FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nuts in May

Nuts in May

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watching this for the umpteenth time and was wondering if anyone else on here - yer gonna need to be 40 plus I reckon - remembers 'Play for Today' on the beeb back in the day. Any favourites?

And before you start, I'm ironing as well, not just sat on my ass.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's utterly awesome... I love watching it....I laugh so much at the camping scene,,,

Is it on telly?

"Just watching this for the umpteenth time and was wondering if anyone else on here - yer gonna need to be 40 plus I reckon - remembers 'Play for Today' on the beeb back in the day. Any favourites?

And before you start, I'm ironing as well, not just sat on my ass."

Way to many to list.... but I have dozens on tape... including stuff like Edna the inebriate woman, Abigail’s party, The flip side of Dominic Hide, Just a Boys Game,, Elephants Grave Yard…Just another Saturday……

Just dusted off "Cathy Come Home"....

That fill my next rainy afternoon!!

"Is it on telly?"
no I torrented it a while ago. I have a clear conscience on that one though as I bought the video about a million years ago, so they've had my money x

"Just watching this for the umpteenth time and was wondering if anyone else on here - yer gonna need to be 40 plus I reckon - remembers 'Play for Today' on the beeb back in the day. Any favourites?

Way to many to list.... but I have dozens on tape... including stuff like Edna the inebriate woman, Abigail’s party, The flip side of Dominic Hide, Just a Boys Game,, Elephants Grave Yard…Just another Saturday……

"

wow - a true connosiuer x

wow - a true connosiuer x"

I just find pretty much anything from the Play for Today series beats anything Hollywood spits out ….

I love homespun British drama where the likes of Mike Leigh, Ken Loach and Alan Bennet all seem to capture something so real about the human condition…

But no matter who you are ,,,,ya gotta “Love Nuts in May” because Candice Marie and Keith are two of the most endearing characterisations in the entire creation of television history….

Funny as fuk they are!!!..

OMG...I'm gonna have to watch it again!!

wow - a true connosiuer x

I just find pretty much anything from the Play for Today series beats anything Hollywood spits out ….

I love homespun British drama where the likes of Mike Leigh, Ken Loach and Alan Bennet all seem to capture something so real about the human condition…

But no matter who you are ,,,,ya gotta “Love Nuts in May” because Candice Marie and Keith are two of the most endearing characterisations in the entire creation of television history….

Funny as fuk they are!!!..

OMG...I'm gonna have to watch it again!! "

Bennet's Talking Heads are legend in this house. Pathos just under the humour. You're absolutely right about capturing the human condition. Yeah, you can keep most of the American stuff.

Fave quote from Nuts in May - 'why do we need to stick to a schedule?'

'There's no point in having a schedule if you're not going to stick to it!'

"

'There's no point in having a schedule if you're not going to stick to it!' "

So many to choose from but always I like...

CANDICE MARIE

"Keith?"

KEITH

"Mmm"

CANDICE MARIE

"You know you always tell me to chew everything 72 times?"

KEITH

"Mmm"

CANDICE MARIE

"Well I don't think that can be right, because, um for instance you're chewing nuts now, and they have to be chewed 72 times because they're very hard. But earlier on I was eating mushroom, and I only got to 31 and it slipped down my throat quite naturally. So it doesn't always have to be 72 times does it?"

KEITH

[long pause while chewing] "I think the important thing is to uh, use your discretion"...

"

'There's no point in having a schedule if you're not going to stick to it!'

So many to choose from but always I like...

CANDICE MARIE

"Keith?"

KEITH

"Mmm"

CANDICE MARIE

"You know you always tell me to chew everything 72 times?"

KEITH

"Mmm"

CANDICE MARIE

"Well I don't think that can be right, because, um for instance you're chewing nuts now, and they have to be chewed 72 times because they're very hard. But earlier on I was eating mushroom, and I only got to 31 and it slipped down my throat quite naturally. So it doesn't always have to be 72 times does it?"

KEITH

[long pause while chewing] "I think the important thing is to uh, use your discretion"...

"

Brilliant. The bit at Lulworth Cove and Corfe Castle is classic too.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

And before you start, I'm ironing as well, not just sat on my ass."

was Abigail's Party part of that when it was first shown

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

sorry just read the full thread, yes also love Edna

was Abigail's Party part of that when it was first shown"

I think Nuts came before the Party,,,, but they are not related stories as such....

Same actress and screen-writer though, who also happend to be married to one another in real life ...

"sorry just read the full thread, yes also love Edna"

Edna - was that Patricia Hayes? Very touching.

» Add a new message to this topic