FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do YOU do it?

How do YOU do it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Put up the Xmas tree and Decs I mean? Do you have a set day, time, routine, ritual etc? Or do you just bung it all up quickly when you have a spare moment?

I will be putting mine up this weekend and I usually have a bottle wine, some chocolate and snacks, put on the Christmas CD and away I go, by the end of the afternoon I'm totally p****d and dancing about with tinsel round mi head, neighbours think I'm nuts hehe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

December the 12th xx

That sounds like a great idea with the wine, nibbles and music..... I once worked in a pub in London, and one night after all the punters had gone home, all off the bar staff got together to decorate the bar, fuelled by copious amounts of alcohol! The health and safety bods would have a field day. We were up ladders, standing on stools balancing on top of tables and steaming d*unk!!!!

Looked fab when we finished (about 3am)

Put my tree up on Wednesday in shifts... between answering messages on fab!!! Took me ages! Still can't find some decorations!

we do exactly the same thing,,, few drinks and xmas muic......mmm just perfect xxxx

Forum Mod

Ours will go up next weekend and we'll all help and have the xmas cds on a few drinks and then ill feel ready for christmas

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Yep same with me and I really must get off here and start doing it lol

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Put up the Xmas tree and Decs I mean? Do you have a set day, time, routine, ritual etc? Or do you just bung it all up quickly when you have a spare moment?

I will be putting mine up this weekend and I usually have a bottle wine, some chocolate and snacks, put on the Christmas CD and away I go, by the end of the afternoon I'm totally p****d and dancing about with tinsel round mi head, neighbours think I'm nuts hehe. "

Dont do it t all unless my arm is well and truely twisted

Bahhhhhhhhh Humbuuuuuuuuug

It's a kids thing in my house, they help. My youngest and his pals scoff chocolate drink pop and get really hyped, then after they go to bed I redo it all!

My Christmas ritual goes like this every year:

Nag hubby to go up loft and get tree and boxes of decs down

Nag kids to leave whatever console txts dvd or tv programme they are in front of and get small bums into livingroom

Shut cat in hall or kitchen while hubby and kids argue over how the lights go on the tree

Shout at them all to shut up and tell them how I want it done

Open large box of heavy decs and tell youngest kid "they have to go at the bottom"

Open large box of decs and tell oldest kid "they have to go at the top"

Hand hubby the fairy/angel and demand its stuffed on top of tree with lights up its bum

Kick cat back out room since youngest kid decided the cat really needs to help

Wait til kids go to bed and rearrange half the baubles so there is only one per branch and not the 4 the youngest thinks makes it look better

On second thoughts I think I will do the tree when the kids are at school this year

Shona

x x x

Our usual routine is to put them up the first weekend in December.

It goes like this:

8am: Drag all the boxes from the loft (about 1 doz boxes of assorted lights, baubles, tinsel = enough to decorate Oxford Street basically)

9am: Breakfast

10am: Trees are up and in situ.

11am: Lights are on the trees and around the windows.

11:01: Switch lights on.

11:02 - 12:00: After pulling every single bulb trying to find the one that's blown I usually yell something along the lines of, "work you fucking bastard!"

12:00: Placate Siren who doesn't like excessive use of profanity, after she's come downstairs 'inquiring' what's wrong. (point of order here: 'Inquiring' usually means offering some really useless advice whilst I'm halfway up a ladder with a 400 set of twinkling lights wrapped round me neck that WON'T frigging twinkle!)

1pm: Off to B&Q to buy more bulbs only to find that they don't supply them anymore and that I have to order online but it's too late to get them in time for this Christmas but the kindly and helpful 16y/o 'salesgirl' suggests I buy some of their new LED sets that last a lifetime, at which point she looks at me quizically as she's just recognised me as Victor Meldrew coz I'm muttering something about last year's fookin set having a lifetime guarantee!

2pm: Fight my way to the checkout, carefully negotiating my trolley past some dickhead who's decided that he wants to finish off his extension (at Christmas ffs!) and has a trolley superloaded with large boards of MDF and refuses to fookin move it!

3pm: finally arrive back home with steam coming out of my ears like a cartoon character and a face as red as heavily menstruating banshee having a bad day.

3:01pm: Next door has nicked my parking spot. Count slowly to ten and then call him every name I can think of before parking 30 yards up the fookin road.

3:10pm: Get home to find Siren has put all the decs up but now they have to come down as the lights have to go on the tree first.

(fellas will bear me out here. The lights MUST go on the tree first so that the tinsel hides the green wire. Correct?)

4pm: Begin.

10pm: Finish

10:05pm: Switch on lights. All ok. Watch film, fall asleep. Wake up at 3am fookin freezin coz the heating's gone off but my lights are still working so I'm happy as larry and clamber upstairs to bed and snuggle up to my S.O. (who's so warm she's had to take ALL her clothes off... hmmmmm.. Suddenly not so tired.

I love Christmas!!!!

Ahhhh, Wishy, the true spirit of Xmas

Have to wait for daughter to help me get tree and decorations down from the loft

No set date, depends on what else is happening but my plan for tomorrow is:

Get up.

Create bacon and egg granary baguette masterpieces for breakkie and stick some proper coffee on.

Give the whole house a thorough clean and do those 'once in a blue moon' type cleaning jobs.

Erect trees. Congratulating myself on having fibre optic ones so I don't have to rush out to B&Q, negotiating inconsiderate DIY'ers and baffling sales assistants who are just out of nappies to get some new ones when all I really wanted was a single bulb

Decorate said trees and arrange the presents I've bought for everyone else under it.

Rescue cat from tree several times as I'm sure he should have been a sloth and has absolutely no grace or balance and will probably break his neck if I don't give him a hand

Dot tasteful and co-ordinating ornaments and other bits and bobs about the house.

Cook a fabulous roast lamb dinner and then tackle the ironing... while watching Muppets Christmas carol of course!

I can't wait!!

» Add a new message to this topic