FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bending over backwards

Bending over backwards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ub bbw OP   Woman  over a year ago

oldbury

Do you ever find yourself bending over backwards for some people for no gratitude on their part. Grrrrr I have just realized that for a friend of mine and I use the term loosely now it's always me putting myself out to fit in with them or if we go out its always me paying even tho they have more money than me. Is it just me that does this or are other fabsters too nice for their own good.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes i can empathize competely i do it all the time for a particular friend of mine and dont ever feel too appreciated yet cant help myself!

oldbury

"Yes i can empathize competely i do it all the time for a particular friend of mine and dont ever feel too appreciated yet cant help myself!"

Yes this one keeps canceling on me changes plans at last minute but just thinks it's okay grrrrr I'm thinking of reassesing things

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Friendship is a two way thing, we might go out and i will pay another time a friend will paay or we will pay for ourselves, no one counts how many times weve paid but that is because noone takes advantage of the other.

Sometimes you need your close friends for you and sometimes you are there for them, swings and roundabouts.

I might buy a friend some flowers one day but it doesnt mean i want some back

I do it all the time. I'm very giving and wont change for anyone

oldbury

I never used to notice until recently when money got tight after moving house I travel 2 hours on public transport when they have a car on the drive to see them they have been to me once in 6months it takes them 30 mins. I pay for meals out every time I go out with them I am the kind of person who would just buy them flowers because they are nice flowers but I am starting to think this friendship is one sided. I have other friends who its very 2way with

I don't let others take advantage of me, no doormat here.

"I do it all the time. I'm very giving and wont change for anyone "

Will bear this in mind for the Kent social

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Have you thought about talking to your friend about it?

By *tarkersandcrutchCouple  over a year ago

TELFORD

I had a friend who was all take take take, I didn't realise it at the time, I filled her cupboards with food, bought her wine and fags, drive her home from work after loosing her licence through drink driving, she would call me up crying I would drop everything to go and see her,I was invited out one night with her and some of her friends and was introduced "this is sharon, anything I want or need I just got to call her and she is there" it was at that moment I realised I was being used!! its made me think twice now. xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Just say... ' I think you are taking the piss '

Either.. Yes you are right, am sorry....

Or byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Do you ever find yourself bending over backwards for some people for no gratitude on their part. Grrrrr I have just realized that for a friend of mine and I use the term loosely now it's always me putting myself out to fit in with them or if we go out its always me paying even tho they have more money than me. Is it just me that does this or are other fabsters too nice for their own good."

No I don't! My time and money is precious. If I give either it's because I want to, not because someone has manipulated me out of it.

The same applies to my kids...I don't allow piss-taking!

oldbury

Keep have spoken to her before that she seems to make little effort she then blames her husband and says sorry but nothing changes. I think it's time to change.

"Do you ever find yourself bending over backwards for some people for no gratitude on their part. Grrrrr I have just realized that for a friend of mine and I use the term loosely now it's always me putting myself out to fit in with them or if we go out its always me paying even tho they have more money than me. Is it just me that does this or are other fabsters too nice for their own good."

Surely if your friends, you should be able to talk to her about it! Tell her how you feel.... Perhaps she doesn't realise how you feel!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Keep have spoken to her before that she seems to make little effort she then blames her husband and says sorry but nothing changes. I think it's time to change."
With respect i think you need to tell her that....

"I do it all the time. I'm very giving and wont change for anyone

Will bear this in mind for the Kent social "

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

I'm far too much of a soft touch, I'll never change with people I care about and I often go right out my way for them and do all I can to be a good friend but iv become quite good at spotting the people who just want to take and now I just ignore them, it's worked well so far!

I used to be a sucker but came to my senses. I cant help being a softy and am naturally giving but now i distance myself from those who take advantage

» Add a new message to this topic