FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Oscar Pistorious

Oscar Pistorious

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think this was a tragic accident? I can't believe he murdered his girlfriend!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

yes ..i do .. seems odd that you would shoot someone 4 times if you did not intend to kill them

She turned up as a surprise for valentines day so maybe he shot several times in quick succession because he thought it was a burglar?

bristol

if it was a burglar would you not just shoot them in the leg to take them down and then call the police .. im sure i would not attempt to kill a burglar by shooting them in the head

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It was an accident he had the fluke of hitting her head. If it was in a rage he managed to hit her head. If it was premeditated he hit her head.

It's sad whatever happened.

South Africans are renowned for keeping weapons close by and are quite paranoid. Besides why would he want to murder her, he must have known his high profile would gather too much headline!

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"She turned up as a surprise for valentines day so maybe he shot several times in quick succession because he thought it was a burglar? "

In one report it said it happened at 3am - odd time for a Valentines surprise. Also, police had been called out to domestic disturbances before - apparently.

No doubt in time a lot of facts will come out - but until then we can only speculate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seems odd you would shoots someone 4 times without realising it was your girlfriend.

"Seems odd you would shoots someone 4 times without realising it was your girlfriend.

"

Seems more odd that he would commit such a terrible crime against his girlfriend especially with such a high profile, but nothing would surprise me!

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

No doubt it will be played out OJ style

bristol

according to reports .. the police have been called to the property on previous occassions for 'domestic' issues .. the neighbours reported rowing from the house prior to the shooting .. its not looking good for him is it !

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"She turned up as a surprise for valentines day so maybe he shot several times in quick succession because he thought it was a burglar?

In one report it said it happened at 3am - odd time for a Valentines surprise. Also, police had been called out to domestic disturbances before - apparently.

No doubt in time a lot of facts will come out - but until then we can only speculate."

The impression I've gleaned is he's not a nice person and his past "wrongdoings" have been covered up because of his disability. One report stated if Usain Bolt did the things Oscar did the world and his wife would know.

I can't believe he'd fuck up his life for killing a woman he'd only recently started dating unless he was high!

Truth is we can speculate all we want, the full truth may never be known, but he's innocent until proven guilty.

He could have anger problems, he must of kept them private. He could of abused her abit then suddenly snapped and now he is regretting it. I don`t think the poor black folks in prison are going to treat him nicely

New evidence has been found outside the residence near a window that could acquit Oscar!!

Footprints!!

London

"New evidence has been found outside the residence near a window that could acquit Oscar!!

Footprints!! "

Took me a while...

I would assume that if you snapped and killed someone the last thing on your mind at the time would be your high profile

By *now-bbw-bunnyCouple  over a year ago

southend-on-sea

If there is no foot prints he is guilty . Personal ll don't think he got a leg to stand on. Lol

By *tiffy3Man  over a year ago

surrey

It's no accident , he reloaded his gun 3 times , sad loss of life .

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"South Africans are renowned for keeping weapons close by and are quite paranoid. Besides why would he want to murder her, he must have known his high profile would gather too much headline!"

Only if it was premeditated would he think such things through.

When Oscar said he wanted to be like able bodied athelete's who knew he meant O.J. Simpson!

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

surly he cant be the first man to wake up legless on Valentines Day and shoot all over the wife's face while imagining she was someone else!!

dont think ha has a leg to stand on to be fair

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

gives a whole new meaning to taking your girlfriend out on valentines night

By *aguarsCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

If he murdered her surely he would know the outcome and most would then take own life. One shot went through bathroom door it looks like murder unless intruder was pinching the soap.

"She turned up as a surprise for valentines day so maybe he shot several times in quick succession because he thought it was a burglar?

No doubt in time a lot of facts will come out - but until then we can only speculate.

The impression I've gleaned is he's not a nice person and his past "wrongdoings" have been covered up because of his disability. One report stated if Usain Bolt did the things Oscar did the world and his wife would know.

I can't believe he'd fuck up his life for killing a woman he'd only recently started dating unless he was high!

Truth is we can speculate all we want, the full truth may never be known, but he's innocent until proven guilty."

I've read similar speculation about him. In addition to the connents about police attending previously there is at least one recorded incident of him hitting a woman at a party.

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

you dont shoot some one 4x by accident

roses are red

violets are glorious

dont sneak up

on oscar pistorious

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 17/02/13 11:23:00]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

do think it is very considerate when people say 'shoot the possible armed burglar in violence torn South Africa in the leg'...

they may thank you for your consideration by shooting you in the head

We don't really know what go on behind closed doors the ins and out of there life as private to them , even if in the public eye.. I would think over weeks to come there's going to be alot of stuff coming out .

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"you dont shoot some one 4x by accident "

I'm guessing she would have cried out after the first one, assuming it was a body shot.

" do think it is very considerate when people say 'shoot the possible armed burglar in violence torn South Africa in the leg'...

"

It's almost impossible to just shoot to wound, you nearly always end up missing. You always aim centre mass and in a self defense situation use a minimum of a double tap. It's the only way to ensure you stop your would-be attacker.

The fact he shot more than once leads me to believe he was genuinely in fear of his life.

A single shot would have been a premeditated execution whereas a full magazine would indicate a crime of passion or heat of the moment anger. 4 rounds to me says self defense, remember that South Africa is an incredibly violent place at times.

I could be wrong, but that's currently my take on the situation...

Why were all the headlines written in such a way that presumed we all knew who they were talking about? I don't know him, and to be honest don't really care. You might have guessed, I am not a sports fan.

[Removed by poster at 17/02/13 12:49:54]

some clueless comments on this thread. a lot of SA is considered lawless. why do you think they need gated armed enclaves? i know several SAfricans and they say that it is "shoot or be shot" if youu hear what you thnk is an intruder in your house. burglars over there carry AK47s not hammers. life is cheap. if you disturbed a burglar you would shoot until they hit the deck and then shoot once more to make sure they didn't get up. police accept this in most cases. and yes lots have a loaded gun either next to their bed or under the pillow. it's a different world over there

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I suspect if I awoke in the middle of the night in a country where crime is as rife as it seems to be in South Africa to find an unexpected visitor in my bedroom, I'd probably shoot at them too if a firearm was handy.

As for shooting to wound; that ain't so easy in perfect conditions. In the dark when just awake it's probably impossible, except by accident.

As for how many shots, I doubt we'll know for sure until the trial.

"I suspect if I awoke in the middle of the night in a country where crime is as rife as it seems to be in South Africa to find an unexpected visitor in my bedroom, I'd probably shoot at them too if a firearm was handy.

As for shooting to wound; that ain't so easy in perfect conditions. In the dark when just awake it's probably impossible, except by accident.

"

I'm sure I read that it was 4 rounds, which is perfectly feasible for a self defense shooting.

"I suspect if I awoke in the middle of the night in a country where crime is as rife as it seems to be in South Africa to find an unexpected visitor in my bedroom, I'd probably shoot at them too if a firearm was handy.

I'm sure I read that it was 4 rounds, which is perfectly feasible for a self defense shooting."

Defending himself from whom?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

" do think it is very considerate when people say 'shoot the possible armed burglar in violence torn South Africa in the leg'...

It's almost impossible to just shoot to wound, you nearly always end up missing. You always aim centre mass and in a self defense situation use a minimum of a double tap. It's the only way to ensure you stop your would-be attacker.

The fact he shot more than once leads me to believe he was genuinely in fear of his life.

A single shot would have been a premeditated execution whereas a full magazine would indicate a crime of passion or heat of the moment anger. 4 rounds to me says self defense, remember that South Africa is an incredibly violent place at times.

I could be wrong, but that's currently my take on the situation..."

ditto, anyone who has trained in small arms is taught 'double tap' in a close quarters situation..

shooting to wound is a media myth, in a live scenario with someone woken by someone else whom they deem to be a threat will put 2 into the body area as their first instant action..

if they are still a threat then one in the head..

Glasgow

"

I'm sure I read that it was 4 rounds, which is perfectly feasible for a self defense shooting."

I've read that too. Doesn't mean it's true.

"

shooting to wound is a media myth, in a live scenario with someone woken by someone else whom they deem to be a threat will put 2 into the body area as their first instant action..

.."

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ascertain they actually pose a real threat before shooting them in the face, no?

Glasgow

"

I'm sure I read that it was 4 rounds, which is perfectly feasible for a self defense shooting.

Defending himself from whom? "

No doubt his legal defence will be that he didn't know who he thought he needed to defend himslf from.

"It was late, it was dark, I'd only just woken up, I wasn't expected her ......... "

I don't understand all the talk of self defence, the police have stated that they have no idea of where the burglar theory has come from. And he is being charged with premeditated murder. Like you say who was he defending himself from?

Glasgow

"

ditto, anyone who has trained in small arms is taught 'double tap' in a close quarters situation..

................."

Was he trained in small arms? I doubt it.

I suspect he went into a shop and bought a sidearm.

I don't understand all the talk of self defence, the police have stated that they have no idea of where the burglar theory has come from. And he is being charged with premeditated murder. Like you say who was he defending himself from?"

We only have his evidence that he was shooting in self defence and that he had been asleep. Who knows? As I said before this is all only so much speculation - until it comes to trial we cannot know - and we may not find out everything even then.

in Lancashire

"

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ascertain they actually pose a real threat before shooting them in the face, no?"

its a difficult one and we are all making assumptions based on what we have heard etc..

there are about 15,000 reported murders a year in SA..

supposition but if you lived in a gated compound, and woke and found someone in your room in the dark you may think 'how did they get here'?..

chuck in other factors, being 'in drink' or other substances, state of mind, any previous similar situations etc etc..

again we dont know the facts..

in that type of society where violence and murder is of a higher frequency than most places i am not sure if people would wait to ascertain whom and why?..

luckily we dont live like that...

in Lancashire

"

Was he trained in small arms? I doubt it.

I suspect he went into a shop and bought a sidearm.

"

again who knows, not that au fait with their gun laws and practises with ownership etc

gun laws in some of these countries dont exist, wasnt it stevie wonder who said that even he could walk in to a gun shop in the states and buy one !!!!

Glasgow

"We only have his evidence that he was shooting in self defence and that he had been asleep. Who knows? As I said before this is all only so much speculation - until it comes to trial we cannot know - and we may not find out everything even then."

The trouble is we don't have HIS evidence at all. As far as I know he hasn't even entered a plea, far less tried to explain what happened.

As someone in the pub said last night, the trouble with acting in 'self defence' like this is that you're damned if you do and dead if you don't.

Very true - but, if they were alone, where does the assertion come from that he accidentally shot her thinking she was an intruder and that he had been asleep?

He must have told someone?

I've not read all the reports on this so I genuinely don't know, but the information must have come from somewhere.

"

Especially if they have prosthetics too.

He's gonna have trouble explaining the cricket bat.

Have you seen the figures for armed home invasion/murders in SA?

It was late at night, dark and he was asleep.

Yes, he may have lived in a nice part of town but that makes him a bigger target.

He is woken by'someone' in his room, they've not identified themselves and he.wasn't expecting a.late night visit from anyone.

Sadly the victim was his completely innocent girlfriend surprising him on Valentine's day.

It's tragic, it really is, but I can't help but feel its just a horrible case of mistaken identity, he believed he was being burgled and his life was in danger and he shot first.

Yes, he may have lived in a nice part of town but that makes him a bigger target.

He is woken by'someone' in his room, they've not identified themselves and he.wasn't expecting a.late night visit from anyone.

Sadly the victim was his completely innocent girlfriend surprising him on Valentine's day.

It's tragic, it really is, but I can't help but feel its just a horrible case of mistaken identity, he believed he was being burgled and his life was in danger and he shot first."

yeah. things have moved on a bit evidence wise. like a cricket bat covered in blood. either she attacked him with it or he attacked her with it or he used it to smash down the bathroom door down in order to shoot her in the face..it would seem

It's tragic, it really is, but I can't help but feel its just a horrible case of mistaken identity, he believed he was being burgled and his life was in danger and he shot first.

yeah. things have moved on a bit evidence wise. like a cricket bat covered in blood. either she attacked him with it or he attacked her with it or he used it to smash down the bathroom door down in order to shoot her in the face..it would seem"

Aaah, I've not seen the news yet, so didn't know about that. I guess we'll know when the results of the blood match come back then...

This is a lengthy quote - and I hope I am not breaking any forum rules here but this is the latest report from The Guardian:

The mystery over South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius's role in the killing of the model Reeva Steenkamp has deepened amid a series of claims and counter-claims about what happened at his home in Pretoria last week.

South African newspapers reported a series of details about the case, citing "sources close to the investigation", although the police denied the information had come from them.

A police spokeswoman could not explain how the claims had emerged but did not deny them. "We are not commenting on anything in the newspapers today as the case is still before the court," she said on Sunday. "They are insinuating they got the information from the police."

Medupe Simasiku, of the national prosecuting authority, said the leaks did not necessarily affect the court case as "the evidence [published] might be wrong".

South Africa's well-respected City Press newspaper reported that a bloodied cricket bat found at Pistorius's home was the central piece of evidence against him. Citing sources close to the investigation, the paper said Steenkamp's skull was crushed and police requested that Pistorius undergo drug tests.

City Press also reported that Pistorius called his father soon after 3.20am on Thursday and asked him to come to the house. When the family arrived, Pistorius was allegedly carrying Steenkamp, who was wearing a nightdress, down the stairs. The paper added that all sources had dismissed the theory that Pistorius mistook Steenkamp for a burglar.

The Sunday Independent published an inter_iew with an unnamed "friend" who claimed Pistorius called her in the early hours of Thursday morning. When she arrived at Pistorius's home, he was apparently carrying Steenkamp down the stairs.

The friend said she and Pistorius tried to help Steenkamp but she was pronounced dead by paramedics who arrived shortly afterwards.

eNews Channel Africa presented a narrative in which CCTV footage showed that Steenkamp arrived at the house at 6pm on Wednesday. It said neighbours claimed they heard arguments, and investigators believed the couple were together in bed at one point.

It was thought that Steenkamp moved to the bathroom and was shot through the door, possibly at close range, the channel reported. Pistorius picked up her body and carried her downstairs. He called a family member but not the police, who were alerted instead by neighbours.

Pistorius, who last year became the first double amputee to compete against able-bodied athletes in the Olympics, remains in custody after being charged with murder.

He is due to apply for bail at a court hearing in Pretoria on Tuesday, the same day that Steenkamp is set to be cremated at a private service.

Her father, Barry Steenkamp, told Britain's Mail on Sunday that the family was struggling to come to terms with the death, but added: "There is no hatred in our hearts."

He said of Pistorius: "He must be going through things that we don't know about. We ask the Lord every day to help us find a reason why this should happen to Reeva. She was the most beautiful, kind girl in the world."

Pistorius's father, Henke, said he had "zero doubt" that Steenkamp's death was a tragic accident. He told the Sunday Telegraph in the UK: "When you are a sportsman, you act even more on instinct. It's instinct – things happen and that's what you do."

A close friend of Oscar Pistorius told how the athlete phoned him moments after Steenkamp was shot. "Oscar called me at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot," Justin Divaris told the Sunday People. "I said to him: 'What are you talking about? I don't understand you.' He then repeated himself: 'There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva.'

"Next thing his neighbour picked up the phone and told me it was true and told me to get to Oscar's home. I was in total shock. I asked the neighbour: 'Is she OK?' Did the gun go off by accident?' She replied: 'No. She's not OK. You need to get here.'"

London

"

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ascertain they actually pose a real threat before shooting them in the face, no?"

He shot her through the bathroom door, so I don't know what the immediate threat would be.

"

Perhaps it would be a good idea to ascertain they actually pose a real threat before shooting them in the face, no?

He shot her through the bathroom door, so I don't know what the immediate threat would be."

I knew not of those details when I posted.

If what's being said in the above newspaper quote is true, then its pretty damming evidence that he killed her in cold blood.

"

He shot her through the bathroom door, so I don't know what the immediate threat would be."

May be he thought she was a Dalek..... if she still had the cricket bat sticking out of her head.

Am I the only one here who thinks whatever the outcome is,it's the lawyers who'll benefit from all this media obsessed world.....

London

"

He shot her through the bathroom door, so I don't know what the immediate threat would be.

May be he thought she was a Dalek..... if she still had the cricket bat sticking out of her head."

London

"Am I the only one here who thinks whatever the outcome is,it's the lawyers who'll benefit from all this media obsessed world..... "

They will earn every penny spinning it to make Oscar look like a saint and the woman a raving loon!

"

He's tweeted before about mistaking his washing machine for an intruder, I must admit when I read that I thought he sounded like someone that did too much .

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

He's tweeted before about mistaking his washing machine for an intruder,"

seriously?

"Am I the only one here who thinks whatever the outcome is,it's the lawyers who'll benefit from all this media obsessed world.....

They will earn every penny spinning it to make Oscar look like a saint and the woman a raving loon! "

It's a sad inevitability that discrediting her will be a key part of his defence.

"

He's tweeted before about mistaking his washing machine for an intruder, I must admit when I read that I thought he sounded like someone that did too much ."

I haven't seen that reported but it then begs the question what stopped him shooting the washing machine?

"Am I the only one here who thinks whatever the outcome is,it's the lawyers who'll benefit from all this media obsessed world.....

They will earn every penny spinning it to make Oscar look like a saint and the woman a raving loon!

It's a sad inevitability that discrediting her will be a key part of his defence."

The sad part is that this story is about Oscar and not about Reeva.

"

He's tweeted before about mistaking his washing machine for an intruder,

seriously? "

Apparently so. It was a self deprecating tweet about going into combat mode.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

He's tweeted before about mistaking his washing machine for an intruder, I must admit when I read that I thought he sounded like someone that did too much .

I haven't seen that reported but it then begs the question what stopped him shooting the washing machine?"

It too was fully loaded

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

He is now allowed to compete abroad as his passport is being released.

Please no 'will he do a runner?' Jokes!!!

» Add a new message to this topic