FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dash Cam

Dash Cam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckscouple2007 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

Have noticed for a while now that many vids on YouTube or the MSN homepage are from dashboard cams but they all mostly seem to be from asia or eastern europe.. An example being some of the vids shown on telly on Fri of the meteor over Russia appeared to be from Dash Cams ..

Anyone here feel the need to fit one to their vehicle?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am getting one fitted to my scooter so that I know I can record the bad car drivers lol

"Have noticed for a while now that many vids on YouTube or the MSN homepage are from dashboard cams but they all mostly seem to be from asia or eastern europe.. An example being some of the vids shown on telly on Fri of the meteor over Russia appeared to be from Dash Cams ..

Anyone here feel the need to fit one to their vehicle?"

I would consider fitting one to my bicycle, as it would have come in very handy for the court case I am going through now. The wife wants one to name and shame numpty driving on motorways, isn't that what youtube is for

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Could have included the car being pulled over by the unmarked police car earlier, which decided that the place to stop was the right at the end of the joining slip road. Caused chaos for those trying to join the motorway and very nearly ended up with my scooter sandwiched between two cars.

Bucks

"Could have included the car being pulled over by the unmarked police car earlier, which decided that the place to stop was the right at the end of the joining slip road. Caused chaos for those trying to join the motorway and very nearly ended up with my scooter sandwiched between two cars. "

Didn't think scooters were permitted on a motorway

"Could have included the car being pulled over by the unmarked police car earlier, which decided that the place to stop was the right at the end of the joining slip road. Caused chaos for those trying to join the motorway and very nearly ended up with my scooter sandwiched between two cars.

Didn't think scooters were permitted on a motorway "

He never said motorway smarty pants

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"Could have included the car being pulled over by the unmarked police car earlier, which decided that the place to stop was the right at the end of the joining slip road. Caused chaos for those trying to join the motorway and very nearly ended up with my scooter sandwiched between two cars.

My thought too.

Southwick

He never said motorway smarty pants"

I would check again or try Spec savers.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

There are a lot of cyclists with 'helmet cams' (yes it conjures up an image doesnt it!! on UTube who seem to spend a lot of their time riding round looking for trouble...bobbing in and out between cars in heavy traffic then slating a car driver for pulling out near them...

Cant say I blame them for using them though..a lot of drivers are oblivious to cyclists..

Gosport

Given that it is a 459cc engined twist and go with a nominal top speed of 100mph ridden on a full B motorbike licence then yes it is still a scooter but fully motorway legal.

Gosport

Of course that should have been cat. A licence not B. Had even been discussing B1 vehicles earlier so should have got that one right.

"Have noticed for a while now that many vids on YouTube or the MSN homepage are from dashboard cams but they all mostly seem to be from asia or eastern europe.. An example being some of the vids shown on telly on Fri of the meteor over Russia appeared to be from Dash Cams ..

Anyone here feel the need to fit one to their vehicle?"

Many Russians fit them to protect themselves from corrupt Traffic Police of which there are plenty.

Bucks

Anyone here feel the need to fit one to their vehicle?

Many Russians fit them to protect themselves from corrupt Traffic Police of which there are plenty."

Many insurers are trying to promote black boxes in our cars to reduce premiums.. How long before Dash Cams become standard issue to lower our premiums?

Given that it is a 459cc engined twist and go with a nominal top speed of 100mph ridden on a full B motorbike licence then yes it is still a scooter but fully motorway legal. "

Notice the lack of apologies from the uneducated?.... All gone quiet thinking " I made an error due to my lack of knowledge, rather than asking for an explanation, I simply opened my mouth and assumed all 'scooters' were 50cc learner bikes for kids to make a noise on"... Welcome to the forums.... Groundhog Day.

When you pass your test you can ride anything over 50 cc on a motor way as for scooters on motorways they are perfectly legal. The Vespa gts 350 goes pretty quick and that's just a twist and go lambrettas are quick as well a ts1 is awesome. Most scooters ridden on motorways are over 150cc anyway

Given that it is a 459cc engined twist and go with a nominal top speed of 100mph ridden on a full B motorbike licence then yes it is still a scooter but fully motorway legal. "

Given that it is a 459cc engined twist and go with a nominal top speed of 100mph ridden on a full B motorbike licence then yes it is still a scooter but fully motorway legal.

Notice the lack of apologies from the uneducated?.... All gone quiet thinking " I made an error due to my lack of knowledge, rather than asking for an explanation, I simply opened my mouth and assumed all 'scooters' were 50cc learner bikes for kids to make a noise on"... Welcome to the forums.... Groundhog Day. "

So very true and so many car drivers are uneducated that is why bikes and scooters are ignored on the roads. Sorry mate I didn't see you don't cut it lol

Southwick

"Notice the lack of apologies from the uneducated?.... All gone quiet thinking " I made an error due to my lack of knowledge, rather than asking for an explanation, I simply opened my mouth and assumed all 'scooters' were 50cc learner bikes for kids to make a noise on"... Welcome to the forums.... Groundhog Day. "

One of the 'uneducated' here. I wasn't aware of the rule for scooters but don't feel the need to apologise. I haven't been on the forum for the past 4 hours either - so have only just seen your post.

» Add a new message to this topic