FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Arty-Farty....

Arty-Farty....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was showering this afternoon and as usual was hating the picture I have on the bathroom wall, it was cheap (from BMS) but it's big enough to cover some dodgy plastering.

What do you hang on your walls? Do you buy 'art' that you genuinely love? or do you buy supermatket/ikea type things to colour coordinate with the decor?

... or maybe you have a cute sub hanging on your wall?

Or are any of you quite arty and have your own work on display?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had one picture that was already framed from a shop and made two similar ones myself with photo's - people have commented on the beauty of them

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've got all sorts. Some of my own work. A triptych my sister bought for my birthday. A big modern abstract piece. A box full of things that used to be up and now I'm not sure what to do with them.

pic of elvis(wifes) and valetino rossi as he is a legend

"I had one picture that was already framed from a shop and made two similar ones myself with photo's - people have commented on the beauty of them "

oooh.. are they self portraits?

well last week I had a sub cuffed to a wall

In my living room I have a print of a painting by an artist I like plus some home made pics from a Litchenstein calander.

I also use CD covers to make small framed pictures too, cheap but effective

I have a picture of some stacked pebbles believe or not. It's ok as it's in black and white which makes anything seem arty

"well last week I had a sub cuffed to a wall

In my living room I have a print of a painting by an artist I like plus some home made pics from a Litchenstein calander.

I also use CD covers to make small framed pictures too, cheap but effective"

I like 'cheap but effective' If I ever see something groovy on t'interweb I save it on the pc, mostly saving them for when I move house and at some point will print and frame

"I have a picture of some stacked pebbles believe or not. It's ok as it's in black and white which makes anything seem arty "

I've got piles of pebbles but not on the walls.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm about as arty as a chimp on cocaine (so maybe I could exhibit in one or two galleries and maybe get a Turner prize)...I have cheap and cheerful stuff, canvases of my glamour photoshoot, papyruses that I've bought in Egypt or picked up at carboots, an original photograph of Duddon Sands that a friend of my ex gave me and a print of Dali's Persistence of Memory (the melting clocks) that I bought in his home town of Cadaques...If I like it and it has an association for me, I'll hang it. I've got two paintings that I bought in Peru in 2009 that'll finally get framed and hung in my new bathroom

"I had one picture that was already framed from a shop and made two similar ones myself with photo's - people have commented on the beauty of them

oooh.. are they self portraits? "

oh god nooooo that would put people off for life lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

In the bathroom and kitchen i have those metal plaque things with funny things on them.

Im still waiting to find a nice picture for my long bedroom wall, but im not in a rush i will wait until i see something

"I'm about as arty as a chimp on cocaine (so maybe I could exhibit in one or two galleries and maybe get a Turner prize)...I have cheap and cheerful stuff, canvases of my glamour photoshoot, papyruses that I've bought in Egypt or picked up at carboots, an original photograph of Duddon Sands that a friend of my ex gave me and a print of Dali's Persistence of Memory (the melting clocks) that I bought in his home town of Cadaques...If I like it and it has an association for me, I'll hang it. I've got two paintings that I bought in Peru in 2009 that'll finally get framed and hung in my new bathroom"

is your new bathroom completed now?

"I have a picture of some stacked pebbles believe or not. It's ok as it's in black and white which makes anything seem arty

I've got piles of pebbles but not on the walls."

I've got piles, but I'm not exhibiting them

"I'm about as arty as a chimp on cocaine (so maybe I could exhibit in one or two galleries and maybe get a Turner prize)...I have cheap and cheerful stuff, canvases of my glamour photoshoot, papyruses that I've bought in Egypt or picked up at carboots, an original photograph of Duddon Sands that a friend of my ex gave me and a print of Dali's Persistence of Memory (the melting clocks) that I bought in his home town of Cadaques...If I like it and it has an association for me, I'll hang it. I've got two paintings that I bought in Peru in 2009 that'll finally get framed and hung in my new bathroom

is your new bathroom completed now? "

Nope, but should be finished next week

Plants, hanging plants especially, are good. I had this great one in the bathroom that hung down into the shower. Was like showering in the jungle. Awesome. Mirrors are good too, not to look in but they take up wall and they amplify daylight. I like the ones that look like windows. Apart from that, framed art and canvassed photography really neaten up the organised mess of living space to save me being OCD

Got a Kandinsky in the bedroom, I love it

"I have a picture of some stacked pebbles believe or not. It's ok as it's in black and white which makes anything seem arty

I've got piles, but I'm not exhibiting them "

Didn't they deal with them when you had the hip op. Oooo, does that make you a hip op artisit?

By *allen MadonnaWoman  over a year ago

In my own little world

ive bums and boobs on show in my bathroom,framed birthday cards, which means I can change them easily.

no family pics in the bedroom, as it would put me off

I've got piles, but I'm not exhibiting them

Didn't they deal with them when you had the hip op. Oooo, does that make you a hip op artisit?"

The buggers wouldn't put me a double-jointed hip in or do a tummy tuck while I was on the table so my asteroids remain in place

"I'm about as arty as a chimp on cocaine (so maybe I could exhibit in one or two galleries and maybe get a Turner prize)...I have cheap and cheerful stuff, canvases of my glamour photoshoot, papyruses that I've bought in Egypt or picked up at carboots, an original photograph of Duddon Sands that a friend of my ex gave me and a print of Dali's Persistence of Memory (the melting clocks) that I bought in his home town of Cadaques...If I like it and it has an association for me, I'll hang it. I've got two paintings that I bought in Peru in 2009 that'll finally get framed and hung in my new bathroom

Nope, but should be finished next week "

oooooo exciting

"

no family pics in the bedroom, as it would put me off

"

I don't have family photos up anywhere in the house, I've never liked them. (family photos I mean Not my family lol!)

I have boobage in the living room, a print of the Edvard Munch Madonna, and a couple of Klimt prints on canvas

oooooo exciting "

Yep, then I've got a nude decorator visiting in a couple of weeks to paint the ceiling (amongst other things)

I love Fab!

"

Yep, then I've got a nude decorator visiting in a couple of weeks to paint the ceiling (amongst other things)

I love Fab! "

I want one!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Jay used to own an art gallery and his whole has is covered in paintings. My favourite out the lot is a smallish one of a milkmaid dropping a letter on the floor and looking upset.

Pop into an art school show for a pic that tickles you xx

oooooo exciting

I love Fab! "

oooooo have fun !!!!

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

i like off the wall stuff really .. all our families have homes that resemble 'Barrat Showhouses' which whilst very nice seem to lack personality. We have a friend who has a barn and has the most extroadinary house Ive ever been into .. completely off the wall but such a relaxing environment to be in

"

I love Fab!

I want one! "

tee hee did she spill te beans,lol

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

I'm not one for displaying photos of the family...someone always gets upset if they don't have pride of place so no-one does!

Instead I have at least one picture of the Eiffel Tower in just about every room...(yes I'm nutty about it).

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I buy for investment and enjoyment, love going round the graduate shows and seeing new talent emerging.

I have bought a good few

By *iamp86Man  over a year ago

preston

I've got various bits of art I did myself - mostly life drawings

Need to update them with the ones I've done in the last two years

We gave most of ours to the BHF shop when we moved. All we have now is a signed Bowie album, a framed collection of Bowie concert tickets going back to 1972 and a drawing our daughter did for her O Level art.

And a huge mirror

Got a signed picture of 'Foggy' taken at donnington pack

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i dont have any art on the walls yet. ne wall in my living room is papered and had big orang flowers on it which i love looking at.

i have seen a great pic of 3 pairs of ladies legs with killer heels and ab tatts on them....just the legs, no other part of the body, that i want to put on a canvas but as i stole the pic from facebook i'm not sure it will take to beeing blown up as big as i want it.

my mum and sister bought me some lovely metal wall art of a shoe and a handbag the other year which will eventually go in my bedroom when i decorate it

oh......and i have a print of a ladies bum and legs again with killer shoes on (sense a theme???) if you have been to chams you will have seen tis pic as it is on the wall above the stairs next to the round room

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

i have a couple of banksy prints on canvas in my living room and some black and white stuff in my dinning room. Im looking for somehting that grabs my attention for the bedroom and the play room will have mirrors and some kind of erotic art in if i can find something i really like

I have all my old army pictures in my bathroom. It's sort of a tradition in he military. The rest if the place I have some of my own painting and just stuff like. Don't care where it's from as long as I like it my personal far is my dogs playing pool you don't get classier than that xx

"I have all my old army pictures in my bathroom. It's sort of a tradition in he military. The rest if the place I have some of my own painting and just stuff like. Don't care where it's from as long as I like it my personal far is my dogs playing pool you don't get classier than that xx"

It's only really classy if it's on the green felty stuff.

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

I have my own art on the walls, paintings and photographs and also have a place to hang a cute blindfolded and collared sub in front of a full length mirror if i could find one again ;D

I also actually need some fem or hot tv models to sketch if anyone wants to hang out and play model

"I have all my old army pictures in my bathroom. It's sort of a tradition in he military. The rest if the place I have some of my own painting and just stuff like. Don't care where it's from as long as I like it my personal far is my dogs playing pool you don't get classier than that xx

It's only really classy if it's on the green felty stuff."

I ain't that classy x

"I have all my old army pictures in my bathroom. It's sort of a tradition in he military. The rest if the place I have some of my own painting and just stuff like. Don't care where it's from as long as I like it my personal far is my dogs playing pool you don't get classier than that xx

I ain't that classy x"

What about one of those light-up Jesus or Mary pictures?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I've bought commercial mass produced prints before and see nothing wrong with some of the stuff you can get here and there, as long as they enhance a room. However, aside from the 3D Homer Simpson in the downstairs loo, I've now replaced all my pictures with original pieces.

I ain't that classy x

What about one of those light-up Jesus or Mary pictures?"

No but I have for a holographic Jesus on the cross. At first it's just the normal depiction of Jesus on the cross then you look again and he's still on the cross but giving a double thumbs up hahaha I bought that when I was on a job in Lourdes believe it or not hahaha x

The only pic I have hanging in my flat is a canvas of a line of scooters the background is black and white of a new York city street. The scooters are all different colours I love it.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

We have been out for a couple of days now looking for some wall art...not easy, you need to get the colour, size, content and shape spot on..

We have decided to get canvases done of our own pictures, black and white with a bit of colour popping..

I have lots of things water colours of local coast line , pics of my animals i have had done in oils , And some old oil panting of all sorts . And have lots of nice mirrors and antique plates.

» Add a new message to this topic