to sleep. So are you really burning much of those dinner calories? Of course not! It’s common sense if you think about it.

Get some aerobic activity EVERY SINGLE DAY! Walk! Jog! Play around with your kids! Have sex! Dance! Play Footbal1 Go Swimming ! Ride a Bike! It doesn’t matter what it is – just get your heart rate up for at least 20-30 minutes every day. Our bodies are amazing at adapting – it becomes what we do. People that sit on their arse most of the time, have bodies to match!

Eat Breakfast! When you skip breakfast, your body slows your metabolism down as a protective measure. You haven’t had food in 8-12 hours! How can you expect your metabolism to get going if you’ve given it nothing to metabolize? Food, especially complex carbohydrates, fuels your metabolism.

Maintain and tone your muscles through weight training 2/3/4 days per week. Every ounce of lean muscle tissue on your body demands nutrients to sustain itself. In response, your body burns calories faster and stores less calories as fat. Ladies, please don’t worry. Unless you’re on steroids or have unnaturally high testosterone, you are NOT going to look like a Bodybuilder. Instead you could end up looking like a covergirl for Shape magazine – those girls lift weights. Believe it!

Snack smart and snack often! Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains stoke your metabolism, and keep your blood sugar steady. Steady blood sugar prevents you from becoming too hungry, and also keeps you from craving sweets. When you’re too hungry, you are more likely to lose control over what and how much you eat.

Purposely do things the hard way. If you’re overweight, then you need to always be always looking for a easy opportunity to burn calories. Take the furthest parking space. Choose an after-meal walk instead of dessert. Take the stairs. Use a rake instead of a grass blower. Buy a traditional lawnmower, not a self-propelled one. Use a mop or a vacuum, not one of those bloody Roomba things.

Eat more complex carbohydrates and lean proteins, and reduce fat and sugars. Complex carbs boost your energy and keep your metabolism working hard. Lean protein is used by the body to create muscle, which makes us burn calories at a faster rate – even when we’re sleeping!

Keep alcohol to a minimum. Avoid it completely if you can.Alcohol slows your metabolism and raises your appetite simultaneously. Do you know that alcohol has SEVEN calories per gram, almost as much as pure FAT. (Also many alcoholic drinks are loaded with sugar to boot.

Drink .8 ounces of water per pound of bodyweight daily (80 oz if you weigh 100 lbs). Water is required for your liver to effectively metabolize body fat! Carry a bottle of water with you and drink frequently throughout the day. Drink water between meals, not during meals - you’ll digest your food better.

Have a cup of black tea or coffee before aerobic exercise. Every study done on the effects of caffeine during aerobic exercise has shown an increased reliance on body fat for energy when a small amount of caffeine is consumed prior to exercise. Remember; use caffeine sparingly and in small doses. If your body is adapted to regular excessive caffeine use, it will not see the fat burning effect described here!

Last but not least… DON’T STARVE YOURSELF! 1200 daily calories for women and 1800 men is a bare minimum just to sustain life function and healthy tissue while at rest (BMR) – not even taking into account the energy it takes to get out of bed and move around (TDEE*)! When you don’t eat enough, your body will find the calories somewhere – it will breakdown your healthy muscle tissue to burn for energy. Less muscle = lower metabolism = you get fatter faster. This is why most people who have gone on very low calorie diets end up being fatter over the long haul.

see how helpful i am lol

Not in this life it ain't! That's 2½ hours on an exercise bike for an average person. Non-stop and at a sustained pace "

To be fair..that is a realistic target, you can burn 900cals on a basic step machine on high resistance in less than an hour! Done it 3 times a week for a year!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"The higher your metabolic rate, the more efficient your body is at converting food into energy, instead of converting it into body fat! Here are 11 simple ways to boost your metabolism.

Eat for what you’ll be doing the next 3-4 hours. Your body will retain less fat for stored energy, because you’re consistently giving it the fuel it required for the immediate task at hand.People burn more calories during the active parts of their day – work, play and exercise! Yet, most people make dinner by far their highest calorie meal of the day, then do nothing afterwards but “wind down” for a few hours and then go to sleep. So are you really burning much of those dinner calories? Of course not! It’s common sense if you think about it.

Get some aerobic activity EVERY SINGLE DAY! Walk! Jog! Play around with your kids! Have sex! Dance! Play Footbal1 Go Swimming ! Ride a Bike! It doesn’t matter what it is – just get your heart rate up for at least 20-30 minutes every day. Our bodies are amazing at adapting – it becomes what we do. People that sit on their arse most of the time, have bodies to match!

Eat Breakfast! When you skip breakfast, your body slows your metabolism down as a protective measure. You haven’t had food in 8-12 hours! How can you expect your metabolism to get going if you’ve given it nothing to metabolize? Food, especially complex carbohydrates, fuels your metabolism.

Maintain and tone your muscles through weight training 2/3/4 days per week. Every ounce of lean muscle tissue on your body demands nutrients to sustain itself. In response, your body burns calories faster and stores less calories as fat. Ladies, please don’t worry. Unless you’re on steroids or have unnaturally high testosterone, you are NOT going to look like a Bodybuilder. Instead you could end up looking like a covergirl for Shape magazine – those girls lift weights. Believe it!

Snack smart and snack often! Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains stoke your metabolism, and keep your blood sugar steady. Steady blood sugar prevents you from becoming too hungry, and also keeps you from craving sweets. When you’re too hungry, you are more likely to lose control over what and how much you eat.

Purposely do things the hard way. If you’re overweight, then you need to always be always looking for a easy opportunity to burn calories. Take the furthest parking space. Choose an after-meal walk instead of dessert. Take the stairs. Use a rake instead of a grass blower. Buy a traditional lawnmower, not a self-propelled one. Use a mop or a vacuum, not one of those bloody Roomba things.

Eat more complex carbohydrates and lean proteins, and reduce fat and sugars. Complex carbs boost your energy and keep your metabolism working hard. Lean protein is used by the body to create muscle, which makes us burn calories at a faster rate – even when we’re sleeping!

Keep alcohol to a minimum. Avoid it completely if you can.Alcohol slows your metabolism and raises your appetite simultaneously. Do you know that alcohol has SEVEN calories per gram, almost as much as pure FAT. (Also many alcoholic drinks are loaded with sugar to boot.

Drink .8 ounces of water per pound of bodyweight daily (80 oz if you weigh 100 lbs). Water is required for your liver to effectively metabolize body fat! Carry a bottle of water with you and drink frequently throughout the day. Drink water between meals, not during meals - you’ll digest your food better.

Have a cup of black tea or coffee before aerobic exercise. Every study done on the effects of caffeine during aerobic exercise has shown an increased reliance on body fat for energy when a small amount of caffeine is consumed prior to exercise. Remember; use caffeine sparingly and in small doses. If your body is adapted to regular excessive caffeine use, it will not see the fat burning effect described here!

Last but not least… DON’T STARVE YOURSELF! 1200 daily calories for women and 1800 men is a bare minimum just to sustain life function and healthy tissue while at rest (BMR) – not even taking into account the energy it takes to get out of bed and move around (TDEE*)! When you don’t eat enough, your body will find the calories somewhere – it will breakdown your healthy muscle tissue to burn for energy. Less muscle = lower metabolism = you get fatter faster. This is why most people who have gone on very low calorie diets end up being fatter over the long haul.

"

All true. Great advice. Forget going on a diet.

And a great point about women and lifting weights. Listen up, ladies!

Had to copy and paste that from one of my hubbys files, that's his field.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Sounds good but if you want to lose pounds quicker eat more protein rich food and cut down on carbs and eat your carbs earlier in the day so u have longer to burn them off also check out the gi index even good food has high sugar content which means they are higher in cals so eat fewer high gi foods and more lower gi foods makes preparing a diet more edible

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Had to copy and paste that from one of my hubbys files, that's his field."

Hopefully people will take that on board. It's not advice. It's actually what happens and what you need to do, to get in shape.

It's science.

By *l coupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Both of us decided this year was the year we put the hard work and effort into losing weight. Mrs has P.C.O.S and found it difficult in the past. We downloaded the my fitness pal app just after new year, bought a cross trainer and never looked back since.

If you have an off day try harder the rest of the week and you may still see results. Mrs goes out shorter walks but a few times a day then uses the cross trainer at night. Mr gets off the bus a stop or two early and walks the rest to work, also goes out a quick walk at his breaks, even if it is 5 mins, its still better than nothing.

Good luck with sticking at it, it is hard work to begin with but when the right results come in its worth it. Mrs has lost a stone so far and Mr has lost just over a stone

» Add a new message to this topic